As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of the [chat]

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    synd's kitchen is a metaphor for our relationship

Where there once was no wall, now one has been erected

And there's a lot of dirty laundry in our past

AND our present!

Instead of a pantry, we kept the laundry closet since he was kind enough to build the exhaust, extra gas line and water hookups in, and we just extended our kitchen into what was supposed to be the dining area, hence why the fridge and those extra cabinet countertops are built on wood instead of tile.

So its an 1100 square foot, 3 br 2 ba apartment with laundry, a jacuzzi tub and excellent views right off the A and the 1.

I live in a unicorn.

*quietly plots murder*

NY Real Estate is a remorseless game

You will have to deal with our vicious guard dragons.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    is seltzer water from typical US style restaurant soda machines just really bad or is seltzer just disgusting

It's carbon dioxide + water. It's pretty much impossible to screw up, though some places have pretty chlorinated water.

We have a big tank filter in our fridge that we drink our water from, and the stuff that comes out of there tastes pretty pure and clean.

Seltzer from that thing tastes better than perrier, and is actually more fizzy the way we make it.

Overfizzed seltzer mixed with booze is great because the bubbles still come through pretty stronk.

I only like seltzer mixed

otherwise sparkling water is yuck

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    i was about to negatively comment on the tiling

needs to be more brutal

i....I'm not being negative

i sincerely like it

I personally think it is great, though its not exactly kitchen tile.

Back when the columbian drug dude lived here, he converted our kitchen into a laundry room, and that was the tile he used.

The kitchen was in the other apartment that he connected to the main by taking the entire wall down between them.

Summer isn't the biggest fan of the tile, but she hasn't commented on it in a while so I think it has blended into the background at this point.

Columbian drug dude makes me think of a cocaine golem...

Was the previous tenant an intelligent contruct made entirely from congealed cocaine?

Sometimes I feel like I'm this only with amphetamines

• Options

AND our present!

Instead of a pantry, we kept the laundry closet since he was kind enough to build the exhaust, extra gas line and water hookups in, and we just extended our kitchen into what was supposed to be the dining area, hence why the fridge and those extra cabinet countertops are built on wood instead of tile.

So its an 1100 square foot, 3 br 2 ba apartment with laundry, a jacuzzi tub and excellent views right off the A and the 1.

I live in a unicorn.

*quietly plots murder*

Whoa did you have to get a permit for those

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Argument by analogy is both powerful and intuitive - but good analogies are difficult, and even a good one is always a risk of derailment

It behooves both interlocutors to stay on track and only discuss the analogy insofar as it relates to the main discussion (and, frankly, just ignore bad analogies as much as possible).

i am an analogy terrorist

i come in and throw as many random obfuscating analogies in the air as possible, like sepia, then run away laffing furiously

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    person in front of me in this con law class keeps grumbling under their breath when the prof points out the legal pitfalls of roe v wade

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

needs to be more brutal

i sincerely like it

Back when the columbian drug dude lived here, he converted our kitchen into a laundry room, and that was the tile he used.

The kitchen was in the other apartment that he connected to the main by taking the entire wall down between them.

Summer isn't the biggest fan of the tile, but she hasn't commented on it in a while so I think it has blended into the background at this point.

Was the previous tenant an intelligent contruct made entirely from congealed cocaine?

Never met the guy, but I am going to say... maybe?

He held some of the most ridiculous parties in this place, or so I have heard from my neighbors... like mountains of coke and tons of hookers kind of things.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

AND our present!

I live in a unicorn.

*quietly plots murder*

first time you quietly did anything

HAHA YEAH I TALK REAL BIG GAME

EVEN MORE THAN YOU LUDIOUS

who bluffed who into killing themselves in Coup

MY GAME IS FLAWLESS

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Also I just don't even trade in person now. There is no point. Far easier to just trade online.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

needs to be more brutal

i sincerely like it

Never met the guy, but I am going to say... maybe?

He held some of the most ridiculous parties in this place, or so I have heard from my neighbors... like mountains of coke and tons of hookers kind of things.

You know you've made it big when you rent whores by weight.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Here's a GIF on the gravitation maneuvers they pulled off to land on that comet and Jesus Harold Ramis Christ.

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/avZGG4q_460sa_v1.gif

• Options
    examine something in a disinterested manner for once in your life, you horrible progressive

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    hmm, I should eat something today. Have only had a lot of coffee so far.

oh yeah, new office is right next to the commons. Woooooo!

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

needs to be more brutal

i sincerely like it

i wasn't implying that you were being negative, but your defensiveness is probative evidence that it was an insincere remark and you hated it all along

the jury finds hakkekage...

GUILTY

like all women

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Argument by analogy is both powerful and intuitive - but good analogies are difficult, and even a good one is always a risk of derailment

It behooves both interlocutors to stay on track and only discuss the analogy insofar as it relates to the main discussion (and, frankly, just ignore bad analogies as much as possible).

i value accuracy and complexity over the benefits given by argument by analogy

you fucking demagogue

I will choke you to death with my balls, you mewling poindexter

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Here's a GIF on the gravitation maneuvers they pulled off to land on that comet and Jesus Harold Ramis Christ.

incredible.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

i value accuracy and complexity over the benefits given by argument by analogy

you fucking demagogue

I will choke you to death with my balls, you mewling poindexter

Eddy is a law student, he's had more balls down his throat than you can imagine

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    i grew up on soda

leave the effete non-sweet beverages to the coastal urbanites

Ahh, San Pellegrino

One of life's little shallow aspirational pleasures

So refreshing

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Oof. Still a lot to do, but tired.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

needs to be more brutal

i sincerely like it

i wasn't implying that you were being negative, but your defensiveness is probative evidence that it was an insincere remark and you hated it all along

the jury finds hakkekage...

GUILTY

like all women

if it bleeds, it leads

wait

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    So this just happened
    kobedunking.jpg

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Echo: Posting something amazing and helping me remember Harold Ramis is dead in a single sweep. This is me right now: :|

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    So this just happened
    kobedunking.jpg

I don't know if there will ever be a better visual representation of getting dunked on.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    So this just happened
    kobedunking.jpg

I don't know if there will ever be a better visual representation of getting dunked on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD_pVNIcgg0

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

they could hang this on a wall in an art museum

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2014
    Vanguard wrote: »
    will you just used a simile to define your metaphor

time to go to the gallows

yeah it was a stupid joke that i wasn't really pulling off and no one was getting so i abandoned it :(

i was setting up my explanations like i would a metaphor or analogy, but then just inserting a tautology

because i don't believe in metaphors, see?

lol

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

AND our present!

I live in a unicorn.

*quietly plots murder*

MY GAME IS FLAWLESS

I HEARD WE WERE TALKING ABOUT COUP AND I CAME AS QUICK AS I COULD

• Options
    Irond Will wrote: »

yeah it was a stupid joke that i wasn't really pulling off and no one was getting so i abandoned it :(

smh

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

needs to be more brutal

i sincerely like it

she was setting up an elaborate neg

"i really like your tile wall. it reminds me of all the good times i've had waiting for the L train"

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options

AND our present!

I live in a unicorn.

*quietly plots murder*

MY GAME IS FLAWLESS

I HEARD WE WERE TALKING ABOUT COUP AND I CAME AS QUICK AS I COULD

and that's why your wife is so good at bluffing

• Options

AND our present!

I live in a unicorn.

*quietly plots murder*

Whoa did you have to get a permit for those

well currently they are pretty tiny, though two of them have been breathing fire so I guess they need to stay away from the co2 tank

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

i was setting up my explanations like i would a metaphor or analogy, but then just inserting a tautology

because i don't believe in metaphors, see?

lol

lol! lol! lol!

its ok will i do not judge

i have this new mechanical keyboard and it makes a moderate amount of noise but it feels pretty nice to type on

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I love sodastream.

It's been a great addition to our home... only problem is that Summer and I love overfizzed seltzer so much that we blast through 1-2 of those cans a week (15 bucks a pop). This has been less than ideal for budgetary reasons. Also, since buying those canisters puts money into the israel/palestine conflict I have moral reasons to be sad they were getting nearly 100 bucks a month out of me.

There are companies that make modified bits of hardware that let you hook up other CO2 containers, and then sell paintball canisters to replace the locked-in sodastream canisters. But paintball canisters cannot be refilled in Manhattan due to laws regarding pressurized things. So having to go back and forth all the time to get my gas would have driven me nuts.

So I went another way.

tcbqomwlmrkq.jpg
    I mean, that looks normal enough right? But whats that red handle off to the side?

t8g1fpb35olu.jpg

It costs 25+ tax to refill this monster, and it has anywhere from 25-30 refills worth in it.

I think I just won at sodastream.

Did Oscar the Grouch put up much of a fight when you stole his garbage can?

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I love sodastream.

It's been a great addition to our home... only problem is that Summer and I love overfizzed seltzer so much that we blast through 1-2 of those cans a week (15 bucks a pop). This has been less than ideal for budgetary reasons. Also, since buying those canisters puts money into the israel/palestine conflict I have moral reasons to be sad they were getting nearly 100 bucks a month out of me.

There are companies that make modified bits of hardware that let you hook up other CO2 containers, and then sell paintball canisters to replace the locked-in sodastream canisters. But paintball canisters cannot be refilled in Manhattan due to laws regarding pressurized things. So having to go back and forth all the time to get my gas would have driven me nuts.

So I went another way.

tcbqomwlmrkq.jpg
    I mean, that looks normal enough right? But whats that red handle off to the side?

t8g1fpb35olu.jpg

It costs 25+ tax to refill this monster, and it has anywhere from 25-30 refills worth in it.

That doesn't look anything like his garbage can.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I love sodastream.

So I went another way.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/2m/tcbqomwlmrkq.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/gs/t8g1fpb35olu.jpg

The garbage can kinda does

Sparvy on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Jesus this guy is streaming a review copy of DA3

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    I love sodastream.

So I went another way.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/2m/tcbqomwlmrkq.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/gs/t8g1fpb35olu.jpg

The garbage can kinda does
    Agree.
    But I don't think its a bad thing.
    I like the look.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

he gun get shut down hard

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

he gun get shut down hard

Doubtful, A) reviews are out B) I bet as long as he doesnt get too far in the game.

People have EA access and can stream it.

This discussion has been closed.