As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gul'dan! Kargath! Blackhand! Tito! Lorahalo! Regis! Derrick! [SE++ WoW]

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Salvage is used to get crates doing Garrison missions, which sometimes contain items that boost follower ilevels. Bunker also enables work orders for these items in addition to boosting the chance of a bonus upgrade.

You need a follower at 615 ilevel to unlock the first "good" tier of Garrison missions. 630 ilevel to unlock the next tier with better rewards. 645 ilevel will unlock the raid missions that award you with a piece of raid gear one tier above what you're currently raiding.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Got the same cinematic in Nagrand on Alliance side, and it was absolutely amazing.

SeñorAmor wrote: »
    - A bigger minimap. I'd love to have a double wide, super transparent minimap up at all times. Is there such a mod?

Try Sexymap. Not sure if you can mess with the size, but it's a very popular minimap tool.

Bobble on
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    The horde version is a war mill not bunker just fyi

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    You need a follower at 615 ilevel to unlock the first "good" tier of Garrison missions. 630 ilevel to unlock the next tier with better rewards. 645 ilevel will unlock the raid missions that award you with a piece of raid gear one tier above what you're currently raiding.

Does the follower ilvl not show up before they hit 100? I've got some items to raise it but no idea how or where to do so.

Ilevel only shows up at 100 on a follower yeah

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    I'm kind of wondering what we're meant to be doing later on in this patch though

Like pandaria had so many dailies, too many really, but now in this all the reps are boring vanilla mob grinds

They really should have tried to reach a middle ground there. I still want to finish shaohao on my death knight but I don't know if I have it in me for any more mob grinds

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Also cilla I realized afterwards that I could have set up my portal things when playing grabass with teron's abyssa

In my defense I didn't know how the fixate actually worked till then

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    If I replace a level 2 garrison building, will it be level 2 if I put it back?

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Wow, I am not a fan of the restrictions they put on the character you boost to 90.

I boosted my ele shaman, and all he had to start out was LB, Lava Burst, Flame Shock, and Lightning shield. After closing the portal I got healing surge. Have no talents, no mastery, no passives. Also couldn't fly in the old world (even though I had a license) and it won't let me take the starter griffon off of my bars.

I get that they try and make it simple to start for people that haven't played the class before, but it ends up making the first bunch of quests kinda damn hard. My damage output is so low that I pretty much have to spam HS to stay alive against one dude. Pulling more than one guy is almost a guaranteed death.

I feel like an actual new player is going to get curb stomped if they get thrown into this.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    When I boosted before the expansion came out I just did the quests in the blasted lands, did you not do those? Because I got all of my talents and everything in like 20 minutes.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Wasn't there a thing that if you either went into an instance or swapped specs it just unlocked without jumping through the quest hoops? Am I hallucinating blue posts?

edit: sorry, queue for an instance. Not sure if you have to go in or not. This - us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15269756831

wrong_button on
    edited November 2014
    Thank you!

edit: it's not working :(

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    take the starter griffon off of my bars

You can do this?!

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    when I level boosted my hunter all I had was steady shot and aimed shot

it wasn't too different from normal

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    seems crafting makes quite a bit of 630+ IL gear.

The blacksmithing plans are very expensive, but the yield seems legit.

With a high upgraded garrison mine you could probably make a piece a day with a little help from the Auction House

all of the true iron ingots are made via work orders or the blacksmithing daily or bought with primal spirits for 10 a pop

I'm at 73 true iron and I could only make it faster if I farmed a place like The Pit for primal spirits

edited November 2014
    Jeez. Both of the things that blue post said to do aren't working.

Also I picked earthgrab totem when I unlocked lvl 30 talents and I can't use it because I haven't unlocked totems yet, this is ridiculous.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

With a high upgraded garrison mine you could probably make a piece a day with a little help from the Auction House

all of the true iron ingots are made via work orders or the blacksmithing daily or bought with primal spirits for 10 a pop

I'm at 73 true iron and I could only make it faster if I farmed a place like The Pit for primal spirits

oh, i overestimated how much you could smelt in a day. the "tutorial" one gives you bonus ingots

Made a Gladiator Arena for my second Medium because each tribute gives a blue piece of PvP gear along with some other stuff. Also will unlock the Highmaul Arena once it hits Level 3, which won't take long in Ashran once I've got more PvP gear.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    wait so, can I replace my barracks? We get two mediums?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    At Garrison Level 3 you get two larges, two mediums, three smalls.

oh

that is way, way, way less restrictive than I thought

I think I can get everything I want for the most part

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    also I fucked up replacing my tannery and my trade post

I could've kept them and then built salvage and inn later

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

oh, i overestimated how much you could smelt in a day. the "tutorial" one gives you bonus ingots

yeah it's 1 bar per work order with a shot at some sorcerous fire and earth, and if you have a blacksmith follower working at your forge it'll usually be 2 bars per work order

and then you've got the daily CD bars, which is a minimum of 4 and then more depending on how high your blacksmithing level is (at 609 when I did mine today I got 5 bars)

• SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Good fucking lord. This game has been out for what, a decade now? And Blizzard still forces you to completely close the entire fucking client to reload addons? There's no reload option to rescan addons so I can add/delete them for testing on the fly? I seriously have to completely log out and restart the whole goddamn game? Seriously?

Or am I being a complete idiot and missing something? I've been away for awhile and it is certainly possible.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    People that rush to 100 in a couple days, and then have nothing better to do but fuck with people still leveling should have their face removed.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Good fucking lord. This game has been out for what, a decade now? And Blizzard still forces you to completely close the entire fucking client to reload addons? There's no reload option to rescan addons so I can add/delete them for testing on the fly? I seriously have to completely log out and restart the whole goddamn game? Seriously?

Or am I being a complete idiot and missing something? I've been away for awhile and it is certainly possible.
    There's still a shit load of legacy code in the game.

If I remember right, they can't really do much with the main backpack because it's such a central piece of the whole game it would fuck everything up.

So, that's gonna be 16 slots and people go WHAT THE FUCK, but that's just how it is.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    cant you muck with addons and reloadui for them from the esc menu now

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I haven't tried it for downloading and enabling new addons while in-game, but I know you can enable/disable addons at will without logging out, yeah

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I know I'm biased having only played Horde, but when was the last time the alliance did anything important.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I was able to add a new mod with only reload ui straight from moving it into the add-on folder whole the game was on and everything. It was great.

i love treasure hunting

also doing parkour on my talbuk with disengage

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I have always been terrible about altitis, and it seems that I still am.

BahamutZERO.gif
    i love treasure hunting

also doing parkour on my talbuk with disengage

I like treasure hunting

I hate that blizzard still thinks the game is built for jump puzzles

The caves in Talador are clever and fun, but the archaeology stuff in Arak is fucking terrible.

And then there is that nagrand bag. I have very strong feelings about whoever put that bag there and gave us only a glider to reach it.

jump puzzles are easy when you get a second jump

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    I would imagine so.

Radius wrote: »
    I know I'm biased having only played Horde, but when was the last time the alliance did anything important.

Prophet Velen does shit in Shadowmoon Valley in this expansion. Other than that,

...basically never, I guess. All the important NPCs of alliance races aren't actually part of the Alliance. They're all either independent or part of neutral factions, like Dalaran, the Cenarion circle, or the various Paladin Orders. It's why I've been sorta/kinda RPing (as in, just in my head) my paladin as a full time member of the Argent Crusade since WotLK.

There's cutscenes in raids and stuff where the Alliance Leaders do stuff, but those don't count since if you play horde the Horde leaders are there.

Pretty much the only Alliance NPC that does stuff on the reg is Brann Bronzebeard.

But Blizzard (i.e. Metzen) has always cared about the Horde way more. BC was pretty much all about the Blood Elves, even though we were on the Draenei's home world. WotLK was 90% neutral factions. Cataclysm was a complete shit show for Alliance. Lost every single battle except one, which is portrayed as the Alliance only winning through cowardice, and horde players basically chase them out on their own during the quest chain. Also like all of the low-level human quests in Cata dealt with how shitty it is to live in Stormwind and its territory. Cairn dying was an important part of the Horde's story in Cata, but I didn't even know Magni died till I got lost in Ironforge on an alt and noticed the door to old Ironforge was open. At least we got to beat the crap out of Staghelm in Firelands.

And then MoP was both factions passing the idiot ball back and forth till the end when it was all about the Horde again with Siege.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    The best part of siege is when we, the Horde, have finished killing everybody and dethroning Garrosh and King Anime Douchehair is all "OK I WILL LET YOU LIVE, THIS TIME" like he can do anything about it

mkc.png
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    The best part of siege is when we, the Horde, have finished killing everybody and dethroning Garrosh and King Anime Douchehair is all "OK I WILL LET YOU LIVE, THIS TIME" like he can do anything about it

That cutscene makes more sense for alliance players, since you do all the heavy lifting then.

But lets be honest, the only reason Alliance is there is because Blizzard can't make a raid that only half the player base is allowed into.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Wow these crash course videos blizzard did for new 90 boosted characters are really good at making every class sound really boring

BahamutZERO.gif
    BOOM BAM LEVEL 3 GARRISON

now time to tame chimaeron and have the 5 hydra stampede

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
This discussion has been closed.