As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM Sale: CHRISTMAS SALE HAS BEGUN!

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited December 2014 in Social Entropy++
fall_sale_2014.png
Is the fall sale coming?

uIZiIto.jpg
Is your steam wallet ready?

n6tw8sO.jpg
Will any of us survive?

Anyway if you are on steam, there will be sales and trades and gifting going on.
If interested, please join the PA Group
lboFa90.png
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PennyArcade

and the SE Group
teLk4rb.png
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SEPLUSPLUS

Now with additional German!

May your wishlist always be the daily deal! Praise GabeN!
Can I make a request that everybody make their steam names identifiable as their forum name near Xmas so I know who the heck everyone is and can gift people appropriately.

Brolo on

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Huh. Didn't know there was a SE++ group. I'll have to join up later.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Jesus that picture for the SE++ group is from 10 years ago.

Ancient fucking history man.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    Jesus that picture for the SE++ group is from 10 years ago.

Ancient fucking history man.

business as usual

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    last Steam Sale was wonderful, but there's not a whole lot I'm looking for this time around? Too many awesome but exclusive console games

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I still haven't played my shit from the summer sale.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I still haven't played shit from 2011.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Captain K wrote: »
    So far I'm finding that the mid game in Endless Legend feels far less tedious than Civ. Once I realized there was a setting for quicker battle animations I really started enjoying combat, and for some reason micromanaging my cities is engaging too.

I had a look and can't see the battle animation thing, where did you find it?

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I think it is at game creation screen in one of the custom options

Jars on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    That's not German

That looks like, I don't know, Danish

[edit] Actually it's Norwegian

Platy on
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    No joke, I am seriously considering getting Farming Sim. It looks like all of the relaxation of Euro Truck Sim 2, which I love, plus I can see the fruits of my labor.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Don't you hate it when you launch a game on Steam and go off to do something while it loads, only to come back and find it just launched a launcher which you have to click again to launch the game.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Where the prices are made up and the backlogs don't matter!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Where the prices are made up and the backlogs don't matter!

The backlogs are like UPN's fall line up?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    walk without rhythm, so as not to attract the Newell

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Every sale I say there's nothing left I even want to buy and every sale I end up collecting an irresponsible amount of digital entertainment

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Can I make a request that everybody make their steam names identifiable as their forum name near Xmas so I know who the heck everyone is and can gift people appropriately.

I fully expect the answer to this request to be "no" but thought I'd make it anyway.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Enough of you are talking about Endless Legend, I shall pull the trigger on getting it soon. Sounds fantastic.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I was checking out my Humble Bundle library and found I never redeemed this key for Mirror's Edge. I already own it, so here you go.

FGK3Q-QW28G-NKEAT

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Are the Rebirth trading cards the same images as the BoI cards?

I mean trading cards are really goofy, so I can understand not bothering with new art

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    It was only after I finished The Wolf Among Us last night that I realised that between that and playing The Path over the weekend has meant that the last two games I played featured playing as:

- A modernistic fantastical interpretation of Red Riding Hood, and
    - A modernistic fantastical interpretation of the Big Bad Wolf.

My, what shiny teeth you have.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular

I fully expect the answer to this request to be "no" but thought I'd make it anyway.

Dr Loosen lives forever until I decide it's not that funny anymore in probably a few years

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I find it more and more fun seeing what is on sale each day than actually buying anything as the years go on.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Heh, yes, steam sales...

• Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Captain K wrote: »
    So far I'm finding that the mid game in Endless Legend feels far less tedious than Civ. Once I realized there was a setting for quicker battle animations I really started enjoying combat, and for some reason micromanaging my cities is engaging too.

I had a look and can't see the battle animation thing, where did you find it?

Yeah, it's only an option at the game creation screen, which I find puzzling.

If anyone here is like me and a complicated game like Endless Legend makes you look for guides and Let's Plays, then maybe you'll like these couple things: a pretty hefty guide (written by someone for whom English is clearly not a first language) that gave me a big head start on understanding a lot of game concepts, and a stellar series of Let's Plays by this Polish guy PANCZASU, who was a playtester for the game starting from even before it was available on Early Access.

Both of these resources are based on alpha or beta versions of the game, so some of the very specific stuff has been rebalanced or changed since the guide was written and many of the videos recorded, but I still found the guide helpful and am enjoying the Let's Plays.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    When Newell goes boating, he calls them "Steam sails"

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Are the Rebirth trading cards the same images as the BoI cards?

I mean trading cards are really goofy, so I can understand not bothering with new art

ETA to people crying that they got trade scammed with BoI instead of Rebirth cards: -500 hours????
    Jars wrote: »
    I think it is at game creation screen in one of the custom options

Ah, gotcha. Thanks. Gonna look for that before my next game for sure.

This Broken Lords game got easy (unsurprisingly, for easy mode) in a hurry. It took several turns of back and forth warfare to get the Cultists down, then I sent out 8 settlers and took every neutral region on that side of the map, and the Necrophage decided to attack again.

Now they're dead, because their armies were still awful, and I have even more cities, all of which are so deeply unhappy that my overall Empire happiness is 5%...with 4 or 5 different Luxury good buffs active.

This seems to be of no consequence, at least on this difficulty.

So now I'm just trying to work on the main quest and building everything everywhere, because the remaining factions seem utterly disinterested in starting anything with me.

It is taking quite some time.

Fyndir on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    What is all this sale talk? The halloween sale just ended...?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It's always a Steam sale somewhere.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    The sales never end in the Gaben Empire

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    When does this start?

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

There's always a november sale

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Played a round of the new Isaac, think I am just going to go back to Rogue Legacy. All of the roguelike fun with none of the gross theme.

• Options
    el_vicio wrote: »

There's always a november sale

Madness! the christmas sale is almost in reach! Do they have no mercy?!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I wipe the necrophages out on principle. at best you will be at cold war, why bother keeping them around.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

My forum name is my steam name, so you can just give all the gifts to me if it makes it easier! :D

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Just finished watching the new Nintendo Direct. In related news: The Swapper and Gone Home are coming to Wii U and 3DS.

(If you hate yourself, check out the responses to that tweet, lol)

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I'm sure I will do fine if I don't eat for a week and just buy video games right?

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Yep, just gotta remember to drink water

• Options
    nuka wrote: »
    I'm sure I will do fine if I don't eat for a week and just buy video games right?
    Losing weight AND new video games?
    I am intrigued and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I keep mixing up The Swapper with The Fall for some reason

I still need to finish The Swapper

The Fall was a damn good game though

This discussion has been closed.