As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassin's Creed: Origins - out now!

Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
edited October 2017 in Social Entropy++
Those other games are old news! The movie was bad, and also old news! Now we have this!

Learn the Origins of... boats? Crocodiles? Did we mention that you are assassinating a crocodile
Welcome to the Origins of Crocssassination

Grey Ghost on

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I need to buy all of the clothes for Arno.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Shouldn't it be "Do you hear the people stab?"

Also I saw a lochaber Axe in the long weapons and dang, I want to use that for some reason. No clue why but me wants.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Don't know what you're on about

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    assassin's creed rogue has a (dying) dialogue subtitle

PNk1Ml4.png
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Don't know what you're on about

Clearly some sort of Animus glitch I guess.

One of my favorite story bits from Rogue
    Ben Franklin related:
    It turns out that he knows nothing about either the Templars or the Assassins and is just happily, obliviously tinkering away on these gadgets for the sake of science
    Both sides kinda have a gentlemen's agreement not to get him personally involved in the conflict
    It's adorable

oh my god the final mission of rogue is some ridiculous fanservice and I love it

PNk1Ml4.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    So it seems like Rogue is the better game, is what I'm hearing here

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited November 2014
    rogue
    I'm not sure if the box is supposed to be the selfsame as appeared in embers and freedom cry or not

the model looks different, which normally wouldn't be a big deal but freedom cry took care to make sure the box looked exactly the same as embers

but it would make sense for mackandal to have it since adewale left it with bastienne

for that matter, I'm not sure if the abstergo employee is supposed to be the same as ac4 or not

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Is it just my imagination, or do sea mines in Rogue have a significantly bigger trigger radius now?

edited November 2014
    -Tal wrote: »
    rogue
    I'm not sure if the box is supposed to be the selfsame as appeared in embers and freedom cry or not

the model looks different, which normally wouldn't be a big deal but freedom cry took care to make sure the box looked exactly the same as embers

but it would make sense for mackandal to have it since adewale left it with bastienne

for that matter, I'm not sure if the abstergo employee is supposed to be the same as ac4 or not

To your last point
    I wanna say no, though I'm only in like sequence 3
    But I just feel like there would have been some mention of that crazy shit that you already went through on their behalf last year

Grey Ghost on
    One minute, I want the phantom costumes, the next moment, I want the prowler. A minute later, I am in love with the brigand outfits.

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    sent an app to HeyArno, should have the same name as here

Don't we have two Hey Arno clans? Or teams or whatever

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    dunno, only saw one when i searched

might be separate because they aren't shared between platforms or something

how do i apply to hey! arno

ps4

edited November 2014
    I bought the Improved Brigand Coat! Wheee!

Now, I just need to earn enough money to buy the rest of the outfit! Or, I could dump like 20 actual dollars into the game! Three pieces at 600 H or whatever each, plus a hood I can only from a co-op mission! And I cannot get the co-op to work!

This game is a blast, which makes the little things not working really frustrating.

DouglasDanger on
    edited November 2014
    oh my god there actually is a headless soldier hanging around sleepy hollow

I don't know if this is a glitch or what but he is not wearing soldier or stalker clothing

and he's unkillable

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
    you know rogue is a nice little story about the failings of a particular brotherhood but it's not really some grand indictment of assassins in general, other games in this series have done better on that front

the main thing is that you are doing the exact same things assassins do, there is no real shift in gameplay when you switch sides other than that you can buy buildings and stuff? but ezio did all that too.

and while I hate to say it, rogue is a little too focused on ac mythology to the detriment of its historical aspects. the assassins are bad because of their obsession with ancient artifacts, the game doesn't really get into the ethics of the french and indian war at all

PNk1Ml4.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »
    dunno, only saw one when i searched

might be separate because they aren't shared between platforms or something

It varies by platform, yeah

Argh, I find myself thinking the little slit on the back of the improved brigand coat looks stupid. Dammit

oh my god there actually is a headless soldier hanging around sleepy hollow

I don't know if this is a glitch or what but he is not wearing soldier or stalker clothing

and he's unkillable

What oh my god WHAT

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The performance on the Marquis de Sade is so perfectly gross

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    For those interested, we talk about Unity for quite a bit on the latest episode of my podcast (check sig).

Also, I'm now convinced the game's controls are messed up. I'm having way too many issues where I want to jump one way only to end up in a whole other direction (many times leaping to my death).

The Interact button seems to not ever work without a massive delay either. I'll stand by a door, open a chest, etc and I have to mash it a few times before it registers.

I was originally going to be a bit more forgiving in light of the positives I experienced early on, but I think in the end I'm going to end up slamming the game like most other critics.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ, Rogue is fucking enormous.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    Okay guys I am on PS4
    add me, look for GrahamCR

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Okay guys I am on PS4
    add me, look for GrahamCR
    You got a PS4?

YESSSSS

CYpGAPn.png
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    CaptainNemo1138 on the PS4, if you want to grind some gear or somesuch.

Anyone know about these club competition whatsits?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Time for another edition of feeling conflicted about Unity

I did some more sidequests. Specifically, one of the riddle sidequests and a couple murder mysteries. Those are really fun! I really do enjoy playing this game.

The technical problems, however, are finding new and interesting ways to fuck with me. This time when I started up the game, I kept Task Manager open on my second screen to monitor my CPU. At the beginning, everything was running totally smooth, which has NEVER happened to me before. My CPU was hovering around 80%, so I figured that, hey, maybe it IS my CPU that's the problem, and I just had too many other things open and it maxed my CPU, which caused the stuttering. Unfortunately, 10 minutes later it started stuttering again with no change to CPU or RAM usage.

Then I tried to join an online mission. I'm...not entirely sure how it works, but it seems like it puts your name into a lobby and launches the mission once there are enough of you? Because I stayed in my world for a while after accepting a random invite from a silhouette. Then, suddenly, I see the Animus simulation dissolve, which I took to mean I was about to join the other dude's game. However, I never got to see if this was the case, because as soon as it happen my RAM usage (which had been sitting at 4 gigs or so) suddenly spiked to literally all of my 8 gigs. Unity's loading screen completely froze, and I could barely even navigate task manager, much less go through the multiple mouse clicks necessary to end a process. Thankfully, Unity eventually stopped its own process, saving me from having to do a hard reboot.

But man, that has never happened to me before with a game.

IKknkhU.gif
  • BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying Unity but I have so much other shit to play that I'm benching it till I finish those, and by then hopefully some fixes will be out.

ac rogue ending
    I just realized the guard shay murdered to get down to the courtyard would be the same guard that tried to catch arno stealing the apples

PNk1Ml4.png
    ac rogue ending
    I just realized the guard shay murdered to get down to the courtyard would be the same guard that tried to catch arno stealing the apples

Okay, question.
    Do you kill Arno's dad? Because if so, fuck you Shay for making boring French bread Arno an AC protagonist.

ac rogue ending

Okay, question.
    Do you kill Arno's dad? Because if so, fuck you Shay for making boring French bread Arno an AC protagonist.
    yes, shay kills arno's dad

indeed, he managed to get away with it because the chair arno was supposed to be sitting in was empty

so it's all arno's fault

PNk1Ml4.png
    ac rogue ending

Okay, question.

indeed, he managed to get away with it because the chair arno was supposed to be sitting in was empty

so it's all arno's fault

Man

fffffffuck Arno

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    indie_winter on ps4

have at me, fools

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    ac rogue ending

Okay, question.

so it's all arno's fault

Christ, so playing Rogue before Unity really is the proper choice. Fuck Ubi for not releasing it on PC till who knows when next year.

unity makes my ps4 real loud

PNk1Ml4.png
    It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to turn the PS4 on

well at least ac unity has people complaining about jacques necker's speech at the estates general

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    the english accents really irk me

it's like the american accents in dishonored

wY6K6Jb.gif
This discussion has been closed.