As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SE++ Cribs: Where the Magic Happens

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Not even a little though we don't have rodeos here.

It's meth, hunting, fishing, and tractors and such.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Not even a little though we don't have rodeos here.

It's meth, hunting, fishing, and tractors and such.

Do so! Don't lie to me. I've seen advertisements for the Brainerd rodeo.

Though it might have been piled in with whatever the town festival is. Probably something stupid like rocks. Or soybeans.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I guess I don't pay enough attention

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've posted some of these in the moving thread but i will post them twice if I want to

anyway I live next to the docks in a fishing village. That means I'm surrounded by even more water than the british mean.

This is my living room

F1nDWuUl.jpg

This is my bedroom

e5BpIfUl.jpg

u2Gyp72l.jpg

this is my study/sewing room/storage room/ whatever

0FiMwupl.jpg

This is my kitchen, which contrary to my mother's claims, does TOO contain food

v5361Wgl.jpg

see? TWO types of XO sauce

v4yqCwzl.jpg

qhntbQJl.jpg

and THREE kinds of wasabi!!

... I have things that aren't condiments, I swear.

This is a chair I refurbished which I am inordinately proud of, it was one of four and then somebody broke one so now it's one of three

nK7d74Cl.jpg

This is a set of shelves I bought recently to hold all my painting junk. It's a leaning shelf, but the idiots included two left supports instead of one left and one right, so it's not that stable. I'm too lazy to write and complain.

wpyOzv0l.jpg

oh, and this is the view from my living room window

JM4xFvXl.jpg

... and out my back door

ZWWEaWf.jpg

vrTxB1P.jpg

You live in a stylish and nice place Tynic (How do you pronounce that? Tie Nick?)

Although, I don't think you can make a pile of condiments into a meal.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

Amateur

Psykoma wrote: »

Amateur

Next up on Psykoma's cooking hour. Condiment salad. First, mix the relish with some jelly. Then, add soy sauce and spicy mustard for a little kick. Step three, attempt to swallow.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Psykoma wrote: »

Amateur

Next up on Psykoma's cooking hour. Condiment salad. First, mix the relish with some jelly. Then, add soy sauce and spicy mustard for a little kick. Step three, attempt to swallowAlcohol. Step 4 - gorge yourself

My fridge:
    20141110_173445_zpskbhj01a6.jpg
    20141110_173427_zpscmttmbia.jpg

Don't be comforted by those eggs.
    They've been there for six months.

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    ara look at tynics cool house

I can't show mine now

• TefTef Registered User regular
    @Raijin Quickfoot sweet digs! I love that House Rules billboard

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    FAQ wrote: »
    ara look at tynics cool house

I can't show mine now

i thought you lived in a three foot square of carpet next to a bed

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Is that a bottle of Bucky in your fridge?

edited November 2014
    only if Bucky is actually Prosecco.

tynic on
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    He's probably referring to Buckfast.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    By the way, that menu in the dining room said "SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE" before my wife changed it. She said it wasn't tasteful.

Tef wrote: »

Kohl's clearance, man. My wife is nuts for that shit.

Tef wrote: »

Kohl's clearance, man. My wife is nuts for that shit.

The cynical part of me says that these happy quote boards are bullshit. Then I think, man, what is wrong with peace love and understanding or whatever.

I think I settled on this. At least it isn't "Live, Laugh, Love".

That board actually has pretty good words for a pithy Kohls item.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread

Oh, I know what he's doing.

tynic wrote: »

Oh, I know what he's doing.

Now I've heard tell that Strongbow is also a low class drink in the UK. Is this true? Why do I haveto pay 12 dollars for 4 pints here?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Put my snowblower together and got ready to blow some snow... But I can't find my second extension cord so it only reaches about a foot out of my garage... I'm going to have to shovel the other 11 feet.

You bring shame upon your state with your electric snowblower. Shouldn't you have at least a 2-cycle?

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    oh boy. ya'll will love my parents house

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    edited November 2014
    Pictures!

My house is pretty old (for canada). The main part was built in the 1850s, and the kitchen/bedroom extension was in the 1950s.

From the door I always use:
    20141111_123401_zpsspv7py7t.jpg

Which leads into the kitchen:
    20141111_123432_zpsevsposc0.jpg
    20141111_123445_zpsiczbde1r.jpg

Going right from which leads to the bedroom:
    20141111_123504_zpslridshid.jpg
    The closet which never gets used
    20141111_123522_zps0fujczqh.jpg
    The view out of the only window in the bedroom whose curtains ever get opened:
    20141111_123545_zps8utd3hgo.jpg
    I don't know where the chairs came from. They were there from the previous tenant and I didn't get around to throwing them out.

Anyway, the other path from the kitchen leads to the living room, which is a cluttered mess
    20141111_123643_zpsslvxgvc0.jpg
    20141111_123657_zpsc15sbwjy.jpg
    20141111_123728_zpsosyhaift.jpg

The two doors in the living room lead to the bathroom and (extremely dirty) laundry room
    20141111_123715_zpsfngz6gbe.jpg
    20141111_124005_zpsbxnokrte.jpg

And the view from the front door
    20141111_124157_zpsx5d0sor4.jpg

From the GoT poster leads to the stairs. The tree was painted by the someone long ago, but it's pretty so it stays:
    20141111_123738_zpslyzb3nka.jpg

The upstairs landing. I need to do something up here, but I'm not sure what:
    20141111_123801_zps3egsr2ys.jpg

My lego room, my favourite room in the house:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySET_9afKs4

And the last room, it's basically my cat's room and some storage
    20141111_123835_zpstioral30.jpg

Psykoma on
    That tree painting is probably haunted.

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    By the way, that menu in the dining room said "SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE" before my wife changed it. She said it wasn't tasteful.

It varies from person to person.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    And for whatever reason my room has a bathroom that attaches only to itself and no other part of the house so, it's basically mine:

That's called an en suite.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Did that homebrew stuff ever work out, Raijin? It's cool if it didn't, I was just curious.
    Your place looks super homey, and I agree with "fuck making beds" wholeheartedly.

VayBJ4e.png
    Well, it will work out. I didn't have a place in my old apartment. Then I got super busy. I'm going to set it up sometime very soon though.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    HEY CRIBS

I have this apartment I live in and I just got new furniture for it because the old furniture went away with my old roommate/brother (he's still my brother though). The problem is the space is super oddly shaped to fit anything. Maybe you guys wanna play a cool game called "make an iteration of this room and its contents that doesn't suck"?

I've been doodling around with this website that lets me move and arrange furniture, and this is basically what I'm looking at:

cqhb5DQl.png

There's a loveseat, a sofa, two end tables, a coffee table, a TV that currently doesn't have a stand, and a "table" (okay it's a dog crate with a wood top shut up) with my turntable on it. The dining room table is where you see in the room, with chairs around it, and the south wall is actually the wraparound kitchen counter so it's all one big space.

Here are some actual photos of the furniture! Seriously what on earth do you do with this weird space so that people can be oriented toward TV and/or fireplace, and also have room to pass behind to the dining table?

8xRZntal.jpg

FdC50GTl.jpg

I know the proportions of my website version are caddy-wompus but I don't actually have the dimensions of the room written down anywhere so we're going with the "good enough" method.

Anybody? Any thoughts?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    Feng Shui the fuck outta that shit.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Will your tv fit in the space between the fireplace and the door?
    If so, tv goes there, couch is parallel to it, loveseat goes on the wall on the other side of the fireplace from the tv.
    Then fit everything else in as seems best.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    uaxcodi0n95c.jpg

LS.jpg 112.2K
    What's that blue thing? The murder weapon?

• Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    Looks like it might be the toilet which would be amazing/awkward.

Bad-Beat wrote: »

What kind of toilets do you use?

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I actually really like our apartment, but its dark and stuff now so I'll post pics tomorrow

• Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    Bad-Beat wrote: »

What kind of toilets do you use?

You ask a question like that, you'd best buy a guy a drink first.

Well I've been drinking. That should count for something.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    That would be so amazing awkward.

It's the camera feature on the website, which I did not move.

Liiya your plan would be totally awesome, only that "wall" where the TV is is actually not a wall but the wraparound kitchen counter! You can kind of see it in the first photograph - it's um, that bottle of 409 is the corner, and then the counter takes a right turn and continues all the way down before it turns into an actual real wall. We maybe could try the TV there anyway but I feel like people in the kitchen would get whiny at not seeing/people walking around the kitchen drunk would bash into it.

Which is a shame cause otherwise that's like, the most workable plan I've seen or arranged.

Chromdom the TV would fit on the north-south wall (that's not actually how the apartment is oriented obviously but we'll roll with it for ease of communication) between the hallway entrance and the fireplace, but orienting the sofa parallel to it against the wall means it'd be... like at best where the green loveseat is in the photo above, which is pretty far away for actual television watching purposes. OR it'd be close enough to actively watch TV but then there's a huge empty nothingness-space between the back of the sofa and the far wall.

It's like the most giant, awkwardly-arranged space.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Guys maybe we should talk about

yonx5x5464s4.jpg

THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.

Liiya if I didn't like you so much I would ban you for that.