As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Android: Netrunner] Creating and Controlling since 2012

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Some fast advance hate spoilers from Snow-Jax that I mentioned were coming in the first pack:
    Traffic Jam
    Neutral - 0 inf
    Event - Current - 2 Cost
    The advancement requirement of all agendas is increased by the amount of agendas in the Corp's scoring area that has the same name.
    These are both in the first pack.

:biggrin: called it!
    I'd like a current that increases the advancement cost of each agenda by 1 for each copy of that agenda scored or stolen; hit fast advance and fast track decks (or at the very least makes them dilute their deck with currents) without impacting corp decks that have agenda diversity. Call it 'Negative Feedback' ;).

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I like the idea of further encouraging Agenda diversity in decks. It's a neat idea.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    That new Jinteki ID is pretty baller; I'm extremely (pleasantly) surprised with the number of ways they've been expanding Jinteki's damage game without making old cards useless or the new cards too weak.

The Brewery means that, no matter what, the Runner cannot end their turn with less than two cards in their hands. If you put an agenda behind a Komainu, they have to run that server on the first click or die the next turn. The Tank allows you shuffle Snare!, Hokusai Grid, Junebug, Mushin No Shin, Caprice, Data Mine, Kitsune, and whatever else back into your deck, which can potentially outpace Deus X recursion. The Greenhouse serves as your win condition, economy, and can be a really good way to set up Junebugs and GRNDLs. Interestingly enough, it also works on Ice Wall and Woodcutter.

An Offer You Can't Refuse is also rather nifty. Drop a Komainu on Archives when the runner doesn't have a sentry breaker out, follow up with Neural EMP. Better yet, drop Kitsune with a Snare! in hand, then drop the Scorched Earth before the runner can drop the tag.

I'm really excited over the new Genetics cards. I'd love for a Splicer based runner, loading up on back market drugs and half-tested genemods.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Just got back from Quins' Netrunner tournament. Finished eleventh or twelfth out of forty or so.

Foundry and Kate did pretty well for me. Got to surprise someone with a Punitive flatline, and regularly got a stealth rig of twelve to fifteen cards out and spinning. Five wins four losses and one tie (that I would have definitely won if the other guy hadn't been so slow pondering the maths on my Next Ice glaciers) for the day.

• Options
    I've actually started carrying some little dice around with me specifically for use with NEXT Ice. Just put a die on each one and set it to the current variable value. Helps speed things up a lot.

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Day 1 of Worlds Update

237 people, 7 rounds, cut to top 16. (yes, crazy low cut)

Finished 10-4, finishing in exactly 16th place

So I'm playing in the double eliminations tomorrow.

Super happy!

• Options
    More important than any of that though, I have to give a shout out to @TheMadjai‌ who has been showing me and my wife around, giving us lifts and generally introducing us to his group of friends (who are amazing, lovely people).

I know I'm likely making people sick, but you need to know welcoming and awesome this guy is.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I drafted Netrunner for the first time today

it did not go well

I was still in the constructed mindset of central pressure being super important and neglected to draft a proper fracter (just Breach)

accordingly, I lost every game as runner :|

corpside my deck wasn't a whole lot better, I yanked all the hostile infrastructures I saw but didn't grab enough asset economy, wound up with just a mediocre deck (though it did have four NEXT bronze which was fun)

I wound up getting a win and a timed win for 9th place (out of 10)

good enough to get me a playset of the new plascrete promos, though

Shorty on
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Seems like the decklist numbers for Worlds are out in the wild now. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B19zUzbIIAAbniC.jpg:large

NEH is out of control, but it's nice to see that Blue Sun is making waves. I'll be really interested to see what the top 16 looks like.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Well, I guess if you're gonna go to worlds you might as well try and do your best to win.

Which is, of course, to go NEH/Andy.

Or you can be cool and not do that, of course.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Well, I guess if you're gonna go to worlds you might as well try and do your best to win.

To be fair at least, 62 Andy isn't THAT crazy compared with 45 Noise and 42 Kate.

The 91 NEH with the second most being 32 Blue Sun on the other hand... yeah, that paints a pretty bad picture for deck variety.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Kinda surprised at the lack of anarchs in top 16 considering that Noise saw plenty of play and handles NEH about as well as any runner can.
    Inquisitor wrote: »

To be fair at least, 62 Andy isn't THAT crazy compared with 45 Noise and 42 Kate.

The 91 NEH with the second most being 32 Blue Sun on the other hand... yeah, that paints a pretty bad picture for deck variety.

Hell, NEH saw more play than all the HB and Weyland decks combined.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    grungeboxgrungebox Registered User regular
    Awesome job by Cerberus! I went 9-5, finished 39th.

Quail is just hipster chicken
  • Options
    grungebox wrote: »
    Awesome job by Cerberus! I went 9-5, finished 39th.

Penny Arcade represent well! :)

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

Cool kids play Nasir at GenCon with a deck you assembled the night before with no playtesting.

/smug

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options

but don't worry--deck diversity is fine!

• Options
    edited November 2014
    full spoilers for The Source!

http://imgur.com/a/scoeY

that Jinteki ID is rad as hell, I'm gonna use that immediately

I'm also going to make a dinosaurus Sage deck and call it Herpetology

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Second Netrunner tournament of the weekend today. Boo hiss, finished fifth out of thirteen, just missing out on a deck box prize. Alt art Plascrete is nice, though.

Punitive out of Foundry never stops being funny, and Kate using stealth beat one NEH and went 7-6 to another, so I was pretty pleased overall to go 4-3 and one game go to a timed win for me.

Bogart on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    full spoilers for The Source!

http://imgur.com/a/scoeY

that Jinteki ID is rad as hell, I'm gonna use that immediately

I'm also going to make a dinosaurus Sage deck and called it Herpetology

...wow, Shoot the Moon. Anything that ignores additional costs is always sweet.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Quick question: Does the Supplier make Angel Arena cost X-2?

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    That is a pretty clear It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia reference on Troll there.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Wow that pack has a lot of fun cards in it!

• Options
  • Options
    My Kate stealth deck, in case anyone was interested.
    Kate Shush

Kate "Mac" McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (8)
    2x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ····
    3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
    3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Hardware (17)
    3x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set)
    3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
    3x Lockpick (Opening Moves)
    3x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
    3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
    2x Silencer (Double Time) ····· ·

Resource (10)
    3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
    3x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
    1x Hades Shard (First Contact) ·
    3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (4)
    1x Corroder (Core Set) ··
    1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
    1x Refractor (First Contact)
    1x Switchblade (Up and Over) ··

Program (6)
    3x Cloak (Creation and Control)
    3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

Cards in deck: 45 (min 45)
    15/15 influence used
    Cards up to Up and Over

Deck built with Net Deck.

The HB Foundry deck.
    HB Room Service

The Foundry: Refining the Process (The Spaces Between)

Agenda (8)
    2x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
    1x Eden Fragment (The Spaces Between)
    2x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)
    3x Project Wotan (Creation and Control)

Asset (6)
    3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ···
    3x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)

Operation (17)
    3x Archived Memories (Core Set)
    3x Biotic Labor (Core Set)
    3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
    3x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors) ····· ·
    3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
    2x Successful Demonstration (Creation and Control)

Barrier (8)
    3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
    2x Heimdall 1.0 (Core Set)
    3x NEXT Silver (Upstalk)

Code Gate (6)
    3x NEXT Bronze (Opening Moves)
    3x Tollbooth (Core Set) ····· ·

Mythic (1)
    1x Mother Goddess (Upstalk)

Sentry (3)
    3x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)

Cards in deck: 49 (min 45)
    15/15 influence used
    Agenda Points: 20
    Cards up to The Spaces Between

Deck built with Net Deck.

• Options
    Just got knocked out of Worlds in the top 8!

Top freaking 8 in the World!

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Three players left at worlds, no NEH.

Andy/PE, Gabe/Blue Sun and Andy/RP I think.

• Options
    no NEH in top 3 is surprising

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

I guess everyone built their decks against the expected flood of NEH? Also, might have been a bunch of matches where the NEH players had to use their runner deck instead.

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    I'm rooting for Gabe/Blue Sun!

• Options
    Endaro wrote: »
    I'm rooting for Gabe/Blue Sun!
    Eliminated, unfortunately. Managed to take third though and the match he got knocked out in was crazy close.

• Options
    jakobagger wrote: »

I guess everyone built their decks against the expected flood of NEH? Also, might have been a bunch of matches where the NEH players had to use their runner deck instead.

yeah, that's probably part of it

• Options
    @Cerberus did you meet Joe Held?

he's from around here and he's good people

• Options
    SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    Ahaha! The genetic resources have an art style that seems deliberately reminiscent of Bioshock's plasmids/tonics.

• Options
    @Cerberus did you meet Joe Held?

he's from around here and he's good people

I did meet Joe I believe, he made top 16 right?
    Absolutely great guy. It was me who eliminated him...

• Options
    yeah he was one of the first people to win a major with whitetree last summer

really strong player, one of the best in the PNW

it's a shame Andrew Veen pretty much quit netrunner

• Options
    yeah he was one of the first people to win a major with whitetree last summer

really strong player, one of the best in the PNW

it's a shame Andrew Veen pretty much quit netrunner

He was a really friendly guy, and was really fun to play. Our game was super short due to an early flatline, but he didn't make a misplay at all. Glad I had the chance to play him.

• Options
    There would've been a Jesse fellow over there in the top 16 too, he's from Melbourne and I've met him a couple of times. Nice chap.

• Options
    I tried watching some of Worlds today but any match where the over-the-shoulder camera was showing a player that did the constant card shuffle just grated on me too much. I dunno why, since I do the card shuffle a bit myself (but only every now and then, I never do it constantly!), but the constant repetitive motion just stuck in the corner of my eye too much and it was pretty irritating to focus on the rest of the game with it there.

• Options
    I wonder if dropping the Punitives, the Tollbooths, the Heimdalls and the Mother Goddess for the full grail ice suite could work in my Foundry deck. That would leave me without any big barriers and it's a shame to drop the tollbooths, but hmmmm. Also I'd be running a lot more ice, 21 to 18 previously. I'd also have three influence to play around with, though I'd have to drop some more cards to use it. Probably the Archived Memories, as although it's still a good card it's less vital if I'm not running the Punitives. I might get shot of some of the three point agendas as well, as if I can't Punitive someone off the back of stealing one of them they're less attractive.

So let's say I dump two Wotans to grab the other 2/3 agendas and maybe an NAPD or an Efficiency Research, swap the remaining Wotan out for a Utopia Fragment, that would leave me with two cards to include and three influence to spend, or if I dump all the three pointers and include 6 2 pointers I get one card and three influence. Any ideas?