As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dragon Age Thread - Where is your maker now?

196979899100102»

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »
    I think that may be total time since he started playing?

Like, including sleeping and stuff

Bioware have said that a complete playthrough where you do absolutely everything takes 150-200 hours.
    I'll be interested in seeing how long it actually takes, since companies always inflate these numbers.

They always seem pretty accurate to me, but then again I'm someone who likes to take his time when playing games like this.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    As a completionist who also regularly does multiple playthroughs of games I enjoy I expect I will be discovered sometime in the middle of December, a withered husk slumped over my keyboard while a dialgoue selection screen stays frozen on my dust-covered monitor.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I remember trying to stretch it out as long as I could, and still being 10 hours shorter than their projected time for ME3

steam_sig.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Listen. Its going to probably be a long-ass game.

Now I'm sure how much of a long ass game its going to be is debatable.

For some it will be a really long ass game, for others it will be slightly less of a long ass game. I don't think its a big deal either way.

Dragkonias on
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Listen. Its going to probably be a long-ass game.

Now I'm sure how much of a long ass game its going to be is debatable.

For some it will be a really long ass game, for others it will be slightly less of a long ass game. I don't think its a big deal either way.

As long as we're getting an ass of some kind, I'll be happy.

wait

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • BassguyBassguy Ghost Ride the Dragon Registered User regular
    I like big, sweeping stories as much as the next guy, but I hope BioWare still sees fit to put out 2-6 hour DLCs. The more focused story content is usually some of my favorite.

• Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    The lengthy gameplay is good news to me. I was having a pretty serious case of the frowns when I heard about some of the (early) side-quests, which involve such intriguing tasks as "kill 10 of these" and "collect 4 of those." You know, the mindless stuff that tends to the insufferable side in an MMO when you're hanging out with a dozen friends.

If the game's really that big, then we should be able to safely ignore most of the asinine stuff and just do the cool shit we play BioWare games to do.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Bassguy wrote: »
    I like big, sweeping stories as much as the next guy, but I hope BioWare still sees fit to put out 2-6 hour DLCs. The more focused story content is usually some of my favorite.

Especially if they're 2-6 hour DLCs that take place outside the context of the main story so I don't have to try to fit them into my completed playthrough.

• The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Things I disliked:
    Wasn't thrilled with the voice acting I heard from (one of?) the female PCs

Was it the Brit or American voice?

Leaning Rogue Femquisitor and hoping the Brit voice is as good as Femhawke....

The_Infidel on
    Things I disliked:

It was the American voice. It's shockingly low-pitched, and it's pretty bold, actually. Not everyone's taste, but I'm glad they had the balls to do something different.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    From what I understand. The British voices were tuned more to Elves/Humans and the American ones more to Dwarves/Qunari so the voice being flat as it is makes sense(if anything I would say its still kind of light for how I imagined a female Qunari would sound).

• BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Things I disliked:

It was the American voice. It's shockingly low-pitched, and it's pretty bold, actually. Not everyone's taste, but I'm glad they had the balls to do something different.

Yeah, that, and unlike my earlier impressions, she doesn't even have noodle arms. Progress.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    The Sauce wrote: »
    The lengthy gameplay is good news to me. I was having a pretty serious case of the frowns when I heard about some of the (early) side-quests, which involve such intriguing tasks as "kill 10 of these" and "collect 4 of those." You know, the mindless stuff that tends to the insufferable side in an MMO when you're hanging out with a dozen friends.

If the game's really that big, then we should be able to safely ignore most of the asinine stuff and just do the cool shit we play BioWare games to do.

This, except I'm going to do them anyway because dat XP.

Also @Bassguy‌, you may as well make the new thread now.

s7Imn5J.png
    edited November 2014
    The Sauce wrote: »

This, except I'm going to do them anyway because dat XP.

Also @Bassguy‌, you may as well make the new thread now.
    I was under the impression that making a new thread before the old one is closed is frowned upon. Is that not the case? Also, I PM'd "A Steak," and gave a heads up about crossing 100 pages.

Bassguy on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Going to romance Cassandra so hard.

I don't know how I'm going to as an atheist apostate qunari but I will find a way.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    edited November 2014
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

I don't know how I'm going to as an atheist apostate qunari but I will grind rep until she falls in love with me.

:rotate:

Bassguy on
    edited November 2014

I don't know how I'm going to as an atheist apostate qunari but I will grind rep until she falls in love with me.

Don't think you can.

Unless it's like Dragon Age 2 where you get the heart options no matter what.

Dr. Chaos on

Don't think you can.

"There is a way to (more or less) grind approval for a party member, but it’s different for each character as to what that involves (but does not involve gifts). You’ll see." —Gaider

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

Don't think you can.

"There is a way to (more or less) grind approval for a party member, but it’s different for each character as to what that involves (but does not involve gifts). You’ll see." —Gaider

It means humping.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Take her out on a lovely date, clearing a cave full of blood mages.

edited November 2014

Don't think you can.

Ehhh...Never a big fan of having a way to reliably manipulate approval so I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Hoping it's more like DA2. Well...actually while I liked the addition of rivalry/friendship, it seemed too easy to still land in a neutral area where you never really maxed out their approval, especially if you never stuck to one dialog style too often.

Dr. Chaos on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Don't think you can.

Ehhh...Never a big fan of having a way to reliably manipulate approval so I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Hoping it's more like DA2. Well...actually while I liked the addition of rivalry/friendship, it was too easy to still land in a neutral area where you never really maxed out their approval, especially if you never stuck to one dialog style too often.

It's not Bioware's fault if you can't stay in character.

I was under the impression that making a new thread before the old one is closed is frowned upon. Is that not the case? Also, I PM'd "A Steak," and gave a heads up about crossing 100 pages.

In the majority of Steam and Mass Effect thread rollovers I've seen, people popped a new thread between 98-100 pages, and the old one got locked if people kept bumping it or if someone PMed about it. The main reason to make a new thread before lockdown is so you can quote the OP, since you can't quote from locked threads, but if you've got that in a document or something I suppose it doesn't make much diff.

s7Imn5J.png
    edited November 2014
    Taramoor wrote: »

Don't think you can.

Hoping it's more like DA2. Well...actually while I liked the addition of rivalry/friendship, it was too easy to still land in a neutral area where you never really maxed out their approval, especially if you never stuck to one dialog style too often.

It's not Bioware's fault if you can't stay in character.
    People aren't simple.

Sometimes they're nice, thoughtful and diplomatic, other times they're sarcastic, argumentative and murder knife-ish.

..but mostly murder knife.

Dr. Chaos on

In the majority of Steam and Mass Effect thread rollovers I've seen, people popped a new thread between 98-100 pages, and the old one got locked if people kept bumping it or if someone PMed about it. The main reason to make a new thread before lockdown is so you can quote the OP, since you can't quote from locked threads, but if you've got that in a document or something I suppose it doesn't make much diff.
    Good to know, thanks. I copied the raw post into a note, so that won't be unavailable.

So, did they get rid of the persistent gore effect?

Going to miss that. Was actually kind of neat.

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    So, did they get rid of the persistent gore effect?

Going to miss that. Was actually kind of neat.

Its a toggle.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
    They should make it a slider. Crank it up and every conversation looks like a scene from Carrie.

s7Imn5J.png
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    It's always been a toggle, and it's one of the first things I switch off (also, helmets). It just looks so dumb.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
This discussion has been closed.