As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM Sale: CHRISTMAS SALE HAS BEGUN!

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    My list of games I want has ballooned since I now have a pc more powerful than my microwave.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    nuka wrote: »
    I'm sure I will do fine if I don't eat for a week and just buy video games right?
    Losing weight AND new video games?
    I am intrigued and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Let me tell you about this one weird trick I know. College Students hate it!

(It's ramen.)

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    What kind of self-respecting college student hates ramen??

• Options
    The one that's been eating it for 6 months straight? I guess?

It's not the best joke I've made.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Me.
    I did. (still do)

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    self-respecting college student

Doesn't exist

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    nuka wrote: »
    The one that's been eating it for 6 months straight? I guess?

It's not the best joke I've made.

Good thing this joke class is pass/fail

• Options
    "You're a disappointment Nuka. We had such high hopes for you, but I'm very sorry to say that this mark will go

on your

PERMANENT RECORD."

• Options
    Don't get so distressed, Nuka

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    no no no college students HATE nuka for revealing their secrets

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Now I just want ramen. Got two days off in a row pretty soon.

I think I see a day of Titanfall and a little tokyo ramen trip in my future.

• Options
    They do it all the time (do it all the time!)

• Options
    Hmmm maybe I should try and figure out streaming during my days off. People could watch me play Titanfall AND eat ramen... AT THE SAME TIME.

What more could someone want?

• Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    I was checking out my Humble Bundle library and found I never redeemed this key for Mirror's Edge. I already own it, so here you go.

FGK3Q-QW28G-NKEAT

Woah, first time I've tried to redeem a code somebody posted and have it work! Thanks!

We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Apparently the Cox subscription my dad chose has a download limit of 250 gigs before we get throttled.

At no point has he bothered to tell me this until now.

So when I bought FF13 on Steam and installed it (all 60 gigs of it), it got us close enough to our monthly limit that we are now being throttled. Which I could have avoided if my dad hadn't kept the thing a mystery. It's not like he's never brought our network to a screeching halt by queuing 8 Steam games...

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Apparently the Cox subscription my dad chose has a download limit of 250 gigs before we get throttled.

At no point has he bothered to tell me this until now.

So when I bought FF13 on Steam and installed it (all 60 gigs of it), it got us close enough to our monthly limit that we are now being throttled. Which I could have avoided if my dad hadn't kept the thing a mystery. It's not like he's never brought our network to a screeching halt by queuing 8 Steam games...

Woops!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    When he showed me the chart with a big ol' data spike right in the middle, I was like, "Oh, yeah, that's when I downloaded FF13. Only thing it could be."

He asked, "How much did that cost?"

"Like, $15?"

"Seriously?"

Yes, dad.

Games are fuckin' huge now.

That's why I need to know what the download limits are.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Okay I updated my Steam Profile to have my forum name. You may now commence the gifting. (But fer Gabe's sake, wait for a sale at least!)

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    There are always sales. Always.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I reject all sales but the xmas sale.

Because if I don't then I won't have any money left for the xmas sale.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Even the summer sale? It's basically the same as the Xmas sale, but at the other end of the year.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I blew all my card money on endless legend. le sigh.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    My forum name is stupid and I kind of hate it so i'll keep my Steam one different. It's always in my signature though.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Even the summer sale? It's basically the same as the Xmas sale, but at the other end of the year.

Well, for some of us it is literally the same.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I don't know what you're talking about. Only the northern hemisphere is populated. Everyone knows that.

• Options
    SMH if you believe the "southern hemisphere" is even real.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    It would be cool if ffxiii goes on sale - I bought it for PS3 but never got around to playing it

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    My forum name is stupid and I kind of hate it so i'll keep my Steam one different. It's always in my signature though.
    "Methuselah Honeysuckle" is a lot better, you're right. :D

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Man the exchange rate is really hitting my steam purchasing power

Damn you Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen!

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Aistan wrote: »
    "Methuselah Honeysuckle" is a lot better, you're right. :D

Sometimes Lavender Gooms, Detective Clementine Woolysocks, or Lemongrass Gogulope.

Aistan on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    the obscene size of modern games is why i kinda laugh at the idea of going digital only

i bought sunset overdrive digitally and in retrospect i could've gotten it way faster if i'd just gotten in my car and gone to the store and bought it

and that's "only" 20 gigs

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Cod took me for damned ever

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I've gone digital only with my PS4 so far, is working so far.

I mean storage is so cheap with 1 and 2 TB harddrives and whatnot.

• Options
    I just leave things downloading in the background or overnight, it normally works out fine.

Storage space, on the other hand, is becoming an issue. I may need to pick up another 4TB drive in the post-Christmas sales... 8->

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Going digital for a mainstream game here means pretty much writing off any other use of the internet for a day or so.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i frowned pretty hard when i downloaded titanfall and it needed to uncompress 30 gigs of audio

there is more audio in titanfall than there is game

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Yes but its okay because my robot is now british

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Boy I sure hate that CAD steam sale comic edit

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Bluedude and I are playing Titanfall.

jhamilto is my origin name if you wanna join up.

signature.png

• Options
    the obscene size of modern games is why i kinda laugh at the idea of going digital only

i bought sunset overdrive digitally and in retrospect i could've gotten it way faster if i'd just gotten in my car and gone to the store and bought it

and that's "only" 20 gigs

And as I have just demonstrated

Download limits exist

IKknkhU.gif
This discussion has been closed.