As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

East 2015 Q&A Thread

• shepdshepd Registered User regular
    Huh, only 4 people maximum this year, not 5. Fortunately my group is a lot smaller this year (several decided not to go as they didn't enjoy the last PAX so much). Sorry if I mislead people, I just know what happened last time!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah given the most recent paxes, it was pretty likely it was going to be 4. Also Q&A only in here please :)

• DominoDomino Keizen Mikazuki New York, NYRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    The address is wrong for my ticket orders, is there a way I can fix this online? I don't see any such form. I also accidentally bought 3 sets instead of two (damn my twitch finger) but I understand the policy on refunds. Let me know if there's anything I can do about that.

Domino on
    tFh5HdJ.png
  • shepdshepd Registered User regular
    Go to the showclix website, click "My Tickets". Log in. Find "PAX East 2015". Click "Change Address".

Domino wrote: »
    The address is wrong for my ticket orders, is there a way I can fix this online? I don't see any such form. I also accidentally bought 3 sets instead of two (damn my twitch finger) but I understand the policy on refunds. Let me know if there's anything I can do about that.
    Info on how to fix that is in the OP of the registration thread.

For trying to change the order itself, contact pax_questions@paxsite.com

• DominoDomino Keizen Mikazuki New York, NYRegistered User regular
    Got it. Also good news; the address was right in the system, but not in the email. Not sure why I'm having so much trouble this year XD

tFh5HdJ.png
    Yeah it's possible that showclix is going through and fixing those issues for people who had problems.

• HourlyBHourlyB Registered User new member
    Does anybody know if it is possible to change the delivery address?
    I accidentally entered the wrong ZIP code, so I would like to fix that ASAP.

• tipsy_tommotipsy_tommo Registered User regular
    HourlyB wrote: »
    Does anybody know if it is possible to change the delivery address?
    I accidentally entered the wrong ZIP code, so I would like to fix that ASAP.

You can log into your ShowClix account and fix it!

• InscrutableGamerInscrutableGamer IDLE ACCOUNT Registered User regular
    Well, this is what I get for doing community service on a Wednesday. My phone had just been shut off when they dropped and I barely got three individual day passes.

Now for all that hype - up or down from this point forward?

PAX East 2015: Passes For All Days [X] -- Free Time [X] -- Pass For Girlfriend [X] -- Hype [X]
    PAX EAST 2015 IS A GO!
  • WhoDatBeWhoDatBe Registered User new member
    If I bring a laptop, will there be a network I can connect to so I can play on the LAN?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    WhoDatBe wrote: »
    If I bring a laptop, will there be a network I can connect to so I can play on the LAN?

You will need to purchase a BYOC pass to have access to that area.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • inkypiginkypig Registered User new member
    So when I was able to buy my passes, the 3 day passes were marked as 'sold out' so I bought an individual pass for each of the 3 days. Well 5 minutes later my buddy said he got a 3 day pass, so I refreshed, and sure enough was able to get one. My question is this, if I have EXTRA passes (one for each day) how would PAX officials prefer I go about selling it to someone else? Is there a trusted forum on here for that? Not trying to make extra money, will just sell at cost.

• InscrutableGamerInscrutableGamer IDLE ACCOUNT Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    WhoDatBe wrote: »

There is a local wifi connection, but the locked BYOC connection is either entirely Ethernet or the password is only given out when you buy a BYOC pass (I don't know the details of this process, sorry).

Chances are you won't be able to play on the same network as the BYOC people, but you should be able to play SOME sort of LAN game if you find a quiet place to sit with your laptop.
    Fair warning: I found this out the hard way last year. Power outlets, at least on the upper floors, are few and far between, and usually taken up by phone or handheld console chargers. Be vigilant.

On a different note, is that guy (whoever he is) gonna update his magical sell-out date spreadsheet? (I've seen the link circulated a few times, anybody mind re-posting it here?)

InscrutableGamer on
    PAX East 2015: Passes For All Days [X] -- Free Time [X] -- Pass For Girlfriend [X] -- Hype [X]
    PAX EAST 2015 IS A GO!
    BYOC is entirely ethernet

inkypig wrote: »
    So when I was able to buy my passes, the 3 day passes were marked as 'sold out' so I bought an individual pass for each of the 3 days. Well 5 minutes later my buddy said he got a 3 day pass, so I refreshed, and sure enough was able to get one. My question is this, if I have EXTRA passes (one for each day) how would PAX officials prefer I go about selling it to someone else? Is there a trusted forum on here for that? Not trying to make extra money, will just sell at cost.
    There is no trusted way to do so, and it cannot be done via these forums. The best way is to sell it to a friend for face. You could always try contacting pax_questions@paxsite.com in hopes of a refund instead, but that doesn't happen often.

• UnnDunnUnnDunn New York, NYRegistered User regular
    Is it me, or was there no "Consider me for an Omeganaut spot" checkbox this time around?

Is the Omegathon still happening?

• cinefylcinefyl Registered User new member
    Just wondering - I bought 4 passes for me and family member (2 fri, 2 sat) - I know I can only buy 4 per day per the rules.

Does anyone know if my other family member could buy 2 more on his credit card? Would that violate the rules and get us to lose everything?

Thanks

• chinoryuchinoryu Registered User new member
    A quick question: are we allowed to make multiple orders? I ordered one single day pass but have decided I would like to buy one more. It would be going to the same address and everything as the first one.

edited November 2014
    UnnDunn wrote: »
    Is it me, or was there no "Consider me for an Omeganaut spot" checkbox this time around?

There will likely be a separate signup later on.

zerzhul on
    cinefyl wrote: »
    Just wondering - I bought 4 passes for me and family member (2 fri, 2 sat) - I know I can only buy 4 per day per the rules.

Does anyone know if my other family member could buy 2 more on his credit card? Would that violate the rules and get us to lose everything?

Thanks
    you have only bought 2 per day. That doesn't violate the rules. You *should* be able to get 2 more on a different card, but you can always email pax_questions@paxsite.com for an official answer.

chinoryu wrote: »
    A quick question: are we allowed to make multiple orders? I ordered one single day pass but have decided I would like to buy one more. It would be going to the same address and everything as the first one.
    Yes.

• UnnDunnUnnDunn New York, NYRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    UnnDunn wrote: »

There will likely be a separate signup later on.

Cool, thanks.

• cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    My friend bought 4 Friday and 4 Sunday. Can he still buy 4 Saturday during the resale?

cardkid123 wrote: »
    My friend bought 4 Friday and 4 Sunday. Can he still buy 4 Saturday during the resale?
    If there is one, yes.

• Marg0Marg0 Portland, MERegistered User regular
    Was looking to see if I could see last years shuttle schedule to see what hotels had the service, because I wanted to use it as a guide for where to stay. I couldn't find it, but will t be similar to the way it was then? Also, does anyone have that schedule?

• animeman75animeman75 Massachusetts Registered User regular
    My friends and I have started up a Podcast on Twitch that is taking off decently fast. Around 300 people tuned in over a three hour period and we were wondering what our numbers would have to reach in order to qualify for Media passes?

Ignorance is arrogance as time is but a dime and i don't know where im going with this.
    animeman75 wrote: »
    My friends and I have started up a Podcast on Twitch that is taking off decently fast. Around 300 people tuned in over a three hour period and we were wondering what our numbers would have to reach in order to qualify for Media passes?
    If you go to the south registration page, the media info is there for PAX South anyhow. It will likely be very similar for PAX East.
    http://south.paxsite.com/registration

• TheGoldenTriforceTheGoldenTriforce Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if the PAX East Train Alliance will be a thing this year?

• animeman75animeman75 Massachusetts Registered User regular
    If you go to the south registration page, the media info is there for PAX South anyhow. It will likely be very similar for PAX East.
    All it says is that Podcasters have to state their names in the first 30 seconds, unlike Youtubers where there is a set amount of subscribers.. Well I guess we'll apply sometime a little after when they come out so that we can improve a little and see if we can get them.

Ignorance is arrogance as time is but a dime and i don't know where im going with this.
    All it says is that Podcasters have to state their names in the first 30 seconds, unlike Youtubers where there is a set amount of subscribers.. Well I guess we'll apply sometime a little after when they come out so that we can improve a little and see if we can get them.
    That's only part of it. Keep reading, where it says company letterhead, business card, etc, and the media reg form itself.

• rascalrascal Registered User regular

Thanks
    you have only bought 2 per day. That doesn't violate the rules. You *should* be able to get 2 more on a different card, but you can always email pax_questions@paxsite.com for an official answer.

Here's a tricky situation: unbeknownst to each other, my husband and I each purchased passes! He bought four 3-day passes, while I was able to buy only six single-day passes (mix of Friday & Saturday). It turns out that we did use different credit cards, but our shipping address, phone number and last name are the same. Will our transactions be cancelled? I'm reluctant to pose the question to the paxsite, for fear that it will flag our transactions.

• BarrykinsBarrykins Registered User new member
    Is there a huge difference between the 3-day pass and buying a set of 1-day passes for each day? The ticket website glitched on me while I had me 3-day pass in the cart. I did manage to get all 3 1-day passes though. Do I miss much?

Barrykins wrote: »
    Is there a huge difference between the 3-day pass and buying a set of 1-day passes for each day? The ticket website glitched on me while I had me 3-day pass in the cart. I did manage to get all 3 1-day passes though. Do I miss much?
    There is literally no difference at the show other than needing to remember which badge to wear which day.

rascal wrote: »

Thanks

Here's a tricky situation: unbeknownst to each other, my husband and I each purchased passes! He bought four 3-day passes, while I was able to buy only six single-day passes (mix of Friday & Saturday). It turns out that we did use different credit cards, but our shipping address, phone number and last name are the same. Will our transactions be cancelled? I'm reluctant to pose the question to the paxsite, for fear that it will flag our transactions.
    There's no way to know that without an official answer, sorry.

• RastRast Keene NHRegistered User regular
    rascal wrote: »

Thanks

I did almost the same thing with my wife. I just shot an email to pax_questions@paxsite.com as it is better to let someone known the mistake and fix it as opposed to being flagged and have them (cough) fix it for me.
    PAX is too important to be left to chance.

Pax East 2015: Hotel [X] Passes [X] PokeCrawl [ ] Pure Joy [X]
  • rascalrascal Registered User regular
    ^Thanks Rast & Zerzhul -- I'll email paxsite.

• TheGoldenTriforceTheGoldenTriforce Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if the PAX East Train Alliance will be a thing this year?
    No response or..

• SignlightSignlight Registered User new member
    Hotel Question- planning on attending Friday and Sunday due to missing passes, but I am very much looking to heed the call for enforcers should it be made. Should I reserve a hotel now? Just not sure because I don't want to reserve if I am only attending since I live an hour by automobile from Boston... Either way, very excited as always to see East from either side of the con.

• caerulean_bluecaerulean_blue Registered User regular
    Signlight wrote: »
    Hotel Question- planning on attending Friday and Sunday due to missing passes, but I am very much looking to heed the call for enforcers should it be made. Should I reserve a hotel now? Just not sure because I don't want to reserve if I am only attending since I live an hour by automobile from Boston... Either way, very excited as always to see East from either side of the con.

Not to encourage unnecessary hotel reservations but OnPeak does allow for cancellations and they don't charge you at booking.