As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of the [chat]

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    renovating that kitchen is going to be a huge wallet drainer, for sure

Carefully rip out those orange 70's counter tops and booth. Find someone in Brooklyn decorating via trust fund. Sell as "vintage" and then buy nice counter tops.

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    shit, I know I'm forgetting something I was supposed to do today...I hate this feeling.

I usually write everything down, but I didn't for today 'cause I was actually too tired yesterday...damnitdamnitdamnit.

Did it have anything to do with

- Church
    - Groceries
    - spool
    - spool14
    - spool16
    - Blameless Cleric
    - other family memebers
    - house chores
    - a job
    - errands about town

?

yes! holy shit this actually helped, thank you :D

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    COME ON DOWN ON SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY

Is your wife in labour right now or am I misinterpreting earlier posts

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I want to buy a rowhouse like I live in now in my nabe. Rent out one floor for a few years and then convert it to a bitchin' duplex.

I'd need a huge loan from the Bank of Dad to make that happen tho.

i would totes buy in bed stuy or crown heights and just retire in like 5 years

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Someone needs to hit me when I start reading Facebook comments on news posts. Like really hard, get some positive punishment happening.

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    ah, here is my failure, allow me to make it more public...also, I'd actually like y'all's honest opinion about the text. I didn't write it and wouldn't have put ALL of it on a flyer if it had been up to me...
    x4ESfKql.jpg

Did they force you to use that font for the copy? I'd go smaller, block track the paragraphs and give it more line spacing to help it breath...or just change the font. Also like winky said, more white space.

Not a whole lot you can do with that much text. I feel your pain.

It's a font that gets used a lot in our diocese, and, I like it :p it's actually in 14pt which is the smallest the committee chair was okay with (he is an old)...I'd have been really happy to have leeway with the text. As it is I changed a couple of small things that were just...I just couldn't leave 'em alone.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Someone needs to hit me when I start reading Facebook comments on news posts. Like really hard, get some positive punishment happening.
    I consider it a sort of brain virus. If you let it in, its only going to fester.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

Is your wife in labour right now or am I misinterpreting earlier posts

yeah

this time is totally weird

we got here at 7am and have been killing time

sarah is watching project runway

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

it's crazy how pretty much anything published, even if it's the most innocuous fluff piece, will have just the worst possible comments

i guess it makes sense from a signalling point of view

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options

When I get my own congregation I'm totally hiring you for marketing...think you could work in something about moshpit night? 'Cause I'm thinking that'd be awesome, ya know, for the feelz

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    So uh..
    Channing Tatum is visiting a relative in the hospital today here in my fabulous city.
    He's was in the hallway getting swarmed by an army of freaky stalker psycho bitches.

Women are so much more fucked up than guys.
    If we did that we'd get our asses beat, tasered, and pepper sprayed.

did you see y2jake215‌ 's photo with kimbra the other day?

I don't even know who Kimbra is.

Somebody that Gotye used to know.

By the way, whoever has me for secret Santa, there's a kick starter where for $10k you can have lunch with kimbra

You know

Just so you know

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    this is not unlike many of our evenings, really

sarah watching some dumb show, me foruming next to her

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    *Sets up complex molecular reaction*
    *Performs it without mistake*
    *Goes to use electricity*

Hmmmmm. Red is dead so red is negative. But black cats are considered unlucky so perhaps black is negative.

red and yellow kill a fellow
    red and black friend of jack

i think

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    casually birthing on the side

• Options
    this is not unlike many of our evenings, really

sarah watching some dumb show, me foruming next to her

at least you've got that pseudo sense of normalcy for right now

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    shit, I know I'm forgetting something I was supposed to do today...I hate this feeling.

I usually write everything down, but I didn't for today 'cause I was actually too tired yesterday...damnitdamnitdamnit.

- Church
    - Groceries
    - spool
    - spool14
    - spool16
    - Blameless Cleric
    - other family memebers
    - house chores
    - a job
    - errands about town

?

My Mum has a habit of having chores on the tip of her mind so I do this listing ritual to give her brain a poke.

• Options

When I get my own congregation I'm totally hiring you for marketing...think you could work in something about moshpit night? 'Cause I'm thinking that'd be awesome, ya know, for the feelz

DONT DANCE WITH THE DEVIL

CRUNK WITH CHRIST INSTEAD

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    i'm guessing housing prices will always be inflated on islands, particularly on the coasts of those islands, and given the concentration of NZ pop in auckland...

Not really. Its a reasonably new development for NZ and Auckland. Iirc house prices started shooting up about a decade ago.

Before that a house like what Mortious linked would have been far more affordable.

Auckland has exploded in population over the last 25 years, it attracts most migration and apparently new housing stock supply can't keep up.

The North Island, for the record, is bigger than Cuba

31% of NZ pop

a reinforcement of one of my sufficient but not necessary factors

i am satisfied with my wild guessing

Well, everyone gets one I guess.

Housing price growth is almost always more complicated than it looks. It actually was a big election issue last month too, but no one really knows quite what to do and people seem afraid of any big steps. So it muddles on.

In the last week or two Auckland's market has gone mad due to government property valuation reports being released.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Just fired up Unity for the first time. The first mission runs smooth as butter on ultra settings, but the way my GPU sounds while doing it... it's definitely the most hardware taxing game I own right now.

• Options

DONT DANCE WITH THE DEVIL

CRUNK WITH CHRIST INSTEAD

see, fucking brilliant!

• Options
    it's the inverted liebniz's theodicy

satan created trolls to make the worst possible internet

but that's avoiding the problem isn't it, because god created humanity and we invented the concept of free will ergo we're satan

phd now pls

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    VeHlB51.jpg

Things you don't find in the Coke-Cola museum.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    renovating that kitchen is going to be a huge wallet drainer, for sure

yeah I missed some photos... though the orange counters are charming in a way. They could maybe just replace the cabinet doors?

All that wallpaper and the rose carpet can't be suffered though.

• Options

- Church
    - Groceries
    - spool
    - spool14
    - spool16
    - Blameless Cleric
    - other family memebers
    - house chores
    - a job
    - errands about town

?

My Mum has a habit of having chores on the tip of her mind so I do this listing ritual to give her brain a poke.

I'd thought I'd gone over that exact list, but I'd missed one bit and it was the key. That's a very handy talent you've picked up!

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Straightening hair is such a pain in the ass.

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »

that pulled the tortilla from over my eyes

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    We never quite reach the predicted high for today 420 blaze it
    It's going to be so cold tonight.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    @spool32‌ I just heard the keurig ...your son is making himself coffee at 5pm

should I kill him and take it as my own y/y?

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i'm guessing housing prices will always be inflated on islands, particularly on the coasts of those islands, and given the concentration of NZ pop in auckland...

Not really. Its a reasonably new development for NZ and Auckland. Iirc house prices started shooting up about a decade ago.

Before that a house like what Mortious linked would have been far more affordable.

Auckland has exploded in population over the last 25 years, it attracts most migration and apparently new housing stock supply can't keep up.

The North Island, for the record, is bigger than Cuba

31% of NZ pop

a reinforcement of one of my sufficient but not necessary factors

i am satisfied with my wild guessing

Well, everyone gets one I guess.

Housing price growth is almost always more complicated than it looks. It actually was a big election issue last month too, but no one really knows quite what to do and people seem afraid of any big steps. So it muddles on.

In the last week or two Auckland's market has gone mad due to government property valuation reports being released.

So much stupid complaining about the website going down by the people at work.

And they work for a software company.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    ah, here is my failure, allow me to make it more public...also, I'd actually like y'all's honest opinion about the text. I didn't write it and wouldn't have put ALL of it on a flyer if it had been up to me...
    x4ESfKql.jpg

Did they force you to use that font for the copy? I'd go smaller, block track the paragraphs and give it more line spacing to help it breath...or just change the font. Also like winky said, more white space.

Not a whole lot you can do with that much text. I feel your pain.

It's a font that gets used a lot in our diocese, and, I like it :p it's actually in 14pt which is the smallest the committee chair was okay with (he is an old)...I'd have been really happy to have leeway with the text. As it is I changed a couple of small things that were just...I just couldn't leave 'em alone.

oh god 14 is massive. You could go to 10 and space everything out better, get more white space and make it easier to read (probably). It's not a bad font, its just more of a title/header font than for copy. but like you said...he's an old.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I'm pretty pissed off actually. The two most likely places for me to live, London and Auckland both have stupidly inflated property prices and house price growth.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    i was trying to think of some disparaging modifiers to 'tortilla' but if anything, that SOP chipotle tortilla is really really good

maybe its fault is that it's too good

liebniz would have some words to say about this situation

Eddy on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    spool32‌ I just heard the keurig ...your son is making himself coffee at 5pm

should I kill him and take it as my own y/y?

You should kill him for using a Keurig instead of making his coffee the "rustic traditionalist" way

• Options
    Now that I've remembered what I'm supposed to be doing I'm procrastinating by hanging out with you guys

sooo, how's things?

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    VeHlB51.jpg

Things you don't find in the Coke-Cola museum.

Oh shiii

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Now that I've remembered what I'm supposed to be doing I'm procrastinating by hanging out with you guys

sooo, how's things?

I got new graphics card.

Life is good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Wait RMS Oceanic can you do that for me

What am I supposed to be doing right now

• Options
    Do I have a new cup of coffee on my desk?

*cracks neck*

yep, I sure do.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Winky wrote: »
    x4ESfKql.jpg

Not bad, I'd probably try to put more negative space around the edges and add a bit more font size variety though.

Make the date and time the 2nd largest font on the page. Even at a distance they should be able to see name of event, where and when.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
This discussion has been closed.