As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Android: Netrunner] Creating and Controlling since 2012

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I'm totally waiting to see someone pull off a Plan B Government Takeover.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    hmmmm seems like that card makes weyland even more susceptible to variance and they're already the corp that runs 5/3 agendas

I'm sure people will run it and it will get psycho'd out (I could see this working in a blue sun deck where you can develop your board for the early game and then suck up all that money for a midseasons/psycho) but I don't think it will be a gamechanger

I'm really wondering if there's any way at all to slow-advance it

ash and caprice, maybe?

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Dis' wrote: »
    So this is supposedly going to be a real thing, and I'm not sure how I feel about that ...
    Like, it's cool to give corp some deck space by having higher point agendas. Has a few good interactions, helps traps be more viable with slow-advance, and shifts agenda density. But it's just another way to make things extra swingy with bad R&D/HQ pulls.
    Hrmmm ...
    0ec8Hxd.png

Yikes if true. I dislike how generic the ability is for such exceptional agenda ratios.

I was wondering if they were going to go big for Weyland agendas but thought they'd be 8/5's or 7/4's and have something to do with the Beanstalk.

My dream Weyland big agenda would be something that benefits the corp in some way when stolen to offset the swingyness of early game access.
    Daedalus Interstellar Probe
    7/4
    When Interstellar Probe is stolen, remove up to 2 bad publicity
    When Interstellar Probe is scored, remove up to 4 bad publicity

that would be cool in GRNDL

runners are justifiably afraid to run early against it, so you could feasibly score that behind a caduceus and an ice wall

and if not, hey, there goes that bad pub

• EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think running a 6/9 is probably too high variance to be the core of a really strong deck... but it's still pretty cool.

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I would probably run a deck with that, just enough other agendas to hit minimum, and all the advanceable ambushes I could cram in.

Because I'm crazy.

edited November 2014
    Don't forget some SPACE CAMP! for out-of-turn advancements.

I could see maybe going for a Crisium Grid/Off the Grid combo combined with two massive data forts protecting HQ and the scoring server.

You'll need a fat stack of cash, but thankfully we're talking Weyland here. Once you've build the forts, you basically have to hold them for three full turns. If you could do something so that the runner won't have enough resources to run both in one turn, you could pull it off. Maybe after getting a tag on them and hitting them with a Closed Accounts?

And even if they do get through the HQ the first time, you can then rez Crisium at the last second and make them do it all again. If they don't somehow have enough credits to trash Crisium, that could end up being game as they try to recoup the cost of the run they just made.

Some Trick of Lights could speed up the process by moving counters off ICE that no longer need them (like the ones that reduce the cost of it by the advancement counters on it once it's actually rezzed).

Maybe some Matrix Analyzers as well.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I think Mushin no Shin along with some Junebugs might be fun to keep things interesting.

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    At the very least opens up to card slots in the deck, which makes trap assets a bit more viable since thier always competing for deck space.

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
    edited November 2014
    Oh, yeah, I forgot that Glenn Station was something coming in O&C. Score it, then safely store Takeover on it until you've got the cash & servers ready to roll.

Or score a Utopia Fragment and make the runner have to pay out the nose to steal it.

Or let them steal it first, and Punitive their face off.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • grungeboxgrungebox Registered User regular
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Any PA'ers other than @TheMadjai‌ and myself heading to Worlds? Would be good to meet up if there are. I know someone else said they were, but can't find the post.

I'm going to be there. PM me, we can try and meet up.

Quail is just hipster chicken
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »
    Today's dumb idea that I'm totally going to try anyway: Shinobi in Blue Sun. A way to turn a big credit advantage into a flatline threat that doesn't care about tags or Plascrete. Imagine getting a net damage flatline out of Weyland!

Going to be testing my Quatman deck tonight. Also, after ragging on stealth decks for being "cute", I reckon there might be something in a Replikit deck with Refractor (obviously), Lockpicks, the interfaces and Trade In to use that extra copy of Replicator you fished out as an interface tutor (which then replicates into the other copy). Could be nice for tempo, could be unworkable jank. We shall see.

I really like the Shinobi idea, let me know how it goes. May try and test myself :)

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Jeez. Lost every game tonight, and two tournaments at the weekend. My supposed warm up felt like being dickpunched repeatedly.

Still umming and ahing over what decks to play. NEH bullshit or the iffy Foundry deck I've got? Hmmm.

Cerberus wrote: »
    Today's dumb idea that I'm totally going to try anyway: Shinobi in Blue Sun. A way to turn a big credit advantage into a flatline threat that doesn't care about tags or Plascrete. Imagine getting a net damage flatline out of Weyland!

Going to be testing my Quatman deck tonight. Also, after ragging on stealth decks for being "cute", I reckon there might be something in a Replikit deck with Refractor (obviously), Lockpicks, the interfaces and Trade In to use that extra copy of Replicator you fished out as an interface tutor (which then replicates into the other copy). Could be nice for tempo, could be unworkable jank. We shall see.

I really like the Shinobi idea, let me know how it goes. May try and test myself :)

I played against the deck with it in tonight. I've just been told it was sitting unrezzed on R&D, which if I'd run it would have very easily flatlined me (playing with my Quatman deck, which was crap, fwiw).

Please do test it and report back!

FFG's "state of the LCG" presentation/event/thing is happening now

nothing revelatory on #stateofLCG yet

introducing set rotation for LCGs

all that remains going on sale tomorrow at Worlds

new draft packs for ANR

set rotation: core set, plus all deluxe boxes, plus seven pack cycles

two cycles get taken out of legal play whenver an LCG hits seven cycles

now they're talking about GoT

in case anyone cares: new edition, some mechanics adjustments, yadda yadda yadda

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    all that remains going on sale tomorrow at Worlds

new draft packs for ANR

set rotation: core set, plus all deluxe boxes, plus seven pack cycles

two cycles get taken out of legal play whenver an LCG hits seven cycles

Does this mean my plan of slowly buying the packs in release order is now actually harming my ability to play this game with other people?*

*That I still haven't actually done.

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I wouldn't think it would harm you since we're at the end of what? the third set cycle? Got a ton more sets before ANR starts dropping cycles of I'm understanding their wording.

Nealneal on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Yeah. The cycle rotation is for AGoT right now.

edit: actually, I guess since they're rebooting AGoT the cycle rotation is not for any current game. They're just future-proofing.

admanb on
    yeah dude you're fine, they won't start taking cards out of the pool until 2016, they said (I think, check #stateoflcg on twitter)

more stuff:

q: are there plans to move any LCGs into the digital medium?
    a: we're in talks, news is forthcoming.

will there be another plugged in-like event?
    Maybe. it was cool but also a huge headache.

will there be more regionals?
    We're trying.

*delays in products aren't FFGs fault and usually they don't have any idea when or why they happen

*program for training judges is forthcoming

edited November 2014
    Yeah, there won't be anything rotating out for ANR until around Spring 2017, according to their schedule.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5179

AGOT seriously needed it, though.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    After mulling it over for a few hours, I think I'm totally okay with it for a simple reason:

ANDY IS GOING TO GO AWAY.

So much worth.

persona4celestia.jpg
    So word is that the next cycle is the SanSan Cycle.

Guessing NBN focused?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    Snow-jax confirms that the two cards spoiled are real, and are coming from playtester files. Considered a bad thing, because people fear playtesters leaking may make FFG stop using external playtesters, which is bad for a lot of reasons.

Though as a Jinteki player I have perverse sexual lust for self destruct.

Or maybe get some more trustworthy playtesters who won't violate their NDA's?

persona4celestia.jpg
    Not a fan of rotation systems, but Spring 2017 is a long way off, so I'm not particularly bothered for the time being.

I'm actually pretty excited about the new AGOT edition, on a side note, since they're REALLY changing the rules up and getting rid of the cruft that's built up over 12 years. Sounds like it's going to be a lot more fun.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My gaming group tried to get into it about a year back and while the core gameplay was really solid (in particular, great multiplayer mechanics) we were definitely overwhelmed and eventually driven off by the massive card pool, vague and clunky core rules, and mechanical cruft. I'm interested in seeing what they do with the new edition.

PMAvers wrote: »
    I'm actually pretty excited about the new AGOT edition, on a side note, since they're REALLY changing the rules up and getting rid of the cruft that's built up over 12 years. Sounds like it's going to be a lot more fun.

I haven't read the GoT stuff because I don't follow the game, but do you know (roughly) what the buy-in cost for a tournament play set will be when they implement their new system?

I haven't read the GoT stuff because I don't follow the game, but do you know (roughly) what the buy-in cost for a tournament play set will be when they implement their new system?

Whatever the new core set will cost. Nothing is carrying over to the new edition. They're going full Scorched Earth due to the mechanics changes.

persona4celestia.jpg

Whatever the new core set will cost. Nothing is carrying over to the new edition. They're going full Scorched Earth due to the mechanics changes.

!

Then I too am excite.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Wait, what is this Self-Destruct card?

edited November 2014
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Wait, what is this Self-Destruct card?

kaboom

It's a new version of a old classic NR card. The old version fired when accessed, and did 1 net damage per card trashed. No trace required.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    That's actually kind of hilarious.

• evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    so I have a question.
    If my run was successful, can I decline to access any cards or do I have to?

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    evilthecat wrote: »
    so I have a question.

Accessing is required for the run to be considered successful (unless you have a card effect that replaces accessing cards, e.g. Account Siphon, Security Testing). See the structure of a run thing in the manual and the FAQ.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    so I have a question.

The timing of a run diagram on the last page of the rulebook is very useful:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/android-netrunner/support/FAQ/Android-Netrunner FAQ.pdf

As per point 4.2, your last chance to bail is after all ice and before accessing, but it wont be a 'successful run' if you do.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    yes I realise all of that but in the access phase is there a possibility to say "nope" and not access a card?

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    No, once you decide to access cards within a server you have to access all the cards you can before the run will be completed.

If you play a makers eye and access cards, you must access 3 cards from R&D, etc. Same goes for archives, where you access every card in there.