As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassin's Creed: Origins - out now!

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to turn the PS4 on

It took me two weeks to realise that there were buttons on the console. And that was by accident.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Played an hour or so of Far Cry 4

Yup that's definitely Far Cry. Like, feels pretty much identical to 3 but in a new setting.

(I realized the embargo on info is up so I should be fine to give general impressions)

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    the two thugs who chase you in the beginning are called victor and hugo.

fuck this game.

PNk1Ml4.png
    yeah this combat is definitely harder than before

and the bloodstains are ruining my nice clothes

PNk1Ml4.png
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Just fired this game up for the first time. I had to make sure I utterly demolished Black Flag before I would allow myself to continue.

Changed the language to French right off the bat. Feels good man.

Also, Initiates? I dunno why I had to recreate a NEW uplay account when I started up Black Flag (I had one running through the last 4 AC games.) And then it doesn't show me as having played any of the previous games. I'm gathering from the Ubi forums that's being fixed? Or has it already been fixed and oh well, data gone? I probably shouldn't care all that much, but I like my unlocks dangit.

I think I'm just going to not link unity to uplay and initiates and the app and all that shit cause it really is getting out of control

PNk1Ml4.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    the two thugs who chase you in the beginning are called victor and hugo.

fuck this game.

I noticed that in the quick look. Fucking Abstergo.

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    the english accents really irk me

it's like the american accents in dishonored

What's wrong with those? Gristol isn't England.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
    Dishonored is fantasy so it can do whatever it wants but it primarily takes aesthetic inspiration from Victorian England

PNk1Ml4.png
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Also a lot of the language used in Dishonored sounds like it should be coming with an English accent

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    well at least ac unity has people complaining about jacques necker's speech at the estates general
    good enough

More eighteenth century England, but got ya. Honestly, I prefer American accents to Generic Fantasy British.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I mean the disappointing thing is, when the game is working it is enjoyable.

But it can be such a effort to get to that point.

And I said it in the last thread but if there are any xboners my gamer tag is Blakes V or post yours or whatever.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    well at least ac unity has people complaining about jacques necker's speech at the estates general

"Everything's fine forever! Don't worry about 'extraordinary expenses.'"

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So how do I join the thing for X1?

I want my Improved Bourgeois Bracers!

...I mean I want a fun co-op experience.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Played an hour or so of Far Cry 4

Yup that's definitely Far Cry. Like, feels pretty much identical to 3 but in a new setting.

(I realized the embargo on info is up so I should be fine to give general impressions)

Oh okay awesome

So, GOTY then

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I think I'm just going to not link unity to uplay and initiates and the app and all that shit cause it really is getting out of control

Initiates is just not working right now, all you can do is make an account

the app is actually pretty ok as far as interfacing with it is concerned, the problem is it's currently bugged so it only "saves" the stuff you do if you do it while it's synced up to the game, and any progress you make outside of it doesn't count. add to that the unreliability of the ubi servers and you get an exercise in frustration

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Blake T wrote: »
    I mean the disappointing thing is, when the game is working it is enjoyable.

But it can be such a effort to get to that point.

And I said it in the last thread but if there are any xboners my gamer tag is Blakes V or post yours or whatever.

I've encountered some framerate dips on my PS4 as well as the annoying NPC glitch

none of the weird FPS hitches or the various faceless/crazy hair bugs people have had

the gameplay itself is rather enjoyable, once you get the hang of the new countering system you really feel like a badass taking 2-3 people instead of yawning at leaving 20 bodies in your wake like in the old games

and the story is... well, they were obviously going for another ezio. They might have even pulled it off, Arno's story doesn't seem too bad, but we've had 3 AC games + a movie with that brand pf snark-charm, it's kind of gotten old at this point.

it might have been a solid if uninventive experience if not for the technical/online issues and the pervasiveness of cross-platform bullshit and microtransactions they shoved in there

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I want to do the co-op stuff, but i cannot get it to work. How do i join hey arno?

Also, i did the "leave the game on, park the protagonist somewhere safe, and goof off on the internet" thing to get some francs. The cafe theater is AMAZING!

Arno can actually chill at the counter, sipping coffee or espresso! It is french as hell!

DouglasDanger on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    You know I have to say I like Unity a lot when its actually...stable.

Seriously though, this game is a blast. The sans culottes clothes look like things you actually wear while parkour-ing, but the hoods are goofy

I want to do the co-op stuff, but i cannot get it to work. How do i join hey arno?

Also, i did the "leave the game on, park the protagonist somewhere safe, and goof off on the internet" thing to get some francs. The cafe theater is AMAZING!

Arno can actually chill at the counter, sipping coffee or espresso! It is french as hell!

I just joined some public games. most people don't know what the hell is going on so you can all be novice assassins together. the missions themselves are interesting as well

wY6K6Jb.gif
    It wont let me do that when i try

weird, it's working fine for me

wouldn't mind joining the heyarno clubthough

wY6K6Jb.gif
    I might get to play tonight. Maybe it will work.

I just joined some public games. most people don't know what the hell is going on so you can all be novice assassins together. the missions themselves are interesting as well

I'm like rank 4...so it was kind of cool when I found myself in a room with a bunch of rank 1s and was being all kickass and stuff.

I liked to think I was the master assassin.

• CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    I can apply to HeyArno, but the thing says too many applicants have already requested spots. Funny thing, if I let the game suggest a club ("rm6YToddIsCool" or whatever), it does the same thing.

Yaay!

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I'm apparently oblivious to how the menus are laid out or whatever, but how exactly do you apply to HeyArno?

Well.

Unity ends like a fart.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Well.

Unity ends like a fart.

Explosively?

• CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    I'm apparently oblivious to how the menus are laid out or whatever, but how exactly do you apply to HeyArno?

Under the start menu, go:
    My Brotherhood > My Club > Search for a Club

Took me a while to find it.

Well.

Unity ends like a fart.

Explosively?

Annoyingly, pathetically, and smelly.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    CowShark wrote: »

That's like.

A list of every club there is.

How can I just type in heyarno?

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    CowShark wrote: »

That's like.

A list of every club there is.

How can I just type in heyarno?

press the other button it lists, F or X or whatever it was

not the one you usually hit to confirm

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just got an outfit in unity with no hood. I look awesome now!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Medieval hood will make you the sneakinest person to ever wear layers and layers of chain mail

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure you still get the bonuses from normal equipment when wearing the full outfits.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Man, what is this outfit?

Man, what is this outfit?

Just play the main quest, you'll get it eventually.

hm yes this game has some technical issues

crowds have pretty bad pop in, mostly in shadows in details but sometimes they'll just change entire models right in front of me??

I've also had npcs pop in from the aether as I'm running on the street, knocking into me and slowing me down

and the stuttering is baaaad whenever moving horizontally on a building with an interior, which is a lot of them

PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.