As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2015 Save the Date

• BinaryTBBinaryTB Registered User regular
    djlybs wrote: »
    Agreed and I would imagine that today is the most likely. I could imagine that Wednesday might be the lightest server load day for showclick and onpeak.[/quote]

Out of curiosity, anybody have any idea where the OnPeak and ShowClix servers are physically located?

• cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    12.5% chance it's today, 14.3% chance it's tomorrow.

• monkoshmonkosh NYCRegistered User regular
    cardkid123 wrote: »
    monkosh wrote: »
    They will not release it Thanksgiving week as that would mean if something went wrong, they would have to work over Thanksgiving. So my guess is this week.

Why wouldn't they?its not thanksgiving.

Yeah but if someone/something craps the bed on Monday, everyone will be hand on deck until it is solved completely and make sure it remains intact. In addition, people may already be on vacation for Thanksgiving on that day. So it does not happen before thanksgiving week, it will be in December.

iec5nehi4ot3.png
  • TheGoldenTriforceTheGoldenTriforce Registered User regular
    I would be confused and shocked if it was not this week. Today makes sense

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    it would be really crazy to wait until the end of the month, I too would be shocked if it was not this week. there has NEVER been so little time between badges going on sale and the actual con. they need to get this thing started. maybe they have their stuff down well enough they can do what they need to in this small amount of time, but it's going to get more and more difficult for people who want to plan community events.

here's hoping today is finally the day!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    10:30 est past. Now on to 12

• InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    What's the best site to procure the tickets at? I see Stub Hub has the PAX south tickets on it.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    What's the best site to procure the tickets at? I see Stub Hub has the PAX south tickets on it.

the main pax site, every place else will have a price increase. and it insures you are getting legit tickets directly from pa.
    http://east.paxsite.com/registration just keep hitting refresh like the rest of us

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    It has to be this week. I can't imagine thanksgiving week. If not this week, next week for sure but this week seems the most ideal to avoid snafoos lol. Just please don't be when I'm called away from my desk for 2 hours at a time :(

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    They will not release it Thanksgiving week as that would mean if something went wrong, they would have to work over Thanksgiving. So my guess is this week.

Why wouldn't they?its not thanksgiving.

Yeah but if someone/something craps the bed on Monday, everyone will be hand on deck until it is solved completely and make sure it remains intact. In addition, people may already be on vacation for Thanksgiving on that day. So it does not happen before thanksgiving week, it will be in December.

Thanksgiving isn't next week. So next week can be a possibility.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The only site that officially sells pax tickets is showclix. They are the official partner of PAX. All other sites are resellers and may or may not have actual badges coming to them.

I would recommend Craigslist for tickets because you actually see it in person first. Do your research first to be able to tell if a ticket is real or fake.

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    stubhub is good though cause of the costumer protection gurentee if you for some reason did not get the tickets they would refund you or try to find you another ticket

• GenEdGenEd Registered User regular
    Question, as I am driving. NYC has certain streets you can park on for free, if you know about them that is. (Yes, you do have to fight for parking here as they are almost always full. Others do become available in later hours too) Then you just walk/train it everywhere.. Does Boston have any of these free streets?

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Hi, As someone who works in the secondary ticket market, I can tell you that you are safe with sites like TicketNetwork and Stubhub, They have more protection than Ebay. However, I would be wary of pricing as it is the secondary market and all sales are final. TicketNetwork will refund you 125% if you don't get the tickets in time for the event.

Also due to the fact that many people selling on these secondary sites are brokers who have purchased a POS means that they are more likely to be marked up.

However, I would suggest using PaxPassExchange on reddit. This is where a lot of fans post their passes and for face value (usually.)

DXLJjjr.png
    rascrush wrote: »
    stubhub is good though cause of the costumer protection gurentee if you for some reason did not get the tickets they would refund you or try to find you another ticket
    Most sites can get you a refund if the tickets are fake and do not arrive, but that's not the issue. The issue is buying plane tickets and hotels only to end up in Boston and find out your ticket was fake and you can't get in.

• nsanensane That guy with the face. Registered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    Most sites can get you a refund if the tickets are fake and do not arrive, but that's not the issue. The issue is buying plane tickets and hotels only to end up in Boston and find out your ticket was fake and you can't get in.

Yeah, I find it quite irritating that most plane tickets are not refundable and those that are come at a considerable markup.

wK2XwhV.png
    PAX East 2018: Passes [X], Hotel [X], Airfare [], coin []
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2014
    GenEd wrote: »
    Question, as I am driving. NYC has certain streets you can park on for free, if you know about them that is. (Yes, you do have to fight for parking here as they are almost always full. Others do become available in later hours too) Then you just walk/train it everywhere.. Does Boston have any of these free streets?
    If there are any, they are probably not near downtown and I would expect them to be full. You're better off paying for long term parking at a far away train stop and just taking the train in, if saving money on parking is your issue.

zerzhul on
    I have my popcorn ready

Come on tickets

• tipsy_tommotipsy_tommo Registered User regular
    Everyone in class is discussing the book we had to read for today, and I have my credit card out and the ticket page open xD

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    If there are any, they are probably not near downtown and I would expect them to be full. You're better off paying for long term parking at a far away train stop and just taking the train in, if saving money on parking is your issue.

This so hard. Boston is a pain in the ass.

Personally I park at the Wonderland stop on the blue line (if I'm driving in, since weekend parking isn't that bad there) and take the T to the Airport (off the blue line as well), and then take the silver line shuttle to the Seaport and walk up to the BCEC or wherever I'm staying.

• BinaryTBBinaryTB Registered User regular
    Personally I park at the Wonderland stop on the blue line (if I'm driving in, since weekend parking isn't that bad there) and take the T to the Airport (off the blue line as well), and then take the silver line shuttle to the Seaport and walk up to the BCEC or wherever I'm staying.

Haven't tried it myself, but have you tried parking at the Alewife station instead? Huge parking lot (don't know how it is on weekends). It's on the Redline, so straight shot to South Station, then you can walk to BCEC.

Last time we drove to the hotel and walk to the BCEC. This time I am not sure, the hotel is close to the BCEC this time though

Thank you for the reply. The first year I went was unexpected, tickets literally just randomly given so I just went to the convention w/o accommodations. Luckily everything worked out, but I remember the parking being an extra 90 or so, for middle of the downtown area. Thought I'd ask just to see if I could save anything this yr. If it is unavoidable oh well.

• JoveJove Registered User regular
    Welp, once again.

http://emotibot.net/pix/4644.jpg

I swear, PA are sadist.

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    12.5% chance it's today, 14.3% chance it's tomorrow.
    Predicting PAX ticket sales times is like the weather forecast. I'm calling fog for the next two weeks.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    FYI: most metered spots in Boston are free to park in on Sundays.

Friday will be terrible, because it's a normal day for un-cool people, so they'll be doing their normal un-cool stuff and not being cool like us going to PAX (hidden meaning: no parking ANYWHERE*** unless you arrive super early or arrive after 6pm). Parking at the T lots will also be crowded, again because it's a regular work day for less-than-hip individuals

Saturday is a lot easier, but no free parking. Metered spots have a 2-hour maximum before you run the risk of a ticket.

***Totally over exaggerating, but it's not going to be simple and you'll pay out the wahzoo

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • crowtalescrowtales Registered User regular
    I totally thought this would be today at noon. I blame rkhoo.

edited November 2014
    Well, I'm going with the amount of possible sell days in nov . I'm assuming it's not on a weekend and assuming it's not on the week of thanksgiving (which I still think it could be). That comes out to 8 possible days including today. 1/8= 12.5%

cardkid123 on
    Well, I'm going with the amount of possible sell days in nov . I'm assuming it's not on a weekend and assuming it's not on the week of thanksgiving (which I still think it could be). That comes out to 8 possible days including today. 1/8= 12.5%
    If they really wait until the week after Thanksgiving, that would really suck.

wK2XwhV.png
    edited November 2014
    Thanksgiving is not next week

TheGoldenTriforce on
  • djlybsdjlybs Slayer of the Datas Boston MetroRegistered User regular
    Overnight parking for the weekend will not be cheap. If you factor in gas and such. I would take the amtrak acela express which goes right into south station is about the same cost and a much saner option. Boston is horrible to drive in... this meme is quite accurate... http://imgur.com/gallery/uffaY my 2 cents though

MvyuK6O.png
    edited November 2014
    Thanksgiving is not next week
    That only makes my statement stronger (also, I honestly thought it was the third Thrusday).

nsane on
    wK2XwhV.png
    I would.. but I feel much safer in my own car if that makes any sense. I will gladly pay for my needy ways- but I like the freedom of get up and go. Not get up, go, and wait for the next train. I've never taken Boston metro, but in NYC it is not close to reliable. Do not, I repeat, Do Not trust the schedule. Always come early, very early!

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular

Lol...NO! I can guarantee if you park anywhere in BOSTON proper if your not paying for a meter or have a commercial plate, residential sticker or willing to get kicked in the teeth with the parking fees and you decided to park in a "free" spot you will be picking your car up from the Frontage St tow lot! Even if you think it's a free stop trust me there is are sign(s) somewhere on the block saying no parking form 8am-8am, unless XYX double dolphin. Just park in a garage and pay, it will save to a lot of headache.

Or you can park outside of BP, where where is plenty of free parking and take the T in, but those areas can be sketching in terms of leaving an out of state plated vehicle for long stretches of time.

how do I know...lived in Boston for 30+ years.

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    just keep waiting

• djlybsdjlybs Slayer of the Datas Boston MetroRegistered User regular
    I would.. but I feel much safer in my own car if that makes any sense. I will gladly pay for my needy ways- but I like the freedom of get up and go. Not get up, go, and wait for the next train. I've never taken Boston metro, but in NYC it is not close to reliable. Do not, I repeat, Do Not trust the schedule. Always come early, very early!
    Have you been to Boston/PAX East before?

The T (outside of the green line) comes about every 15 minutes or so during off peak hours in the city proper and if stay at the Westin or around the seaport district then you should be able to get anywhere in the city without an issue. We Bostonians (my case metro-Bostonians) complain about the T a lot. But if we really thought about it, the T is really reliable(minus the green line) and mostly safe and since there is a limited number of stops you don't get the confusion or train delays as the NYC subway can generate.

Heck, south station is about a 10 minute walk to the BCEC/Westin if you don't want to even take anything on the T.

MvyuK6O.png
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It will be Monday that badges go on sale. I'll be on a road trip for work, so it'll happen then.

• oAwesomeAndrewoAwesomeAndrew Registered User regular
    Ticket sales has to be the worst part of a/your PAX trip. As long as you can grab a hotel the waiting is a drag.

Is it March 2015, yet?
  • yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    It will be Monday that badges go on sale. I'll be on a road trip for work, so it'll happen then.

Yeah... I hear you on that! It'll be the one time you aren't stalking the website. This is my fear as well. I wonder if they have read this thread at all and understand our stress levels lol

This discussion has been closed.