As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] of the [chat]

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Elki wrote: »
    That gave me the idea of googling "computer built into desk" so I did, and was satisfied.

What about a computer built into a Desc?

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    It's not targeted at you. There's a whole shadow realm populated entirely by Christian-lifestyle music, movies, and books. It's always amazing to me how something can be well known by tens of millions of Americans and still be something I've never heard of.

That's fair, and target demographics are important to consider when pondering a movie's merits.

But still

Oh no no I don't mean to say it has merits. Basically 100% of the stuff that's specifically produced for Christian consumption in the US is so neutered and terrible it's depressing.

kirk-camerons-saving-christmas.png

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    @Elki @syndalis‌

Bought'd. Went with the Kinect-less version; got the AC:U bundle. Will look into this Destiny thing. :)

kick ass - and anyways, down the road if you decide you want the kinect you can pick them up on craigslist and ebay pretty cheap as people unloaded them.

welcome to the party!

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Diplo has made his opinions on booty quite clear

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I know I have issues but the idea of sharing passwords with anyone is just such an alien idea.

you don't actually need to share passwords for this to work. you sign in on his box and type it in there. then you can make it forget after you buy the game.

the game is owned on that console and tied to your account.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    It's not targeted at you. There's a whole shadow realm populated entirely by Christian-lifestyle music, movies, and books. It's always amazing to me how something can be well known by tens of millions of Americans and still be something I've never heard of.

That's fair, and target demographics are important to consider when pondering a movie's merits.

But still

Oh no no I don't mean to say it has merits. Basically 100% of the stuff that's specifically produced for Christian consumption in the US is so neutered and terrible it's depressing.

Photoshop. For when Kirk Cameron absolutely has to look like Joel McHale. Accept no substitutes.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

does katy perry even have a booty?

*investigates*

But still

Photoshop. For when Kirk Cameron absolutely has to look like Joel McHale. Accept no substitutes.

He reminds me of Charlie Day in that poster.

Looks like something the Always Sunny crew could come up with.

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    wait that poster is real?

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

*investigates*

apparently she had a waterslide accident that involved open air booty.

I cannot even imagine a life under that level of microscope.

Rich, but not famous.

that's the dream.

SW-4158-3990-6116

Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqG1Hafyhhk

IMDB
    Kirk is enjoying the annual Christmas party extravaganza thrown by his sister until he realizes he needs to help out Christian, his brother-in-law who has a bad case of the bah-humbugs. Kirk's fresh look at Christmas provides Christian the chance to see Christ is where He has always been: at the center of our Christmas celebrations and traditions.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    syndalis wrote: »

*investigates*

apparently she had a waterslide accident that involved open air booty.

I cannot even imagine a life under that level of microscope.

Rich, but not famous.

that's the dream.

Or famous but rich enough to have all the paparazzi that snap pics of you drawn and quartered.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Good Good.

That feel when someone you've had sex with let's you know that someone they had sex with prior to having sex with you had sex with someone who just revealed that they've been HIV+ for a while.

steam_sig.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Yep. Real film too. Comes out tomorrow.

Trailer:

IMDB
    Kirk is enjoying the annual Christmas party extravaganza thrown by his sister until he realizes he needs to help out Christian, his brother-in-law who has a bad case of the bah-humbugs. Kirk's fresh look at Christmas provides Christian the chance to see Christ is where He has always been: at the center of our Christmas celebrations and traditions.

Subtle that is not.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I used to love diplo but his increasingly douchey ways combined with his pretty shitty treatment of a fellow dj and a healthy dose of katy perry jealousy is rolling it back

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    @Thomamelas‌ on the subject of strong passwords, all the encryption in the world won't save you when your password is your cats name followed by 123...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2014/11/13/jeremy_hammond_used_his_cat_s_name_as_the_password_to_his_encrypted_computer.html

Are there any 4x games for iOS that are not Civ Rev and not set in space?

Good Good.

That feel when someone you've had sex with let's you know that someone they had sex with prior to having sex with you had sex with someone who just revealed that they've been HIV+ for a while.

I mean, for sure get checked. It is the responsible thing to do.

But also, take comfort in knowing that even if you were unprotected, the odds of it having passed to you are less than 1% out of less than 1% unless the sex was really rough or involved anal.

Still, scary as fuck. Sorry, dude.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

why no space

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Whoever guesses my plans for the evening gets a cookie

Is it to not actually send cookies to anybody?

a hint: try the first thing you think of
    @syndalis something randomly came to mind - have you learned anything about compund words?

@Abdhyius‌ nooope. Everything has been single word stuff thus far, except for maybe I am guessing "smørbrød" since I learned that brød = bread.

Well the rules for that kind of compound words are easy - blåbær is more specific than blå bær (blueberries is more specific than blue berries)

Otherwise the rules are mainly about avoiding splitting words that shouldn't be Split

Its like an extra possible malady in addition to greengrocer's apostrophe - instead of seiling ananasbiter your labelling is a warning that ananas biter

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png

Yep. Real film too. Comes out tomorrow.

I just watched that trailer I posted. I certainly said "Jesus Christ" when it was finished.

Kirk Cameron basically makes a pretty decent living just doing Christian films.
    @Thomamelas‌ on the subject of strong passwords, all the encryption in the world won't save you when your password is your cats name followed by 123...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2014/11/13/jeremy_hammond_used_his_cat_s_name_as_the_password_to_his_encrypted_computer.html

My passwords aren't family member's names, favorite movies, former pets names and so forth. I do tend to love the sentence as password idea.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    That gave me the idea of googling "computer built into desk" so I did, and was satisfied.

What about a computer built into a Desc?

tbWscerl.jpg

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Calling the brother who needs to learn the Christian message about Christmas Christian feels a little on the nose. I'm sure the rest of the movie is as subtle.

mrflippy wrote: »
    Whoever guesses my plans for the evening gets a cookie

Is it to not actually send cookies to anybody?

a hint: try the first thing you think of
    @syndalis something randomly came to mind - have you learned anything about compund words?

@Abdhyius‌ nooope. Everything has been single word stuff thus far, except for maybe I am guessing "smørbrød" since I learned that brød = bread.

Well the rules for that kind of compound words are easy - blåbær is more specific than blå bær (blueberries is more specific than blue berries)

Otherwise the rules are mainly about avoiding splitting words that shouldn't be Split

Its like an extra possible malady in addition to greengrocer's apostrophe - instead of seiling ananasbiter your labelling is a warning that ananas biter

where does herfra and fra her fall into all of this? Not at all?

SW-4158-3990-6116

*changes password to [cat]321*

Phew.

• mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Calling the brother who needs to learn the Christian message about Christmas Christian feels a little on the nose. I'm sure the rest of the movie is as subtle.

Now I'm hoping his last name is Everyman

Also Kirk Cameron went off the deep end. I blame Alan Thicke.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    My password will never be guessed...

because it's literally "password". all the time. every time.

Vanguard wrote: »

why no space

I don't like the "explore and settle planets, build heavily customized ships* model of 4x game.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

From Reddit:
    "When I was younger a whole bunch of guys were coming towards me and they wanted to kick my butt. I took a swing with my left arm and knocked a guy out, not a second later I took a swing with my right arm and knocked another guy out. They left me alone after that."
    "Sure, Grandpa. I believe you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_U6RGt8V88

It's like The Grinch Who Stole Christmas Using The First Amendment

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular

Trailer:

IMDB

Jesus Christ

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    tattoos are the coolest

also piercings and crazy colour hair

let's kill all olds and make these things acceptable in traditional old careers like law and politics

some girl posted this on fb (i can post this, it doesn't show her face)

i dig
    10392365_10101537928934882_2653428681350708070_n.jpg?oh=13d849381e5006386097347561bf8516&oe=55174D50

10/10 would cut off with scissors and hang framed on my wall

ftOqU21.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Is the plot twist that Jesus is actually Santa all along?

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Good Good.

I mean, for sure get checked. It is the responsible thing to do.

But also, take comfort in knowing that even if you were unprotected, the odds of it having passed to you are less than 1% out of less than 1% unless the sex was really rough or involved anal.

Still, scary as fuck. Sorry, dude.

Riiigght? Everything about this is awkward.

steam_sig.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Christmas movies don't have to be good. Hell, they can be terrible, but Christmas is still awesome. Will watch anyway.

Apparently, I also don't like using the same punctuation to start and end a quote.

This discussion has been closed.