As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Android: Netrunner] Creating and Controlling since 2012

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Oh my god is that an Always Sunny reference on Troll?

I love this game. <3

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    There would've been a Jesse fellow over there in the top 16 too, he's from Melbourne and I've met him a couple of times. Nice chap.

@Anzekay‌ Jesse and I have been hanging out all weekend. I'm chatting to him about snow at the moment :)

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Just another "Congrats", @Cerberus. I would have loved to watch some of your games, just because bro-support and whatnot. More than anything I hope you enjoyed yourself and your time abroad, even if it wasn't to my own wonderful nation. ;D

Otherwise, I've basically decided to avoid all spoilers that aren't one of FFG's own posts. Even those are usually looking further ahead than I care about, but at least the information is both reliable and restrained. It's actively killing my interest in the game seeing so much information leak.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Yeah I sort of wish FFG would find some more tight-lipped play testers and generally practice a bit tighter information control.

Information might want to be free but I would like it to maybe wait a bit.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    @Cerebus haha well that's an amusing coincidence. What was he playing at Worlds?

Just another "Congrats", @Cerberus. I would have loved to watch some of your games, just because bro-support and whatnot. More than anything I hope you enjoyed yourself and your time abroad, even if it wasn't to my own wonderful nation. ;D

Thanks bro, really appreciated. I've had an amazing experience at Worlds and have continued to be amazed at how nice the Netrunner community is. Its one of the key things that makes the game for me.
    @Cerebus haha well that's an amusing coincidence. What was he playing at Worlds?

HBFA and Kate multi access. He runs a podcast called The Winning Agenda that's worth checking out I hear.

Cerberus wrote: »

Thanks bro, really appreciated. I've had an amazing experience at Worlds and have continued to be amazed at how nice the Netrunner community is. Its one of the key things that makes the game for me.

HBFA and Kate multi access. He runs a podcast called The Winning Agenda that's worth checking out I hear.

Yeah I've listened to an episode or two before. It's good fun, though the sound quality was a bit off the last time I listened in. I have such a big list of podcasts these days, though, that I don't really find the time for it. T7 is still my main ANR podcast.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    @Cerberus‌ any chance of you sharing your deck lists? I am curious to know what you played!

I'm travelling back home currently (its a long journey) but will do when I get back.
    I was running an Andy deck geared to dealing with NEH, and an NEH flatline deck.
    In the Friday side tournament I ran my HB Punitive deck (+Andy) and went undefeated.

Aw man, I thought you'd run the HB deck in Worlds too anyway!

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    The leaks are what sucked me back in after falling out of the loop due to work. Can't wait to play again this Wednesday now, just so many awesome cards that I don't want to miss. Also that cards will someday cycle out put a flame under my butt.

But I also get wanting to be surprised by stuff.

Inquisitor on
    Bogart wrote: »
    I wonder if dropping the Punitives, the Tollbooths, the Heimdalls and the Mother Goddess for the full grail ice suite could work in my Foundry deck. That would leave me without any big barriers and it's a shame to drop the tollbooths, but hmmmm. Also I'd be running a lot more ice, 21 to 18 previously. I'd also have three influence to play around with, though I'd have to drop some more cards to use it. Probably the Archived Memories, as although it's still a good card it's less vital if I'm not running the Punitives. I might get shot of some of the three point agendas as well, as if I can't Punitive someone off the back of stealing one of them they're less attractive.

So let's say I dump two Wotans to grab the other 2/3 agendas and maybe an NAPD or an Efficiency Research, swap the remaining Wotan out for a Utopia Fragment, that would leave me with two cards to include and three influence to spend, or if I dump all the three pointers and include 6 2 pointers I get one card and three influence. Any ideas?
    I've been wondering about this. I'm playing Foundry with Grail and NEXT ice, and thinking that the Barriers are basically too much the same. Both S1, both gaining subroutines. Seems very weak to Parasites and such, and relatively easy to break if eventually taxing. A different cheap barrier might be better, and involve less influence.

I was really tempted, especially after how well it did in the 84 player tournament on Friday.
    I believe it is definitely a viable deck archetype.

Bogart wrote: »
    I wonder if dropping the Punitives, the Tollbooths, the Heimdalls and the Mother Goddess for the full grail ice suite could work in my Foundry deck. That would leave me without any big barriers and it's a shame to drop the tollbooths, but hmmmm. Also I'd be running a lot more ice, 21 to 18 previously. I'd also have three influence to play around with, though I'd have to drop some more cards to use it. Probably the Archived Memories, as although it's still a good card it's less vital if I'm not running the Punitives. I might get shot of some of the three point agendas as well, as if I can't Punitive someone off the back of stealing one of them they're less attractive.

So let's say I dump two Wotans to grab the other 2/3 agendas and maybe an NAPD or an Efficiency Research, swap the remaining Wotan out for a Utopia Fragment, that would leave me with two cards to include and three influence to spend, or if I dump all the three pointers and include 6 2 pointers I get one card and three influence. Any ideas?
    I've been wondering about this. I'm playing Foundry with Grail and NEXT ice, and thinking that the Barriers are basically too much the same. Both S1, both gaining subroutines. Seems very weak to Parasites and such, and relatively easy to break if eventually taxing. A different cheap barrier might be better, and involve less influence.

That's what the Eli 1.0s are for!

• TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'm travelling back home currently (its a long journey) but will do when I get back.
    I was running an Andy deck geared to dealing with NEH, and an NEH flatline deck.
    In the Friday side tournament I ran my HB Punitive deck (+Andy) and went undefeated.

That NEH deck was a thing to see in practice. If you missed the completely balls-out play in Cerb's Top 12 round, you missed a thing of beauty. A first-turn naked install of NAPD, which was never ran and sat there, LITERALLY the entire game until the very end when Cerb had the choice: Triple-advance and Astro token it for the win, or Triple-scorch out of hand. He wisely chose both. It was the second time I personally saw him Triple-scorch, and likely not the only two he had the chance to fire.

Seeing Cerb play in person was a thing of beauty, and I'm sorry more people couldn't see it. I'm glad I never had to play him.

TheMadjai on
    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Yeah I sort of wish FFG would find some more tight-lipped play testers and generally practice a bit tighter information control.

Information does not want to be free; it wants to be liberated and expensive.

(eCookie to whoever knows the reference.)

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • PraetorPraetor [Redacted]Registered User regular
    Fair points made,
    TheMadjai wrote: »

That NEH deck was a thing to see in practice. If you missed the completely balls-out play in Cerb's Top 12 round, you missed a thing of beauty. A first-turn naked install of NAPD, which was never ran and sat there, LITERALLY the entire game until the very end when Cerb had the choice: Triple-advance and Astro token it for the win, or Triple-scorch out of hand. He wisely chose both. It was the second time I personally saw him Triple-scorch, and likely not the only two he had the chance to fire.

Seeing Cerb play in person was a thing of beauty, and I'm sorry more people couldn't see it. I'm glad I never had to play him.

I was watching that on stream, it was beautiful. He couldn't have astro-ed it out though, bad pub would have made the napd 5 advancements. Every other NEH deck I saw online wasn't scorched/psycho either, they were the vanilla 3 biotic fast advance style. Incredibly close games the whole top 16!

3DS FC: 3067-6095-3603
    I'm curious, did you see anyone play Plascrete against the scorchNEH? I guess if you triple-scorched someone then sure. The Scorch/Midseasons/Psycho deck is my favorite variant as well, but with the rise again of Weyland and Blue Sun I'd be more hesitant to include meat damage, thinking that they'd have ways to deal with it.

• grungeboxgrungebox Registered User regular

I was really tempted, especially after how well it did in the 84 player tournament on Friday.
    I believe it is definitely a viable deck archetype.

Perhaps, but NEH scorch is insane in the current meta since people just blind Legwork and Maker's Eyes all the time to try and steal Astro #1. "Oh, Legwork, you say? Meet my friend Snare and his buddies Tag and Scorch."

Quail is just hipster chicken
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I just watched the lower bracket finals and apparently timmy decided that he would rather lose the game than win the game

click four the runner ran R&D with 8 credits, a corroder, and medium with four counters

against a curtain wall

timmy had like 25 credits and a project atlas on the table

and he DIDN'T REZ THE CURTAIN WALL

worst play I've ever seen, how the dick did he even make it past the cut

I don't think there's any way that decision makes any sense at all

I think he must have been so tired that he couldn't even realize that curtain wall would have stopped the runner cold

Shorty on
    If that's the game I'm thinking of there was something in front of the Curtain wall so the runner could've got through it still.

The dumb play was putting ice in front of the curtain wall, really.

@Cerberus @themadjai and anyone else who was at worlds: what was it like playing with official judges around? Did it help, or change things much? Did it make your games run smoother?

• PraetorPraetor [Redacted]Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I just watched the lower bracket finals and apparently timmy decided that he would rather lose the game than win the game

click four the runner ran R&D with 8 credits, a corroder, and medium with four counters

against a curtain wall

timmy had like 25 credits and a project atlas on the table

and he DIDN'T REZ THE CURTAIN WALL

worst play I've ever seen, how the dick did he even make it past the cut

I don't think there's any way that decision makes any sense at all

I think he must have been so tired that he couldn't even realize that curtain wall would have stopped the runner cold

There was a taurus in front of the curtain wall, probably trying to hedge against an inside job. The math worked out such that the runner would not be able to get through with an inside job, but he completely missed the part where a regular run would be successful. Straight misplay after a ton of games, which is sad, that deck was pretty great.

3DS FC: 3067-6095-3603
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    If that's the game I'm thinking of there was something in front of the Curtain wall so the runner could've got through it still.

are you sure? I was pretty certain he put the curtain wall in front

e: alright I went and reviewed it and yup, he put a Taurus in front of the curtain wall for no reason

still insane!

I was really unimpressed with the finals games too, Dan faced a bunch of traps with things like Femme and Mimic in his hand and all the money he would ever need, then in their second game Minh trashed a sneakdoor with login protocols and john masanori in play while archives had nothing but bako, and he did this immediately after dan put a third ice on HQ

really unimpressed with all the games I've watched after the cut

except that one where Cerberus nuked that guy after leaving an NAPD on the board

there was some confusion on the stream apparently over how it happened, but I'm pretty sure he gave Cerb a data raven token

Shorty on

Might be thinking of a different game? I do remember there being one with a taurus in front of a curtain wall, though.

nah you were right, I reviewed the play

I'm assuming he was worried about inside jobs, or something. Or he wanted to be able to nuke the plascrete perhaps to go for a scorch win? I dunno. It was either a fatigue mistake or he had some bizarre reasoning for it.

So does anyone here use some fancy tokens? I've been looking at the Team Covenant ones and they're super pretty, might mention them to my folks as a Christmas present. I do, however, really like some other credit tokens I've seen that were shaped like the credit symbol. No idea who makes them though.

But I think the Team Covenant ones are more consistent, so I may just get some of them. They'll go well with my nice tournament-won Virus tokens, too.

e: alright I went and reviewed it and yup, he put a Taurus in front of the curtain wall for no reason

still insane!

I was really unimpressed with the finals games too, Dan faced a bunch of traps with things like Femme and Mimic in his hand and all the money he would ever need, then in their second game Minh trashed a sneakdoor with login protocols and john masanori in play while archives had nothing but bako, and he did this immediately after dan put a third ice on HQ

really unimpressed with all the games I've watched after the cut

except that one where Cerberus nuked that guy after leaving an NAPD on the board

there was some confusion on the stream apparently over how it happened, but I'm pretty sure he gave Cerb a data raven token

He ran last click through the Raven.
    While there were definitely misplays in the games you are not taking into account that most people had played around 30 individual games of competitive Netrunner by the time those games happened. Fatigue is a factor.

@Cerberus @themadjai and anyone else who was at worlds: what was it like playing with official judges around? Did it help, or change things much? Did it make your games run smoother?

Didn't even notice they were there.

@Cerberus was it all a one-day event? Because that sounds completely insane if it was.

• grungeboxgrungebox Registered User regular
    @Cerberus was it all a one-day event? Because that sounds completely insane if it was.

Swiss (7 rounds) 1 day then top-16 double-elims the next day. There was a winter kit tournament the day before as well...so lots of Netrunner over three days.

Quail is just hipster chicken
    Well thank god the Worlds tournament itself was split over two days. The Australian nationals were crammed into one day and it was apparently just about hell itself.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    There was a game of Blue Sun v Andy where the corp had SEA+Scorch against the Andy with 2 cards and 5 credits. Blue Sun only had like 6 credits, but he had a rezzed Hadrian's. Completely missed the kill opportunity and ended up losing the game. The announcers were so sad.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is there somewhere I can watch the worlds matches?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    right now the only place you can watch them is on FFG's twitch backlog

http://www.twitch.tv/ffglive/profile/past_broadcasts

team covenant will probably have it all edited and up on youtube at some point

not sure what the turnaround on that is, maybe later this week?

edited November 2014
    jakobagger wrote: »

I'm fine with what Snow-Jax does, I just hate that the new thing they do is put two thirds of the next cycle's cards into the draft packs so we get this giant infodump and then nothing for six months

Shorty on
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    right now the only place you can watch them is on FFG's twitch backlog

http://www.twitch.tv/ffglive/profile/past_broadcasts

team covenant will probably have it all edited and up on youtube at some point

not sure what the turnaround on that is, maybe later this week?

Last year they started putting them up right at the end of November

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I have no idea where to start, I'll wait for TC to put something together.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    As requested Worlds top 8 decklists

NBN Red Rain
    NBN 'Red Rain'

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center (Upstalk)

Agenda (11)
    3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
    2x Breaking News (Core Set)
    3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
    3x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset (10)
    3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
    2x Marked Accounts (Cyber Exodus)
    3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)
    2x Snare! (Core Set) ••••

Upgrade (3)
    3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (12)
    3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
    1x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof)
    3x Scorched Earth (Core Set) ••••• ••••• ••
    2x SEA Source (Core Set)
    3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (4)
    1x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
    3x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (7)
    2x Enigma (Core Set)
    3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
    1x Quandary (Double Time)
    1x Tollbooth (Core Set)

Sentry (2)
    1x Data Raven (Core Set)
    1x Grim (Opening Moves)

17 influence spent (max 17)
    20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
    49 cards (min 45)
    Cards up to Upstalk

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Andromeda - Perfect Run
    Andromeda - Perfect Run

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity's Shadow)

Event (17)
    3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
    3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
    1x Easy Mark (Core Set)
    2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
    2x Inside Job (Core Set)
    3x Special Order (Core Set)
    3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (7)
    3x Desperado (Core Set)
    2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
    2x R&D Interface (Future Proof) ••••

Resource (6)
    2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
    1x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
    3x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)

Icebreaker (9)
    1x Breach (Honor and Profit)
    1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
    3x Faerie (Future Proof)
    1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
    1x Mimic (Core Set)
    1x Passport (Honor and Profit)
    1x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (7)
    3x Datasucker (Core Set) •••
    2x Parasite (Core Set) ••••
    2x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
    46 cards (min 45)
    Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Am happy to answer any questions on card choices or why I ran these decks, if there are any. :)