As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

South Pinny Proxy!

HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
edited January 2015 in Pinny Arcade
Hey all, it's me, Happendy.

You may remember me as the guy who asked 3 days before AUS for 20 AUS sets and being blessed by an Angel known widely around these parts as @PedroAsani‌ with 19 AUS sets. Now I plan on doing this for anyone who wants a South set.. You know... To offset the karma... Totally not so I can stock up on Merch pins. ANYWAYS. Since South is a new PAXen, and not everyone has a pin pal over here yet. I thought I'd help everyone out by bringing a suitcase full of pins to Prime/East for everyone to have.
I'll be at both Prime and East, so PAX pickup is an option at those PAXen. I will NOT be at AUS. I'm sorry, nothing against ya'll, it's the ocean.

I'd prefer to do a cash exchange at Prime/East/I'm local to Seattle. I could likely ask someone nicely if they can bring the pins back to Boston. If you really want to do a mail order, I wont ask for money until I have the pins in my hand. Just paypal it to me <3

I'm only going to be proxying for the Core sets + Any other pins that are purchasable. This means no limited edition pins or pins I have to stand in a line for longer than 40 minutes for. Cutoff is Thursday night before South because reasons.

PM me if interested

List of Reservations
@dchoy‌ 2-3 + Vendor
@Geometric Cube‌ 1<
@Happendy‌ 20
@misskass‌ 5
@JKwon‌ 3
@big haircut‌ 2
@Geometric Cube‌ 10 + Vendor
@Khraul‌ 1
@agentcooper‌ 1
@luckycharm‌ 2 + Vendor
@MrLukeCarroll‌ 2 + Vendor
@sirmrej‌ 2/3 + Vendor(?)
@agentcooper‌ "Some" sets + Vendor
@Geometric Cube‌ "Maybe" 10 + Vendor
@SKOoOTA‌ 2 + Vendor
@Gerzzog‌ 2 + Vendor
@Tigger796‌ 1
@Pruncible‌ 1
@Luthien‌ 1+LRR
@dooonutt‌ 2 + 2 Vendor (AUS)
@MerrickUMD‌ 1+Vendor
@Rayner‌ 1+Vendor (AUS)
@TristanP‌ 1 + Vendor?
@sennohki‌ 2 + 2 Vendor
@Solelron‌ 1

Happendy on

• Geometric CubeGeometric Cube Registered User regular
    I will be PMing you later. Will definately be wanting more than one core set.

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    I can help you bring them to east.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Good luck on Merch Pins. They ran out of those on the first day. By the time I got yours (end of third day, because Hilton Melbourne overdrew my bank by $7000) they had even run out of Jeff and Kristin heads.

I have no idea about LE Pins for South, but I would imagine there are going to be plenty of vendor Pins people want. I shall be trying to get stuff, but extras will no doubt be sparse.

• HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Damn, that popular yeah?
    I was actually serious about doing it from the bottom of my cold icy heart. But you guys never had any doubt, right?

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Happendy wrote: »
    Damn, that popular yeah?
    I was actually serious about doing it from the bottom of my cold icy heart. But you guys never had any doubt, right?

It was really interesting to see the difference between how Aussies hit the merch booth and the way US people do it. Almost everyone at Aus was buying at the Merch level, some several times over. In the US the spend is a lot lower, and Brian said he was unprepared for it. It turns out that because there are fewer events like this, people are saving up and willing to part with a lot more cash. That the prices were more reasonable (no "Australia Tax") helped even more.

I'm also going to be there, but possibly Enforcing and I am uncertain how much time I will have for Pin stuff. My group has another person there, but I won't be doing as much as I normally do.

• JKwonJKwon Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    PM'd!

PAX Prime 2010 [x]
    PAX Prime 2011 [x]
    PAX Prime 2012 [x]
    PAX Prime 2013 [x]
    PAX Prime 2014 [x]
    PAX Prime 2015 [x]

https://pinnypals.com/pals/5Panel
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    And PM'd

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ditt-OH!

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • luckycharmluckycharm Perth, AURegistered User regular
    PM'd with Hugs included!

• GerzzogGerzzog OhioRegistered User regular
    Your numbers are getting huge. Do you still have room to get sets for peeps? mainly me?

My boyfriend works for fedex. I'll just divide shipping cost and stick it onto the price. Should end up being an extra dollar a set maybe?

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Happendy wrote: »
    My boyfriend works for fedex. I'll just divide shipping cost and stick it onto the price. Should end up being an extra dollar a set maybe?
    Also I can take them home with me if people would like to do east meet up.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
    I haven't had time to update my original post and put that in. I really do appreciate that @darkinfero‌ and I'm sure other people do as well.

How many days until PAX? I lost count. 63?

• evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    Do you know if any Australians are going to south? After getting into the pin scene after Pax Aus, it would be cool to see if I could source some of the American pins.

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
    evil santa wrote: »
    Do you know if any Australians are going to south? After getting into the pin scene after Pax Aus, it would be cool to see if I could source some of the American pins.

Hopefully @Duckie‌ if everything lines up.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Umm pretty sure her spare case is going to be filled up with everything she's bringing back for me.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Umm pretty sure her spare case is going to be filled up with everything she's bringing back for me.

Lies. I will be in that case. I can't afford another plane ticket.

• sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    Just PMed you! I'm so excited.

Updated my list.
    My return luggage will be...interesting

How did you want payment for our shares of the sets? Is there an email we can send funds to?

PAX Prime 2010 [x]
    PAX Prime 2011 [x]
    PAX Prime 2012 [x]
    PAX Prime 2013 [x]
    PAX Prime 2014 [x]
    PAX Prime 2015 [x]

JKwon wrote: »
    How did you want payment for our shares of the sets? Is there an email we can send funds to?

Nevermind, sorry

PAX Prime 2010 [x]
    PAX Prime 2011 [x]
    PAX Prime 2012 [x]
    PAX Prime 2013 [x]
    PAX Prime 2014 [x]
    PAX Prime 2015 [x]

• misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    What's considered a 'vendor' pin?

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    misskass wrote: »

Any of the 3rd party pins that can be bought from booths - behemoth, tinman, comic artists etc.

• misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    misskass wrote: »

Any of the 3rd party pins that can be bought from booths - behemoth, tinman, comic artists etc.

Hm... I'm going to need to send another PM to Happendy.

• GerzzogGerzzog OhioRegistered User regular
    Hey I know it has been a bit since this post was created and such. But is there anyone who would still be willing to proxy for me? I do not have a pin pal for south and it would be awesome if someone could get me the merch pins. I can trade or reimburse whatever works best. Just hit me up on here or in a pm thanks!

Hey @Gerzzog‌ . since the deadline is on Thursday before South, I'll still be able to add you to the list.

• EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I will probably need a proxy also. It looked like for a little bit I might have been able to be at South myself but it's not looking good. It's hard to say what I will want without the list out, but chances are it'll just be 1 south set...let me know if you can tack me on! (I am also local to you so no shipping!)

• LuthienLuthien Halifax, NSRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately my pin pal trading group seems to have gone dead, so hoping for a south set myself ( and fingers crossed for a Loading Ready Run pin). I can with pay you for it or trade... Hoping you still have a spot on your list.

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Is there a limit to the number of PAX sets one can purchase in a single transaction?

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
  • Tubby2877Tubby2877 Addicted Pinner Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I thought that was only for limited editions and not the normal pax sets of pins

• DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    At Aus it was 4 Aus sets per transaction

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
    I've had no problems in the past buying 3 sets, grabbing a Merch pin and then going in line again. I know this is likely to be frowned upon at least in AUS, due to a more limited supply, but if all else fails, I'll just make sure that everyone on the list gets one and exactly one set to ensure maximum fairness.

Im going to try to answer as many questions as possible and likely make a final count sheet on Wednesday before PAX.

I'm also going to reach out to anyone who asked to have their set mailed.

• RaynerRayner Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Is it too late to get in on this?

• evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    I'd like to chime in and ask the same question...

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • LuthienLuthien Halifax, NSRegistered User regular
    I'll go with the me three again ;)

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    I'd like in on this. trying to understand plans and potential costs but definitely want south exclusives once they are announced.

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    Solelron wrote: »
    I'd like in on this. trying to understand plans and potential costs but definitely want south exclusives once if they are announced.

fix'd

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    Solelron wrote: »
    I'd like in on this. trying to understand plans and potential costs but definitely want south exclusives once if they are announced.

fix'd

ok ok..fair LOL :) they could use south as a catchup Con :)

• squarexbearsquarexbear Registered User regular
    Hi! PM'd you yesterday! Hoping you've still got room for me on the list :D