As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of the [chat]

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    After eight whiskies your chance of an accident is twenty five times higher than the usual.

This important fact brought to you by the first public warning on drink driving in the UK

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    After eight whiskies your chance of an accident is twenty five times higher than the usual.

This important fact brought to you by the first public warning on drink driving in the UK

That's terrifying

Better have another whisky to steady one's nerves

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

That's terrifying

Better have another whisky to steady one's nerves

Wash it down with a clean, white spirit

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    why hello there, Batman (1989) on Instant Watch

fancy seeing you here

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It also suggested that those uppity wives stopped asking their husbands to drive them places. Because those noble husbands were likely to be hammered at all hours of the day.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Heading to the vet soon to see Trent and sort out getting him cremated. :(

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    why hello there, Batman (1989) on Instant Watch

fancy seeing you here

Where does he get those wonderful Instant Watch videos?

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    shryke was warned for this.
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    A98X3EE.png
    z4gkUMA.gif
    ]

Moral of Story: Fuck all coffee. Do not drink.
    Note: "Fuck all coffee" is used as an expression here. Do not actually fuck coffee. Solvents that can dissolve a cup are unlikely to be good for your dick. Also, probably extremely hot.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Jesus fucking Christ why the sodding hell would Yodel think delivering a package at half eight in the evening is acceptable? And at a business address. So why not try again the next day with an estimated delivery time of 12:00 to 21:00?

Utter cunts.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Jesus fucking Christ why the sodding hell would Yodel think delivering a package at half eight in the evening is acceptable? And at a business address. So why not try again the next day with an estimated delivery time of 12:00 to 21:00?

Utter cunts.

Bunch of supposedly neutral nazi-gold-hiding fuckers.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Utter cunts.

My only contact with Yodel so far was them trying to deliver an package to my house (123 Fakerton Drive) when the label on the package clearly said 103 Fakerton Drive

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    evilbob wrote: »
    Heading to the vet soon to see Trent and sort out getting him cremated. :(

@evilbob Oh shit, I hadn't heard something had happened to Trent. I'm sorry :(

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    @syndalis something randomly came to mind - have you learned anything about compund words?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    rubbing chin thoughtfully

winding up pulling out what few hairs there are

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I should check out Vagrant or some other VM thingie for my local dev environment.

• Options
    They're consistently rated as the worst delivery company in the country. And I guess the cheapest, otherwise Amazon wouldn't use them. But for fucks sake, delivering parcels after 5pm as a matter of course is insane.

Their phone line says they don't deliver to business addresses after 5:30. Bull fucking shit.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

Utter cunts.

My only contact with Yodel so far was them trying to deliver an package to my house (123 Fakerton Drive) when the label on the package clearly said 103 Fakerton Drive

f8WXd0Q.png

RMS, I am having trouble stalking you, are you sure that you do not live at one of those Harry Potter ½ addresses?

A fine corker of a joke, sir. Well done.

Gim on
  • Options
    Fantastic. Tracking the package on their website shows the company name on the delivery address. Phone up, ask why my package isn't being treated as a business delivery that should be done before 5:30. We can't see the business name. But it's there on the website when I track the package. But we can't see it. But its there. I AM LOOKING AT IT RIGHT NOW ON YOUR WEBSITE.

Computer says no.

I want to fire this entire company into the sun.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    delivery companies are run by subhumans

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Fantastic. Tracking the package on their website shows the company name on the delivery address. Phone up, ask why my package isn't being treated as a business delivery that should be done before 5:30. We can't see the business name. But it's there on the website when I track the package. But we can't see it. But its there. I AM LOOKING AT IT RIGHT NOW ON YOUR WEBSITE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThTwl1HrFi4

I want to fire this entire company into the sun.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    DA: I looks pretty good

someone give me an eight-word-or-less summary of DA2

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Didn't know DA was an Eddy preening simulator.

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »

One city, nifty combat, decent writing, re-used assets.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    sounds great i'll pick it up

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Echo - something grammatical about compund words has been bugging me. Or rather, that i dont know what to call it to find the rules for it.

Not the ones like blåbær where almost always they referanse to something more specific - blueberries are more specific than blue berries

Or like symaskin vs sy maskin - sowing machine versus (i am) sowing (a) machine

But like the ones who are like, sammensette, sette sammen, identical in meaning and oooh of course compund verbs that it

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options

A game? The first sequel to Dragon Age!

• Options
    Kalkino wrote: »

What about Dragon Age Awakening?

• Options
    Faced with examples i realize that yeah most of those have slightly different meanings

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Like look over and overlook

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    (i was doing math, can you tell that it bored me?)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Some days I would like to get hold of everyone in the world who thinks private companies are naturally more efficient and better for the customer and burn down everything they love.

• Options
    Yesterday was pretty amazing for science.

• Options
    Kalkino wrote: »

What about Dragon Age Awakening?

Its all about ethics in game journalism?

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I never finished DA2 because halfway through it EA decided that I didn't have access to the prince DLC and my savegame wouldn't load because it said "you do not have authorization to the prince dlc"

I can't buy the prince DLC and add it to my account because I already own that dlc, it's listed in my owned dlc list

my only option is to pirate the game because EA support hasn't been helpful, and I didnt enjoy it that much anyway so I said fuck it

• Options
    BAT-THOUGHTS

Where did all the terrible habits in the past decade-plus of superhero movies come from? The mandatory, formulaic origin story movies where the hero doesn't suit up until the last shot of the movie or whatever. They certainly didn't get it from Burton's Batman.

Scene 1. A pair of thugs rob a couple in a scene cleverly mirroring what happened to the Waynes, except BATMAN shows up and KICKS ONE THROUGH A DOOR and then goes "I'm Batman." before DROPPING THE OTHER OFF THE ROOF. That's me getting my movie ticket's worth in scene fucking 1.

For a big budget movie produced by Jon Peters, the plot is surprisingly solid. The first five or six scenes are incredibly efficient:
    - Batman shows up
    - Arli$$ the reporter is trying to investigate Batman, but a corrupt cop tells him to take a hike. The cop meets Jack Nicholson in an alley to collect a bribe.
    - The mayor and the DA are trying to get tough on crime and are going after the crime boss's businesses
    - Jack Nicholson is the crime boss's right-hand man and is sleeping with his girlfriend, but she worries the boss knows
    - Vicky Vale joins the newsroom staff and teams up with Arli$$ to investigate Batman and gets them tickets to Bruce Wayne's party, where the commisioner will be
    - The boss sends Jack Nicholson to clean out incriminating evidence from one of his businesses, a chemical factory, then rats him out to the corrupt cop

Everything just moves smoothly along and makes straightforward sense. It's such a contrast to the things you see where there are like six dudes credited as screenwriter. The only time I'm really left guessing as to what's going on is when I, adult Jacob, wonder how Jack Nicholson/Joker suddenly starts getting a hold of killer joy buzzers, Joker-branded purple cars, and acid-spraying flowers, but whatever.

I love that Joker has his own dance troupe. If you were stupid rich and vain in the 1980s, you'd want to be ready to shoot a music video at any time and any place. It makes sense.

Nicholson's Joker is also just a great caricature of a bloated, aging, corrupt yuppie capitalist. He's a preening fashion plate, he's media-savvy, he plays PR games with Batman and the city, he affects the airs of a rarefied aesthete, and he's pretty openly misogynist. He's the 4-color version of American Psycho.

Keaton is pensive and withdrawn but thrums with this inner energy or mania. Unlike Bale, who seemed to kind of fade into the background of his own movies sometimes, Keaton absolutely commands the screen in his own way. He also projects genuine intelligence, which is a really rare trait in an actor. You can see him sizing up everyone he meets and every room he enters.

Kim Basinger really is beautiful. Like, at ten I couldn't really appreciate it, but wow. Sometimes super-theatrical costuming tends to overpower actresses and they just disappear into their clothes, but the stuff they found for her is just great. There's this sequence where she's in a black peacoat and beret and big wide black sunglasses so the only things you really see are a bit of alabaster neck, bright red lips, and atomic-blonde hair framed against this utterly black clothing and it's just stunning.

Interestingly, the movie treats Batman as a mystery, sort of? Like, if you had no prior knowledge of the character and were also thick enough to not pick up on any of the hints or clues, you could get up to halfway through the movie before learning that the weird rich dude is also the guy in the bat costume.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    DA:I seems cool

but I do not have the cash money to throw at it

• Options
    Competition creates efficiency - private sector doesn't guarantee effektive competition

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Jacob you missed the most important bat-part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtZynXJEIjw

• Options
    Mister Kosh would it be safe to say that in your analysis of portrayals of Superhero Nemeses you

Love that Joker?

• Options
    BAT DANCE

This discussion has been closed.