As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ROUND TWO: FIGHT H: RESULTS

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I like the idea of Cable mentally assaulting Chase. Apparently no other form of attack would work which is lame.

Marathon on
  • inthegrayinthegray Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    cable and hulk, bada bing, bada boom

inthegray on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Yea, he can use wolf form or the sword, not both at the same time.

Actually Bigby frequently turns into a half wolf/half human hybrid. In that case he could have the best of both worlds really.
    My money is on Bigby in this one.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Yes, except that this Hulk isn't a slobbering retard, but in fact the most recent incarnation of the Hulk who is about as smart as th average joe, and pretty much a genius when it comes to figuring out how to smash shit.

I prefer my Hulk brutal and retarded.

But it doesn't change the fact that that's not the Hulk in this competition, just like the Rouge in this contest is the current version.

I know, I know. Smart Hulk changes things, but he still likes a fight. Ambrose can slow him down for a while, and use his physics distortion field to avoid Hulk as much as possible. Cable is going to play it real smart - he knows that any offensive move will give Hulk carte blanche to start pounding him into dust. Unfortunately, Ambrose's use of his abilities start affecting his cyberpathic implants - those field distortions wreak havoc on electronics. Dazed, Cable falls easy prey to Bigby Wolf. Eventually, Ambrose wears down - he can't dodge Hulk forever and bullets do nothing. Hulk clocks him with one good punch and breaks his neck. Bigby goes in for the attack in wolf form and bites off one of Hulks arms. Hulk uses the other arm to rip his jaw off.

The healing ability of both (Hulk's natural ability, Bigby's fable-based ability to always come back) kicks in and they proceed to the next round, bloodied on the floor of the battlefield.

So, same results with a smart Hulk.

Terrorbyte on
    edited October 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    I like the idea of Cable mentally assaulting Chase. Apparently no other form of attack would work which is lame.

Read the first post - the Cable being used here doesn't have telepathy.
    inthegray wrote:
    cable and hulk, bada bing, bada boom

Is that all the explanation you're going to give? You know, you could make a bit more of an effort.

Terrorbyte on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Man, if I know one thing it's this:

I don't care how awesome Bigby is or how good Fables is or how powerful that sword is

There is no fucking way he's beating the Hulk. Especially this Hulk.

Furu on
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Marathon wrote:

Ok, if you are demanding that I get as detailed as possible. "I like the idea of Cable assaulting Chase with the infonet." Cable will overload his brain with information.

I also still think it's lame that Chase is now immune to any and all physical attacks.

Marathon on
    edited October 2006
    Furu wrote:

Well, Bigby isn't a pushover. He's more or less a wind elemental and the son of what is essentially a pagan god. Though, it's still hard to say if a head-on fight between them would need to go any further than "Hulk smash!" Fables doesn't really emphasize the superheroic physical strength of its characters, while Hulk is a heavy-hitter in the Marvel universe. Which is why I avoided a direct fight between those two - the unknowns make everything a longshot guess.

Terrorbyte on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Man, if I know one thing it's this:

I don't care how awesome Bigby is or how good Fables is or how powerful that sword is

A month ago I would've been inclined to agree with you. However after reading Fables I've come to realize that Bigby is pretty much a fucking God.

On the other hand, he did have a rough time with Goldilocks.

I'm picturing the match ending with Bigby and Hulk as the final two. Both would be on the ground missing limbs and hurting in a big way. So victory to Hulk and Bigby, with no clear first or second place.

Ambrose and Cable end up as stains on the ground.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Marathon wrote:

Ok, if you are demanding that I get as detailed as possible. "I like the idea of Cable assaulting Chase with the infonet." Cable will overload his brain with information.

I also still think it's lame that Chase is now immune to any and all physical attacks.

where does it say Chase is immune to any and all physical attacks? He can block most of them, but I bet he can't block all of them.

DouglasDanger on
    edited October 2006
    Marathon wrote:

His distortion field is based around physics. Cable's cyberpathic abilities would have to work with an electromagnetic field. It would either be unable to penetrate Ambrose's field or would be bounced right back to Cable.

Oh, he's not immune to a physical attack. In fact, a hit from any of the dudes in this tournament would probably kill him on the spot. But his physics distortion field is optimal for avoiding direct attacks (Hulk) and disabling digital signals (Cable).

Terrorbyte on
    edited October 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Marathon wrote:

where does it say Chase is immune to any and all physical attacks? He can block most of them, but I bet he can't block all of them.

He is not immune, poor choice of words on my part. But every time someone puts forth a theory on how someone might take him down it gets the "distortion field" treatment.

Marathon on
    edited October 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    He is not immune, but every time someone puts forth a theory on how someone might take him down it gets the "distortion field" treatment.

Yeah, because it's a fight. Everyone's going to have a strength and a weakness. Don't get angry at everyone else because you're not creative enough to think of an out for, say, Cable against Chase. I mean, it's rather easy.

Cable uses a gravity-based attack on Chase. Distracting his distortion field with that attack, Cable proceeds to flood a distracted Chase with an Infonet signal. Momentarily incapacitated, Cable ruses in and punches Ambrose's head off with his techno-organic arm.

Gosh, that was hard.

Terrorbyte on
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    He is not immune, but every time someone puts forth a theory on how someone might take him down it gets the "distortion field" treatment.

Yeah, because it's a fight. Everyone's going to have a strength and a weakness. Don't get angry at everyone else because you're not creative enough to think of an out for, say, Cable against Chase. I mean, it's rather easy.

Cable uses a gravity-based attack on Chase. Distracting his distortion field with that attack, Cable proceeds to flood a distracted Chase with an Infonet signal. Momentarily incapacitated, Cable ruses in and punches Ambrose's head off with his techno-organic arm.

Gosh, that was hard.

I wasn't mad at all. Just slightly annoyed. You on the other hand are just being a dick for apparently no reason.

How is his distortion field "distracted" he can slow down time in there as well. Any gravity attack Cable tries could easily be countered by Chase by either slowing down time to give himself more time to react and by altering gravity inside his field as well to completely negate the attack in the first place.

Since he was not initially distracted, the infonet attack does not work and the physical attack fails as well.

Not as easy as we first thought now is it.

Marathon on
    edited October 2006
    Marathon wrote:

That's ... that's the whole point, dude. Which is why it's so infuriating when people are all, "Dude X wins 'cause he's kewl!"

Terrorbyte on
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Marathon wrote:

That's ... that's the whole point, dude. Which is why it's so infuriating when people are all, "Dude X wins 'cause he's kewl!"

Point out to me where I have ever made that claim in any fight and was not joking or felt the point had already been made and you'll have some ground to stand on.

I have never voted for anyone just because they are cool. I may have given some fighters less of an explanation because I personally feel the reasons are more or less obvious.

Marathon on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bigby is not even remotely strong enough to bite off Hulk's arm.

Spectre-x on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Crayon wrote:
    Hulk/Cable move on. Simply because the other characters suck.

You should probably kill yourself. Just to be safe.

If you say things like "x should move on, because he is cool and y is dumb", you should be jailed and not allowed to vote in the threads.

All arguments of skill and power aside. If you really really like Cable, you should be out of the gene pool.

Regina Fong on
    edited October 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Crayon wrote:
    Hulk/Cable move on. Simply because the other characters suck.

You should probably kill yourself. Just to be safe.

If you say things like "x should move on, because he is cool and y is dumb", you should be jailed and not allowed to vote in the threads.

All arguments of skill and power aside. If you really really like Cable, you should be out of the gene pool.

That'll learn me to have an opinion!

Furu on
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

Wait, what?

Bigby in full, gigantic wolf mode is practically a demigod.

Terrorbyte on
    edited October 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Marathon wrote:

Point out to me where I have ever made that claim in any fight and was not joking or felt the point had already been made and you'll have some ground to stand on.

Okay.
    Marathon wrote:
    Corvus wrote:
    Spider-Man and Rogue. Deadpool is fucked, Constantine is fucked, game over.

I endorse this opinion.

I agree. Spidey and Rogue all the way.

I'm just sayin'.

Terrorbyte on
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:

Wait, what?

He's certainly not as durable as Hulk, seeing as Bigby's not even bulletproof.

And Hulk's smacked gods and demigods silly.

Spectre-x on
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:

Wait, what?

He's certainly not as durable as Hulk, seeing as Bigby's not even bulletproof.

And Hulk's smacked gods and demigods silly.

Has the giant wolf been shot at? I'm thinking back to The Last Castle and the Goldilocks arc, and I can't remember if he was in his natural state in either. I guess I'll have to pop open the TPBs.

Terrorbyte on
  • FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    only a communist mutant traitor would vote against hulk.

FierceDeity666 on
    edited October 2006
    Yes. He has been shot and wounded by regular guns, which just bounce off of Hulk's skin like popcorn.

Hulk has turned worse things than Bigby inside-out. Literally. Like, huge things with tentacles and stuff.

And anyway, silver isn't the only way to kill Bigby. SInce the same rules apply to him as to a werewolf, silver can harm him, and so can fire. And I'm pretty sure that being turned into a fashionable coat by a giant green savage is one of the weaknesses of the classic wolf-man.

Spectre-x on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Hulk/Wolfy

projectmayhem on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Has it been granted that Hulk is taking 1st place this round?

I can't decide who I want for 2nd. I want to say Cable, but I can see him having trouble with Bigby (yes, I think he'd have an easier time with Ambrose than Bigby). Actually, now that I think about it, Cable does have the "throw them into space" option. Which reinforces my Cable opinion.

Scooter on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Has it been granted that Hulk is taking 1st place this round?

I can't decide who I want for 2nd. I want to say Cable, but I can see him having trouble with Bigby (yes, I think he'd have an easier time with Ambrose than Bigby). Actually, now that I think about it, Cable does have the "throw them into space" option. Which reinforces my Cable opinion.

I thought about the throwing into space option a bit. While I don't put it past Cable, I have a feeling Bibgy would just bite him in the throat or something.

Then again, what knowledge I have of Bibgy is limited and what I recall of Cable is just from Civil War and my childhood.

projectmayhem on
    edited October 2006
    Bigby wouldn't be able to bite through his force field before he was getting shot into space.

Although maybe he could get the wind to knock him back down.

Scooter on
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Is Cable really that strong? I was under the impression that his powers were mainly telekinetic, or cyberkinetic nowadays. And is his telekinesis that powerful?

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    If Cable wins first or second in this match, I quit the internets...

I mean, come on... the fucking infonet?? Despite the utter retardness of it in the first place, Cable is outmatched here in every way...

That being said, I'm thinking Hulk and Bigby for this one... Bigby just sounds cool, and I have a grudge against those Planetary punks from the Snow/Magneto fight.

Please note, this is not my fight analysis, this is just pure feelings right now.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited October 2006
    Harrier wrote:
    Is Cable really that strong? I was under the impression that his powers were mainly telekinetic, or cyberkinetic nowadays. And is his telekinesis that powerful?

Back when he had telekinesis he could pretty much do whatever the fuck he wanted. Make a giant island out of mechanical parts, deactivate worldwide viruses, make Deadpool's brain implode on a daily basis.

He's much weaker now, though. Not entirely sure Space Toss is still an option, but Infonet Mindfuck is.

Furu on
  • Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Harrier wrote:

I'm not sure, but didn't he defeat like all of the x-men in one of the earlier Cable/deadpool issues? or was that just the x-men's danger room simulation thing? Or both maybe. anyone?

Canada_jezus on
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Marathon wrote:

Okay.
    Marathon wrote:
    Corvus wrote:
    Spider-Man and Rogue. Deadpool is fucked, Constantine is fucked, game over.

I endorse this opinion.

I agree. Spidey and Rogue all the way.

I'm just sayin'.

You're an idiot and I knew you would go right here with this. That vote, as I have clearly explained to you already a couple of times was put out there because I had thought out the fight on my own personally and I agreed with what other people had said. I was not saying either of them would win because they are "cool", I honestly think they would win the fight as they would be the strongest competitors there for a number of reasons.

Marathon on
    edited October 2006
    In the last C&D [spoiler:30ef88a40a]Cable uses his forcefield to contain a nuclear explosion and funnel it into space.[/spoiler:30ef88a40a]

I'd say he can toss Bigby into space no problem.

Scooter on
    edited October 2006
    And what the fuck is with all the "LOL CABLE" shit? He's as much of a valid choice as anyone in this fight.

Furu on
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    In the last C&D [spoiler:43a60e5ef2]Cable uses his forcefield to contain a nuclear explosion and funnel it into space.[/spoiler:43a60e5ef2]

I'd say he can toss Bigby into space no problem.

Hmm that is interesting, although I agree with most and say that Hulk would be #1. Couldn't Cable just blast him into space too? I know he would survive out there no problem, but it would remove him from the arena for the DQ.

...and now I want a Peanut Buster Parfait.

Marathon on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Guys.

Guys.

Hulk is strongest one there is.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited October 2006
    It's just a race for second place, but goddamnit I grew up with Cable and I'm not going to see him thrown about and sullied like he's fucking Batroc the Leaper.

Furu on
  • Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I think Bigby has a good shot of winning. Vopal sword cuts through Cable and Chase- magical cutting through anything properties not stopped by a force field or physics distortion- or just lets Hulk have some fun with them, then huffs and puffs and blows Hulk into space.

Adaemus1sf on