As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gul'dan! Kargath! Blackhand! Tito! Lorahalo! Regis! Derrick! [SE++ WoW]

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Hit 100 yesterday while questing in Spires, finally got my salvage yard too, hoping I can manage to get the 300~ resources I need relatively soon for my garrison upgrade so I can build a barn and get some mats churning.

Mine and Skin and mine and skin and

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Work work.
    Work is the poop.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    taming chimaeron was super easy

team hydra is go

then i found this guy http://www.wowhead.com/npc=77140/amaukwa#drops
    rylaks are cool

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    oh no that flavor text

Additional note, I think my favourite new quest so far is in Arak.
    I've already forgotten the name because I suck, but it gives you a quest item for an Elite/Boss-ish fight against one of the Cat dudes.

The item shines a light beam that distracts him and he is forced to chase / pounce at it.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Good fucking lord. This game has been out for what, a decade now? And Blizzard still forces you to completely close the entire fucking client to reload addons? There's no reload option to rescan addons so I can add/delete them for testing on the fly? I seriously have to completely log out and restart the whole goddamn game? Seriously?

Or am I being a complete idiot and missing something? I've been away for awhile and it is certainly possible.

You're missing something. Just /reload. You can enable or disable addons by hitting escape and clicking addons.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I have always been terrible about altitis, and it seems that I still am.
    Yes, this is me.

The druid's varied roles helped me stick with that for a few years, but it's been a let down to see cat and bear pulled further and further apart.

The altitis is coming back strong, it's pretty hard to pick one class to stick to.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Hit 100 yesterday while questing in Spires, finally got my salvage yard too, hoping I can manage to get the 300~ resources I need relatively soon for my garrison upgrade so I can build a barn and get some mats churning.

My key to success grinding out the level 3 town hall and then resources for the new plots was hunting down treasures and heading to the opposing starting zone for all of their rares since they all seem to drop around 15 resources.

steam_sig.png
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Visskar wrote: »

My key to success grinding out the level 3 town hall and then resources for the new plots was hunting down treasures and heading to the opposing starting zone for all of their rares since they all seem to drop around 15 resources.

Installed HandyNotes with Draenor Treasure notes on it last night for this very reason. Really helps that it shows on the map "There's an item right here that gives 100 garrison resources" etc etc. It almost feels like cheating, but I found a decent number on my own while leveling to 100, so this'll keep things fresh leveling alts.

Really need a follower to work the lumber mill.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I didn't have time to sit down with the game yesterday, but I got to log in a few times to manage my garrison and ended the day with a few xp bars from follower missions and a butt load of lumber mill and engineering work orders.

It sucked a lot less than not being able to play at all.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    The more I get into the Garrison the more I enjoy it...and desperately want them to adapt that to a mobile app.

Also this Plainsthunder set (helm and shoulders that I'm currently wearing) seem like they could be pretty nice for a Paladin or Warrior outfit to me.

Q2HSZTj.jpg

• SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Good fucking lord. This game has been out for what, a decade now? And Blizzard still forces you to completely close the entire fucking client to reload addons? There's no reload option to rescan addons so I can add/delete them for testing on the fly? I seriously have to completely log out and restart the whole goddamn game? Seriously?

Or am I being a complete idiot and missing something? I've been away for awhile and it is certainly possible.

You're missing something. Just /reload. You can enable or disable addons by hitting escape and clicking addons.

Perhaps, but I've done everything everyone has said since my post.

/reload didn't do anything.
    Logging out to the char select screen didn't do anything.
    Trying the slash commands for the new addons didn't do anything.
    None of the new addons showed up in the addon list. In fact, the addons button didn't even appear (I originally started the game with zero addons, and added while playing with the Curse client), until I completely exited out of the game and restarted.

I tried this on my desktop two nights ago and my laptop last night, so I must be doing something wrong. I just can't figure out what it is.

try this instead
    /console reloadui

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    The more I get into the Garrison the more I enjoy it...and desperately want them to adapt that to a mobile app.
    If I could send my guys on little missions with a mobile app, I would be so happy.

• SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    try this instead
    /console reloadui

I will definitely try that when I get home tonight, but isn't /reload just a pointer to /console reloadui ?

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So it seems that it's JUST lumber where you can't start workloads while the materials are in your bank

which is super dumb!

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    So it seems that it's JUST lumber where you can't start workloads while the materials are in your bank

which is super dumb!

Also dumb: Lumber is (if I remember) 'Unique (250)'

If I wanna farm up 1,000 lumber, just let me. Not like I can trade it to my alts anyway.

try this instead
    /console reloadui

I will definitely try that when I get home tonight, but isn't /reload just a pointer to /console reloadui ?
    Ya, but I only ever knew of the /console one so I googled it - looks like the shortened version only works with ace2 installed

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i like that all the professions have been sort of reset. i can actually do cooking and fishing now. never had patience for that shit before.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    try this instead
    /console reloadui

Ya, but I only ever knew of the /console one so I googled it - looks like the shortened version only works with ace2 installed

I don't have that.

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    /reload should work...Blizzard added it to the base ui in MoP (I think)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Reload didn't work for me when I tried to update dbm and milk glass but relaunching takes a minute so I didn't care

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    eu server instability

5 days on

hm

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

which is super dumb!

The stone you need for the mine work orders also needs to be in your bags.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    Just did Skyreach and most of the drops I got were lower than what I had from questing, so I'm feeling a bit stuck with how to get the ilevel I need for the other dungeons, let alone heroics. Guess I'll just keep questing and hope it throws me into the level 100 zone soon.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Nagrand treasures range from 616-620 ilevel with a chance at upgrading to epic 630 I believe.

If you're a strength class then go for the 2H sword in the crystal on Oshugan, you need a glider to reach it. If you manage to pull an epic though then it's BiS until raids.

Anyone struggling to beat the carrot can borrow my frogs, or copy my frog strategy of spam frog kiss until I get some lucky crits/transforms to win

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Just did Skyreach and most of the drops I got were lower than what I had from questing, so I'm feeling a bit stuck with how to get the ilevel I need for the other dungeons, let alone heroics. Guess I'll just keep questing and hope it throws me into the level 100 zone soon.

Travel the world, kill rare spawns, jump straight to heroics. There's a full set of ilvl 620 blue armor for every category, that can be 630 epic if you RNG it. I found an offhand and shield, too, but am unsure if there are weapons (WoWhead has the datamined items but not their sources for staffs, which is what I looked at, specifically). Some of these rare spawns have a respawn timer pushing 90 - 120 minutes, so be prepared to spend some gold flying around scouting for skulls.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Download HandyNotes + DraenoreTreasures_HandyNotes. It will tell you on your map and minimap where there's treasure/rares, what they drop, and how to get there (in the case of Nagrand gliders).

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    Anyone struggling to beat the carrot can borrow my frogs, or copy my frog strategy of spam frog kiss until I get some lucky crits/transforms to win
    Or use 2 water striders.

steam_sig.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I think the only way I managed to hit 80 in wrath was that it only took about as much time and work or less to reach 60 then as it took to reach 40 in vanilla or something, and then the new content I hadn't seen in outland and northrend carried me on from there. Northrend was way more fun than outland but I dunno if that was because it was better or because the endgame at the time, and outland would have been similarly fun when it was the endgame.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i enjoyed Outland a lot at the time, Netherstorm 4 lyfe

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i enjoyed Outland a lot at the time, Netherstorm 4 lyfe

I enjoyed both Netherstorm and Nagrand.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Cruising around my level 3 garrison today looking for a follower I had set to bodyguard but was unable to locate, I discovered a portal to Ashran through the exit left of the mine (Horde). Didn't realize we got a free portal in the garrison, now I can rebind my hearthstone.

steam_sig.png
    My hearth will forever be shrine of two moons

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    It is probably the best hearth

But.man

I'm so tired of two moons

Not as tired as I am already of warspear though. What an awful layout.

Zay wrote: »
    My hearth will forever be shrine of two moons

I picked up a Cloak of Cooperation right before WoD in case I needed a quick jump to Orgrimmar, but I will definitely set my hearth to Shrine. So easy to access any land mass from the portal room. It just needs a gate to Booty Bay for lower EK access to make it perfect.

steam_sig.png
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    So after a lot of playtime, the 100 DK talents just seem like junk.

Necrotic Plague is tank only as they're the only ones that take advantage of extra rp but even then you end up having to refresh it from 0 over and over. Defile deals only ok damage, doesn't spread very far and has limited effectiveness in pvp. Breath of Sindragosa is just a waste of time. Weak damage only effective during rp soaks with a so small as to be useless healing component.

Hasn't stopped me from enjoying the hell out of unholy though.

This discussion has been closed.