Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[chat] of the [chat]

17576788081100

Posts

  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Fanta is the nazi drink of choice.
    Nnnnot by choice, no.

  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Watching The da Vinci Code because I like listening to Ian McKellen's voice. I have no regrets.

    I read the book but haven't seen the movie...is it any good?

    Yes, I enjoyed the book.

    The movie is very disappointing as a movie. But I enjoyed it as a fan of the book. Angels and Demons is the same thing too.

    I wouldn't go out of your way to watch them though if you've read the books. The books are superior and the movies disappoint. But Ian McKellen is a god, so I'm compelled to listen.

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • JeanJean Soon to be papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    My first semester at university is almost coming to an end (already!)

    I felt like writing a short review of each of my classes and share it with you guys.

    I'll start with my least favourite class and end with my most favourite.

    INF4123 Outils informatiques (Basic Computer Class) : By far the worse of the bunch. The class is a total mess mostly because the teacher is very disorganised. I mean he can't even start class at the scheduled time, he's the only teacher I ever saw having an issue with something that simple! His explanations are very unclear and when we ask questions, we end up being more confused than we were before asking. Frankly, my university screwed up when they hired that guy. If all my classes were that bad I would be seriously questionning what I am doing at this university.

    Grade : E (F doesn't exist in francophone schools. E is our equivalent to F)

    MNG1563 Introduction au développement des compétences en gestion (Management class, theory based) : The content of the course is quite dry but the teacher does her best to make it interesting. She's a pretty young, inexperienced teacher who gets shy sometimes in front of the class but you can tell she does her best to improve. I give her bonus points for not requiring her students to buy another expensive book for her class : Her powerpoints are all you need to study for her exams.

    Grade : B

    ECN1463 Analyse micro-économique (Economy) : Basic economic class. I had taken economy classes before so that class is easy for me. The teacher is very experienced and knows her content on her fingertips. A very interesting class, my only critique is than it's a bit too easy.

    Grade : B+

    CTB1623 Préparation et présentation de l'information comptable (Accounting) : Tthis is easilly my most demanding class.Thankfully the teacher knows his content by heart and is great at explaining the various concepts. He often make bad jokes on purpose to lighten up the mood. This is the first accounting class I've ever taken so this is actually challenging for me but I love it. $145 for a book tough, really? What a ripoff

    Grade : A

    MNG1573 Management : My favourite class, mostly because of the teacher. He have work experience in a lot of different industries and he have a lot of relevant anecdotes to tell the class. Students respect him more than other teachers because he didn't spent all his life in academia. This is a more practical based class and the teacher's personality is a great fit for the class! I don't have a single critique to make.

    Grade : A+

    TL;DR I'm quite satisfied with 4/5 of my classes.

    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    HaphazardKalkinospool32
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Wait RMS Oceanic can you do that for me

    What am I supposed to be doing right now

    Move to New Zealand
    Move to New Zealand

    Mortious, how did you get on japan's account

    I'm not sure what's happening to be honest.

    It's very simple

    I'm you now

    You have to pick someone else to be

    We have a vacancy for a Glaswegian, it just opened up

    Interesting offer, do I have to wear plaid?

    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Wait, that coke sign is fake.

    Is it? I grabbed it off a ad-industry blog that has other Coke ads from the era. It's the only one with explicit Nazi imagery though.
    It could be real, but it's bad German. And you know nazis and grammar.

    Eddyspacekungfuman
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Apparently GTA5 next gen has Highway to the Danger Zone

    nice

    OMFG they need to rig it so it always plays for the jet team on the jets v cars/bikes missions.

    DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    it's so rainy and miserable out

    You require tea, a wood fire, and either someone to snuggle with or a good book

    I have one of those things.

  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    i was wondering about that grammar

    but then quickly got lost in the storied etymology of getrank

    Eddy on
    “Even as a gengar she was lovely.” ― Ovid, Metamorphoses
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    3 inches of snow tonight? FUCK IT IS WINTER NOW

    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    Geth
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    evilbob wrote: »
    Apparently GTA5 next gen has Highway to the Danger Zone

    nice

    OMFG they need to rig it so it always plays for the jet team on the jets v cars/bikes missions.

    I fucking loved those missions. Although doing it with motorcycles was just cheating.

    Thomamelas on
    evilbob
  • simonwolfsimonwolf thought that love was science fiction until I saw you todayRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    it's so rainy and miserable out

    You require tea, a wood fire, and either someone to snuggle with or a good book

    I have one of those things.

    Tav I thought I told you to stop chopping down your doors for firewood

    Tav
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    i was wondering about that grammar

    but then quickly got lost in the storied etymology of getrank

    Getränk. See?

  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Whoever guesses my plans for the evening gets a cookie

    Is it to not actually send cookies to anybody?

    a hint: try the first thing you think of
    syndalis wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    @syndalis something randomly came to mind - have you learned anything about compund words?

    @Abdhyius‌ nooope. Everything has been single word stuff thus far, except for maybe I am guessing "smørbrød" since I learned that brød = bread.

    Well the rules for that kind of compound words are easy - blåbær is more specific than blå bær (blueberries is more specific than blue berries)

    Otherwise the rules are mainly about avoiding splitting words that shouldn't be Split

    Its like an extra possible malady in addition to greengrocer's apostrophe - instead of seiling ananasbiter your labelling is a warning that ananas biter

    where does herfra and fra her fall into all of this? Not at all?

    @Syndalis thats another kind - where the meanings are almost identical for each

    Avsette and sette av, for examples ("put off" but used like set aside) are identical

    ftOqU21.png
    syndalis
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Wait, that coke sign is fake.

    Is it? I grabbed it off a ad-industry blog that has other Coke ads from the era. It's the only one with explicit Nazi imagery though.
    It could be real, but it's bad German. And you know nazis and grammar.

    It also looks to be low resolution (and inconsistent) and printed on paper.

    The style just felt off as well

    what I'm saying is I have seen a few shops in my days

    Haphazard
  • descdesc slight cough / rhyming through phones Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Wait, that coke sign is fake.

    Damnit

    I knew it was too good to be true and yet I hoped ..

    you dared to love an image despite the risks

    i envy you

    *acts nonchalant but excuses himself and locks a bathroom stall door behind himself*

    A

    Anti

    Anticapitalista


    *returns, blowing his nose and with puffy red eyes*

  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Cant get over how amazing last nights Arrow "moment" was

    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Ethlete Please Eat Doritos™, Like And SubscribeRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Someone needs to hit me when I start reading Facebook comments on news posts. Like really hard, get some positive punishment happening.

    it's crazy how pretty much anything published, even if it's the most innocuous fluff piece, will have just the worst possible comments

    i guess it makes sense from a signalling point of view
    I am firmly for identification of and relocalization of these people.
    I want full demographics and studies done on them to determine why they exist.

    Fuzzy's Internet 3.0.




  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Ugh. I got on a hobo car. My nose is broken

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Someone needs to hit me when I start reading Facebook comments on news posts. Like really hard, get some positive punishment happening.

    it's crazy how pretty much anything published, even if it's the most innocuous fluff piece, will have just the worst possible comments

    i guess it makes sense from a signalling point of view
    I am firmly for identification of and relocalization of these people.
    I want full demographics and studies done on them to determine why they exist.

    Fuzzy's Internet 3.0.

    Fuzzy Neutrality

    in the cloud

    Greeper is now Minister Of Communication in my new regime.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Syndalis, if you knew anything about Greeper, you would know Greeper is never not field dressing a stag.
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    desc wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Wait, that coke sign is fake.

    Damnit

    I knew it was too good to be true and yet I hoped ..

    you dared to love an image despite the risks

    i envy you

    *acts nonchalant but excuses himself and locks a bathroom stall door behind himself*

    A

    Anti

    Anticapitalista


    *returns, blowing his nose and with puffy red eyes*

    a beautiful woman once said that everything beautiful is selling something

    i submit that she was wrong, or at least incomplete - that beautiful thing is selling many things

    yet the promissory note states nothing but the tangible, and we are unable to be made whole because of the very want that we let in

    *raises gloved fist*

    Eddy on
    “Even as a gengar she was lovely.” ― Ovid, Metamorphoses
    desc
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Wait RMS Oceanic can you do that for me

    What am I supposed to be doing right now

    Move to New Zealand
    Move to New Zealand

    Mortious, how did you get on japan's account

    I'm not sure what's happening to be honest.

    It's very simple

    I'm you now

    You have to pick someone else to be

    We have a vacancy for a Glaswegian, it just opened up

    Interesting offer, do I have to wear plaid?

    Yes.

    Now, back to Murdering Beach, I can confirm that its been nearly 200 years since it's experienced a good bout of murders.

    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    AND SO WE BUY ON, BOATS AGAINST THE CAPITAL FLOW, BORNE CEASELESSLY INTO THE DEBT

    Eddy on
    “Even as a gengar she was lovely.” ― Ovid, Metamorphoses
    desc
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    Eddy wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Wait, that coke sign is fake.

    Damnit

    I knew it was too good to be true and yet I hoped ..

    you dared to love an image despite the risks

    i envy you

    *acts nonchalant but excuses himself and locks a bathroom stall door behind himself*

    A

    Anti

    Anticapitalista


    *returns, blowing his nose and with puffy red eyes*

    a beautiful woman once said that everything beautiful is selling something

    i submit that she was wrong - those beautiful things are selling many things

    yet the promissory note states nothing but the tangible, and we are unable to be made whole because of the very want that we let in

    *raises gloved fist*

    yo I don't know what's going on here but I'm trying to get into this Best Buy and pick up the new Halo game so if you guys could just

    *motions off to the side*

    that would be swell

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    desc
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    It seems to me that if Harley Quinn's first movie appearance is in Suicide Squad you are putting the cart before the horse a bit.

    Greeper is now Minister Of Communication in my new regime.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Syndalis, if you knew anything about Greeper, you would know Greeper is never not field dressing a stag.
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Ethlete Please Eat Doritos™, Like And SubscribeRegistered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Someone needs to hit me when I start reading Facebook comments on news posts. Like really hard, get some positive punishment happening.

    it's crazy how pretty much anything published, even if it's the most innocuous fluff piece, will have just the worst possible comments

    i guess it makes sense from a signalling point of view
    I am firmly for identification of and relocalization of these people.
    I want full demographics and studies done on them to determine why they exist.

    Fuzzy's Internet 3.0.

    Fuzzy Neutrality

    in the cloud
    Greeper is now Minister Of Communication in my new regime.




    Greeper
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    God, I have to get up in five hours but I'm not sleepy.

  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited November 2014
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Whoever guesses my plans for the evening gets a cookie

    Is it to not actually send cookies to anybody?

    a hint: try the first thing you think of
    syndalis wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    @syndalis something randomly came to mind - have you learned anything about compund words?

    @Abdhyius‌ nooope. Everything has been single word stuff thus far, except for maybe I am guessing "smørbrød" since I learned that brød = bread.

    Well the rules for that kind of compound words are easy - blåbær is more specific than blå bær (blueberries is more specific than blue berries)

    Otherwise the rules are mainly about avoiding splitting words that shouldn't be Split

    Its like an extra possible malady in addition to greengrocer's apostrophe - instead of seiling ananasbiter your labelling is a warning that ananas biter

    where does herfra and fra her fall into all of this? Not at all?

    @Syndalis thats another kind - where the meanings are almost identical for each

    Avsette and sette av, for examples ("put off" but used like set aside) are identical

    So beyond boy and girl, today added sønn and datter to the mix, as well as "our"

    Like, "sønnen vår bor i New York"

    Familien min er fra New Jersey, men de bor i North Carolina nå.

    I like that I am getting to the point that I can start building some decent sentences out of the stuff I am learning.

    edit: I also know that I could on the second half of that last sentence go:

    "men nå, bor de i North Carolina."

    Though is there any reason aside from style to go one way or the other?

    syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Wait RMS Oceanic can you do that for me

    What am I supposed to be doing right now

    Move to New Zealand
    Move to New Zealand

    Mortious, how did you get on japan's account

    I'm not sure what's happening to be honest.

    It's very simple

    I'm you now

    You have to pick someone else to be

    We have a vacancy for a Glaswegian, it just opened up

    Interesting offer, do I have to wear plaid?

    Yes.

    Now, back to Murdering Beach, I can confirm that its been nearly 200 years since it's experienced a good bout of murders.

    What do you mean by that? Is it... time?

    KalkinoRear Admiral Choco
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    so my mom's heartburn got bad enough that she and my dad went to the hospital

    they are confirming whether it's actually serious heartburn or a potential lack of oxygen to the heart right now, based on test results

    this is the worst week

    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
    descCindersHaphazardBeNarwhalRear Admiral ChocothatassemblyguysyndalisLeitnerbloodyroarxxBelasco32y2jake215Sir Landshark
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Alright, makeup and face done up all fancy.

    Time to put on a suit.

  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    ...I just realized how cold my feet are going to get in heels tonight. ;-;

  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Wait RMS Oceanic can you do that for me

    What am I supposed to be doing right now

    Move to New Zealand
    Move to New Zealand

    Mortious, how did you get on japan's account

    I'm not sure what's happening to be honest.

    It's very simple

    I'm you now

    You have to pick someone else to be

    We have a vacancy for a Glaswegian, it just opened up

    Interesting offer, do I have to wear plaid?

    Yes.

    Now, back to Murdering Beach, I can confirm that its been nearly 200 years since it's experienced a good bout of murders.

    Then what happened to the Google Street View car?

    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Kalkino
  • simonwolfsimonwolf thought that love was science fiction until I saw you todayRegistered User regular
    P8814t1.png?1

    Cinders
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Multifarious, I hope she is alright.

    HaphazardBeNarwhalRear Admiral ChocoBelasco32
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    AND SO WE BUY ON, BOATS AGAINST THE CAPITAL FLOW, BORNE CEASELESSLY INTO THE DEBT

    Congratulations, sir. You just met the criteria to subscribe to boating magazine. Ah, boating magazine, I barely knew you before you were ripped from my grasp.

    7zh9uu9etcor.jpg
    Chanus wrote:
    It's been a butt come true! I get to work with the absolute best boobs in the business. What more could a money ask for? Kids, aim for the freeloaders !

    @chanus
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Don't despair. Not even over the fact that you don't despair.Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Ugh. I got on a hobo car. My nose is broken

    it's great when the smell is so palpable you can taste it

    Elki wrote: »

    Casual Eddy: best poster 2014.
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Casual Eddy: best poster of 2015

    gotta update that stuff man
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Wait, that coke sign is fake.

    Damnit

    I knew it was too good to be true and yet I hoped ..

    you dared to love an image despite the risks

    i envy you

    *acts nonchalant but excuses himself and locks a bathroom stall door behind himself*

    A

    Anti

    Anticapitalista


    *returns, blowing his nose and with puffy red eyes*

    a beautiful woman once said that everything beautiful is selling something

    i submit that she was wrong, or at least incomplete - that beautiful thing is selling many things

    yet the promissory note states nothing but the tangible, and we are unable to be made whole because of the very want that we let in

    *raises gloved fist*

    QZpHV1x.png

  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Ugh. I got on a hobo car. My nose is broken

    it's great when the smell is so palpable you can taste it

    Thick, greasy dewdrops of awful hanging in the stale air.

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    k8zYkAYl.jpg

    Had to stay a little late at work for once. I've been giving ras a hard time for putting in over time at her unappreciative jerk company.

    She definitely wrote a song about it.

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
    evilbobCindersBeNarwhalBelasco32
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    no

    real

    names

    “Even as a gengar she was lovely.” ― Ovid, Metamorphoses
    syndalisShazkar Shadowstorm
This discussion has been closed.