As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2015 Cosplay Thread

• LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    I'm likely going to dust off the garish hawaiian shirt and monologue through the halls as Max Payne again.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • GuhzoontightGuhzoontight A Goof Who Makes Things Registered User regular
    There is a small group of us doing characters from Hyrule Warriors. I however am doing my own design if Princess Hilda was in Hyrule Warriors based off the piece I created.
    There is around 10 of us so far partaking in it.
    qroepmbzcpmy.jpg

Besides that I'm doing a gijinka Pangoro and maybe a third cosplay. All depending on funds and time.

• GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    For me as followed,

Spetsnaz Soldier - Battlefield 4
    Noob aka "Neebs" - Battlefield Friends
    UNSC Marine - Halo (Maybe)

Also if I complete in time,
    Deadpool Crossover with Professor Oak. I will have a sign over my head of "What's my Grandson's Name?!" and holding up another sign which you can write down the name on the board. Will probably have GoPro cam on my head to record the experience lol.

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    i was thinking of doing a heavy weapons guy cosplay from tf2. now i've never cosplayed before ,but i've worked at haunted houses for close to 8 years so i'm used to costumes. so my question is can any of my fellow tf2 fans pm me to help me with a basic but decent heavy costume. I plan on making my own sandvich out of foam, no weapons planned and i plan on fully shaving for this so im dedicated lol

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    This year I'm planning to cosplay as my hunter from destiny and f course something from league of legends. Either lunar goddess Diana or syndra. Bette get started lol.

• PugglesPuggles Registered User regular
    I've never cos-played before but it looks like fun...I think I'll go as Professor Layton at least one of the days.

• RawrbugRawrbug Ice Queen MarylandRegistered User new member
    ishtra wrote: »
    Likely doing a Riot cosplay, but also thinking about some Final Fantasy depending on time/groupings. Glad tickets are over so I can actually start planning.

Same here! Doing Arcade MF and then trying to figure out if I should do a FFXIV cosplay, another Riot cosplay, or try to show some love for some of my favorite tabletop games. Last year I did Valkyrie Leona and Liliana from Magic the Gathering.

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Rawrbug wrote: »
    Same here! Doing Arcade MF and then trying to figure out if I should do a FFXIV cosplay, another Riot cosplay, or try to show some love for some of my favorite tabletop games. Last year I did Valkyrie Leona and Liliana from Magic the Gathering.
    Nice :D Love the Valkyrie Leona skin <3 Making an Azir for the hubby. I did a last-minute fan skin Arcade MF this year and debating a fan skin again with simple elements so I'll have time to focus on Azir and toss mine together otherwise. Didn't want to start planning until we definitely had tickets, so now a little limited on free time. All else fails, just going to revive a previous costume for myself :P

Loving the new arcade MF though - esp the hair and the guns. So fun!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Red Mage has been my favorite Final Fantasy job for the longest time, so I'd love to pull together the FFXI artifact armor (Warlock Set). And since my costuming skills are well below average, I might spend the majority of my time and money on RDM, reuse my Rick Sanchez costume from Halloween, and round it out with something very simple like a TF2 Scout.

The costumer I contacted to commission some of the bigger pieces for Red Mage isn't going to help me anymore, so that fell through this year. So now I'm planning on cosplaying a FF1 Black Mage on Saturday, and I'll be putting together a Harry Dresden and TF2 Scout for the other days.

Xavier1216 on
    SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    I really want to cosplay Sasha from inFamous. My husband doesnt think anyone would recognize me though. :bigfrown:
    Sasha5.jpg

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.
  • SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Puggles wrote: »
    I've never cos-played before but it looks like fun...I think I'll go as Professor Layton at least one of the days.

Last year was my first year ... I did it on Sat and Sun. This year I will most likely dress all 3 days.

I had so much fun. The amount of compliments I got really made all the work I put into it worth it. Was even more fun when other people dressed as other TF2 characters wanted to do group pics.

On Sat I spent like 2 hours just wandering the halls taking pictures. I forgot there was an expo hall :)

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I will be going as Professor Oak on Friday and as Canadaman on Saturday. Trying to think of an interesting costume to do for the Sunday at the moment.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • dlep19dlep19 Boston Registered User regular
    Two years ago was the first time I had ever done cosplay, at the time DayZ was running wild so I chose to go as the Hero Skin DayZ survivor. This year Im going to bust out Dudley from SSFIV on Friday, and Saturday I'll be going as Sebastian Castellanos from The Evil Within. Still trying to figure out my sunday costume, its looking like Im going to go as the Wiggle guy from the popular DayZ youtube video.

Cant wait to see what everybody brings!

• GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    dlep19 wrote: »
    Two years ago was the first time I had ever done cosplay, at the time DayZ was running wild so I chose to go as the Hero Skin DayZ survivor. This year Im going to bust out Dudley from SSFIV on Friday, and Saturday I'll be going as Sebastian Castellanos from The Evil Within. Still trying to figure out my sunday costume, its looking like Im going to go as the Wiggle guy from the popular DayZ youtube video.

Cant wait to see what everybody brings!

Friendly in Cherno?

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    Daughter and I want to do a 2 person costume set, but after dragging the Ghostbusters proton pack last year and dealing with fedex, costume damage, and a far away hotel, it's got to be something a lot less complicated this year. Probably nothing super complicated. So probably soft costumes, not armor. It'll have to fit in a normal suitcase this time around.

• APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    macrogeek wrote: »
    Daughter and I want to do a 2 person costume set, but after dragging the Ghostbusters proton pack last year and dealing with fedex, costume damage, and a far away hotel, it's got to be something a lot less complicated this year. Probably nothing super complicated. So probably soft costumes, not armor. It'll have to fit in a normal suitcase this time around.

Tiny... Stay-Puft Mashmallow Person ^_^

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • ClockworkInfernoClockworkInferno Registered User new member
    Hey I want to do a dishonored cosplay and I was wondering if etsy.com/listing/196641398/retrosteam-punk-collapsible-sword-prop?ref=shop_home_active_19 would be allowed

Hey I want to do a dishonored cosplay and I was wondering if etsy.com/listing/196641398/retrosteam-punk-collapsible-sword-prop?ref=shop_home_active_19 would be allowed

no way, i've seen them not let people in with foam weapons let alone something that real looking

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Might put my gi to use and go as Throh, would have to paint myself red though..

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular

no way, i've seen them not let people in with foam weapons let alone something that real looking

Personally I see no reason why they would not let him bring that in. It does not break any of the weapon rules.

Just because it looks real does not make it dangerous. It's made of nylon and vinyl with zero sharp edges. And looks pretty badass :)

I have seen MANY weapons that look real at PAX East over the years.

I plan on bringing a shotgun and pistol with me.

Maybe someone with more authority here can say if its allowed or not.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
    edited December 2014
    Sepioth wrote: »

Personally I see no reason why they would not let him bring that in. It does not break any of the weapon rules.

Just because it looks real does not make it dangerous. It's made of nylon and vinyl with zero sharp edges. And looks pretty badass :)

I have seen MANY weapons that look real at PAX East over the years.

I plan on bringing a shotgun and pistol with me.

Maybe someone with more authority here can say if its allowed or not.

just with the way they did bag searches last year and the police presence and with how much that looks like a real collapsible weapon. also the way its made out of ridged plastic and looks like its got a pretty pointed tip and if jabbed could be dangerous

"It cannot be sharp or pointy enough to cut or pierce someone with moderate pressure. This includes all real swords, daggers and knives. It also includes ceramic blades, needles, syringes and anything that can pierce (for example, a Little Sister syringe made of wood would not be allowed)"

the geek chic booth wasn't even aloud to sell the wooden weapons at pax last year

I'm just stating my opinion even though it does indeed look bad ass...i kinda want it.

edit ...its like $350 ...yeah im not buying it lol i wouldn't dare bringing something that pricy to a con

sillyzombie666 on
  • kelseycadaverkelseycadaver Registered User regular
    I'm going as fem!Braum from league of legends and as Miss Pauling from tf2. I'm going to try to make a creator Viktor costume for my boyfriend. I'll probably post some pictures of the Braum costume soon since I'm down to just detailing it :3

• HyrunHyrun Registered User new member
    I'm doing a group cosplay for Game of Thrones. I'm being Jon Snow and my friend is being Sam Tarly while my brother and his girlfriend are Sansa Stark and Littlefinger.

• kelseycadaverkelseycadaver Registered User regular
    Woo, I finished the Braum costume (for the most part). Here are some pictures of it

Ok it has been decided. Justicar Syndra! I ordered my wig and a few other things to get started :) and IF I have time, also my hunter from Destiny

• AaronCAaronC Enforcer - Lieutenant Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Sorry I wasn't tracking this thread for East.

No airsoft allowed, no matter what you've done with it.

If the tips and edge are really blunt as described then it would be fine. It doesn't look like they are in the picture. The end looks pointy enough to pierce and that would be a dis-qualifier. It could probably be sanded down easily.

• AmandaGCGAmandaGCG Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    AmandaGCG was warned for this.
    I'm going to be a female version of RAIN from Mortal Kombat 9. Also making a new black widow suit to be her from her new suit in Ultron. Old black widow pic from this past year.

uppo12i7hy1e.jpg

mod edit: removed img tags from oversized image
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/dr/y5fhl8yevo0v.jpg

zerzhul on
  • Rapid99Rapid99 Swedesboro, NJRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    This year I plan on putting together a Rangers of the Order cosplay, from Metro Last Light (and somewhat 2033)
    Really excited :D it was my second choice because I didn't give myself enough time to work on my original choice...
    I originally wanted to make a Planetside 2 NC Engineer cosplay. But between the fiberglass armor crafting and such, I really don't want to rush it over a few months... i'm so bad with procrastination.

So, my fallback cosplay is now a Metro Ranger... which still may prove to be somewhat challenging, as a lot of the equipment will need to be custom crafted... (it all looks authentic, but many pieces, like the plate carrier and helmets, are custom made for the game, while being inspired by real world counterparts)
    F7TUg7W.jpg
    EmtGaKu.png
    I'm hoping that the helmet and markings are iconic enough that people will actually recognize it o.o
    Nowadays, it almost feels like anything based around tactical gear / real-world military equipment, is almost overlooked x.x

Also! Fun, helpful tip for anyone out there who wants to use a realistic looking gun for their cosplay (figured it'd be nice to help others :3)
    Since airsoft guns are NOT allowed, which is usually everyone's option for a cosplay prop that uses real-world guns, I would suggest looking into Blue Guns.

http://www.blueguns.com/

Blue Guns is a company that makes official police and military training weapons. They are 1:1 scaled, complete replicas of real-world counterparts, and they are weighted as well to feel like an actual gun. They do this to train operators on maneuvers and handling, without having to shell out money for multiple real-steel training weapons.
    But here is the catch. They are made out of HARD RUBBER, not plastic or metal. There are no moving parts; magazine isn't removable, no slide movement, no bolts, safety switch, hammer, etc... it is one, solid piece of shaped hard rubber. There isn't even a barrel, it is a barrel tip for length, but it isn't hollow.
    And, they carry replicas of MOST modern firearms. Pistols, SMGs, Rifles, Carbines...
    They can be a little pricey for some, but it's a nice alternative if you are really dedicated to having a replica weapon as a prop.
    Pistols usually average at about $60. Rifles and large guns can peak it at about $170 o.o

You can buy them on amazon, by the way. :)

Last year I went as Leon Kennedy (RE2 edition), and I carried around his Punisher 9mm (which is actually based off of the FN Five-seveN 5.7mm).
    Since the guns are hard rubber, you can paint them very easily.
    Security allowed mine last year, and actually complimented the clever thinking of it. So, it should be completely legal to bring along :)
    How the gun looks at first

-item-35161-blue-gun-fsfn57-fnh-five-se-1331268919.jpg

How it looked after painting (I should have really gotten flat grey paint instead of silver...

j3Vow4x.jpg

/longpost

Rapid99 on
    edited December 2014
    Blue guns are great. They just need to be checked and they are good to go. They are a great alternative to airsoft guns.

Just don't have them on display outside of the convention and you should be good to go.

AaronC on
  • nernerrynnnernerrynn Queen of Buttskirts PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I will be attending as Hyrule Warriors Queen Zelda and will be in a considerable sized group of HW cosplayers. :D
    xf00a9b8tn72.jpg

As well as a gijinka Leafeon alongside a gijinka Glaceon
    q0m09w9z7mkc.gif

If I have the time I will be making a third costume, but I have NO IDEA what that'll be. :D

nernerrynn on
  • Rapid99Rapid99 Swedesboro, NJRegistered User regular
    Welp. Considering PAX East is at the BEGINNING of March, i'm sitting here thinking I have 3 months to get the rest of my cosplay together, when in reality it's more like 2.
    Now i'm in full panic mode... fff

• afoxisafoxis MarylandRegistered User new member
    Trying to put together a Draka cosplay (from world of warcraft). First timer here.

• kendrickkendrick Registered User new member
    First time pax attendee and first time cosplayer here. I figured I would throw in my two cents. I'm putting together a wasteland wanderer cosplay based on the Fallout series (in the hope of bringing good luck to an announcement some time this year). I'm not planning on weapons or super heavy layers, but any general advice would be greatly appreciated.

• LyetLyet Registered User new member
    I'm going as an Eternal Scout from Welcome to Night Vale. I know many people won't get it, but I think it'll be fun anyway.

• HearthsingerHearthsinger Actor/Writer NYCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Pretty excited to bring my new Chromie cosplay from World of Warcraft to both PAX south and east! Just a few more details and it should be all set. Honestly I don't know how I made it in two weeks, but that sure is what went down. I ordered materials during the holidays when my work was crazy and hit the ground running New Year's Day. Still more details, armor fitting to do. c8rz2lmstnxl.jpg
    uownyiaee9kn.jpg
    rabhfkrfqds4.jpg
    igmfzm0b4zwa.jpg

Hearthsinger on
  • WickedAwesomeZoWickedAwesomeZo Registered User regular
    This year I'm going as Fem Sly Cooper. I'm super excited for it, especially to carry that can around all day.

edited January 2015
    To all of us coslaying from League, prepare to be very, very sad.

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/eW1esQvu-na-live-events-in-2015

yutani san on
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    yutani san wrote: »
    To all of us coslaying from League ...
    Spotted this one too, really bummed b/c I love all the craziness involved. was going to try for Azir, but I think we'll scale back to 'Hoodie LoL' now. :(

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • MissMoogleMissMoogle Registered User regular
    nernerrynn wrote: »
    I will be attending as Hyrule Warriors Queen Zelda and will be in a considerable sized group of HW cosplayers. :D
    xf00a9b8tn72.jpg

As well as a gijinka Leafeon alongside a gijinka Glaceon
    q0m09w9z7mkc.gif

If I have the time I will be making a third costume, but I have NO IDEA what that'll be. :D

Wow, I am so excited to hear there are other HW groups coming to pax! I will also be going as Zelda, and my sister is going as Impa :)

We should all plan to meet up for a group photo!

Xbox: totobomb
    PSN: totobomb

Add me! :)

www.facebook.com/msmooglecosplay