As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Trove] just a bit like minecraft

RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
open_blog.jpg
Listen up you geese! There is a new game out called Trove and it is cool and also hip. I am playing it, and you should also be playing it!

Open Beta has begun. It's free, and fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YilnD-w6Rso

Classes:
Knight
554x311_img_Knight.jpg
If you seek truth, justice, and a finely chiseled jaw, unsheathe your sword as a stalwart Knight. Gleaming armor and pointed sword have never looked this square.

Gunslinger
554x311_img_Gunslinger.jpg
When you’re armed with six-shooters, serapes, and a rakishly angled hat, the possibilities are nearly endless… and endlessly handsome.

Fae Trickster
554x311_img_FaeTrickster.jpg
A master of illusion (and the ultimate prankster), the Fae Trickster is ready to beguile and charm your foes. To death.

Dracolyte
554x311_img_Dracolyte.jpg
This staff-wielding engine of destruction is armed to the teeth with Draconic magic, infernal might, and one deadly-adorable Dragon sidekick.

Neon Ninja
554x311_img_Ninja.jpg
Spread terror from the shadows and the light as a Neon Ninja. Hurl shurikens and backstab foes, then flip away as you drop into stealth!

Of note: Neon Ninja and Fae Trickster are currently locked when you start out. These classes can either be purchased with actual monies, or unlocked with currency you earn from playing the game each day.

Gametypes

Adventure
Level your character with a growing range of Classes from the Gunslinger to the upcoming Candy Barbarian. Each Class has unique abilities and play styles to help you vanquish enemies and rake in powerful magic items, gear, world-building blocks, rare trophies, and more!

Explore
The worlds of Trove are full of diverse Biomes, enemies, dungeons, landmarks, and lairs. Whether you’re out for adventure or sight-seeing from one player-created Club World to the next, you’ll be amazed at astounding sights and wondrous creations at every turn.

Create
Build to your heart’s content in massive Club Worlds and in your personal Cornerstone, a home away from home wherever you go. Collect items and gear made by your fellow players or make and submit your own – including items, gear, Dungeons, Lairs and more!

Sound awesome? Wish to play? Go sign up here!

If we get enough people together to play this, we can create a Club and start building stuff in our own club world.

PSN: jfrofl

• Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
    Minecraft, the MMO. Will definitely have to check it out and see what's up.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Sounds like it has more actual *game* in it, right?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Yes, there is some more structured game. I've been having a pretty good time questing and stuff, which if you've played on the G&T minecraft server you'll know I usually gravitate towards building.
    The going around killing things is pretty fun, and I usually do a little bit each day. Especially since there is a daily bar of killing things/questing, that when filled will give you in game currency.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I played for awhile, but the fact that your mine shafts fill in behind you sort of drained all the joy I usually take from digging too greedily and too deep.

What is this I don't even.
    Yeah mining in open world is not a thing that sticks around. As I understand it, if we do a club world things are more permanent. Though I think doing something like that is hardly needed

The original vision for Trove, as I understood it, was that you'd have your "home chunk" that would link up with others. Now it's just a little home house space that is only there when you place it, which really reduced a lot of the joy of creation for me.

Minecraft for me was about building strings of outposts, long roads, crazy deep mines, etc. and sort of "civilizing" an entire world.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    When I first bought into Trove I was super excited. I logged on and played a bit and even talked a few people into buying into it. Unfortunately what I was most excited about had been removed a patch or two before I got into the game. The home worlds.

I sold it to my friends as a way for us to make home worlds and build portals but all of that was gone by the time I got in and talked my friends into playing. I was super sad.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    As I understand it, the club world retains that build your world thing and the stuff you do stays.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    A bit more like Cube World if I'm honest! Fun so far.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Oh, man, a necro. Did this game get any better? It was pretty fun but immensely unfinished the last time we had a bunch of thread activity. I ended up mentality putting it in the pile next to cube world.

Got a hell of a lot more to do in it than Cube World so far. Also that Necro is fun as hell. Your main attack is a death-lazer which helps charge up 'souls', you crap out little baby skeletons with your first ability and can have a bunch of them. Your second ability turns you into a ghost for a tonne of AoE fun and your final ability lets you merge your mini-skellies into a huge skeleton abomination.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    A bit more like Cube World if I'm honest! Fun so far.

You hear from Trove at least once a year.

so nothing like cubeworld at all.

Well it might help that the game is actually released. There doesn't appear to be too many group oriented goals in the game, as far as I'm aware, but as something to dick around with between games its fun.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Cube World guy took the money and fucking RAN.

This game actually has a publisher behind it, so there is some degree of accountability.

YL9WnCY.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Well it might help that the game is actually released. There doesn't appear to be too many group oriented goals in the game, as far as I'm aware, but as something to dick around with between games its fun.

Well, building a Club World with others is probably the best bet for a group-oriented goal so far.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Cube World guy took the money and fucking RAN.

This game actually has a publisher behind it, so there is some degree of accountability.

He recently popped up saying something about still working on it.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    So he took the money, and likes to watch people suffer.