As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DLC Kickstarter Pin available during Desert Bus for Hope

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Seems to me Jamie's Sailor Moon pax outfit would have been a better choice.

:P

I'm intrigued and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    If memory serves, she was wearing it for the ClubPA photo?..

• Options
    evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    Thanks for posting the video Beker. Didn't get to watch this as it was happening. Pretty entertaining to see it

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I was in the chat, if I had heard them talking Pin stats I would have been spewing numbers.

Edit: They spotted me even though my bids were too slow. Sadly I couldn't respond, I was chat only due to bandwidth issues whilst out and about.

PedroAsani on
  • Options
    I was tossing out numbers, but they all went by in a blur; your SN may garner just a tad more attention than my own however.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    And here i was thinking 'yeah i got a spare $50 ill chip in and see what happens'........

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    So the auction that happened last night was not for the pin I donated. (Although it was awesome. :) ) It looks like they've updated the prize page for it to have an actual timeframe for the giveaway. It now says 10:00AM PST, Nov 19th - 10:00PM PST, Nov 19th. So somewhere during that time frame, it will be given away. For larger donation drives they usually tweet a bit ahead of time, but no guarantees on that. (Also, not 100% sure it will be a donation drive, but that's the most likely outcome)

• Options
    calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    In the name of the moon, I will support Desert Bus! (With my BFF Levin!)

F5KDFC3l.jpg

I hope you guys all tune in to Jormungandr's giveaway. It's gonna get crazy.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited November 2014
    Qumaden wrote: »
    I was tossing out numbers, but they all went by in a blur; your SN may garner just a tad more attention than my own however.

If they knew you were the one that gave one of their Desert Busers his shield at Prime that might have helped :-)

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    PA Jamie wrote: »
    In the name of the moon, I will support Desert Bus! (With my BFF Levin!)

F5KDFC3l.jpg

I hope you guys all tune in to Jormungandr's giveaway. It's gonna get crazy.

How long are you guys' staying Jamie? Will you be staying for that giveaway?

• Options
    I'm here until tomorrow midmorning - I think Kristin just left and Robert is leaving this afternoon.

• Options
    torgietorgie Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure my friend Sean scalped that bear during a party with the LRR people years and years ago. Funny to see it still kickin around :)

• Options
    Yep, here he is! This is the night we lost the hat.

ydb8k3k2ky8c.jpg

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Looks like we've blown this case WIDE OPEN boys.

• Options
    This makes the 5K for a full set last year seem like a steal.

$6k (ahem)

I have it on good authority ;)

• Options
    So seeing how big the drive for donations those pins garnered makes me feel super selfish that I finally got my own doc pin and plan to be buried with it. That coupled with knowing that bear hat exists, and Jaime in a sailor moon costume makes me realize that there is an awesomeness glass ceiling that I can never shatter.

I hope everyone can tune in and give something to Child's Play for a shot at @Jormungandr‌'s amazing donation.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    torgie wrote: »
    This makes the 5K for a full set last year seem like a steal.

$6k (ahem)

I have it on good authority ;)

I've slept and drank since then. :P

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    I really wish PAX East tickets had not gone on sale the same week as Desert Bus. All of my disposable income is indisposed right now.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I was going to have a non Pin related donation for the CPC Dinner this year but I'm back in the UK and unable to organise it in time. Maybe next year...<sobs>

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    I was going to have a non Pin related donation for the CPC Dinner this year but I'm back in the UK and unable to organise it in time. Maybe next year...<sobs>
    There will always be another auction, no worries.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Just watched the auction. Congrats to the winner.

CVKNruM.gif

@PA Jamie lol

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    So it's nearing the end of the 19th in oz land. What time is it in pinny prime?

• Options
    Geometric CubeGeometric Cube Registered User regular
    It is like 2:24 am 19 November right now. 7 and a half hours left before it is available.

• Options
    So from what I understand about it, you have to donate 150 in order to get put in the drawing? Just making sure I'm reading that correctly.

• Options
    So from what I understand about it, you have to donate 150 in order to get put in the drawing? Just making sure I'm reading that correctly.

No, that definitely isn't true. I think the $150 in the description is just that it was from the $150 donation level on the penny arcade DLC kickstarter originally.

As far as I can tell they haven't given any more details on how/when the pin will be given away today. Once there's more information, I'm sure someone will post here. (I am at work right now, and only able to partially pay attention, so I might miss it, but I trust the internet at large is monitoring and will post here.)

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Generally the price is set by the driver. A lot of the giveaways this year have been $5.xx where the driver set the xx values, but we'll see.

Additionally example: The Dark Link sword is going for $8.87 (and multiples of that value) right now.

orthancstone on
    Pins!
  • Options
    Oh I see, so it still isn't available yet? Even though it is now within the listed time?

• Options
    Oh I see, so it still isn't available yet? Even though it is now within the listed time?

Yup, that's right. Donation drives usually last for about an hour. We know they will do this drive at some point within the current 12 hour shift today ending at 10pm PST. We don't know when it will start for sure yet. Sometimes they give warning before the drive begins, and sometimes they just start it. During the timeframe of the donation drive, it works like a raffle. To use the example @orthancstone gave above for the dark link sword they did this for recently, if you donate 8.87, you get one "ticket" in the raffle at the end. 17.74 (twice 8.87) will give you two entries in the raffle at the end, etc.

I'm sure someone will post here once we have a more specific timeframe and $$ amount for the DLC pin. I will try if I'm watching the stream at the time (and I'll try to be).

• Options
    DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    DLC Giveaway is starting! You must donate in increments of $10.10 for an entry for the giveaway! Good luck everyone!

Diffusion on
    Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • Options
    grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    They're showing it now, might happen within minutes :)

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    starting now, donate $10.10 or multiples thereof

• Options
    Hah, seeing a lot of names I know there.. ;)

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm interested to see if this brings in more money than the Dark Link Sword, especially since they are going to keep it open for so long.

orthancstone on
    Pins!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    $101 from someone lol. That's why I'm just doing it the once to say I tried. ;)

And charity, of course. >_>

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    Make sure you're all registered correctly for a donation for a donation account as well so they can announce your name if you win :biggrin:

• Options
    IT'S HAPPENING! Donation drive started a few minutes ago. The amount is $10.10, and it goes from now until 7:00PM PST (so for just about 2 hours from the time of this post). To donate go to desertbus.org/donate. At the end they will pick a random winner from people who have donated. Each $10.10 that has been donated has a chance to win it. So if you donate $20.20 you have two entries in the raffle, etc.

• Options
    Dropped some money in for charity, and I guess a chance at some pin you guys think is such a big deal. Thank you for your donation @jormungandr hope it rakes in the cash!

• Options
    DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Do you just donate for "nothing in particular" or "a challenge that was performed"? #n00b

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Options
    DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »
    Dropped some money in for charity, and I guess a chance at some pin you guys think is such a big deal. Thank you for your donation @jormungandr hope it rakes in the cash!

Ya I know.... Its like people will trade in upwards of 60+ pins for it too (Mine should be arriving tomorrow... FEDEX NEEDS TO HURRY D: )

Also dropped a few bucks in to get my name in the hat, if by some miracle I do win it, I actually have a good idea what I would like to do with it too

Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • Options
    Duckie wrote: »
    Do you just donate for "nothing in particular" or "a challenge that was performed"? #n00b

NIP I assume.

Always assume NIP.