As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] of the [chat]

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I fired up the YouTube app on 360 to play Too Many Cooks

About two minutes in, husband said,

"Okay, I think I'm done."

Me: "Nope."

Husband: "No. Really. I'm done."

Me: "No." *tucks Xbox controller behind me.*
    And this is how Feral got evicted.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    skippy how goes it.

Also Im going to see Interstellar and Big Hero 6 in the next few weeks likely

heroes of the storm is pretty fun

babby is tomorrow

this possible snow is fucking with my plans

how u

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    dear ipad, stop taking up 5 fucking gigs for "other"

if that's the OS or some shit, tell me that

if it isn't, let me delete that shit

you fuck!

I'm sorry skippy but the computing public had 30 years to learn how to work a computer with an exposed, hierarchical file system. They did not. In 2010 they were still saying things like "the paper I wrote is gone from my word" when it disappeared from the recent documents list. They would regularly "lose" files by forgetting where documents are stored or place everything on the desktop Because the file browser in the save dialog was "too confusing".

This is what you all get now. This is the computing experience you all deserve. A sealed, non-maintainable file system where sometimes 5GB of "other" gets stuck somewhere.

Sincerely,

Every frog rammer

Frog Rammer?

one who rams frogs

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    u acting liek i haven't played ck2? I'll hook you in the gabba.

When we're explaining CK2 to a person, it doesn't really help explain things to link EU4.
    games are more or less the same in that they are spreadsheet strategy games where you acquire provinces and upgrade them to earn more money to spend that money on your armry and send mans to fight mans so you can acquire more provinces

Ehhhhh. Not really. The focus of CK2 is managing your character's position, and your dynasty. Your kingdom is only a tool to help you accomplish this. EU4, managing the country is the game, with your dynasty and king being unimportant for almost everything. I mean, if you squint, yeah they are the same, but the overall scope and the way each Paradox game plays is really different.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    if you lose control of your country in ck2 you are bad at the game

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    if you lose control of your country in ck2 you are bad at the game

Depends on how much you are roleplaying, and how much you are being gamey.

See Wiz's LPs.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Why don't I have this game already?

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular

you fuck!

I'm sorry skippy but the computing public had 30 years to learn how to work a computer with an exposed, hierarchical file system. They did not. In 2010 they were still saying things like "the paper I wrote is gone from my word" when it disappeared from the recent documents list. They would regularly "lose" files by forgetting where documents are stored or place everything on the desktop Because the file browser in the save dialog was "too confusing".

This is what you all get now. This is the computing experience you all deserve. A sealed, non-maintainable file system where sometimes 5GB of "other" gets stuck somewhere.

Sincerely,

Every frog rammer

Frog Rammer?

Someone was posting here a few months back on their phone. They typed in "programmer", it got auto corrected to "frog rammer".

And a bold new era began.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    ... i don't know if they were trying to be ironic but a lot of the people who were saying that you can only say inane things on twitter were doing so with posts that would fit in 1 tweet... maybe two.
    I get around this by padding my shorter thoughts with other text

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    If you find that CK2 is to your enjoyment, it's really one of the best dollar-to-time ratio games on the market right now. I mean, hell, I've sunk *checks Steam* 227 hours into it and I've only gotten to the end of the game once!

Their expansions are kind of Civ5ish, in that they add lots of stuff to the game that just makes it... more! Earlier start dates, more religions and cultures, more historical dynasties...

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    A good neighbour would come with refreshments

ftOqU21.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »

you fuck!

Sincerely,

Every frog rammer

Frog Rammer?

Someone was posting here a few months back on their phone. They typed in "programmer", it got auto corrected to "frog rammer".

I ram every frog

hydrating drinks, light snacks, extra condoms and some paper towels

ftOqU21.png

you fuck!

Sincerely,

Every frog rammer

Frog Rammer?

According to google there are such things as frog rammers.

I think they're like jack hammers or something.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I'm not sure about Ubuntu's tagline

1PeuuTs.png?1

Can Linux users really be considered human beings

edited November 2014
    i spent 1000+ hours on eu2 and have enjoyed each successive paradox strategy game less and less* because paradox doesn't understand what makes their games fun
    *ck2 is ok

P10 on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    How does multiplayer CK2 even work?

wandering wrote: »

1PeuuTs.png?1

The only way to deal with these kinds of insults is to

% emotions > /dev/null/

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

you fuck!

Sincerely,

Every frog rammer

but I am a frog rammer now

or at least an apprentice

give me the keys to the kingdom

tell me the secrets

don't buy apple products

Seriously.

Apple treats programs and files with the same attitude it treats users. Follow the exact path we have laid out or you will be shunned.

Did your music file offend Steve Jobs somehow? While congratulations, now iOS hates it and won't speak to it. Ever.

shryke on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

1PeuuTs.png?1

The only way to deal with these kinds of insults is to

% emotions > /dev/null/

-bash: emotions: command not found

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    How does multiplayer CK2 even work?
    you set the time to run at 2 or 3 speed instead of 5 and don't let people pause
    and engage in gentlemans agreements not to break the game in half

you fuck!

Sincerely,

Every frog rammer

Frog Rammer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs0IoOtrffU

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    There's also a video of a monkey frog ramming. It's very impressive.

you fuck!

Sincerely,

Every frog rammer

Frog Rammer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs0IoOtrffU

10 Hour Frogrammer remix plz

edited November 2014
    Why don't I have this game already?

Alright, before you buy the game, there are some DLCs that add so much that they should be considered base requirements. Namely, Legacy of Rome adds Retinues, which are amazing. The Old Gods adds just a generalized ton of content to the game. Sons of Abraham adds some nice quality of life stuff, and mainly compliments other DLC.

The other DLCs are interesting, but are basically fairly self contained. The Republics is for if you want to play as a republic, Sword of Islam is if you want to play as a Muslim, Sunset Invasion is if you want West Europe to be hit by mongol-esque Aztec hordes, Rajas of India is if you want to play as an Indian leader.

I can't tell you about the newest DLC since I can't play CK2 with my current computer. :(

Cinders on
    ... i don't know if they were trying to be ironic but a lot of the people who were saying that you can only say inane things on twitter were doing so with posts that would fit in 1 tweet... maybe two.

The quote system, the need to be on topic and the linear structure of a forum enforces context and posts can be hella long if needed.

What I searched: Monkey Frog Ram
    What google found: Monkey Rapes Frog

Did it find anything?

Oh, if you want an easy start to learn how to play the game, play as someone in Ireland in the 1066 start.

DO NOT PLAY IN IRELAND IN THE OLD GODS START TIME VIKINGS WILL EAT YOU

I hear my neighbour's vibrating cell phone alarm super clearly

ftOqU21.png
    shryke wrote: »

Did it find anything?

Yeah, that wasn't an autocorrect/"did you mean..."

That was literally what the goog found.

Did it find anything?

Was .... was it hot?

That chimp/frog video is the proof that the universe is a cold, uncaring place and that any creator deity died a long long time ago.

Did it find anything?

Was .... was it hot?

ugh, what a mess

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    @Feral‌

how do you and the gang feel about

Smash.....

Two goats enter, one car leaves
    edited November 2014

Did it find anything?

Was .... was it hot?

ugh, what a mess

Well, obviously.

I mean, there's just not enough frog there to ..... you know ..... catch it all.

shryke on
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Some day I'd like to learn how to really ram a frog, for now I'm content fiddling with pre-rammed stuff.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay

Did it find anything?

I mean, that is what I was referring to...

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Some day I'd like to learn how to really ram a frog

Pretty sure it's illegal in most states.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

This discussion has been closed.