As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassin's Creed: Origins - out now!

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So a friend of mine tried to call me a sucker for getting Assassin's Creed and Far Cry, when they're just expansion packs disguised as full games that aren't worth full price

And then I showed him his own Steam profile where he has played 75 hours of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and that sure shut him up

6F32U1X.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    blrch

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I am a big fan of the Sans Culottes clothes, at least for a few days until something else strikes my fancy. I am awful at lock-picking, so I roped my better half into picking the locks. I found the chests thanks to youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6GQ74-DwAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnBzUMxk0FY

Janell is thinking about learning how to play this game, which would be super neat.

I wish I could get the co-op to work

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Yes hello. Can I have a whole game of these murder mysteries?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Victorian London Assassin's Creed where you're a Sherlock Holmes type detective assassin

wY6K6Jb.gif
    i'm done with unity but answer me this

do you get to play as the jazz age assassin y/n

6F32U1X.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait you can collect songs in Unity? Like... what kind

I'm all for Art Deco assassins but I don't see how that would work with modern city building heights

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

It's database entries on the songs you hear people sing around the place.

I was showing my mother around Paris in the game and at one point literally asked her "Do you hear the people sing?" as an actual question.

euj90n71sojo.png
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Various songs from the revolution, I think you pick them up by walking into cafes or by bands on the street? Or by renovating maybe, I'm not sure. So far I have La Marseiallise and Prise De La Bastille

wY6K6Jb.gif
    I was assuming half the score was just different arrangements of La Marseillaise
    Like in Casablanca where they just play it in different keys when triumphant or sad or Nazi stuff happens

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I don't even know what the fuck the Viking's Remains is supposed to be but I like it a lot

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    @Hobnail‌
    let us try a co-op mission, bro

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Really I hate when a dopey piece of clothing has stats I really like.

Thankfully the belt that gives you like 20 lockpicks looks nice.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Be around in approximately 1x120 minutes, I am now going to go support a sick old man by drinking booze liqour

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Really I hate when a dopey piece of clothing has stats I really like.

Thankfully the belt that gives you like 20 lockpicks looks nice.

I did not realize belts gave more lock picks. I now have 27 lock picks!

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I really wish you had two kinds of equipping: for cosmetics and for stats

If you unlock some of the Initiates outfits none of those change with your gear so you always look the same

6F32U1X.png
    My initiates stuff is still broken and doesn't list any of my previous games despite linking them all previously. The companion app works now for me so at least I can run those nomad missions and start unlocking those chests.

Oh man I'm picking up some of the tablets in Rogue and reading the emails
    Guys
    What happened to Connor

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So now the game keeps crashing whenever I try to join a MP game.

Sigh.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I don't know about Unity's new parkour

It's designed to go fast all the time but sometimes I wanna go slow

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
    I love the new parkour. It can look fluid as hell, it is some of the best animation I have ever seen.

I'm in love with the quick drop ability. Best to addition to it in a while.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Hey so freedom cry was good, right

Turns out they made it a stand alone game and I have all these playstation dollahs

Will is satisfy my ps4 assassins itch while I wait for unity to get fixed/cheap

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »

Turns out they made it a stand alone game and I have all these playstation dollahs

I really loved Freedom Cry

Adewale is a cool character, and the blunderbuss is one of my favorite weapons in the series

yes

PNk1Ml4.png
    edited November 2014
    Unity really isn't that bad. I mean, there are some kind of memory leak issues or something, and I cannot get co-op to work, but it is a goddamned blast. It looks amazing, the setting is cool, customizing the protagonist is fun and actually sort of deep and meaningful, and the protagonist is sort of a likeable jerk.

DouglasDanger on
    I totally intend to play unity at some point, because I want the huge beautiful city to run around in. Just can't afford it right now when far cry 4 is also coming out

But freedom cry is 15 bucks and I've already got the PSN cash so

Wait freedom cry was black flag dlc right

Do I get a boat

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Do I get a boat

Yes

IKknkhU.gif
    initiates is still not working for me

all the activities have "coming soon" on them and are unclickable

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Just traded in Unity

Eff that game

If they ever fix it (I bet not!) then MAYBE I'll Redbox it and finish it

But as of right now that game has become 45 bucks that is getting used for Far Cry 4

Teach me to love again, Far Cry 4

This time the reviews are actually out and people can talk about the final game to say it is not fucked up, it's just more Far Cry 3 which is a-okay by me

I've been let down too many times this year, maybe Far Cry can sa--OH FUCK BIRDS GODDAMNIT

6F32U1X.png
    initiates is still not working for me

all the activities have "coming soon" on them and are unclickable

i can't even get it to load, and the ac unity companion app is too big to fit on my phone

edited November 2014
    Things I like in unity that I want carried forward:
    More free form assassinations with options
    Free-run down
    Running through buildings and windows

Things I miss from other games and want return in the future:
    Disarming people and using their weapons
    Variable run speeds
    Bayonets

Things I do not like
    Costume pieces tied to out of game systems

Librarian's ghost on

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I'd like Unity a lot more if Arno wasn't the main character. And if they cut all the microtransaction bullshit. Oh, and if they gave me the hidden blade back.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
    Stilts wrote: »

Do I get a boat

Yes

i'm so happy

some p good ambient conversations in the cafe theatre

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    So I made a club for me and me close friends, we called it BatallaDePuebla, our tag is MAY5. I giggle everytime I see it.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

having a lotta trouble making horizontal jumps with the new controls

PNk1Ml4.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    having a lotta trouble making horizontal jumps with the new controls

Don't press either button, just hold the trigger

This discussion has been closed.