As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of the [chat]

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    hm, unclear why this girl really likes me but that's nice for a change

date #3 tomorrow! she asked to chat on gchat

does... does gchat make us official? are we bonded for life now?

Yep

You're g-trothed

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    OMFG IM WATCHING A CHALLENGER LOL TOURNAMENT BEING CASTED BY SEMI-PROS ON TWITCH AND I MADE A JOKE IN TWITCH CHAT AND THE CASTER STOLE IT!!!!!!

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Garthor wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Here's a GIF on the gravitation maneuvers they pulled off to land on that comet and Jesus Harold Ramis Christ.

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/avZGG4q_460sa_v1.gif

Thats fucking rocket science...I should go play some kerbal and remind myself how stupid I am.

It doesn't really work in Kerbal Space Program. I mean, you can do that, but between the smaller planets and distances, and better engines, you don't really get much from the gravity assists. You can arrange to exit Kerbin and hit it on the next orbit, but that will only get you about halfway to Duna. You'd need to plan two or three assists, and in the end only save a small fuel tank's worth of fuel. And the maneuver planning tools are inadequate, too.

Though, gravity assists do work really well around Jool and are totally fun. As in, you can spend 2000 dv to go from Kerbin to Jool, fly by Tylo to get into a Jool orbit, then arrange a fly by of every moon for a pittance of dv for correction maneuvers.

So basically what you're saying is Kerbal is too easy? haha oh god I feel like a waste of a brain.

KSP only do 2 body physics for their gravity simulation, it gets quite a lot more complicated if you start to account for gravity from multiple sources. Which is also partly why gravity assists are a bit tricky to pull off in it

3 body+ simulations aren't just complicated they are still unsolved problems in mathematics. There is no closed solution for 3+ objects interacting under gravity you have to approximate it with perturbation theory.

Indeed, there is no practical solution for KSP to have anything more accurate but it does make for a system that isn't very comparable to the real universe one in terms of planning missions like this one.

Stuff can easily get a bit wonky in KSP because of non-continuous physics

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    OMFG IM WATCHING A CHALLENGER LOL TOURNAMENT BEING CASTED BY SEMI-PROS ON TWITCH AND I MADE A JOKE IN TWITCH CHAT AND THE CASTER STOLE IT!!!!!!

it's about ethics in twitch streaming

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

sue for your millions

919UOwT.png
  • Options

TAKE THEM TO COURT

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

practically a celebrity

hey did you ever figure out what that time magazine feminist thing was?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Why isn't it Dragon Age Inquisition time yet

Move to NYC I bet you could get it there if you knew where to look, probably LA too.

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular

I can download it tomorrow, but then I have to sit here and wait for daaaays to play it

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

it's about ethics in twitch streaming

ludious i would cautiously extend a hand to you to join my splinter gamergate faction dedicated to making kaceytron wear a niqab but i know you've already started an identical parallel faction

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options

Move to NYC I bet you could get it there if you knew where to look, probably LA too.

B-

Black market action RPGs?!?!

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    time to make some 10:45 PM noodle stir fry

god my internal clock is so fucked up right now

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

practically a celebrity

yeah every year they're like 'lets vote out of this list of ten words that we want banned'

and one of them was 'feminist' this year

and a bunch were like 'black' words like 'bae, shade, base'

so its a nontroversy i guess

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Indeed, there is no practical solution for KSP to have anything more accurate but it does make for a system that isn't very comparable to the real universe one in terms of planning missions like this one.

Can't remember which thread it was, but someone told the story of a hiring interview where the interviewee had totally solved some NP-complete problem.

• Options
    why has the new dragon age gotten so much hype? i thought everyone hated the second one, and i would have expected that to throw a wet blanket over everything.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    when is inquisition out cause its my birthday on the 18th

• Options
    Belasco32 wrote: »

I can download it tomorrow, but then I have to sit here and wait for daaaays to play it

Thanks Obama >:l

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

The sandwich is in the cripser. The butcher must pay.

• Options

Well then

It actually comes out on your birthday

You know what to do

• Options

youre in luck, its the same day!

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

practically a celebrity

Time magazine holds a poll each year that's supposed to be like, hey kids we are hip, here is a poll about what new slang is the best and what is the worst! What word should be banned in 2015?!

They expected things like "bae" or "obvi" or "basic"

Gaters stuffed the ballot with "feminist".

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    why has the new dragon age gotten so much hype? i thought everyone hated the second one, and i would have expected that to throw a wet blanket over everything.

Because it looks like BioWare listened and EA got the hell out of the way and let them make a game. It's an entirely different game from the first 2.5.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

Can't remember which thread it was, but someone told the story of a hiring interview where the interviewee had totally solved some NP-complete problem.

NP Complete problems aren't unsolvable they are unsolvable in polynomial time. The solution algorithm just grows really fast with N.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

I don't know about other nerds but I swore unending fielty to Bioware after Knights of the Old Republic.

• Options

It releases on your birthday, or at 11pm on the 17th if you pre-order.

best birthday present evhar?

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

practically a celebrity

yeah every year they're like 'lets vote out of this list of ten words that we want banned'

aha

http://time.com/3576870/worst-words-poll-2014/

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options

NP Complete problems aren't unsolvable they are unsolvable in polynomial time. The solution algorithm just grows really fast with N.

And this person had totally solved it inpolynomial time!

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

practically a celebrity

It's not quite a nontroversey since someone at Time handpicked all the options and wrote a blurb for each one.
    feminist: You have nothing against feminism itself, but when did it become a thing that every celebrity had to state their position on whether this word applies to them, like some politician declaring a party? Let’s stick to the issues and quit throwing this label around like ticker tape at a Susan B. Anthony parade.

Which isn't really offensive but takes a dumb southpark-like position.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    It's not quite a nontroversey since someone at Time handpicked all the options and wrote a blurb for each one.
    feminist: You have nothing against feminism itself, but when did it become a thing that every celebrity had to state their position on whether this word applies to them, like some politician declaring a party? Let’s stick to the issues and quit throwing this label around like ticker tape at a Susan B. Anthony parade.

Which isn't really offensive but takes a dumb southpark-like position.

That's pretty darn tone-deaf, yeah.

• Options
    that is quite a regressive and bizarre position

• Options
    omg my sons are in the kitchen fighting about the best way to make grilledcheese sandwiches

ffs

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    oh wow castle grats on the gnuptials!

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    omg my sons are in the kitchen fighting about the best way to make grilledcheese sandwiches

ffs

...wat butter on bread cheese in middle put in frying pan

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    We truly do live in polynomial times

• Options

ffs

...wat butter on bread cheese in middle put in frying pan

Advanced Culinary Methods for Teenagers

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

practically a celebrity

aha

http://time.com/3576870/worst-words-poll-2014/

Some of those are phrases, not words. Time is basic as fuck

• Options
    that's probably exactly what politically uninformed people said about the civil rights movement

"they're fine and society's fine, why do they have to make a racket about it?"

• Options
    Woah Ubisofts stock dropped 9% on Tuesday

damn

• Options

ffs

toast both sides of the bread

also put a slice of tomato in there and some bacon

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    merppp

poo
This discussion has been closed.