As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

AC Secret Santas 2014! [24/24 POSTED]

Secret SantaSecret Santa Registered User regular
edited January 2015 in Artist's Corner
If the submission includes a larger version, just click the image to download it!

@Arden Canelo
ardencanelo.jpg

@bombardier‌
bombardier.png

@ChicoBlue‌
chicoblue.jpg

@CyberMonkeytron3000‌
cybermonkeytron3000.png

@Esiotrot‌
esiotrot_sm.jpg

@Flay‌
flay.png

@Fugitive‌
fugitive.jpg

@Grifter‌
grifter.jpg

@Iruka‌
iruka_sm.jpg

@lyrium‌
lyrium.png

@m3nace‌
m3nace_sm.jpg

@melting_doll‌
melting_doll_sm.jpg

@mully‌
mully.jpg

@NakedZergling‌
nakedzergling.png

@NibCrom‌
nibcrom.jpg

@no_toast‌
no_toast.jpg

@Prospicience‌
prospicience_sm.png

@SeveredHead‌
severedhead.jpg

@Sublimus‌
sublimus_sm.jpg

@Tam‌
tam.jpg

@tapeslinger‌
tapeslinger_sm.jpg

@the_monarch23‌
the_monarch23_sm.jpg

@The_Rat‌
the_rat.png

@tynic‌
tynic.jpg

Yes, it is that time of year again. This is the 12th annual AC Secret Santa exchange! Lurkers, old-timers, newbies, EVERYBODY: sign the fuck up! Draw some cool shit for someone else, and get something awesome in return! Nobody cares if you suck at drawing, but everybody cares if they get stiffed, so don't be a holiday jerk!

What is it?
Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant and will be tasked with making a piece of gift/fan art for that person! It can be related to their interests, forum persona/avatar, or just whatever you like. The art will be sent digitally, unless you really would like to send an original drawing, but that is entirely up to you and is not required.

How do I sign up?
Just send an email to [ acsecretsanta@gmail.com ] with your forum username in the subject line and "Artist's Corner Secret Santa 2014" in the body of the message.

The deadline for signing up will be November 15th. You will be sent a private message shortly after with the username of whom you will be drawing a gift for.

Who can sign up?
Anybody! If you're a forumer, and you can draw, then you should be signing up for this! Lurkers are encouraged to participate as well, as long as you have some kind of tangible post history that extends more than a few months. Previous deadbeats are banned from participating.

Submitting Complete Work and Submission Deadline
All drawings must be emailed to [ acsecretsanta@gmail.com ] by December 23rd. Failure to submit your drawing after agreeing to sign up (shame on you, you awful human being) will result in FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES. Anything I can threaten you with is bullshit and if you suck then you won't finish regardless, so don't sign up if you suck and know you won't finish, that's all.

Is that all?
This is simply all the information you should need. This is not something to sign up for to get free art, it is about making something for another member. Remember that it could be you getting stiffed out of a drawing so do not sign up unless you are committed to finishing your end of the deal. I'm not sure if DMAC will personally end anyone who does not comply, as previous year's posts have stipulated, but I do guarantee he can furrow a mean brow.

Please don't sign up if you know you won't be able to deliver a finished product. Getting a really half assed gift sucks when you spent hours on getting yours in on time.

Feel free to use this thread to discuss and ask questions or post some of your interests to help out your Santa. If you say 'in' or 'I'm so doing this' in here and don't send me a proper email, do not expect to be participating.

Here's a handy template for giving a bit of information about yourself which will help your Santa with some ideas! Thanks to Iruka for the template :^:

||Favorites||
Color or Color scheme:
Character(s):
Movies/TV:
Games:
Animals:
Painting, Artist, or Art genre:

||Other||
General interests:
Link Photograph/self portraits:
Link Avatar/persona character:
Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of):

2013's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/184392/ac-secret-santa-2013-submissions-posted-100/p1
2012's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/169178/ac-secret-santa-2012-revealed-26-29-submitted-deadline-extended-3-days/p1
2011's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/151957/ac-secret-santa-discussion-2011-posted-22-24/p1
2010's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/133584/ac-secret-santa-2010-reveal-3434/p1
2009's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=108361
2008's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=78214
2007's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=44966
2006's thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=10065
2004: http://iseenothing.com/artchive/secret%20santas%202004/
2003: http://iseenothing.com/artchive/secret%20santas%202003/

If anybody has an archive of 2005's submissions somewhere for some reason, it would be greatly appreciated to have it re-uploaded.

And for posterity:
dmac_revenge.jpg

Participants [24]:
@bombardier
@mully
@NakedZergling‌
@Fugitive‌
@tapeslinger‌
@m3nace‌
@Grifter‌
@Esiotrot‌
@The_Rat‌
@Iruka‌
@Prospicience‌
@ChicoBlue‌
@tynic‌
@melting_doll‌
@Arden Canelo
@lyrium‌
@Flay‌
@Tam
@CyberMonkeytron3000‌
@no_toast‌
@the_monarch23‌
@Sublimus‌
@NibCrom‌
@SeveredHead‌

Secret Santa on

• NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    COLOR or Color scheme: cool colors, purple, blue, black grey
    Character(s): Killer pink fluffies, zombies, Chew, wolverine, hulk, invincible, omniman

Games:
    Animals: tiger, tazmanian devil, ferret, tiger bears
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: joe ledbetter, mucha, humberto ramos, joe mad, low brow art, street art,

Link Avatar/persona character: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/rabidwombat/KPFfinalLOGO_zps7adb5251.jpg

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Yo! This guy!

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Oranges and blacks/purples and greens (Halloween/EVA Unit 01 colors, basically)
    Character(s): Samus
    Movies/TV: Pacific Rim, Over the Garden Wall, Archer, Star Wars
    Games: Half-Life, Portal, XCOM, Mass Effect, TF2
    Animals: Mantises, snakes, squids, lizards
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: J.C. Leyendecker, Yoh Yoshinari, Zdzisław Beksiński

||Other||
    General interests: Indoor climbing, sci-fi and science in general, spookyshit like SCP, spookyshit in general, I just really like Halloween
    Link Avatar/persona character: I'm pretty much just a dude. Here are some pictures from the past few years to get a general idea of my pale nasty face [1][2][3]
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): I've been doodling around with this guy for a bit [1][2][3]

Fugitive on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I'm in! Email up soon.

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: I like green quite a bit
    Character(s):Green Lantern, Grifter, Felix the Cat, Rocket Raccoon
    Movies/TV: Farscape, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Battlestar Galactica, Adventure Time, Horns, What If, Guardians of the Universe
    Games: Bioshock Infinite, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty
    Animals: Dogs (I own a brown Labrador Retriever), unicorns, red pandas, praying mantis
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Neal Adams, Michael Turner, Jim Lee, Vincent Van Gogh, Lora Zombie, Bruce Stuart, Jonah Jones, Adam Hughes,Geof Darrow

||Other||
    General interests: bicycles, comic books, board games, computers
    Link Photograph/self portraits: http://www.nonsuchhost.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Grif_Photo.jpg
    Link Avatar/persona character: http://www.nonsuchhost.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Grif_S_O.jpg

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Totes in again!
    ||Favorites||
    Movies/TV: The 400 Blows (and French New Wave cinema in general), bad 80s sci fi (Life Force, Black Hole, David Lynch's Dune)
    Art genre: painted comics, grand paintings of kings and emperors
    Artists: Syd Mead, Kilian Eng

||Other||
    General interests: sci fi, cinema, comics
    Link Photograph/self portraits:
    b72bu9l9i7j4.png

Link Avatar/persona character: the pilot frog in my AV

m3nace on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2014
    You like David Lynch's Dune? Were you dropped on your head as an infant?

Grifter on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Ugh this list feels stupidly long, sorry

||Favorites||
    Character(s): (in parentheses )
    Movies/TV: Venture Brothers (the Monarch & Dr Mrs), Battlestar Galactica (Starbuck!), Firefly, pretty much everything Marvel, and recently fell back in love with the original trilogy Star Wars movies, it's p ridic. (Han & Leia)
    Games: Don't Starve (Wilson) Sword & #Sworcery; TF2 (pyro)
    Books/comics: SAGA!! Sandman! Transmetropolitan, Hellboy, and, uh, Elfquest.
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: I am really into pretty much any form of comics, and I generally like most vintage/retro art-isms of the 20th century from Art Nouveau forward.

||Other||
    Link Photograph/self portraits/Avatar/persona character: right now my avatar is me dressed up as Death from Sandman. I use this image on most of my "public" accounts so that they're uniform and "linked"! if you do anything with that your artwork might be my twitter/fb/etc avatar for a while.
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): if you read any of my writing over in the Writer's Block and one of my characters inspires you to draw, go nuts!

tapeslinger on
  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Grifter wrote: »
    You like David Lynch's Dune? Were you dropped on your head as an infant?
    It's probably one of the worst films of all time ("the spice" -voiceover) but it has wonderful art direction. Plus you cannot deny the hilarious awesomeness of a metal guitar playing as muad'dib rides a sandworm for the first time. Same goes for all the terrible 80s sci fi's I mentioned, interesting art direction but ultimately shit movies. The reason I mentioned these instead of the good 80s sci fi's is that I like the art direction of these types of movies more than I like the characters themselves. If I'd written Alien or Akira there's a chance I might just get the characters instead of the aesthetics.

m3nace on
  • EsiotrotEsiotrot Registered User regular
    I'm in, I'll put up my likes and whatnot later

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Yup, in again. Same on details... probably same as last year honestly.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ja ok I be in this year

will post later with stuff and nonsense

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I haven't done this before. I am very excited.

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: I love every colour. From ultramarine to cerulean to cyan and everything in between.
    Character(s): Arya Stark, Launcelot Gobbo, Tynic, Discworld Death, Martin Silenus
    Games: Planescape Torment, Tetris, Harvest Moon
    Animals: Fennec Foxes, Red Foxes, Arctic Foxes, and Kochikens.
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Dave McKean, Mike Mignola, Brittney Lee, Leyendecker, Sergey Kolesov

||Other||
    General interests: Cyberpunk, Asimov, cheesecake, Neil Gaiman, long walks, Pringles
    Link Photograph/self portraits: There are a handful of little pictures of me by me and on my tumblr that is NSFW http://blueberrytouches.tumblr.com/page/5

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS, I AM IN

• EsiotrotEsiotrot Registered User regular
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Black, dark gothy misery.
    Movies/TV: Nightmare Castle - I enjoy the aesthetics of this film
    Games: I just play MMOs like a big stupid nerd these days, but I love Planescape, Ico, Koudelka, Silent Hill (1+2), Amnesia, Baldur's gate,
    Animals: Crows, mother fucking crows, of all kinds, Rooks, Jackdaws, whatever, bloody loves em, oh and snakes too, I do enjoy a good snake, I also really love Panthers/Black Jaguars
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Phil Hale, James Jean, J.W Waterhouse, João Ruas, Brom, Palencar, Norman Rockwell, Bosch, Millais (the whole of the PRB really)

||Other||
    General interests: Sludge Metal, Trad Goth, Crows, Pagan Ritualism, Symbolism, Strange Traditions, Exploring Crypts, Taxidermy, Crows, Witchcraft, forgotten religions, anything arcane, and oh yeah, Crows.
    Link Photograph/self portraits: no-one wants to see that

• Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Doin' this cuz you guys are de bess. And I've never done it, so here we go.
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Blue and Red and Black and Grey
    Character(s): Smash Brothers, Blues Brothers (there is only one movie),
    Movies/TV: Blues Brothers (again) JB KG
    Games: Cave Story, Spelunky, Dungeons of Dredmor, Animal Crossing
    Animals: Generally cute, I ain't picky.
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Mucha. Mignola. I'll have you know I failed art history, twice.

||Other||
    General interests: Video Games, Dragons, Hellboy, the occult
    Link Photograph/self portraits: Nope.
    Link Avatar/persona character: It is cat face. It is always cat face.
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): Maybe that dragon arm girl I've drawn sometimes? Just an attractive woman with a dragon's neck and head for one of her arms would be cool to see done by someone else.

Arden Canelo on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I missed last year but I'm back again!

||Favorites||
    Books and Comics: Neuromancer, House of Leaves, Catch 22, The Lies of Locke Lamora, Saga
    Movies/TV: Adventure Time, Black Mirror, Pan's Labyrinth
    Games: Journey, Dark Souls, Beyond Good and Evil
    Animals: Chameleon, Whale, Elephant, Octopus, Racoons
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Leyendecker, Shaun Tan, James Gurney, Olly Moss

||Other||
    General Interests: Cyberpunk and the future, animation, graphic design, science, history
    Original Characters: The half-ghost raccoon detective in my avatar. Here are some old images.

Flay on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Bam Dog

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Any? All? I trust ya. I do tend to lean towards muted colors, but I'm good with whatevs.

Character(s): The Raven King
    Movies/TV: Adventure time, Always Sunny, Walking Dead,
    Games: transistor, Wolf Among Us, DOTA,
    Animals: Ravens and Bats, but all animals are cool man.
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Jeremy Fish, Oliver Jeffers, Kate Baylay, Enki Bilal

||Other||
    General interests: Photography, typography, hiking, sculpting, hip hop
    Link Photograph/self portraits: Not me but here's my flickr, there's some photos of me somewhere in there. Might also show the kinda stuff I like.
    Link Avatar/persona character: See avatar - raven
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): …see above ravens.

Prospicience on
  • KallistiKallisti Registered User regular
    Ahhh I want to do this but I'm such a chump, I feel like I'd end up forgetting or something terrible would happen.

• TamTam Registered User regular
    Someone's gotta class up this operation
    where's CMT3K?

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Kallisti wrote: »
    Ahhh I want to do this but I'm such a chump, I feel like I'd end up forgetting or something terrible would happen.

That's chump talk.

• CyberMonkeytron3000CyberMonkeytron3000 Registered User regular
    ffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

It doesn't feel like Xmas without doing this!

||Favorites||
    Character(s): Wolverine, Judge Dredd, anything drawn by Joe Mad
    Movies/TV: Starship Troopers, Robocop, WWE(F), any animation from the 80's, MST3000

Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): I am a Cybernetic Monkey- do with it as you wish

• no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    Ok. After last year's mistake of non-participation I'm ready to be Santa again!

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Orange, Teal, Pastel
    Character(s): Iron man, X-men, Tuukka-nalle
    Movies/TV: Arrow, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, stupid food shows, too much youtube
    Animals: Ducks, Squirrels, Foxes

||Other||
    General interests: eating and drinking delicious things, gymming those delicious things and art stuff too (Link!)
    Link Avatar/persona character: see avatar

• SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    In! I'll fill this out later I guess.

Alright, here we go.

Don't draw something overly holiday themed. Draw something original (not a big fan of fanart). I'm into skulls and demons and stuff. Think Dungeons and Dragons, or Magic. Robutts are cool too. I don't really have a character, but Fug and Iruka drew a version of me which I think is pretty good. Here and Here.

Don't stress. Have fun!

Sublimus on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Blue
    Character(s): Paranatural: Max, Boss Leader, Ed, Isabel, Johnny
    Movies/TV: Archer, Bob's Burgers
    Games: pff dorknerds (Skyrim)
    Animals: Pangolin, Fossa

||Other||
    Listen motherfucker, just like, do a thing
    make a thing that makes you happy to make it
    then give me it
    give me your happiness

Tam on
  • the_monarch23the_monarch23 Registered User regular
    In as always. This is one of the best parts of the Holidays for me. I'll work on my favorites, etc. later.

"Gott in himmel! Fritz, vee haff named our car after ein lady-garten."
    ~Jeremy Clarkson
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Ah, shoot. I missed it.

Not too late! Names going out tonight, so last chance if you're on the fence!

bombardier wrote: »
    Not too late! Names going out tonight, so last chance if you're on the fence!
    Ripley: Just tell me one thing, Burke. You're going out there to destroy them, right? Not to study. Not to bring back. But to wipe them out.

Burke: That's the plan. You have my word on it.

Ripley: All right, I'm in.

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Purple, blue, green
    Character(s): Toon Link, Scout (TF2), Mabel Pines, Thor
    Games: Legend of Zelda, Team Fortress 2
    Animals: DOGS (particularly shepherds/border collies), bears
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: I really love bold line work. Jen Wang, Coleman Engle, Bryan Lee O'Malley, Maris Wicks, Cliff Chiang, and Brianne Drouhard are some of my favorite artists.

||Other||
    General interests: Vikings, roller derby, comics

I'm lazy and just filled out the stuff I wanted to fill out. DEALWITHIT

• the_monarch23the_monarch23 Registered User regular
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: I'm Blue, Daba-Dee Daba-Die
    Character(s): Sherlock (Cumberbatch), The Monarch, Dr. Mrs. The Monarch, Anyone from Adventure Time
    Movies/TV: Interstellar, Venture Bros., Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor, Iron Man, yada-yada.
    Games: GTAV, Minecraft, Borderlands, Forza (all of them)
    Animals: Dogs
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: J.C. Leyendecker, Mike Krahulik... there are too many more to list.

||Other||
    General interests: Classic Cars (Mine), Vidya Games and Fine/Graphic/Comic/Concept Art
    Link Photograph/self portraits: No one wants to see that.
    Link Avatar/persona character: Surprise me.
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): none currently

"Gott in himmel! Fritz, vee haff named our car after ein lady-garten."
    ~Jeremy Clarkson
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: The red, white, and blue of the Norwegian flag
    Character(s): Optimus Prime, Hot Rod, Luke Skywalker, Alex Murphy
    Movies/TV: Star Wars, Blade Runner, GI Joe, TMNT, Buckaroo Banzai
    Games: Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Bros, Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 2
    Animals: Grossly overweight cats, raccoons
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Katsuhiro Otomo, Killian Plinkett, Geoff Darrow

||Other||
    General interests: Cars
    Link Photograph/self portraits: I kinda look like Tom Green except I'm bald
    Link Avatar/persona character: Nibcrom
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): Nibcrom

• Secret SantaSecret Santa Registered User regular
    Names have finally been sent so check your PM box!

Also, if you haven't filled in interests or background info then please take a minute to do so to help out your secret santa!

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Iruka wrote: »
    I'm in, of course. I like drawings of my avatar, if you happen to get me.

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Warm Colors
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Lautrec, Egon Schiele. Into lots of webcomics lately, Ant comic and Vattu especially.

||Other||
    Link Photograph/self portraits: I guess here's my face.
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): DRAWINGS OF ME Anything on my tumblr or website are perfectly up for grabs or reinterpreting.

And more links to my avatar face:

• SeveredHeadSeveredHead Registered User regular
    hmm i notice there is 23 participants so can i still get in?

All the assignments went through last night - - they're not matching pairs so it doesn't matter if it's an odd number.

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    A reminder to
    @bombardier
    @mully
    @NakedZergling‌
    @Fugitive‌
    @The_Rat‌
    @tynic‌
    @lyrium‌

To fill out your interests if you you'd like to give your santa some help.

• Secret SantaSecret Santa Registered User regular
    hmm i notice there is 23 participants so can i still get in?

I can squeeze you in. I gave somebody the same person as last year so I can slide you in between them and everything will work out!

edited November 2014
    ||Favorites||
    Character(s): Ocelot, Gruncle (Stan) Pines, Rigby, Lumpy Space Princess, Amethyst
    Movies/TV: Pixar, HTTYD, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Parks and Recreation, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, The Walking Dead, Arrested Development, Cosmos, Interstellar
    Games: Battlefield, TF2, Dark Souls, Natural Selection, Metal Gear, Super Smash Bros
    Animals: Green cheeked yellow sided conure

||Other||
    General interests: Computers, outdoors, aviation, science, nerd stuff, drumming, @mully

bombardier on
  • SeveredHeadSeveredHead Registered User regular
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: subdued colors, i like when colors are used minimally
    Character(s): Rorschach, gandalf, dwight schrute
    Movies/TV: samurai champloo, rome(hbo series), ww2 stuff, documentaries about guns and combat,
    Games: morrowind, metal gear solid, starcraft, mobas
    Animals: big cats are fascinating
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Keith Parkinson, Brom, blizzard stuff

||Other||
    General interests: i like the whole e-sports thing quite a lot.

• ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Hi there, i got all tied up in real life stuff and forgot about the Secret Santa thing this year. Is it possible to get in or am i straight boned?

I was in the army last year and couldn't take part and this year my brain just stalled

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg