As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassin's Creed: Origins - out now!

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Rogue is super interesting. I'm digging the hell out of it.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    arno just did his first murder with stunning casualness

PNk1Ml4.png
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Arno is a tool

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
    experience the storming of the bastille at a stunning ten frames per second

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Arno is unimpressive, but I don't hate him

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    When the game is running right, it's great.

Too bad running right seems to be outweighed with not running right. I was getting the thing where the npcs would flicker into different outfits every second, it was pretty trippy.

I tried a co-op mission, is it normal to not get matched up at all? Like, should I be waiting over 5 minutes to get paired up?

Also I got my lochaber axe and it's raaaaaddddd.

Oh, also tried to join the club but nope, too many requests so can't, bummer.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Everything online-related just seems kinda borked right now

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    I know I'm supposed to not like this game if I critics are to be believed. But I've never had more fun, just wandering the streets, marveling at everything around me and maybe fighting some criminals. Maybe it's because I studied abroad in Paris so I've got a more personal connection to the city, but like I can spend hours just climbing around cathedrals or just standing around inside Ste. Chapelle. I'm truly impressed by the level of details on the stained glass in there.

Fortunately, I haven't had any big framerate drops on Xbone and I'm thankful for that. The combat is a bit of an adjustment and the variety of chests and the microtransactions are REALLY fucking dumb. So is needing to unlock half the damn skills you've ever had in the previous games (like sitting on a fucking bench).

But all that said, the best change they've made is changing this game from a murder simulator to a murder-solving simulator. Just striding into the room, 'ELLO 'ELLO WHAT'S ALL THIS THEN. I'M INSPECTOR ARNO O' THE YARD AND THERE'S BEEN A MURDER.

wow the french assassins are really cultlike in a way that hasn't really been seen since masyaf

PNk1Ml4.png
    unity sequence 2
    why would I want to join the assassins after you show me their creepy drug ritual, bishop

you couldn't have shown me one of the chiller sects like the caribbean

PNk1Ml4.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    -Tal wrote: »
    unity sequence 2
    why would I want to join the assassins after you show me their creepy drug ritual, bishop

Yeah, it's...super weird that Arno even wants to join the assassins.

Not only does their initiation ritual and general attitude not really give a great first impression, but the woman he's in love with and the dude who raised the two of them were Templars.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    Stilts wrote: »
    unity sequence 2

Not only does their initiation ritual and general attitude not really give a great first impression, but the woman he's in love with and the dude who raised the two of them were Templars.
    well elise is not friendly with arno at that point and he doesn't really have anywhere else to go, so might as well check out what bellec's deal is

but they throw you in there so quick, loading sequence 3 and 2 years have passed and I have my robes and everything??

PNk1Ml4.png
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Man, these long weapon finishers. I just impaled a dude through the torso, let go of the spear and watched him fall on his face, then pulled the spear back out from the other side.

unity seems to be humanizing guards more?

the first time you kill a guard in your first for real assassin mission his buddy goes "oh god poor suzanne widowed so soon"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    unity sequence 2

well elise is not friendly with arno at that point and he doesn't really have anywhere else to go, so might as well check out what bellec's deal is

but they throw you in there so quick, loading sequence 3 and 2 years have passed and I have my robes and everything??
    Well, we've been through how many AC games at this point, with how many initiations? frankly I was glad they didn't linger too long on his training period

wY6K6Jb.gif
    also, dude is penniless, homeless and hopeless. He joins the assassins to get their help, and only the weird, trippy drug dream makes him open up to the actual ideology of it all. Pretty standard recruitment technique; there was also the whole hashishin thing at the very start of the assassin order, after all

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    People with Rogue, are there legendary ships in the game again?

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

There are
    And on the map legend there is an icon for epic legendary ships though I haven't seen one in the flesh

also, dude is penniless, homeless and hopeless. He joins the assassins to get their help, and only the weird, trippy drug dream makes him open up to the actual ideology of it all. Pretty standard recruitment technique; there was also the whole hashishin thing at the very start of the assassin order, after all
    I didn't consider the hash angle

there's no basis for that in actual history and we didn't see it in ac1, but since the french assassins seem to be a bunch of bullshit it makes sense that they would think that's a thing the legendary levantine sect did

PNk1Ml4.png
    every rifle in assassin's creed unity is """""""""""non-lethal""""""""

PNk1Ml4.png
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So ignoring this is the wrong revolution, this game is basically a Les Mis simulator.

I bought a cafe and I'm looking for the button prompt to stand up on a table and start singing "Red and Black".

The Otaku Suppository on
    So I finally get into a co-op game, and right before the last objective I'm stuck in a hay bale.

Standing straight up in it, can't move or anything. Some weird bug where I assassinated someone near it and now I'm just waist deep in jay and the only thing I can do is eagle vision.

Yay.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    So I've made it to Sequence 3 of Rogue

Story stuff
    Yeah okay I'm completely with Shay here, fuck that particular branch of the Assassins.

I'm also interested in where the modern day stuff is going. My guess is that Berg's the one who made the virus?

Also a fun gameplay thing I haven't heard being talked about much
    I really love the incorporation of some of the multiplayer elements in the form of the Stalkers in New York

I just had an amazing moment where I was pretty close to one, found her perching on top of a ledge ready to air-assassinate me, casually sleep-darted her, and then watched her splat. It was way more satisfying than it should have been, considering how many times I've been the guy on the ledge

I just want a full on Templar's Creed

Let me go back to the 12th century crusades as an anti-altair

wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited November 2014
    Or even the teutonic crusades if they can make them interesting enough, god knows aside from Medieval Total War no one's ever dealt with that period of history in games

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    okay the first few sequences of ac unity were pretty weak but this black box assassination is pretty all right

PNk1Ml4.png
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular

they're counting you bludgeoning people with its butt as nonlethal, though there are a bunch of spiky maces that are also "nonlethal"

the bullets are still p lethal though

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »

they're counting you bludgeoning people with its butt as nonlethal, though there are a bunch of spiky maces that are also "nonlethal"

the bullets are still p lethal though

No, it's cool. You're firing ich lüge rounds.

edited November 2014
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hermano wrote: »

There are
    And on the map legend there is an icon for epic legendary ships though I haven't seen one in the flesh

Are their names colored in purple, and the "regular" legendary ships colored green

Are common white-named ships "vendor trash"

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Jesus fuck did I really just stay up til 5 in the morning playing Assassin's Creed
    I have a problem

OK, when co-op chooses to work it's a shitload of fun.

I hope I can catch up with some of you guys to try it one of these days. Randoms weren't bad but these things are always more fun with people you know.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Sequence 6 of Rogue

I'm kind of really tickled by
    oblivious genius James Cook.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I've been playing Rogue since Tuesday and I'm still only on sequence 3 because I've been too busy sailing around doing everything else because this game is so fucking huge

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular

Of course! Carrying out a full long-range rifle would be ridiculous with all the parkour you're doing.

Oh, hang on a sec, let me fire an explosive grenade with a 2m radius out of the giant "silent" rifle on my back...

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Just finished the main story of Rogue.

I think we really need more appearances of Shay Cormac.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Unity is a blast.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Unity is a blast.

Yeah I just started playing it and in really liking it a lot so far. The climbing is fast and fluid and fun, I haven't had any performance issues so far, aside from a slightly crap framerate, which isn't as bad as Rogue's. I just did my first murder mystery which was pretty cool.

LxX6eco.jpg
    Definitely had some weird bugs, however.

http://youtu.be/1j5dk1Rej6I

LxX6eco.jpg
    Anyone knows which pece of the hud in Unity pops up to let you know you picked up a new song or database entry? I want to know when this stuff updates without going through and enabling every hud option one at a time

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Anyone knows which pece of the hud in Unity pops up to let you know you picked up a new song or database entry? I want to know when this stuff updates without going through and enabling every hud option one at a time

It is update.

Unfortunatly it is also the one that constantly tells you you have skill points to spend.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.