As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL]PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Worked out pretty good because I just lost Brandin Cooks in one league for probably the rest of the fantasy season.

are you me

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Worked out pretty good because I just lost Brandin Cooks in one league for probably the rest of the fantasy season.

are you me

I don't know.... Maybe?

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Yo, Langly‌

Are we doing the top 3 teams from each division make the playoffs in the dynasty league? I'm trying to figure out if I'm making it or not.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Legarette Blount released from the Steelers. He walked out during the game because he felt he wasn't getting enough carries.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Yeah definitely sit the guy who ran for 200 yards for a couple drives so your bum ass can get in the game. Good call legarette

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Has anyone ever seen me and Langly in the same room at the same time?

• Options
    I could see the Giants picking up one of these guys. They've been pretty beat up at the running back position

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Yo, Langly‌

Are we doing the top 3 teams from each division make the playoffs in the dynasty league? I'm trying to figure out if I'm making it or not.

i am not sure if i am reading the settings correctly, but it is either the top three from each division, or the top 6 overall, but in either case you're ranked 6 so you at this point you would go.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Hide yo Tates, hide yo Blounts, they cuttin everybody in here.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Yo, Langly‌

i am not sure if i am reading the settings correctly, but it is either the top three from each division, or the top 6 overall, but in either case you're ranked 6 so you at this point you would go.

For the final two games I'm facing the top two teams, so I'm not so sure I make it. I was thinking about selling some players off before the deadline.

Anyone want next years hot sleeper, Cordarrelle Patterson? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

• Options
    all i can say is that Division 2 is the bustah division

• Options
    I'm on a 4 game winning streak after a slow start. My team is congealing nicely.

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    it's cute that you guys are still trying in the dynasty league

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    simo wrote: »

i'm 4-7! Everyone could lose everything! I outscored everyone this week! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH

• Options
    According to the recap I knocked the socks right off of Bogey this week.

• Options
    I'm coming for you, Simo!

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    The commissioner did the right thing because someone, finally, had to stand up to Peterson.

A four-year-old couldn't do it. So Goodell did.

I want to reach through my monitor and slap the guy who wrote this drivel. I mean, come on...

• Options
    I agree with the article that this entire incident has helped push the egregious league problems out of the spotlight, but I don't know what can be done about that. The league did have to do something about it, they did need to react strongly to the issue, and they did need to do it quickly. I'm not sure what the other option is.

• Options
    My problem is AP was suspended longer for child abuse than Ray Rice was for Spousal abuse. They need consistency in their punishments so they don't look like either assholes for not punishing enough, or like they are covering their asses when they punish harshly.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    They already look like assholes because they didn't want to punish either in the first place

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    It's unfortunate, they're in basically a no-win situation regardless of what they do. He certainly can't play due to public outcry, but nothing has actually come from his charges. The league is bigger than the law now? I agree with his suspension until the issue had resolved itself, and I don't care if he plays another down quite frankly, but now the ban is based on nothing.

• Options
    Saints officially put Brandin Cooks in IR

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    cornell wrote: »
    It's unfortunate, they're in basically a no-win situation regardless of what they do. He certainly can't play due to public outcry, but nothing has actually come from his charges. The league is bigger than the law now? I agree with his suspension until the issue had resolved itself, and I don't care if he plays another down quite frankly, but now the ban is based on nothing.

What do you mean nothing has come from his charges? He plead out which means he is now a convicted criminal. Also, his earlier suspension was with pay and he'll continue to get paid while appealing so he really wasn't suspended he was just put on paid leave.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    People associate making a plea deal with getting away with something, because they rather see the person get the harshest punishment possible, because again, fuck people who commit crimes they deserve no second chances or breaks.

EDIT to make my meaning clearer

Goose! on
  • Options
    No I'm pretty sure that's not at all what Cornell meant and isn't what people have been saying in this thread.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    What the NFL could have done is not continue his ban, and say he's eligible for play since he pled out, but then the Vikes could just opt to bench him for the season or something.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    so there's like 3 feet of snow in buffalo and this week's game is a home one. sammy watkins put up this video but I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to embed it https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=390684194431626

• Options
    Sammy Watkins is from my home town of Fort Myers Florida. He's probably never even dreamed of snow.

• Options
    No I'm pretty sure that's not at all what Cornell meant and isn't what people have been saying in this thread.

Well I asked for clarification because I have no idea what he meant. "nothing came from his charges" sounds like charges were dropped and if that were the case you could argue that the NFL would be overstepping their bounds but he is now a convict and it's not irrational for the NFL to treat him differently than they did before. The NFLPA's argument that he should be reinstated because his legal problem was concluded is pretty asinine if you ask me.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options

I know why the caged bird sings.

• Options
    Butters wrote: »

Well I asked for clarification because I have no idea what he meant. "nothing came from his charges" sounds like charges were dropped and if that were the case you could argue that the NFL would be overstepping their bounds but he is now a convict and it's not irrational for the NFL to treat him differently than they did before. The NFLPA's argument that he should be reinstated because his legal problem was concluded is pretty asinine if you ask me.

No yes I think you are right I just think goose was reading his statement incorrectly.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I don't think the NFLPA's argument is asinine, I think it's their job. It's their job to advocate for a player. It doesn't have to be morally right or even sensical to do so, it's ethically their duty.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Sammy Watkins is from my home town of Fort Myers Florida. He's probably never even dreamed of snow.

That pretty much was my exact reaction the one time I left South Florida and saw snow.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFiVBTMgqOQ

The best part of Breaking Madden is Jon Bois' musical selections.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    I don't think the NFLPA's argument is asinine, I think it's their job. It's their job to advocate for a player. It doesn't have to be morally right or even sensical to do so, it's ethically their duty.

I know the role of a union and understand that they have to advocate for a member by obligation. It's the argument I am criticizing not the fact that they are making one.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Wh...

Why did Matt Stafford just go flying across the screen?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    He was pulling a sweet jump

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    simo wrote: »

I agree, I think it's cute that ALL of you are still trying

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.