As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Crypt of the Necrodancer] - rhythm based dungeon roguelike

2Β»

• Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    Played a chunk of this tonight. Really good fun. Honestly my number one feature request would be a 'random' option for custom soundtrack selections. I just want a bunch of variety.

It seems like it needs to spend some time analyzing the song before it can be used in the game. It probably can't do that on the fly.

Random soundtrack would still be awesome.

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Well yeah, but you could just have an option to process all the stuff in your custom songs folder per game.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Twice now in Hardcore I've gotten down to 3-3 and died there. Many, many more are the times where I have died to stupid things before getting that far, like the time I had Obsidian Armor and Shovel, Heal spell, a turkey leg and a titanium rapier yet died without using any of that healing to a black shield skeleton ><

• Options
    Finally beat 3-3 and the boss in Hardcore! Gold Rapier into Titanium Longsword, Titanium Shovel, Plate Mail and a Ring of Peace. Phew!

• Options
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    This game is crazy fun. Especially when the replays break in half

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I didn't know we had a Necrodancer thread.

This game is the shit. I'm flabbergasted by how good it is.

Flabbergasted!

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    It is a fucking crime that this thread petered out on page two. I AM REVIVING IT!
    Rius wrote: Β»
    Finally beat 3-3 and the boss in Hardcore! Gold Rapier into Titanium Longsword, Titanium Shovel, Plate Mail and a Ring of Peace. Phew!

Yeah I just had a pretty fantastic run that ended abruptly too. ALSO on 3-3, when 3 massive spawns of enemies formed coming from every possible direction at the start of the level. Just look at this bullshit. I'm not really going for score here so it's a bit low.
    8vngd3.jpg

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    maybe we're all just too busy necrodancing 24/7

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    I put my Necrodancing on hold for Chasming, and just recently for Rogue Legacying

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Have there been any significant updates to the dancepad control scheme since EA started?

It's weird, and I am certain it may just be me, but I found it very hard to stay on beat due to the fact that holding down a direction kept me moving in that direction.

As an mediocre DDR player, if I had to hit a note on the right, I would step to the right. Then, if the next beat was a left, I would keep my foot on right and move my other foot to the left input. This kept me on beat without having to return to center every time between beats.

In Necrodancer, for the inputs to be accepted, that sequence wouldn't work. I would have to return to center between beats.

Again, I very well might be doing it wrong, I don't know.

• Options
    Has anybody finished a hardcore run and then watched their replay?

I just finished the entire run and elected to watch my replay so I could get some idea what kinds of things I'm missing wrong or could be doing differently.

And on my replay, I died in 3-2, right after picking up a war drum. I finished this run. I did not die. So why did I die in the replay?

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Has anybody finished a hardcore run and then watched their replay?

I just finished the entire run and elected to watch my replay so I could get some idea what kinds of things I'm missing wrong or could be doing differently.

And on my replay, I died in 3-2, right after picking up a war drum. I finished this run. I did not die. So why did I die in the replay?

Still the best

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    I don't get it.

I think maybe using the war drum screws up replays.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it is an unfinished game

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yeah. That's true. And I can see that they're working on it. Still, I'm curious how it got so out of sync like that.

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I don't get it.

I think maybe using the war drum screws up replays.

It was a line from a creepypasta about a haunted video game.

And my guess about the de-sync from actual events is that they probably forgot to record or replay certain inputs.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    I just pounded on a shop wall for like 20 beats...and I'm watching this like...wait a minute...did I really do that?

Is this the movie "Occulus?"

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    So this game is officially Out now.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Is it out on one of the consoles? I swear I saw it on one of the stores.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    If it is, then probably PS4

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm finding area 4 easier than 3. Those shrinking panels are annoying, but nowhere near as bad as the ice/fire ones could be.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I'm still just completely stuck on zone 3. Most of the time I cant even get past floor 1. I have just zero ability to do this zone.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Hey you all! For the next 2 days and 15 hours, this game is FREE TO PLAY on Steam! Yeah, it's a free weekend! Download it, it's fast! Play it, it's awesome! And if you like it, buy it; it's 50% off until Monday at noon Eastern!

• Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    Zone 3 is my bane :(

Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    It took me so long to get past Zone 3 for the first time. I don't even know why, really. I don't think there's any one enemy that gave me trouble. I just always crapped out there for some reason.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I just noticed the new First 15 is Crypt of the Necrodancer! Please god let them have fun with it, this game needs more attention.

Edit: Heh, Mike didn't like it because he has no rhythm, but Jerry seemed into it. I'll take it!

Rius on
  • Options
    Just got an email telling me that Crypt of the Necrodancer is out on PS4 and Vita. Go get it!

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I cleared the three characters' stories in their entirety. Never. again.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Finally, after on and off casually playing the game I hunkered down and got past Cadence's story and started on Melody's side of the game. Felt good to finally break through the frantic pace of Zone 4 and the bosses.

Also, surprised to see that this has not yet been posted:

https://youtu.be/ilP_dT9IoMI

Steam Early Access on the 24th.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I'd be more annoyed that it's PC only if I wasn't sure it's going to be a loooong time before I even beat the game proper on PS4. Hopefully it's out on PSN by the time I do manage to finish the main game.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I got to Aria's story and hit the skill great wall of china. Not going to be able to headbutt my way through it.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It's damn frustrating, but it actually gets easier as you get further in, since you get more to work with, item wise.

wVEsyIc.png