As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax Arcadia: An Alliance PVE Guild on Draenor (US)

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I've been going to Shattrath daily so I can travel to Ogri'La. It's pretty quiet, but I'd say it's only less busy than Ironforge. There are people turning in quests to A'dal all the time.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Yeah, always people in Shat, and he's always invadin' mah mind. People kill Kael'thas constantly for the mount I'd bet.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    A billion games this month and here I am hovering over the pre-purchase button

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Yeah, always people in Shat, and he's always invadin' mah mind. People kill Kael'thas constantly for the mount I'd bet.

Yeah, I am one of those people too. At this point I've gotten all three pets from that place, so I guess I can skip the other bosses completely now.

• Options
    LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    It's a whole lot faster to go to Hellfire via the Stormwind portal and then fly to TK than it is to go through Shatt.

• Options
    I caved. WoD officially purchased. See you jerks in space.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    I had already assumed that and made you an officer again.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Oh damn, that did happen.

I was actually under the impression that the expansion was out on the 21st since a bunch of other games come out that day. Turns out I was wrong.

On a related note, guess who spent half of his Sunday burning through LFR for the first and only time?

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    I stopped playing around Wrath. I think I missed two expansions (Cataclysm and Mists), right? How bad of an idea is it to think about coming back and playing with the new expansion?

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    I stopped playing around Wrath. I think I missed two expansions (Cataclysm and Mists), right? How bad of an idea is it to think about coming back and playing with the new expansion?

You'll be just as lost as the rest of us, I wouldn't think it would be a problem. You'll need to play through the Cata and Mists content but there's an XP buff now so it will go very fast.

• Options
    Yeah, if you're quick, leveling 80 to 90 can be done in 7-8 hours, the XP nerf for those zones helped a ton.

• Options
    If you buy digital before Thursday, you get the boost to a 90 don't you? You could in theory buy the addon digitally and pop that on any class (If you use it on a 60, it maxes professions as well.) and be good to go for Thursday morning.

• Options
    I'm something of an altoholic. I don't get much time to do the end game stuff as I can't usually commit several consecutive hours. My typical game ends at max level and I roll another char and do it all again. I quite enjoy the grind from 0 to whatever max is, but two things worry me:

1) The game is more focused on getting to the max level rather than the trip to get there and gains are ridiculously accelerated and I miss a lot of stuff, and

2) Getting to max level takes forever because I hit roadblocks as I'm unable to continue because what I need to do requires a group and everyone is so far ahead of me and they don't want to do the lesser stuff to help me progress.

Also, having been out of the pay-for-the-game market for years, I'm a bit hesitant to drop $50 (or whatever it is now) on the new expansion because I may not like it. After quitting after Wrath, I had 7 day trials of both Cata and Mists (I actually beta tested Mists), and I just couldn't get into the game. I felt like they dumbed down the game from what I was used to. I had tons of fun in BC and the return to Draenor is very appealing, but I suspect the game itself has changed too much for my liking. I know Blizzard did some stat squishing, but how much of the game has changed since Wrath?

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Basically all of the group-required stuff for questing is gone now, that's a remnant from BC/LK that I'm not sad to see the back of. Cata streamlined the leveling process, though unfortunately they didn't touch Outland or Northrend (other than to crank the XP gains up to ludicrous speed, you'll do probably two zones in Outland and maybe three in Northrend.)
    The dungeon finder is pretty slick if you wanted to try those too.

Buying the base game now gives you everything up to and including Mists, so you can see if you like what they've done before dropping another $50 on Warlords, which you won't get anything out of until you're level 90 anyway.

They have definitely simplified the standard experience from the way it was in BC/LK, there's fewer buttons to hit and less of the quests actively hate you (unlike, say, every other quest in Outland.)

• Options
    You can also just straight up lock your level at 70, 80, and 85 for 10 gold each time and then finish up each expansion continent at the appropriate maximum level for the content.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    WoW was suffering pretty badly from ability/button bloat; they did a really good panel at Blizzcon that talked about how that happened - you started off with druids having 21 or so abilities at the start, which went to 57 in Pandaria. I know on my Paladin I was pressing that Inquisition button every 10 seconds to make myself better, but why? It was just another button to push that padded out my rotation.

Here's a pretty good link to the changes panel summary.

Nosf on
  • Options
    LotharLothar Of The Hill People Hills, Hill CountryRegistered User regular
    By removing some of the redundancy with spells, they also make way to introduce new things. Instead of having to re-tool your entire game around one ability, it should fit easier into a rotation because there's less there to manage.

Having said that, I'm still a little butthurt about losing Serpent Sting on my BM/MM Hunter.. and even more butthurt about the loss of Synapse Springs (I will get over it eventually).

Currently Playing: ARK: Survival Evolved

Feel free to add me for Smash Bros or MH4!
    FC: 3668 - 8564 - 8516
  • Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    If you buy digital before Thursday, you get the boost to a 90 don't you? You could in theory buy the addon digitally and pop that on any class (If you use it on a 60, it maxes professions as well.) and be good to go for Thursday morning.

You get a 90 boost regardless of when/how you buy it. The only difference is, you get to boost as soon as you purchase it if you go the digital route.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    How active and how big is this guild? I'm considering resubbing, and while my current chars are in the SE Horde guild, I prefer Alliance and was thinking of switching back if it's not too terribly expensive. Do you guys have decent numbers and active players?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    We have between 8-10 regulars right now, not sure how many more will come out of the woodwork after Tuesday.
    As far as activity we will for sure be running group heroics, and if we have enough people stick around through the holiday we will look at running flex 10 mans.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I rolled a Paladin and got an invite, and quickly realized that no, I do not have the motivation to level again. So I'm going to mess around on Hellscream for a bit, then either transfer somebody over or use my boost. Currently in guild as Bubbz (I know), looking forward to hanging out!

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    Bubs wrote: »
    I rolled a Paladin and got an invite, and quickly realized that no, I do not have the motivation to level again. So I'm going to mess around on Hellscream for a bit, then either transfer somebody over or use my boost. Currently in guild as Bubbz (I know), looking forward to hanging out!

Know how you feel. I've gotten to 63 on my Monk and have completely run out of steam. I think my problem was that I did all of it as a tank in instances. PUGs have a way of taking the wind out of you.. especially after the 100 somethingth time.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Weird, I've had the exact opposite! Leveled my monk to 60ish and boosted him, all via tanking. Now leveling a Paladin doing the same.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Arthil wrote: »
    Weird, I've had the exact opposite! Leveled my monk to 60ish and boosted him, all via tanking. Now leveling a Paladin doing the same.

Given all the things Blizz has given us to streamline the process, I can't complain about the timeframe. It was just all the people who were really impatient and would like to pull half the instance at a time, even though I pull very efficiently (give the healer something to do).

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Edit: NM. Wrong WoW thread.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    One hour to go. Anyone else going to be up?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I didn't set an alarm, but I did wake up at 3:11 so after flopping around for 5 minutes, I dragged my ass out of bed and went downstairs. I knocked out the intro and got to my garrison in about an hour before logging off and going back to bed till 8.

Nosf on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I didn't set an alarm, but I did wake up at 3:11 so after flopping around for 5 minutes, I dragged my ass out of bed and went downstairs. I knocked out the intro and got to my garrison in about an hour before logging off and going back to bed till 8.
    You may have wanted to stay up to 8 then go to bed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Naw, that was for first day, not today. Today is a drag, but at least I have errands to run this morning.

• Options
    It's the first weekend and it looks like most everyone who is coming back is here. Anyone have any questions?

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    When do I get my lobster bib back?

• Options
    LeftOnRed wrote: »

When you pry Rock Lobster rank out of Jenati's hands.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Hey, did you guys roll on Draenor for leveling / catching everyone up purposes?

How old is this Realm?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    This thread is 4 years old so...no, we've always been on Draenor.

Realm is 10 years old next week.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Huh, weird. I asked because Draenor is showing up as "new players" on my Realm list, below even Low pop servers. Didn't think to check OP before I posted.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah we're kind of hilariously underpopulated for some reason. It's always been that way.

No worries, I just was taken aback by the question.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    If you look at the realm on WoW Progress, the number of guilds that have actually fully cleared raids will make you want to cry.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Hey all...looks like it but are ya'll still open for business? My alliance main is stuck alone on Stormrage (5k queue HO) and who needs that. You guys seem like a swell bunch. I'm not a hardcore raider but I like to chill and kill mans and also am more or less not a goose.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    Yes come and chill in your Garrison with us!

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    LeftOnRed wrote: »

When you pry Rock Lobster rank out of Jenati's hands.

I'm making it a Canadian flag tonight eh?