As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SE++ Cribs: Where the Magic Happens

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
SHOW ME WHERE YOU LIIIIIIIIIIIVE (Set to the tune of Show Me How To Live by Audioslave)

"Hello, welcome to my home. I hope you enjoy the tour."

"Here is my front door. This is how you get into my house. My door has a magic lock that requires a cat's eye, a statue of a peeing boy, and a special 4 digit code."
20141110_075510_zpsfge8zlbs.jpg

"If we turn around, you can see my garage, and see my WHIP! The lighting sucks."
20141110_075539_zpsmzk33brd.jpg

"Upon entering there is a hallway that I forgot to photograph that leads to this small half bath. That toilet paper is used to wipe poop from butts."
20141110_075746_zps1nxyhsdk.jpg

"This is where I cook and clean dishes. That red tupperware has one cupcake leftover in it. You can't have it."
20141110_075813_zpsjetn7xcg.jpg
20141110_075817_zpsfieflpew.jpg

"That small pantry has snacks in it. Still can't have any."
20141110_075832_zpsllvnmwwr.jpg

"The money shot! Inside of the fridge and freezer! Some delicious stuff and some not so delicious stuff."
20141110_080417_zpsduvatnwi.jpg
20141110_080422_zpsq73as7co.jpg
20141110_080431_zpscrdcsx7r.jpg

"Here is the dining room where we eat food prepared in the kitchen."
20141110_075851_zps0tmm2llu.jpg

"Next we will head downstairs into the living room. We're in the market for a new couch. We put the old one downstairs in the theater room. We'll be heading that way soon."
20141110_075926_zpsn4j8815p.jpg
20141110_075934_zpsnbebda5c.jpg

"The 55" TV that is basically used for viewing Paw Patrol. Also, a NIGHTHAWK ROUTER!"
20141110_075939_zpsvtjyespa.jpg

"Turn around and you'll see my older son's desk."
20141110_075950_zpszyuqbt8t.jpg

"Here is the view out of my back patio door."
20141110_080543_zps3uslvazj.jpg

"Now we head downstairs into the media room."
20141110_080003_zpsnecfqbll.jpg

"The media/theater room where I spend most of my time and do all of my homework...which I should be doing right now but instead I'm making this thread."
20141110_080021_zpsg7mbqee1.jpg
20141110_080058_zpssfcd0evi.jpg
20141110_080108_zpsttbcgunj.jpg
20141110_080048_zpsfpdx97qy.jpg

"Off to the side of the media room is the laundry room which I refer to as "THE DUNGEON" or "THE MURDERROOM"
20141110_080114_zpsgvko4v0o.jpg

"Now we will head upstairs to the bedrooms."
20141110_080151_zpsuep1ikux.jpg
20141110_080209_zps6bsajqsc.jpg

"This is the ugliest bathroom you will ever see. It's one of the first things we'll be redoing."
20141110_080223_zps8wcelfay.jpg

"This is where the magic happens. Also, FUCK MAKING BEDS!"
20141110_080235_zps9nbj7so1.jpg

"Here is the bedroom TV where I watch a lot of shows and sometimes I bring my PS4 up here like it is right now."
20141110_080244_zpszqhtvvvl.jpg

"The kids room along with my old Xbox 360 and their little 29" TV. Like I said before, FUCK MAKING BEDS!"
20141110_080304_zpsqaaad9hn.jpg

"My son's collection of Ponies and some Clifford Books."
20141110_080257_zps5munmkrm.jpg

"And finally...my view right now."
20141110_080700_zpsbo1li1bv.jpg

"Thanks for taking the tour with me. I hope you enjoyed my home. Now it is time to post where you live."

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I learned a lot about my house over the weekend

like, I'd never before noticed that my kitchen is on the opposite side of the house from both bathrooms and the laundry room, meaning that the drain goes down into the crawlspace underneath, hits an elbow joint, and then runs across the house through the basement ceiling to connect to the main drainage line.

This means that if the compressed air I used to clear a blockage hadn't worked, after having already tried snaking the clog or using liquid plumber, it would have been a real pain in the ass to clear. Thankfully, literally the last idea I had before calling a plumber worked.

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    I like this idea but my house is currently in too much of a state.

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Wow your house is like gigantic

Only millionaires get to live in houses as big as yours over here

Peas on
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I think I shall do this.

But I won't be getting outdoor shots.
    Because it will be pitch black by the time I get home.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Peas wrote: »

Really? This is considered to be a smallish house here.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I moved into my first purchased house this past week, when we're actually setup I'll do pics

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    We've been in this house for about 2 years but we only just purchased it. We were renting from my wife's Mom for awhile but took over the payments so we own it now.

Owning a house is kind of scary but awesome.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Instead of pictures, I have a video that I took for my grandma to show her the house. This is the week after we moved in, we've since put an actual couch in the basement and re-done the countertops in the kitchen, pictures underneath the spoiler. Video has bonus appearances from my parents, wife, and dog.

We also replaced all the appliances (which are in the video), since the ones they had were the most basic, cheapest shit you could buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUbYPk6vX9E&list=UUVRLl3B3wmNDpHvJk45B87w
    kitchen2.jpg

kitchen1.jpg

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

One of the things that always boggles my mind on some of those HGTV shows is the astronomical cost of even modest looking homes. Something that I could live in for low to mid 100,000 will almost always be around 800,000 on those shows.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    That door in the basement, however, still has not been put up. Six months later.

I should really do that.

LxX6eco.jpg
    Yeah, we paid $72,000 for this house.

Marathon wrote: »

One of the things that always boggles my mind on some of those HGTV shows is the astronomical cost of even modest looking homes. Something that I could live in for low to mid 100,000 will almost always be around 800,000 on those shows.

Yeah, our 1200sq ft townhouse in Maryland cost 270. That price in South Florida, where I grew up, would get you a 2400+sq ft mini-mansion.

LxX6eco.jpg
    Yeah, we paid $72,000 for this house.

wat

Small town Minnesota, man. Shit's cheap here. I can buy a 2400 sq. ft house here for under 200k.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    There is a lot of room in minnesota and only a few places that are heavily populated

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'd be able to show my entire living space with two pictures: living room and bedroom.

Hurray for apartments.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Small town Minnesota, man. Shit's cheap here. I can buy a 2400 sq. ft house here for under 200k.

on the other hand you could buy a house in Toronto!

uMwSyxb.png

There Is Level 3 Mould Contamination. Anyone Entering The Property Must Take Protective Measures (Minimum: N95 Mask)

http://fmlistings.tumblr.com/post/25998917531/3-bedroom-3-bathroom-mould-filled-awesomeness

h4tZrRn.png

Eric Moulds?

Brolo wrote: »

uMwSyxb.png

There Is Level 3 Mould Contamination. Anyone Entering The Property Must Take Protective Measures (Minimum: N95 Mask)

http://fmlistings.tumblr.com/post/25998917531/3-bedroom-3-bathroom-mould-filled-awesomeness

h4tZrRn.png

It sold only 2 weeks later for $876,000

LxX6eco.jpg
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    My roommate's mother is in town and has plans to help us decorate the place while she's here.

I'm more than happy to let her loose. I haven't put anything up yet and I just plan on handing her a stack of things and saying "Put these wherever you want. Or don't. Have fun!

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

uMwSyxb.png

h4tZrRn.png

It sold only 2 weeks later for $876,000

For that same price here in Iowa, I could get a house with 6 bedrooms, 3 1/2 bathrooms, over 5000 square feet on 1.15 acres.

That's so big I don't think I would want to live in it even if I could afford it.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I think I shall do this.

But I won't be getting outdoor shots.
    Because it will be pitch black by the time I get home.

Street View screenshot? (with address removed, of course)

My house (interior shots to follow at some point)

zabqipgjyz5v.png

check out that sweet-ass garden that doesn't look nearly so good now because it's no longer being maintained by the previous owner who had far more time and gardening skill than me or my wife.

crib.PNG 865.8K
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Yeah a while back I posted about a house I saw in my neighborhood on the south side of the golf course I used to live next door to. I was out at night walking and I saw this house:
    29aqwds.jpg

All lit up and imposing. I was literally in awe. I couldn't stop talking about it. Now keeping in mind that this house is not only within city limits, but is also within a five minute drive of downtown of (I believe) the most populous city in Iowa.

It's a $700,000 house

So yeah. housing's kinda cheap round these parts

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    Put my snowblower together and got ready to blow some snow... But I can't find my second extension cord so it only reaches about a foot out of my garage... I'm going to have to shovel the other 11 feet.

• POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    i have to trick somebody into buying my current place so i can possibly move into A Real House

it's nerve-wracking

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Alright I'm game, though I am only going to photograph my room and the shared living spaces of where I live, privacy and all that jazz, ya know?

So here is my room, where I spend most of my time:
    0CiBVnO.jpg

jihkYhQ.jpg

jhdBIv9.jpg

I spend entirely too much time on games of all varieties...

And for whatever reason my room has a bathroom that attaches only to itself and no other part of the house so, it's basically mine:
    pLzEQrN.jpg

Then downstairs we have our entirely too large of living room. I use it for the exercise bike and reading while putting some records on:
    a87ZKcr.jpg

Here is the dining room, which is used as an actual dining room like twice a year for Thanksgiving and Christmas and used at all other times for boardgames, partway through a game of ASL with a friend, though I may call the game because he is so slow at taking turns that I have forgotten most of what has even happened:
    IC0xcCb.jpg

Here is our gigantic kitchen with its stupid amount of counter space:
    oWv2c2s.jpg

UtTFuhC.jpg
    And here is the backyard with our pond where our turtle, Tortimer, hangs out. Look at that glorious Californian winter:
    kwTMyZA.jpg

So yeah, that is my place. It's pretty swank, I must say. If people are interested I can scrounge up shots of my digs in Japan where I spent the last two years too.

Stone tile floors are my bane. So awful in my apartment.

Stone floors look amazing, but I'd choose carpet comfort over them.
    Maybe not in the kitchen.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Stone/wood/laminate forever.

Carpet makes me ill.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I will take carpet over god danged tatami, but yeah otherwise carpet is the worst.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I will use this thread as a goal to clean my shit hole apartment so I can take pictures!

CYpGAPn.png
    Stone tile floors look nice but they are a bitch and a half to clean. Anything I sweep gets caught in the grooves.

edited November 2014

20141110_141228_zpszh11lvl1.jpg
    This is as good as its getting.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    My house (interior shots to follow at some point)

zabqipgjyz5v.png

check out that sweet-ass garden that doesn't look nearly so good now because it's no longer being maintained by the previous owner who had far more time and gardening skill than me or my wife.

on my way!

• nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I live in a 150sqft closet with no bathroom with Weaver.

I am considerably happier living here with him in a tiny little hole in the wall than I was in 1800sqft on 2.1 acres with my asshole family.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    @Raijin Quickfoot‌ You probably pay the same amount I do for my Apt in the cities for that whole house. Too bad you have to live in Brainerd. :snap:

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Yeah, I'm actually pretty done with Brainerd.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm actually pretty done with Brainerd.

Not into tractors, rodeos, and meth?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    imagine a shitty mancave and thats me