As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Superheroes] Cheese beam from the cheese dimension

BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
edited November 2014 in Social Entropy++
Cheese of all kinds!

Movie cheese!

tspUiGI.jpg

TV cheese!

Agents of S.H.A.R.P.H.A.M.
1132.jpg

Aura
300px-Aura_cheese.jpg

Feta
recipe-1641.jpg

Cotherstone
g-cigolini-close-up-of-cheese-cotherstone-with-a-rotten-pear-and-walnuts.jpg

Gotham
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwOPA2upeCA

CHEESE!

BionicPenguin on

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I just read Avengers 34.1. Damn

Why does Marvel write better Superman stories than DC?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Probably because the writers at Marvel actually like Superman

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I hope Vegeta gets substantially stronger. Would be very nice to see even if he'll never surpass Goku

Battle of Gods:
    He does briefly manage to obtain a power level that surpassed Goku's during his rage over Bulma getting injured.

That was one of the highlight moments for me as it carried on the theme from the original series that Vegeta is always at his best when he's fighting for someone else's sake, rather than his own.

I'd say the odds are high he will eventually obtain a Super Saiyan God form. Whether it'll happen in this movie is still up in the air.

Though to be fair I've heard Johns is doing fine right now writing Supes.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Fantastic OP. I Approve.

Undead Scottsman on
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    A five year timeskip? And man, Young Justice is huge now, and-

THEY SANK MY SHIP!?

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    FX is trying to make From Hell into a TV series now

The producer of the film is also producing this version.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Anyone check out the solictations for DC's February comics yet. The cover for Batman & Robin is pretty nice.
    BMROB-Cv39-R1-62ece.jpg

I hope Vegeta gets substantially stronger. Would be very nice to see even if he'll never surpass Goku

Battle of Gods:
    He does briefly manage to obtain a power level that surpassed Goku's during his rage over Bulma getting injured.

That was one of the highlight moments for me as it carried on the theme from the original series that Vegeta is always at his best when he's fighting for someone else's sake, rather than his own.

I'd say the odds are high he will eventually obtain a Super Saiyan God form. Whether it'll happen in this movie is still up in the air.
    Not gonna lie, if Vegeta is the one to defeat Freeza at the end I'll lose my shit.

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    FX is trying to make From Hell into a TV series now

The producer of the film is also producing this version.

The ongoing battle to torture Alan Moore into insanity by making his book sales jump due to adaptations he hates with a firey passion.

Dedwrekka on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    NA-112771.jpg
    Apparently Morrison trying to do a Rorschach analogue version of The Question is just JLU Question

CYpGAPn.png
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    That good, because JLU Question is the best Question

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Honestly, and this will obviously never happen for a variety of reasons, but I'd like to see Watchmen redone to feature the originally planned Charlton characters.

Or at least, I'd be interested in seeing that version.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Honestly, and this will obviously never happen for a variety of reasons, but I'd like to see Watchmen redone to feature the originally planned Charlton characters.

that's the exact premise of the next issue of multiversity, i am pretty sure

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

that's the exact premise of the next issue of multiversity, i am pretty sure
    It isn't the same premise but it is thematically very similar

CYpGAPn.png
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I sure hope so.

I can't WAIT for FF to crash and burn. It will be glorious to watch.

I just hope it doesn't hurt comic films in general.

If that really is the synopsis for the movie, it might hurt films in general.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Victor Doomashev is a anti-social Eastern European computer programmer and hacktivist who calls himself "Doom". He hates the 1%, particularly Storm, whom he claims corrupts science for profit.

STOP NO NO PLEASE STOP THIS NOW

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I thought we already went on about this synopsis in the previous thread?

edited November 2014
    Reed is a genius convenience store clerk with Ben. Reed's parents don't care about him, and Ben's dad is abusive.
    As a distraction, he reprograms a bunch of stolen military drones, the "Doombots", to attack the building.

Like, that synopsis is about as distilled of "shitty hollywood adaptation" you'd ever get. I'm really hoping it's fake.
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I thought we already went on about this synopsis in the previous thread?

We were discussing Doom being a hacker, as revealed by the actor who portrays him. This is a full on crap-splosion.

Undead Scottsman on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The best cheeses are cheddar, mozzarella and Cap 2 and GOTG

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    That good, because JLU Question is the best Question

That's just because nobody remembers Dennis O'Neil's 80s Question.

tumblr_mkkmdxd8U21rwfocao1_500.jpg

see in my Question pitch it's actually Renee Montoya but she identifies as male while she's in costume

the new fantastic four movie sounds kind of similar in tone to the andrew garfield spidermans

i kind of want it to be as dogshit awful as possible, like that synopsis isn't even as bad as i want it to be

i want reed richards to turn to the camera and flip off the audience and ask them what the hell they've done with their lives. i want them to chop off the thing's dick

Wherein we learn that Crimson King's real name is Mark Millar.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    the new fantastic four movie sounds kind of similar in tone to the andrew garfield spidermans

i kind of want it to be as dogshit awful as possible, like that synopsis isn't even as bad as i want it to be

i want reed richards to turn to the camera and flip off the audience and ask them what the hell they've done with their lives. i want them to chop off the thing's dick

Alternatively, a running joke about how the Thing's dick is now made of rock

Actually wait I guess the last batch of F4 movies had superhero themed dick jokes, didn't it

edited November 2014

"And in movie news, Fox's controversial Fantastic Four has eclipses the Avengers worldwide boxoffice of 1.52 billion. Critics lay the credit on the "gritty and real" characters, and a plot with exceptional pathos."

Undead Scottsman on
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    The convenience store Reed works at is the Fab Fuel, Food, and Fizz. That's where they get their logo.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    why would you do that to Doom

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    So I'm reading through Kingdom Come right now after a professor of mine lent it to me. I'm really enjoying it. It's actually the first DC I've read myself, so while it's not really an introduction to these characters, it's definitely the most time I've spent with them.

It helps when you've absorbed a lot of lore through osmosis, ie. this thread.

Gustav wrote: »
    The convenience store Reed works at is the Fab Fuel, Food, and Fizz. That's where they get their logo.

I'm trying real hard to make a slurpee name out of Galactus.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i love that the key thing that makes Reed good, as established in the comics and is core to his character, is immediately eliminated in the script

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    why would you do that to Doom

Because Doctor Doom sounds too goofy

What do you think this is, a kids movie?

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Langly wrote: »
    i love that the key thing that makes Reed good, as established in the comics and is core to his character, is immediately eliminated in the script

his white brother-in-law??

i love kingdom come

i remember when kingdom come superman came into the regular dc universe for something, i think maybe to fight superboy prime? it was awesome.

Mole Man works at the store too. He makes makes mole for the gas station food.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Keith wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »

his white brother-in-law??

his dad!

This discussion has been closed.