As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[HALO] is dead.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    ya! I was surprised EVERYTHING from halo 4 was unlocked but then slightly disappointed I wasn't able to mix and match. ah well, still neat.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Can you guys explain that a little?

It sounds like I'd have to make a customized for each halo game? With individual shoulders, etc from that game (eg: a hayabusa shoulders only for Halo 3)? Or... do I have to wear the entire hayabusa or the entire Recon set, etc?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    You have to wear the whole set. It's especially silly when Halo 3 doesn't even have full sets for a lot of the armors. The DLC armors for Halo 4 are also missing. Hopefully 343i sorts it all out in an update sometime.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    You have to wear the whole set. It's especially silly when Halo 3 doesn't even have full sets for a lot of the armors. The DLC armors for Halo 4 are also missing. Hopefully 343i sorts it all out in an update sometime.

*I cannot find a gif that expresses my disappointment that is also less than 1MB in size so imagine one here*

• Options
    god there was DLC armour for Halo 4? I don't even remember this anymore.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Holy shit that Gravemind cutscene you guys.

Sooooooooooo much improved.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    god there was DLC armour for Halo 4? I don't even remember this anymore.

It was mostly the same armor with new striping/schemes, though there were about 4 new ones. 1 "inspired" by ODST uniforms, another by the Mark V, and two uniques that were taken from American football and one that's pretty much all Forerunner tech.

I do miss my mish-mash of all the different specialization I acquired though. Pioneer emblem, operator helm, wet work chest, pathfinder visor, etc...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    So it sounds like online has a bunch of problems?

I never played the Halo series before Halo 3, so I figured this collection would finally let me start the story proper from 1 to 4.

So, just stick to the campaigns while they sort things out?

• Options
    I made it through the infamous second hangar on Cairo Station without a single death. It didn't seem nearly as hard this time around.

On the other hand, what monster put these jackal snipers in Outskirts? Sniper alley only took me a handful of deaths, but it's such a long sequence to play through without a checkpoint. So maddening!

• Options
    Harbringer197Harbringer197 Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I made it through the infamous second hangar on Cairo Station without a single death. It didn't seem nearly as hard this time around.

On the other hand, what monster put these jackal snipers in Outskirts? Sniper alley only took me a handful of deaths, but it's such a long sequence to play through without a checkpoint. So maddening!

ohh god I have ptsd from that. actually the part I hated most were the stupid buggers that show up halfway through its infuriating on legendary. also it just me or are they a lot more liberal with some of the ranks for the covenant? I hardly ever saw ultras in halo 2 unless I played legendary. now you see them in heroic.

Harbringer197 on
  • Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    anybody having an issue with Impulse triggers? I feel them very strongly in Halo 4 and they are great, not getting them in Halo 2 anniversary?

Update: No impulse triggers in Halo 2 and Halo CE Anniversary... weird. they are there in Halo 3 and 4.

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    This list is somewhat more detailed and ranked by severity.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    And this is 343's official list and update roll out. Apparently they have a patch ready that was supposed to go up at 5pm POST but Live issues are preventing them from applying it.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    I wanted to do some legendary solo playthroughs before even touching the multiplayer, so luckily I've been mostly unaffected by the game's numerous issues. I finished up Regret so I'm halfway through Halo 2's missions.

While I've played a ton of H1 over the years, I don't know if I've even played H2 since Halo 3 came out. Thank goodness for the fresh coat of paint, because otherwise it's just as disappointing as I remembered! It's hard to describe, but the game feels weird in a way that no other Halo game has felt before or since.

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2014
    In my opinion you can just outright feel that the game simply ran out of time to be finished. It didn't get the polish pass.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    In my opinion you can just outright feel that the game simply ran out of time to be finished. It didn't get the polish pass.

Finish the fight…next time…on another console.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    johnmd20johnmd20 Registered User regular
    I got this game for XboxOne. Physical copy. I started installing it at 7:40am. It is 10:40am now, it's about 80% complete. Wow. I have never seen anything like this.

• Options
    johnmd20 wrote: »
    I got this game for XboxOne. Physical copy. I started installing it at 7:40am. It is 10:40am now, it's about 80% complete. Wow. I have never seen anything like this.

If your box is online, it tries to install and patch at the same time because it is eager for you to be able to play right away... but is actually not helping you do that.

• Options
    Protip: Do not rely on the "Save" portion of the Save/Quit menu option.

The only thing worse than fighting all of those brutes at the beginning of Gravemind is fighting all of those brutes twice.

• Options
    Protip: Do not rely on the "Save" portion of the Save/Quit menu option.

The only thing worse than fighting all of those brutes at the beginning of Gravemind is fighting all of those brutes twice.

Save/Quit? Wth. You either finish the fight in one sitting or you don't finish the fight at all!

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Is there any news for a PC release of the masterchief collection?

I don't own an xbox and would love to get back into Halo (ain't played since Halo 2 PC)

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I wanted to do some legendary solo playthroughs before even touching the multiplayer, so luckily I've been mostly unaffected by the game's numerous issues. I finished up Regret so I'm halfway through Halo 2's missions.

I'm one of those wimps who insists on playing a singleplayer game experience first (unless it's shit, like in Battlefield I suppose) before tackling multiplayer, so I really just wanted one match on launch day so I could say did--basic H2 team slayer, which I got after a bit of waiting after the installation finally completed.

I've gotten 2 other MM games since then--but I've been busy, and am just getting through Truth & Reconciliation in Halo first, so I'm honestly pretty satisfied (though MM does definitely need to be fixed). The matchmmaking problems have effected me personally very little, so I'm very happy with my pre-order.

On the other hand, I'm less pleased finding how much I suck at H2 multiplayer.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

I don't own an xbox and would love to get back into Halo (ain't played since Halo 2 PC)

There is no news regarding the PC release of the Master Chief Collection other than there presently are no plans to put the Master Chief Collection on the PC.

Even if they had plans to port the Master Chief Collection on the PC, why would they risk undermining their sales so people can hold out until then, instead of adopting now? o_O

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

There is no news regarding the PC release of the Master Chief Collection other than there presently are no plans to put the Master Chief Collection on the PC.

Even if they had plans to port the Master Chief Collection on the PC, why would they risk undermining their sales so people can hold out until then, instead of adopting now? o_O

There is that line of "Hah, Xbox exclusives, more like Windows exclusives, L-O-L," that is relevant at times, but I really doubt we're going to see this, or any other Halo FPSs, on PC. Spartan Ops literally started out as a touch screen game, and is actually really fun as a $7 touchscreen mini-game, so naturally it came to PC at a time when Windows 8 machines adopted touch-screens almost universally.

Likewise, I wouldn't count on Sunset Overdrive appearing on Steam either. In the cases of Ryse or Dead Rising 3, I'm not the least surprise they went to PC--just look who developed either games. Crytek is Crytek, and Capcom can't port things to PC fast enough as far as they're concerned.

If I'm revealed to be wrong on this in the future, feel free to dredge this post back up and remind me.

• Options
    naw, you're right

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Matchmaking is a mess. Not great. It can take 30 minutes to find a game. Great planning on this one.

• Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    343 Industries says that it has "identified the primary... issue" behind Halo: The Master Chief's Collection broken matchmaking, and that it is "working 24/7 to isolate" and fix the bug.

"Over the past 48 hours, we believe we have identified the primary matchmaking issue, and are working on a solution right now," executive producer Dan Ayoub wrote on Halo Waypoint. "In the meantime, we'll be rolling out additional tweaks over the next days to further improve the experience while we ready this solution. We are monitoring the data and working on tweaks that should continue to improve your matchmaking experience while we prep."

My god. What a horrible statement. Does 343 have PR?

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    I love loading up the passenger hog in Tsavo Highway with four FRG-wielding marines and storming the brute blockade at the end. There's nothing quite like doing donuts while the marines annihilate those poor brutes.

• Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    I had 3 hard locks during the Halo 2 campaign and a tiny message in red about some protected files that we're unable to upload at the end of chapter 2 foe Halo 4. Certainly not broken but definitely a little frustrating.

reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    so by the time I buy my xbox and halo on black friday, all this shit should be fixed right?

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Does 343 have PR?

No. We knew this back before Halo 4 was out.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I love loading up the passenger hog in Tsavo Highway with four FRG-wielding marines and storming the brute blockade at the end. There's nothing quite like doing donuts while the marines annihilate those poor brutes.
    The Death Blossom.

• Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    343 Industries says that it has "identified the primary... issue" behind Halo: The Master Chief's Collection broken matchmaking, and that it is "working 24/7 to isolate" and fix the bug.

"Over the past 48 hours, we believe we have identified the primary matchmaking issue, and are working on a solution right now," executive producer Dan Ayoub wrote on Halo Waypoint. "In the meantime, we'll be rolling out additional tweaks over the next days to further improve the experience while we ready this solution. We are monitoring the data and working on tweaks that should continue to improve your matchmaking experience while we prep."

My god. What a horrible statement. Does 343 have PR?

I don't understand. What's so bad about this statement?

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    It would have been better to say "We know it's broken and we're fixing it. And we're going to add some improvements while we're at it."

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    It would have been better to say "We know it's broken and we're fixing it. And we're going to add some improvements while we're at it."

That's what they said.

No I don't.
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »

That seems to be pretty much what he said?

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Voth wrote: »
    I had 3 hard locks during the Halo 2 campaign and a tiny message in red about some protected files that we're unable to upload at the end of chapter 2 foe Halo 4. Certainly not broken but definitely a little frustrating.
    I just got a black screen freeze after playing the opening level of Halo 4, red text in the top left of the screen saying "Untracked Build, not for upload."
    Well it obviously got uploaded... Perhaps 343i should try switching to GitHub.. :/ :P

• Options
    Oh FFS how does this even happen?
    mcc_coop_wtf_zps23064813.png

Somehow the game thinks I beat the game co-op with myself. I even got the co-op achievements for it. It'd be funny, but I was going for the legendary solo achievement and now I have to play it again.

• Options
    Matchmaking is worse than a mess. It simply doesn't work. What a shame.

This discussion has been closed.