As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dawngate] Moya slaps you with a large eel.

1151617181921»

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Oh I absolutely agree with that. Just saying that the destiny prices were too high is a bit unfair when it's actually pretty comparable to most other free to play games.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    most free to play games are too high

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Gonna miss, uh, King of Masks. His VO was terrific.
    ACTING!

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Gonna miss, uh, King of Masks. His VO was terrific.
    ACTING!
    MY STUNT DOUBLE!

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2quSeqWL2Vk
    I need this man to do more stuff in other games.

PS: The slow clapping STILL gets me every time.

Megamaniaco on
    Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Man, to have been in the studio when these were recorded.

• Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    The last stream.

Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Honestly I feel their in game destiny prices probably drove people off. I won (not played, won) 100 matches and had only unlocked 2 extra dudes. That's a long grind

This is pretty much League's pricing. With the only difference being that they didn't have a set of lower tiers (which is likely due to the smaller pool).

Man this is the excuse people use to defend heroes of the storms pricing but like, that lower tier is PRETTY IMPORTANT. People forget how good it is to have some characters unlocked after just a few games in league because they did it years ago but it's a big part of customer retention. Some of those 450 champs easily become people's favourites. Ignoring that seems like a huge mistake. Sure it's a smaller pool but league launched with 40 dudes and had dick all for money, these also-rans with company backing should be able to figure something out.

Totally agree. People seem to forget how big a deal the lower cost champs are in getting people invested in the game and getting them a pool of varied champions they can pick from right away. Not to mention the fact that LoL sold bundles of like 20 champions for a pretty fair price if you wanted to get a jump start.

Blizzard and EA seem to want to skip that step and go right to heavy handed champion throttling. I am in the HotS alpha and I've already written it off because I'm locked into picking from a pool of about 5 champions. I literally have a quest I can't complete because they don't have a free champion of that type to play as.

Obvious cash grab and grind up front = no buy in. I'll just continue to play LoL where I have all champs unlocked.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Honestly I feel their in game destiny prices probably drove people off. I won (not played, won) 100 matches and had only unlocked 2 extra dudes. That's a long grind

This is pretty much League's pricing. With the only difference being that they didn't have a set of lower tiers (which is likely due to the smaller pool).

Man this is the excuse people use to defend heroes of the storms pricing but like, that lower tier is PRETTY IMPORTANT. People forget how good it is to have some characters unlocked after just a few games in league because they did it years ago but it's a big part of customer retention. Some of those 450 champs easily become people's favourites. Ignoring that seems like a huge mistake. Sure it's a smaller pool but league launched with 40 dudes and had dick all for money, these also-rans with company backing should be able to figure something out.

Totally agree. People seem to forget how big a deal the lower cost champs are in getting people invested in the game and getting them a pool of varied champions they can pick from right away. Not to mention the fact that LoL sold bundles of like 20 champions for a pretty fair price if you wanted to get a jump start.

Blizzard and EA seem to want to skip that step and go right to heavy handed champion throttling. I am in the HotS alpha and I've already written it off because I'm locked into picking from a pool of about 5 champions. I literally have a quest I can't complete because they don't have a free champion of that type to play as.

Obvious cash grab and grind up front = no buy in. I'll just continue to play LoL where I have all champs unlocked.

I mean, in fairness to Waystone, the guy-unlock-as-reward idea was a good one. It was just that the not-random options got calibrated to unbearably tedious or expensive for most people.

• Options
    I think a champ unlock token would have been a better idea.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Kay wrote: »

I agree, but I think they were going for "hey, play X guy, you might like him!" as a result.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »

I agree, but I think they were going for "hey, play X guy, you might like him!" as a result.

And sadly it will not stay around. ;_;

ew9y0DD.png