As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax Arcadia: An Alliance PVE Guild on Draenor (US)

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I am sad that my account does not appear to be eligible for the 7 free days. I've been away a long time and have been feeling the pull but I can't decide if it's a real desire to play or not =p

Weird. My account was eligible and I was a current subscriber!

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Ah well, I just broke down and got the expansion anyway =p

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Apparently it was a promotion only for people they sent emails to.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Hmm. So is the PA guild active? I think I would like to play in the next 2 months or so. But you are alliance . . .

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
  • Options
    Goddamnit, Dan.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Clawshrimp is averaging ~7 people a night at the moment, people finishing up their legendary cloaks to new people levelling and others exploring old raid content that's soloable now. Not sure what will happen when the xpac actually lands. A few who pledged to never return returned, and a few more have been asking questions, with a "NOT THAT I WANT TO PLAY AGAIN" disclaimer that doesn't sound entirely honest.

Nosf on
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    Goddamnit, Dan.

I wanted to Hail Hydra this but all I have now is some cereal

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Clawshrimp is averaging ~7 people a night at the moment, people finishing up their legendary cloaks to new people levelling and others exploring old raid content that's soloable now. Not sure what will happen when the xpac actually lands. A few who pledged to never return returned, and a few more have been asking questions, with a "NOT THAT I WANT TO PLAY AGAIN" disclaimer that doesn't sound entirely honest.

I'm pretty sure I know what's gonna happen, since I've been through 4 of these already.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Goddamnit, Dan.

You can't blame me for this.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    I gave up on my legendary cloak around the honor leg of the quest. I wouldn't have enough time before that leg was removed to finish it myself, and actually completing the cloak after that would have been pure luck.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It is hilarious that in a single page, page 38, an entire year went by.

By hilarious I mean I'm sobbing into my beer.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    I'd like to forward that page to someone at blizzard along with the clip from Big Lebowski where Walter is hitting the car with the tire iron. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS, LARRY!

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Blizzard sent another code for a free week of game time to try to snare me. If it goes the same as the last two times it will be just enough time to get sick of the grind and the healing changes all over again. So, I'll see you soon.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Blizzard sent another code for a free week of game time to try to snare me. If it goes the same as the last two times it will be just enough time to get sick of the grind and the healing changes all over again. So, I'll see you soon.

Darkmoon Faire is here.

Get your phoenix wings!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    LotharLothar Of The Hill People Hills, Hill CountryRegistered User regular
    Is Draenor a West Coast Realm? I'd be interested in bringing over some characters but my big problem is I live on a rock in the middle of the ocean (Hawaii). It's hard to find a group who is going to be active at the same time that I am (2-3 hour difference for West Coast).

Currently Playing: ARK: Survival Evolved

Feel free to add me for Smash Bros or MH4!
    FC: 3668 - 8564 - 8516
  • Options
    Lothar wrote: »
    Is Draenor a West Coast Realm? I'd be interested in bringing over some characters but my big problem is I live on a rock in the middle of the ocean (Hawaii). It's hard to find a group who is going to be active at the same time that I am (2-3 hour difference for West Coast).

Technically, yes, but most of our active players are East Coast.

• Options
    When I joined this guild I lived in Pearl City.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    antherem wrote: »

Technically, yes, but most of our active players are East Coast.

Well damn. That's a 5 hour difference right now, so I wouldn't even be home from work until 10 PM Eastern.
    When I joined this guild I lived in Pearl City.

Ha! I used to live there. Housing costs have drove me out to Waianae, though.

• Options
    Some of us play a bit late, and there's weekends. You could just make a new char and see how it is, more than happy to add you.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    I'm usually on in the dead of West Coast night. Pretty lonely over 'ere, so by all means log on whenever works.

I finally made a monk, and it's fantastic, but apparently I never got heirlooms for it. Apparently you have to do some pretty dumb jank to get them now. I do NOT want to go back to the argent tournament, but I want to do dark moon dailies even less.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I think I'll make a character tonight. All I'm doin' on my main is grinding Strat for a Baron's Mount, anyway. Monk or Warlock? Or do I go for the shortest trip from low to high level and make a DK? So many choices!

Lothar on

• Options
    Yeah, the new method of getting heirlooms blows. I'm really glad I didn't destroy any when I was done leveling dudes, just in case they ever introduce a new class again.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I've never owned an heirloom. How is it different now?

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    I think I'll make a character tonight. All I'm doin' on my main is grinding Strat for a Baron's Mount, anyway. Monk or Warlock? Or do I go for the shortest trip from low to high level and make a DK? So many choices!

Monks get an hour long +50% experience boost quest. You can complete it daily and stack it up to two hours. Useful if you're looking for a bit quicker of a leveling process.

They're also pretty neat. So are warlocks but I haven't played one.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Are there free 7 day trial codes with WoD purchases like they've done on other expansions?

I haven't played in years, and ArcheAge wasn't for me and I'm looking for a new game to play.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »

You used to just get them with justice points so you could run dungeons and get them.

Now you have to do either argent tournament which is way out in the middle of nowhere or darkmoon faire which is once a month and suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

• Options
    LeftOnRed wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »

You used to just get them with justice points so you could run dungeons and get them.

Now you have to do either argent tournament which is way out in the middle of nowhere or darkmoon faire which is once a month and suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Sweet wings, though.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Monks get an hour long +50% experience boost quest. You can complete it daily and stack it up to two hours. Useful if you're looking for a bit quicker of a leveling process.

They're also pretty neat. So are warlocks but I haven't played one.

You can stack it up to 24 hours.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Getting to the Argent Crusade isn't so bad - you can buy a tabard that ports you there and looks pretty snazzy too. Until you get that, you just port from the Panda hub to Dalaran and fly for ~30 seconds. I know you can cheese the mounted part of the dungeon instance, not sure about the daily joust quests.
    SightTDW wrote: »
    I'm usually on in the dead of West Coast night. Pretty lonely over 'ere, so by all means log on whenever works.

I finally made a monk, and it's fantastic, but apparently I never got heirlooms for it. Apparently you have to do some pretty dumb jank to get them now. I do NOT want to go back to the argent tournament, but I want to do dark moon dailies even less.

You can buy a hat, pants and cloak from the guild vendor, all three will run you about 4250g. You can mail them cross server as well, I think, so if you have a char in a guild on another server with some cash, you can just mail them since they're BOA. If I wanted to mail an heirloom from Cenarius to Draenor, I would send a mail to Faeonya-Draenor with the widget. If the target server is something like Argent Crusade, you send to Name-Argentcrusade

Nosf on
  • Options
    The issue is that the tabard requires you to spend some of the tokens that you would normally be saving for whatever it is you actually want to buy from it.

• Options
    The tabard looks great and is a solid investment towards more tokens, who wouldn't want it? Are you anti-argent crusade? You some soft on the scourge apologist?

• Options
    If you didn't already need so many damn tokens to get all the mounts to begin with, sure.

It's really not a HUGE deal since it's a relatively short flight from Dalaran which is easily accessible again (though who the hell knows in WoD).

• Options
    Yeah, curious to see how the portals change again with WoD launch. Dalaran lost most of theirs, will they do the same in the Golden Lantern?

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Yeah, curious to see how the portals change again with WoD launch. Dalaran lost most of theirs, will they do the same in the Golden Lantern?

I hope not, otherwise RIP Kalimdor again

• Options
    I remember when Ironforge was *the* place to hang out. Feels weird when I go back now and it's so quiet. Never dead on Draenor mind you, but it's pretty quiet.

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I still feel weird when Dalaran isn't full of people.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I find Dalaran to be pretty full these days, and I have only once gone there once since 6.02 and gotten out of the city before Rhonin started in on his FREE WILL! speech. I go there pretty often to run the old LK raids and 5 mans for cloth farming. Stormwind and Golden Lantern are the most packed.

Nosf on
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    <nostalgia>
    I remember back in the day when I played and Shattrath was the busy city. I gotta imagine that's dead now, eh?
    </nostalgia>

• Options
    I don't know. It's literally been years since I've been to Shattrath. I think Exodar is about the only city I go to less frequently.