As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2015 Save the Date

1111213141517»

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    GenEd wrote: »
    I would.. but I feel much safer in my own car if that makes any sense. I will gladly pay for my needy ways- but I like the freedom of get up and go. Not get up, go, and wait for the next train. I've never taken Boston metro, but in NYC it is not close to reliable. Do not, I repeat, Do Not trust the schedule. Always come early, very early!
    I completely get why you'd want one, but trust me when I say that having a car in Boston is a luxury, which is odd in its own sense considering how much of a royal pain in the ass it is to deal with a car inside of Boston proper. Also keep in mind that Boston is tiny when compared to other big cities. You can walk almost anywhere. Anywhere you can't, there is the T.
    djlybs wrote: »
    the T is really reliable(minus the green line)
    Exactly. The green line BLOWS monkey-goats. It's also important to note that Government Center is closed, so anyone using the Blue Line will need to transfer at State Street. Hmm... maybe a thread should be posted about important travel closures, like this one and have the OP updated.... hmmmmmmm

EDIT: by "hmmmm" I meant maybe I should do that. I didn't mean it in a passive-aggressive manner that someone else should start one

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • TheGoldenTriforceTheGoldenTriforce Registered User regular
    I really hope it is not 3
    That would be really bad

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    October, PA said enjoy your pumpkin lattes, No East tickets til November
    This month, they'll say enjoy your Turkey, No tickets til December
    Next month, they'll say enjoy your Xmas gifts, No tickets til January
    January, they'll say No tickets til after South.

East tickets will go on sale in February. Keep f5ing my friends

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I would.. but I feel much safer in my own car if that makes any sense. I will gladly pay for my needy ways- but I like the freedom of get up and go. Not get up, go, and wait for the next train. I've never taken Boston metro, but in NYC it is not close to reliable. Do not, I repeat, Do Not trust the schedule. Always come early, very early!
    I completely get why you'd want one, but trust me when I say that having a car in Boston is a luxury, which is odd in its own sense considering how much of a royal pain in the ass it is to deal with a car inside of Boston proper. Also keep in mind that Boston is tiny when compared to other big cities. You can walk almost anywhere. Anywhere you can't, there is the T.
    the T is really reliable(minus the green line)
    Exactly. The green line BLOWS monkey-goats. It's also important to note that Government Center is closed, so anyone using the Blue Line will need to transfer at State Street. Hmm... maybe a thread should be posted about important travel closures, like this one and have the OP updated.... hmmmmmmm

Oh the green line! Last year was supposed to arrive at my hotel at 10:30 with enough time to get on 11am shuttle for pax. Green line broke down between the train station and my hotel and I was 30 minutes late to my hotel! The shuttle drive for pax was sooooo cool though, he gave me and my bf 5 minutes to check in and then took us to pax.

If you need a way to travel around the town to pax, the shuttle service is the way to go and it's free. I have nothing but good things to say about it. :)

• Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yea i only took the green line to my hotel from the Train station (airport next year), otherwise i took the shuttle. (except for Friday where i wanted to get into line for the first 2 main theater shows early)

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • djlybsdjlybs Slayer of the Datas Boston MetroRegistered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    it would be really crazy to wait until the end of the month, I too would be shocked if it was not this week. there has NEVER been so little time between badges going on sale and the actual con. they need to get this thing started. maybe they have their stuff down well enough they can do what they need to in this small amount of time, but it's going to get more and more difficult for people who want to plan community events.

here's hoping today is finally the day!
    This year's Prime badges went on sale 93 days before the start of it. We are only at 114 out so....

MvyuK6O.png
  • Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    And on to 3:00..... In the wise words of the ancients. ..I'm getting too old for this. ..

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    The site just took about a minute to load, I got a little excited.. but.. nothing new.

pax%20sig.png
  • GenEdGenEd Registered User regular
    I went to Pax/Boston, in 2013. Friday I drove in, parked at the convention and had an amazing time. Sat/Sun I got a hotel room, lot parked and took the provided bus in and back. Other than the convention center, my hotel, a few pubs and the indian place two blocks or so away from Omni- I didn't look around much. I meant to mind you, it was just really cold.

I'll just pay, nobody wants their car towed. It is the little girl counting quarters in me that will always ask for a cheaper alternative.
    Thank you for all your help.

edited November 2014
    it would be really crazy to wait until the end of the month, I too would be shocked if it was not this week. there has NEVER been so little time between badges going on sale and the actual con. they need to get this thing started. maybe they have their stuff down well enough they can do what they need to in this small amount of time, but it's going to get more and more difficult for people who want to plan community events.

This year's Prime badges went on sale 93 days before the start of it. We are only at 114 out so....

They did mention sometime in November though so, i doubt it will be that late.

I just hope it does not go into December.

Sgt.Mays on

Attending West 2019
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    The site just took about a minute to load, I got a little excited.. but.. nothing new.
    What's funny is that I've gone from "excited" to the panicked "oh crap, did I totally miss the tweet and now I've missed my chance"

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    god i hope its not 3 today I have to work at 4 and that would be really bad would have to make up some excuse of why I am gonna be late

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I've gone from excited to pretty bored now tbh, I just want to get this stress out of the way so I know I actually have something to be excited about.

pax%20sig.png
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular

oops, sorry, i was looking at numbers for something else. also, you just broke my damn heart. PLEASE don't let them wait that long!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    I've gone from excited to pretty bored now tbh, I just want to get this stress out of the way so I know I actually have something to be excited about.

Same, I love going to PAX, but I honestly feel like I'm wasting my days off sitting here refreshing, afraid to step away from the computer to even use the bathroom. It also makes my workday even more stressful since my ability to use my phone or a computer are incredibly limited.

zmYaVYP.png
  • SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Same, I love going to PAX, but I honestly feel like I'm wasting my days off sitting here refreshing, afraid to step away from the computer to even use the bathroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F8bs_THKiY

All problems are solvable with ingenuity and determination!

Satoru on
  • bz_sleeperbz_sleeper Registered User regular
    Question, as I am driving. NYC has certain streets you can park on for free, if you know about them that is. (Yes, you do have to fight for parking here as they are almost always full. Others do become available in later hours too) Then you just walk/train it everywhere.. Does Boston have any of these free streets?

There's a long-term parking around Logan Airport that charge about $20/day and offer 24-hour shuttle buses to the airport where you can then catch the Silver Line (free from the airport) to BCEC or area hotels. The airport is basically one stop from the BCEC. You might want to check these out to see if they work rather than paying for parking at a hotel itself which can be at least $35/day. When I traveled on business (3 days), we left the car here: http://loganbostonairportparking.com/

• nsanensane That guy with the face. Registered User regular
    Got my hopes up for a second when my phone went off. Just a picture of a nutcracker. . .

wK2XwhV.png
    PAX East 2018: Passes [X], Hotel [X], Airfare [], coin []
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I think he was... busting our balls.

• WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    Jesus got a text notification from Robert Khoo and had a heart attack

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
    edited November 2014
    Wolfiee wrote: »
    Jesus got a text notification from Robert Khoo and had a heart attack

Same lol, was in game and alt tabbed in like half a second.

Maybe Robert is testing our response times, do not let your guards down!.

Sgt.Mays on

Attending West 2019
  • WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    Robert's a jerk.

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
    GOGOGOGOGO!

Attending West 2019
  • TheGoldenTriforceTheGoldenTriforce Registered User regular
    YES

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    They're up..but can't find hotel link.

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    site seems to be crashed. In the queue via the twitter link can't find hotel link either

DXLJjjr.png
  • blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    site down, link?

This discussion has been closed.