As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Far Cry New Dawn - The MOST realistic premise ever

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Going to just pick it up on ps4 now if it's available in store. There's fun to be had here but it's just giving me a headache on pc.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Got mine through the Nvidia code, which means I can't play along with every other single person who got it this way. Fucking Ubisoft just always fucks up.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Found the issue with locking up on launch. Had to unplug my Logitech G13 gameboard and 360 controller, then reboot PC. Thankfully my G15 and G700s mouse aren't causing issues (people on their forums saying other Logitech devices cause it as well).

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Everyone unlock and craft the fuck out of the hunting syringe. It's bonkers without any upgrades, tagging permanently any enemies in a huge radius (Animals and dudes) so outposts get a lot easier when you know where everyone is

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    The hunting and crafting is one of the absolute best parts of Far Cry 3. Super glad it's still in 4.

Disagree. I don't want to play another killing innocent animals simulator - they had you fucking killing turtles in FC3. I should have boycotted every Ubisoft game ever on principle just from that, but I have no willpower.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    A turtle would kill your whole family to make itself a better shell holder.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Oh yeah, that was another cool hunting moment. I encountered Turtles for the first time, and I'm like "oh hai!" Then some Pagan Min patrol came around and I accidentally killed the turtle during the firefight (turns out, they aren't cover. Not in the slightest). Then his nearby Rhino buddy rammed me for my insolence. I got totally sidebusted and had to respawn. I'M SORRY TURTLE I DIDN'T MEAN IT.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    That just means there's yet another reason to assault outposts and take bloody vengence for Mr. Turtle.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    The animals are not real.

The people are not real.

I don't understand why everything has to be a gorram problem.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Bubby wrote: »
    Got mine through the Nvidia code, which means I can't play along with every other single person who got it this way. Fucking Ubisoft just always fucks up.

I feel a little bit better about buying my new card just a couple days before that promotion started now, I guess.

• Options
    Okay so now I own two copies of the game. Good I hope the ps4 version runs better.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Okay so now I own two copies of the game. Good I hope the ps4 version runs better.

Mine has been smooth as butter. Had one guy charge off a cliff and an eagle get stuck indoors after I dodged it but no real game breaking bugs or anything. Enjoy! And add me to your friends list if you so desire.
    The_Road_Virus on PSN

• Options
    We're already mates and that is great to hear!

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Dang I like this non-ADD ending, such a nice touch.

So, any need to to crank out a uplay account? Noticed it let's you start a online campaign game without one.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Why does every fucking game have to implement some form of elder scrolls bullshit?

Yeah, the killing and skinning was one of the things that felt most out of place in NBA 2K15.

Hey that sparkling crystal dragon b-ball of balling +3 ain't gonna craft itself okay

• Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    Anyone know how to fix mouse movement/aim? It is fucking awful. I don't know how they thought this was good. It is like, FFXIV v1.0 mouse movement.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Game is installed! I'm going to attach so much C4 to chickens and turtles!

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I'm really floored with the graphics in this game. And I have a 2012 system...

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    The helicopter is just the best. Helicopter hunting animals, helicopter hunting humans, helicopter hunting trucks driven by humans. The thing is just ridiculous good fun and I want to try and make my own shitty helicopter.

• Options
    Anyone know where you find the game stop pre order bonus gun? Not finding it in that first safehouse.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    With all the eagle attacks, Kyrat must be a horrifying place to live. For a while I was annoyed that Golden Path members would fire their guns into the air in celebration. It made me think there was trouble going on plus it's just such an unsafe thing and grates me in general.

Then I saw how both allies and npcs react to birds of prey and realized that shooting into the air is just something you have to do to survive long enough to celebrate.

I saw a skirmish between Golden Path and National Army fighters that never finished because each time the army soldiers were finished, a leopard, rhino, or eagle would appear leading to gunfire leading to drawing attention.

On a related note, getting thrown into a mission that has lots of animal attacks is rough when you don't pack a shotgun. Three wolves ambushing you makes the bow largely useless and assault rifles just don't do enough damage to animals when there's more than one.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    There's a animal defense against tigers and that shit is rough

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I took out my first outpost by riding an elephant while firing an AK.

That was pretty neat.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    This game is fantastic so far

I'll always prefer tropical settings to any other settings, so I might end up liking 3 more

But from what I've played so far this is shaping up to be a fine follow-up

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Also I don't remember killing turtles in Far Cry 3

I remember my big-ass wallets and gun holsters though

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Also I don't remember killing turtles in Far Cry 3

I remember my big-ass wallets and gun holsters though

Not all the animals give you crafting materials. But you sometimes don't find that out without killing them first.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So my first outpost liberated? Just shot open a gate holding an elephant in. The big guy took care of literally everything else. Including most of the buildings the outpost was made of, because soldiers kept hiding in them.

Also, bow hunting rhinos for double skin is pretty hilarious, because it takes something like 20 arrow hits to take them down. Which means you end up having to run down their sides while they're trying to horn-stab you and grab all the arrows you've stuck in them, just so you have enough arrows to actually finish the job.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Use throwing knives too. They deal around the same damage if not more.

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    Oh my God, this looks amazing on the PS4!!!!

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I like what they have done with the outposts where they can be attacked by enemy after you've taken them. Was driving along and get an emergency message saying outpost was being attacked, so I rush over there to see the allies in it launching flares off to signal for help and a big wave of enemy soldiers advancing on them. Not sure if the enemy can reclaim them, but it was still a nice change. Also, once you take an outpost you can do an instanced challenge version of it for xp/cash.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I think I'll be getting this around Xmas time on PS4. Loved Far Cry 3, it's a game I would NEVER have bothered trying if I didn't get it off @Big Classy as part of my Secret Santa gift and it turned out to be one of my favourite games of the year.

Thoroughly looking forward to this.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    You won't be disappointed. They just turned it up to 11.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Ajay was using the radio in the first act and referred to himself as AJ Gayle. The Kryattian on the other end then called him Ah-jay Gah-lay. Weird.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Ajay was using the radio in the first act and referred to himself as AJ Gayle. The Kryattian on the other end then called him Ah-jay Gah-lay. Weird.

Not really. Often people with foreign sounding names use Westernized pronunciations when they live in Western countries.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    That continues with weird amounts of consistency. Some kyrattian characters will refer to you as (I guess the romanised version of ajay's name) AJ while others call him Ah-jay

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Ajay can't say his name properly because he grew up in the US
    the local guys OTOH know how to pronounce it.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Also half the fighters for the golden path are female. Thought that was cool

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/far-cry-4-users-accidentally-reveal-they-pirated-the-game

"Hurr hurr we got dose damn pirates!"

good job Ubi, excellent.

• Options
    PSA

If something like a big gold ferret is looking at you and chattering happily it's not because it found someone to play with, it's happy food has been found...

Little buggers are like the bunny from Monty Python's Holy Grail. Had several times now ran toward a huge gun battle only to find it over and one of these happily romping among its half dozen kills...

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

Err....are you making fun of Ubisoft for outing people who pirated their game?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126