As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gul'dan! Kargath! Blackhand! Tito! Lorahalo! Regis! Derrick! [SE++ WoW]

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i mustve installed them in the wrong order or something because i dont see them in here

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Should I save my salvage bags for level 100 or are they going to roll the level I got them at? My yard is level 2 so I can get follower items.

Walt on
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Whenever I get a proper Oceanic queue in BGs I am so happy.
    I eagerly await the arena start.

Although the fact you can even earn conquest points before the first arena season starts is fucking stupid. Let alone the fact that Ashrand boxes for beating the boss had a random chance to drop (conquest) weapons until they hotfixed it.
    I will manage will the deficit but that is dumb as fuck.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    legit looking forward to PVP with the changes they've made. my prime was BC and I feel like it's been slowly going of the rails since then

less CC and less insta-heals... music to my ears

I look forward to exploiting Ashran for easy off spec 620 gear and then never PvPing on purpose after that

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Junpei wrote: »
    Whatever class Khadgar is because he sure as hell ain't just a mage

He's an archmage. What that means is he can do whatever the fuck he likes, all the time. Half the time he's around he spends about 10 seconds charging up DBZ style and then everything around him fucking explodes. Dunno why he's so worried about Gul'dan, he could look at him funny and he'd turn into a puddle of milk or some bullshit.

He was tutored under Medivh. He's basically a Guardian of Trisifal without all the bullshit "tie my lifeforce into you" rituals.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Walt wrote: »
    I look forward to exploiting Ashran for easy off spec 620 gear and then never PvPing on purpose after that

boo this man

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i just farm herbs/ore in ashran

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Lot more heroics tonight

The Leeeerrooooooyyy? achievement is really, really fun

We did the Coman one too but it was easy and not really that different from just running the dungeon.

Leroy actually pushes you to do the dungeon in quick, enjoyable way. And has a real surprise thrown in too that I fucking love Blizzard for. You all need to do it when you get the chance. I'm not going to spoil the surprise because it's pretty amazing.

Heroic Auch was a lot of fun to heal. First two bosses were snooze fests but the third was crazy and nail biting and awesome while Teron was fun in a very silly, ridiculous kind of way. Our warlock spent 100% of the fight running in circles avoiding the add because he was the only ranged dps.

We also re-did for zay the three dungeons for the first part of the legendary. Everyone hates Grimrail now. Worst dungeon in the expansion. Shit for camera angles. Shit for LOS issues. Shit middle boss that is negative fun. First boss is kinda enjoyable. Third is a snooze fest. It's an awesome idea for a dungeon poorly executed imo.

Slag is still be the best dungeon. I love the final boss so much.

My only regret is that gear is getting to a point, incredibly quickly, where I'm not really taxed on healing anymore. It's getting real easy to manage in autopilot, which is my least favorite part of healing.

I still need to do the first 3 parts of the thing and get all the followers, so one last venture to the train and that's it I swear

7yh4xczljsym.png
    I look forward to posting CC count and interrupt count meters in Heroics every time shitty DPS try to epeen their damage in PUGs as they deftly fail every single mechanic check.

Haven't been able to do that since the 'clysm.

how is the 5-man difficulty? Full-clysm? half-clysm?

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    how is the 5-man difficulty? Full-clysm? half-clysm?

Halfclysm.

In Cata some pulls absolutly needed CC in order to do them at ALL. In Warlords, CC is a valid option, however, it's not too hard just to derp the hell out and AOE it down.

However, like Cata, pulling MORE than group WILL wipe you in exceptionally painful ways.

Bosses are the same difficulty, but the Cata bosses were never "difficult" in the same sense that the trash was.

It's pretty much perfect.

On another note:

PvP is better than it EVER has been at any time in WoW's lifecycle.

The Health pool changes makes PvP survivability a little more Warhammer-esque. So it takes ALOT longer for you to die, and a decent amount of time to kill someone unless you line up everything just right. With the CC changes, everything just feels a little bit more interactive, and less "Oh I'm stunned, guess I'm dead".

Unless you're a Druid coming out of stealth then it's olol stun rip bldz u ded.

that's good to hear. i need some 3's partners in a couple of weeks!

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Junpei wrote: »
    Whatever class Khadgar is because he sure as hell ain't just a mage

He's an archmage. What that means is he can do whatever the fuck he likes, all the time. Half the time he's around he spends about 10 seconds charging up DBZ style and then everything around him fucking explodes. Dunno why he's so worried about Gul'dan, he could look at him funny and he'd turn into a puddle of milk or some bullshit.

Because Gul'dan delves into the dark side of magic, which has pretty much always been a shortcut to power at the cost of corruption, hence his contracts with the Burning Legion. It's like mages and warlocks. Mages study magic and build up their power over time. Warlocks say fuck that and make some demonic bargains to get the same power at the cost of their soul and all things good. If war is ever through, then warlocks will pretty much be told to cease and desist or be executed, because they are flat out evil and corrupt everything around them. Death Knights are similar, but the difference is that a Death Knight generally didn't have a choice to be raised into undeath and brainwashed plus they can choose to use their power, which is non-corrupting since it's not magic in the typical sense, for good.

Kadghar isn't worried about Gul'Dan because he can't beat him. For one, he was a pain in the ass to kill the FIRST time.

And two, He's worried about Gul'Dan because the Orc's gave the Legion a gigantic middle finger, when figures like Varthimas, Archimonde, and Kil'Jaeden are still alive, kicking, and ACTIVE.

You have a motly crew of Alliance and Horde desperatly trying to fight the Iron Horde, which is a handful in and of it self.

Throw Gul'Dan, Cho'gall, the Shadow Council AND the Burning Legion in its almost PRIME into the mix with it's FUCK YOU powers and it's clearly the most dangerous threat to their immediate well being.

However, all of that is mitigated, or, at least stalled by killing Gul'Dan.

Although I have a feeling that it won't matter and the end of WoD is going to be a ballscrazy three way fight between the Iron Horde, Legion, and the unified Alliance/Horde forces.

got handy notes working, up to 1500 resources

treasure hunting is fun

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    We have a major advantage against the Legion and its minions though. We know who the major players are before they've even done the things that made them famous and we can move against them.
    We cut down Teren'gor so no Teren Gorefiend, which means no first-generation Death Knights. We kill Nerzhul so no Lich King or Scourge either. Cho'gall is on the chopping block and without a good source of energy the Legion can't manifest in Draenor. Sargeras may be corrupting AU Medivh though, which would really throw a monkey wrench or dozen into the works.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Man, I'm enjoying the hell out of this expansion. Well done, blizz. I'm actually surprised at how much I'm enjoying the story, too. Never got too into it in previous expansions, but for whatever reason, it's clicking with me.

And as someone who played GuildWars 2 and did about 90% of that story.... (alliance story spoilers)
    I'm surprised how much I like Yrel. On the surface, she's Treesus 2.0. I'm the commander and she's the special chose one, but I feel like she's actually doing some of the goddamned work (unlike Treesus) so I don't mind helping another hero find her destiny this time. That's my impression about halfway thru Nagrand at least (post-Grommash Hold, which was damned cool except when I got lost)

A new piece of lore that has me intrigued is the Apexis civilization. In Burning Crusade we got some apexis crystals as currency and that was it. In Spires of Arak though, we find out that the Apexis learned how to harness Draenor's sun in a way that infused light with magic to create things that rival what we've seen in Titan constructs. I want to know more about this civilization and hope we get some more lore, or even a raid like Ulduar.

the inn is a great building

had Fiona talking with leeroy jenkins and then lore walker cho gave me a quest

reminds me of animal crossing with random villagers hanging out

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    It's easy to enjoy the story because it's Warcraft 2.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    It's easy to enjoy the story because it's Warcraft 2.

next xpac we need boats

Madican wrote: »
    We have a major advantage against the Legion and its minions though. We know who the major players are before they've even done the things that made them famous and we can move against them.
    We cut down Teren'gor so no Teren Gorefiend, which means no first-generation Death Knights. We kill Nerzhul so no Lich King or Scourge either. Cho'gall is on the chopping block and without a good source of energy the Legion can't manifest in Draenor. Sargeras may be corrupting AU Medivh though, which would really throw a monkey wrench or dozen into the works.

That's why(WoD spoilers)
    I assume Gul'Dan having a hard-on for Auch....something, was so he could have a good foothold/energysource to summon the legion, like he did in OG Outlands.

And even without First Generation Death Knights and the Lich King, Archimonde and Kil'Jaden are walking disasters. Summon one of them, especially without Velen, and Draenor is mighty fucked.

Madican wrote: »

That's why(WoD spoilers)
    I assume Gul'Dan having a hard-on for Auch....something, was so he could have a good foothold/energysource to summon the legion, like he did in OG Outlands.

And even without First Generation Death Knights and the Lich King, Archimonde and Kil'Jaden are walking disasters. Summon one of them, especially without Velen, and Draenor is mighty fucked.

I don't think Draenor is as screwed as you think, especially with the Iron Horde technology in the mix with ours.
    The War of the Legion was fought with the aid of the ancients and with basic weaponry and we still managed to beat them, even if it did take a bunch of wisps detonating on Archimonde to bring him down. We however have the Iron Star, amongst other things, which would wreak absolute havoc on the Legion. Who needs a million wisps when you can get the same results with a couple Iron Stars? Not to mention if we ever manage to squeeze the Skyfire through that portal.

Kadghar isn't worried about Gul'Dan because he can't beat him. For one, he was a pain in the ass to kill the FIRST time.

And two, He's worried about Gul'Dan because the Orc's gave the Legion a gigantic middle finger, when figures like Varthimas, Archimonde, and Kil'Jaeden are still alive, kicking, and ACTIVE.

You have a motly crew of Alliance and Horde desperatly trying to fight the Iron Horde, which is a handful in and of it self.

Throw Gul'Dan, Cho'gall, the Shadow Council AND the Burning Legion in its almost PRIME into the mix with it's FUCK YOU powers and it's clearly the most dangerous threat to their immediate well being.

However, all of that is mitigated, or, at least stalled by killing Gul'Dan.

Although I have a feeling that it won't matter and the end of WoD is going to be a ballscrazy three way fight between the Iron Horde, Legion, and the unified Alliance/Horde forces.

Hmm I never thought about this, but what a great way to end WoW and move into WC4.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    hahaha... "end WoW"

Bobble wrote: »
    Man, I'm enjoying the hell out of this expansion. Well done, blizz. I'm actually surprised at how much I'm enjoying the story, too. Never got too into it in previous expansions, but for whatever reason, it's clicking with me.

And as someone who played GuildWars 2 and did about 90% of that story.... (alliance story spoilers)
    I'm surprised how much I like Yrel. On the surface, she's Treesus 2.0. I'm the commander and she's the special chose one, but I feel like she's actually doing some of the goddamned work (unlike Treesus) so I don't mind helping another hero find her destiny this time. That's my impression about halfway thru Nagrand at least (post-Grommash Hold, which was damned cool except when I got lost)

If(spoilers for WoD and a specific character)
    Yrel wasn't already spoiled for me, I would have LOVED her arc. Still like it ALOT though.Hell, I think the Alliance is getting the better of the two refugee's(Yrel's already confirmed to be coming over to the "main" timeline)

But yeah, she's great. WoD sells your character straight as the badass it is, and Yrel's "ascent" is tempered by the fact that she's BAD at it early on, and your character helps her "find her footing", all the way until the end of Nagrand, and you and Yrel are broing out on Garrosh(Who still has his Panda health! Such a great touch.) like the bosses you both are.

She feels like less a new faction leader, and more Mass Effect companion with less dialog.

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    This is all alternate timeline weirdness though, right?

Whatever happens on Draenor stays on Draenor unless it opens a portal to current Azeroth then whoops

Jasconius wrote: »
    hahaha... "end WoW"

Yeah too much money piling in for that to be a concern right now.

WoD seems to be making up for the at least the past 2 expansions. The other two got super boring super quick.

the crazy numbers they got this weekend are a great sign for the game.

I would have been into Cata a lot more but I just had a fucking awful computer that time and would get 8FPS in 5 mans. I regret it because it had a lot of stuff I like.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Yrel is basically Liara T'Soni. Calm on the outside until you piss her off and then uh oh you done fucked up.

So having reactivated and gotten to 100 in a weekend, I realized I must have uninstalled my mods. What mods are essential, what mods are good, and what mods are overrated? Obviously I know I need DBM, but what are your guys' favorite mods for the following categories:
    Bars
    Atlas
    Mailbox/Bank/AH
    Garrison Management
    Anything else

I've kinda always used XPerl for bars but I really never cared for their adjustment interface at all.

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    so what's the best way to gear up outside of heroics

is there much gear above 630? I got my legendary ring

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    seems crafting makes quite a bit of 630+ IL gear.

The blacksmithing plans are very expensive, but the yield seems legit.

With a high upgraded garrison mine you could probably make a piece a day with a little help from the Auction House

so what's the best way to gear up outside of heroics

is there much gear above 630? I got my legendary ring

Completing the daily Challenge Mode gets you a guaranteed 640 epic. It's not an easy path to gearing though. My friend sold CM carries all throughout Mists and it took him two hours to do the CM Iron Docks last night. Got a nice chestpiece out of it though.

Aside from that, it's pretty much crafting and waiting for raids to open.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Questing in the highest level areas with a Bunker (increased chance of blue/purple upgrade) can net you like 610/630 items I think.

hmm, I don't have any crafting buildings really

I have engineering and salvage, salvage hasn't done anything useful for me yet

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Yrel is basically Liara T'Soni. Calm on the outside until you piss her off and then uh oh you done fucked up.

So having reactivated and gotten to 100 in a weekend, I realized I must have uninstalled my mods. What mods are essential, what mods are good, and what mods are overrated? Obviously I know I need DBM, but what are your guys' favorite mods for the following categories:
    Bars
    Atlas
    Mailbox/Bank/AH
    Garrison Management
    Anything else

I've kinda always used XPerl for bars but I really never cared for their adjustment interface at all.

I, too, need to know these things.

I'd like to move the tooltip to my mouse (TipBuddy?), have better (i.e - plainer) unit frames, cleaner bars (Bartender?) and other requisite mods.

Also, coming from ArcheAge, I miss two things:

- Hitting F to interact with things. I know I can do it without a mod, but I still have to click 'Accept' or 'Complete' in the quest frame. I'm looking for a way to automate that.

- A bigger minimap. I'd love to have a double wide, super transparent minimap up at all times. Is there such a mod?

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Spoilers for a certain Nagrand Cutscene (Dunno if Alliance got it, or it was just Horde)
    When Thrall rushed in to 'rescue us'. (Seriously I was fine, chipping off his health dammit), I groaned and realized he was going to kill steal. Then the cinematic happened, and it totally made up for that. Thrall shows why he's Azeroth's greatest Shaman, and calmly, but devastatingly destroys Garrosh. Give the cinematics crew a raise.

This discussion has been closed.