As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax South Hype thread

• Options
    dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    Are any of you guys doing a room share for South? I know this obviously isn't the place but wouldn't mind staying with a fellow pinner.

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    The only problem is getting to San Antonio now right? I assume that's a good 2 hour drive each way...

That's going on optimism, but the potential is there. Really just depends on how bad it is getting out of Houston.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I have also seen the movie that the cool kids have seen!
    Cowpuppy wrote: »
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Duckie wrote: »
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    good lord......i just got home......pax hype train is like the movie snowpiercer, only theres an awesome party all the time and nobody dies!

Dude, you are like the only other person I've met who's seen that film!

Same here! I keep telling people how good it is but they don't listen!

That movie is amaaaaazing!

New thread: Pinny Pals Snowpiercer Appreciation Thread - Snowpiercer Pin Please?

Snowpincer.

• Options
    rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    Houston to San Antonio is about three hours. I didn't look at bus routes but thats a great idea. I'm pissed I booked my flight to to Austin a month ago.

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Well then... who wants to take the Thursday AM Jet Blue flight into Houston with me?
    Done I was thinking the same thing.
    I was looking at the prices.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    Megabus is five bucks and Greyhound is about ten one way with internet pricing. Might have to fly out of Houston...I might be joining the plane group home!!!

• Options
    madorukmadoruk WA, USARegistered User regular
    I will also be attending, but will be enforcing and might end up missing out on some things (like what happened at Prime). I hope to make it to a pre-pin meetup. I can also _try_ to pick up some pins for others, just send me a message (I am nearish Seattle).

Hopefully see you in San Antonio!

• Options
    I'm down for a team boston area pin pal doing this.
    I have already 1 friend down for this.

My Pin collection
  • Options
    Fares include government taxes and fees.
    Book Nov. 4 - 5, 2014 (the earlier of 11:59 PM ET or local time).
    the offer ends today
    The deal for Houston needs to be booked by tonight FYI.

My Pin collection
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Get on our Boston Plane to Houston for a lovely 3 hour bus ride once we land! Under $140 round trip apparently which is just friggin amazing.

• Options
    Get on our Boston Plane to Houston for a lovely 3 hour bus ride once we land! Under $140 round trip apparently which is just friggin amazing.

Too bad nothing from Oregon is that cheap.

• Options
    HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    dchoy wrote: »

Too bad nothing from Oregon is that cheap.

Nor Seattle.
    Why didn't I just stay in Texas?...
    Oh right, because Texas.
    And Prime.
    Why didn't I just stay in Texas?...

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    This is the only time living in San Antonio has been a good thing

• Options
    Looks like they extended the sale till today. Are people flying out Monday night??

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    rentfn wrote: »
    Looks like they extended the sale till today. Are people flying out Monday night??

Darkinfero and I are flying out Tuesday night.

PM me if you want out seats so you can sit with us!

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I too will also be at PAX South as well!

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Pinfessionals is looking for a southy for our group. We're semi-hardcore (get the pins we can).

Applications open now! I just sent Manic a message asking if he's getting people applying to him or what.

• Options
    EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    If only I could find a good flight deal, I would totally sign up to be an Enforcer for South...

• Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    If only I could find a good flight deal, I would totally sign up to be an Enforcer for South...

What's considered a good price for us folks in the NW? Most I see are $300 and that's about as good as it gets.

• Options
    AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    What's considered a good price for us folks in the NW? Most I see are $300 and that's about as good as it gets.

That's about what I paid for round trip from SEA when I booked a month or two back.

• Options
    276 for Alaska Airlines right meow.

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    I'm still waiting on a good price out of Minneapolis, but once I have that I will totally be looking forward to not freezing my ass off at South!

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options

ah shoot I have to fly out Monday. Oh well. Hope to meet up with everyone there thou!!!!!

• Options

ah shoot I have to fly out Monday. Oh well. Hope to meet up with everyone there thou!!!!!

Well you still have your flight out to sit with us on Thursday :P

• Options
    Hingo wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on a good price out of Minneapolis, but once I have that I will totally be looking forward to not freezing my ass off at South!

Disclaimer,
    Texas is a dessert. You'll be there in January.
    It may or may not be cold.

• Options
    Happendy wrote: »

Flights are the least of my worries though. Not having a cheap hotel is the main thing from keeping me from wanting to go super badly. I'd also be flying solo as none of my friends really care to go to South. All of our efforts are typically geared for Prime each year...

• Options

Flights are the least of my worries though. Not having a cheap hotel is the main thing from keeping me from wanting to go super badly. I'd also be flying solo as none of my friends really care to go to South. All of our efforts are typically geared for Prime each year...

http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-bk-wyndham-garden-san-antonio-riverwalk-museum-reach-1?utm_source=uu40803464&utm_campaign=UserReferral_ma
    The magical world of Groupon hotels!

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »

Disclaimer,
    Texas cold is not Minnesota cold. I *MIGHT* bring a hoodie.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options

http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-bk-wyndham-garden-san-antonio-riverwalk-museum-reach-1?utm_source=uu40803464&utm_campaign=UserReferral_ma

What am I made of money! $600+ for this whole trip and that's not including food and all the pins I would buy... lol

• Options
    Disclaimer,

Well, if you get your cobbler with the ice cream, you'll get both the warm cobbler and the cold ice cream. Best of both worlds!

(Please don't hate me :D )

Pins!
  • Options

What am I made of money! $600+ for this whole trip and that's not including food and all the pins I would buy... lol

Get 2 beds, split between four forumers.
    New price, 150.

But really, I'll be buying a bunch of pinny sets at South for anyone who can't make it.

• Options
    @Happendy‌ I might take you up on that offer if I decide not to go.

• Options
    It rained wet ice here once for a couple minutes. All the interstates shut down

• Options
    Qumaden wrote: »
    It rained wet ice here once for a couple minutes. All the interstates shut down

The south is such a fucking joke.

• Options
    Well, they don't have any equipment to deal with it, so why buy a salt shaker when you can just say fuck it, I'm not going to work today. It took me four hours to get to work that day, it normally took me ten minutes

• Options
    Oh I get that, but it's still hilarious.

• Options
    EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Well flights for us aren't terrible...Southwest for 275ish, right to San Antonio. But that plus a hotel....wish I had friends in town! All my Texas friends live elsewhere :\

• Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    Well flights for us aren't terrible...Southwest for 275ish, right to San Antonio. But that plus a hotel....wish I had friends in town! All my Texas friends live elsewhere :\

Room share!

• Options
    Oh I get that, but it's still hilarious.

Come drive the roads during an ice storm down here. It's nearly as dangerous as climbing some mountains in the Himalayas.

Pins!
  • Options
    "Ice Storm" is kind of a cute way of putting it. It gets a little chilly and about five minutes of precipitation and the populous go as nuts as Japan when godzilla hits.