As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Forum Secret Santa Signups/Picture thread

• 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Duckie wrote: »
    The further away I get from having done my SS entry/writing my wish list section, the more I wonder if I made any sense...
    So, to who ever gets me, I'm sorry if it's all over the place. I was trying to convey an idea of who I am and the kind of things I like rather than a rigid list of things I want. If you read it and it freaks you out, talk to @00Fayt00 because he sort of gets my messy headspace and should be able to help you out :)

You definitely can come to me if you need help deciphering Duckie. :P.

I guess I will go ahead and join in also. ^_^

00Fayt00 on
  • DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    NO I WANT DABE I SAW HIM FIRST

Pretty sure everyone wants Dabe ;)

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    NO I WANT DABE I SAW HIM FIRST

Pretty sure everyone wants Dabe ;)

And then they get pictures of pins instead of actual pins. 8-)

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Finally took the time to register, looking forward to my first ever interwebs Secret Santaing!

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Ooo I think I will be getting in on this! Cut-off is the day before my birthday, so I get a Secret Santa for my birthday, best present ever!

• DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    Registered a bit ago, but forgot to sound in. Plus I'll be the first to volunteer not to be in Dabe contention, now to start scouring for a gift....

Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    "Deciphering Duckie"

Sounds like a series of "How to" videos.

• Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Sounds more like a sure fire Oscar winner to me:

An unnamed old woman (Jessica Lange) is found wandering the streets of Vancouver in her bathrobe. Clearly suffering from dementia and spouting nonsense, she is taken to a nearby hospital. The woman has no identification and is therefore checked in as Jane Doe, but the nurse (Stephen Amell) who puts in the cannula for her IV drip calls her Duckie, named for the rubber ducks pictured on the bathrobe she refuses to take off.
    Doctor Samantha Reed (Taraji P Henson) has no time for a personal life. She's married to her job as chief of the hospitals ICU. Late at night when the building is quiet she finds herself drawn to the mysterious old lady without a name. Dr Reed unloads her troubles on this old woman who can't talk back or offer advice. Before she knows it she's looking forward to their nighttime chats.
    Eventually Dr Reed realises that 'Duckie' isn't just spouting nonsense. She's speaking a language with structure and rules. Slowly, over many weeks she begins to learn the language, and with it Duckie's remarkable story...

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »
    "Deciphering Duckie"

Sounds like a series of "How to" videos.

It's more like visiting a Modern Art gallery: some stuff you understand, some stuff you kinda get, but most leaves you thinking "Wtf?!?"

edited November 2014
    Maybe it will be Marlena Marchetta's next book.
    First she brought us "Looking for Alibrandi" then "Saving Francesca" now let her take on a journey into the mind of an addled pin collector in "Deciphering Duckie"

Duckie on

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???

An unnamed old woman (Jessica Lange) is found wandering the streets of Vancouver in her bathrobe. Clearly suffering from dementia and spouting nonsense, she is taken to a nearby hospital. The woman has no identification and is therefore checked in as Jane Doe, but the nurse (Stephen Amell) who puts in the cannula for her IV drip calls her Duckie, named for the rubber ducks pictured on the bathrobe she refuses to take off.
    Doctor Samantha Reed (Taraji P Henson) has no time for a personal life. She's married to her job as chief of the hospitals ICU. Late at night when the building is quiet she finds herself drawn to the mysterious old lady without a name. Dr Reed unloads her troubles on this old woman who can't talk back or offer advice. Before she knows it she's looking forward to their nighttime chats.
    Eventually Dr Reed realises that 'Duckie' isn't just spouting nonsense. She's speaking a language with structure and rules. Slowly, over many weeks she begins to learn the language, and with it Duckie's remarkable story...

You had me at Stephen Amell...
    Arrow <3

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    The most I know about @Duckie is from the quiz show podcast, she sold the shit out of Tiny Teddies for me... the next time I trade with someone from Australia I'm demanding they send me some.

00Fayt00 wrote: »

You had me at Stephen Amell...
    Arrow <3

He had me at Jessica Lange playing me as a senile old lady, love me some Jessica Lange <3

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
    Haha @TheAggroCraig‌, I'm pretty sure all I did was munch on them loudly throughout the entirety of recording but if that was enough to sell them to you can I use this as a reference for when I apply for a marketing/sales job with the company that makes tiny teddies? :P

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The most I know about @Duckie is from the quiz show podcast, she sold the shit out of Tiny Teddies for me... the next time I trade with someone from Australia I'm demanding they send me some.

If I'd known, I would have sent some over with your Aus pins.

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

If I'd known, I would have sent some over with your Aus pins.

It was something I remembered a few days later, I know there will be plenty of future opportunities

• QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular

Two things. I demand an Executive Producer credit and we definitely need to hang out.

• purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Haha @TheAggroCraig‌, I'm pretty sure all I did was munch on them loudly throughout the entirety of recording but if that was enough to sell them to you can I use this as a reference for when I apply for a marketing/sales job with the company that makes tiny teddies? :P

I have spent quite a bit of time since that recording failing to track down scotch fingers after you guys built them up so.

I made Fayt eat them while he was over here but sadly I don't think there was any in the giant box of food he took home with him...

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
    I made Fayt eat them while he was over here but sadly I don't think there was any in the giant box of food he took home with him...

No there wasn't but that wasn't my fault! I told you to tell me what to bring home!! Unless they were in the large assorted package?

• KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Kamelon has joined the party.

Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
    Oooh! Yes, there should be some in the assorted pack ^^
    Not that that helps Pureval :P

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
    Oooh! Yes, there should be some in the assorted pack ^^
    Not that that helps Pureval :P

Maybe...if I'm very nice and I end up getting @pureval‌ in the drawing I will part with that box....

Maybe. :p

• KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm glad I haven't sent my pin pals their pins yet. You guys are giving me great ideas of extras to throw in.

Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
    Kamelon wrote: »
    I'm glad I haven't sent my pin pals their pins yet. You guys are giving me great ideas of extras to throw in.

Um, timtams are essential. They will thank me. If u want to do a regular box red velvet timtams. I brought $100 worth of timtams home when I came back to the states after pax. :p

00Fayt00 wrote: »
    Kamelon wrote: »
    Um, timtams are essential. They will thank me. If u want to do a regular box red velvet timtams. I brought $100 worth of timtams home when I came back to the states after pax. :p

I fixed that for you :P

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
    I seriously stared at that for like ten minutes until i realized that you had made it a spoiler its too early. :p

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh that was it?

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Damn it now I feel like an ass for only including the merch bonuses when I sent my pins to the US.... next time fellas! @ancienteternity‌ @odinson83‌ @digitalghost445‌

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    The registration page will be taken down in roughly 18hrs or so, if you haven't registered yet and just forgot, time to do it :)

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    Are you guys going to post an updated list of successful sign ups?

Sammy.Sam wrote: »
    Are you guys going to post an updated list of successful sign ups?
    I have been updating the same post. I will go through it again soon (HA HA I used the most despised word on the Pinny Forum. The power! The absolute power!)

• Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    Signed up hopefully it worked. Last minute

We have had at least one person whose information did not get properly entered. Please double check the list and make sure you are on there. If not PM us ASAP.

If you saw the "Successful registration" message, you'll have been fine :) If you sat watching a disabled button, you won't have made it (request timed out).

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    ----
  • HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I CANNOT WAITS
    I NEED TO KNOW WHO TO SEND MY BOBCAT TO

I've just generated the partners table!!! :D

Results incoming within a few hours.

Just to note it here aswell, whoever gets Juicesir, please contact pureval for further details. Juicesir forgot to register and it seems he's experiencing some trouble getting online but we're pretty confident as the person who suggested the whole thing, he probably wants to be included ;) You will also get an extension on the delivery deadline equal to the number of days it takes Juicesir to return.

----
  • dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    I regret not signing up... :(

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
    edited November 2014
    It happened.

The email isn't very exciting I'm afraid but please do check for one, as I'm testing the bulk email system for the site :)

If anything broke, just go here to reveal who you got.. Remember to be logged in :P

Any problems viewing who you got, please contact me asap.

Edit: Just so every one knows, your pal was picked by digital you with a virtual hat, similar to how it would work in real life. It is unlikely that the person you send a gift too is the person sending you a gift (but not impossible).

In simple terms:

A -> B -> C -> A

grgemonkey on
    ----