As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL]PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS?

• cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    No I'm pretty sure that's not at all what Cornell meant and isn't what people have been saying in this thread.

Well I asked for clarification because I have no idea what he meant. "nothing came from his charges" sounds like charges were dropped and if that were the case you could argue that the NFL would be overstepping their bounds but he is now a convict and it's not irrational for the NFL to treat him differently than they did before. The NFLPA's argument that he should be reinstated because his legal problem was concluded is pretty asinine if you ask me.

I guess I shouldn't have said "nothing", but $4000 is absolutely nothing. I don't think he should get the harshest punishment possible from the law or the NFL, but the NFL's punishment is based solely on "We messed up initially, and if we don't suspend this guy, it'll look bad for us", which is a joke.

• lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    No I'm pretty sure that's not at all what Cornell meant and isn't what people have been saying in this thread.

Well I asked for clarification because I have no idea what he meant. "nothing came from his charges" sounds like charges were dropped and if that were the case you could argue that the NFL would be overstepping their bounds but he is now a convict and it's not irrational for the NFL to treat him differently than they did before. The NFLPA's argument that he should be reinstated because his legal problem was concluded is pretty asinine if you ask me.

He is not a convict. The judge accepted a no contest plea for misdemeanor reckless assault and gave a two year deferral of guilt with a diversion program. After two years (or sooner), it's likely they'll revisit and dismiss the charges thus avoiding a conviction.

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    lynch picks up a 100k fine for not talking to media (50k for this past week, 50k for the fine he didn't have to pay last year)

i realize this is like, in whatever they sign or whatever but man, having to talk to the media all the time must just flat suck. especially when it's the same questions over and over

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I can always tell which team he picked to lose because it is populated by frail tiny players

well he has to give stafford a chance when everyone is basically twitch-playing the qb snaps

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    This is going to be worse than Beast Mode.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

If by worse you mean infinitely better ...

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    well he has to give stafford a chance when everyone is basically twitch-playing the qb snaps

Yeah and I think only the D-line are babby. Like you see Brandon Browner at full size, so he probably left the secondary alone.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Vikings claim Ben Tate.

Maximum wrote: »

now the bills can show the jets how the hide in the end zone play really works

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

If by worse you mean infinitely better ...

This is exactly what I meant.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Buffalo is offering 10 bucks an hour and free game tickets if you go help shovel out the stadium.

I'd be there in a second if I lived in the area.

I would make more than I do now, but I doubt I can actually get to the field

• simosimo Registered User regular
    from the looks of things, you could live across the street and it would still take you 6 hours to get there

bugss2.jpg
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    clear out all that beautiful snow football snow? Those monsters

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Packers and Patriots look like the favorites this year

a lot of damn TDs

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I bet on the Chiefs to cover the spread against Oakland. Come on Chiefs, win by at least 8

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Why would the vikes pick up tate

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Why would the vikes pick up tate

McKinnon and Asiata are both hurt.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    clear out all that beautiful snow football snow? Those monsters

Well I mean, they have been working 3 days, and only managed to clear one foot of snow so far

And it's supposed to snow at least a foot tonight.

There's snow football, and then there's "nobody can physically enter the stadium"

Sweeney Tom on
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I was mostly kidding, but watching the Jets and Bills try to play in 8 feet of snow can't be less interesting than a bills-jets game.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
    edited November 2014
    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11897971&src=desktop&rand=ref~{"ref":"http://m.facebook.com"}

This is a really interesting story on Carson Palmer and his knee. Gives you a view of the other side of the donation process.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I still wish I did a donor tendon for my ACL. my knee has never been the same since i was my own donor, can't do anything like I used to :/

knees are jerks.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    blount is signing with the patriots

How is he going to get carries on that team? They're pretty stacked at running back.

Andrew Hawkins or Jeremy Hill for my flex? PPR league, but Josh Gordon and Gio Bernard are both back. Who is likely to suffer more?

• simosimo Registered User regular
    How is he going to get carries on that team? They're pretty stacked at running back.

they're not that stacked, especially with the personnel belichick likes to use

gray getting 38 carries is an anomaly, he would much prefer rotating 3 backs, and bolden pretty much sucks

the one concerning point is he was complaining about carries in pittsburgh, he'll probably get more in new england, but i don't expect him to get the majority of carries, so hopefully that doesn't cause problems. the fact that he was here before makes me optimistic it won't

bugss2.jpg
    simo wrote: »

they're not that stacked, especially with the personnel belichick likes to use

gray getting 38 carries is an anomaly, he would much prefer rotating 3 backs, and bolden pretty much sucks

the one concerning point is he was complaining about carries in pittsburgh, he'll probably get more in new england, but i don't expect him to get the majority of carries, so hopefully that doesn't cause problems. the fact that he was here before makes me optimistic it won't

I think it's reasonable to assume BB would lay down the law. Also, can you imagine a player walking off the field on him?

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    cornell wrote: »
    Andrew Hawkins or Jeremy Hill for my flex? PPR league, but Josh Gordon and Gio Bernard are both back. Who is likely to suffer more?

Ride Hill while he's hot.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    lazegamer wrote: »

He is not a convict. The judge accepted a no contest plea for misdemeanor reckless assault and gave a two year deferral of guilt with a diversion program. After two years (or sooner), it's likely they'll revisit and dismiss the charges thus avoiding a conviction.

He's a convict now and won't be later same as Ray Rice. It's not like the charges were dropped or he was acquitted which is how the NFLPA is acting.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    lazegamer wrote: »

He's a convict now and won't be later same as Ray Rice. It's not like the charges were dropped or he was acquitted which is how the NFLPA is acting.

convict means someone convicted of a crime

He has not been convicted of a crime

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I would shed no tears if Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice never played another down in the NFL

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I would shed no tears if Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice never played another down in the NFL

Nor I, but I recognize why the union is defending them because the NFL has been clown shoes in how they have handled all this crap. Just stick to the damn rules and punish these fools to the extent you can right from the get go for fucks sake. It is the game playing and favoritism that made a bigger mess of a horrible situation and the union has no choice now but to pursue reinstatement to protect the rest of the players. President is a real bitch when it comes to law and the union can't let the vague and corrupt handling of player discipline go unchallenged.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
    The union is defending them because that's their job. I'd hate to work for a union that doesn't have my back even when I'm likely wrong.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I bet on the Chiefs to cover the spread against Oakland. Come on Chiefs, win by at least 8

I want the Chiefs to win by at least 20. I want vicious, deplorable things to be done to the Raiders on that field. I want the football equivalent of war crimes to be committed tonight.

I want the Raiders to be destroyed so badly that Al Davis's desiccated corpse rises from the grave only for Clark Hunt to plunge a stake into his shriveled, blackened heart.

I want this game to move the Raiders to L.A. because Oakland saw what the Chiefs did to them and refuse to keep them around any longer.

And yeah I hope the Chiefs cover the spread too I guess.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular

The spread is only 8 points?

Oakland basically isn't even football team.

xet8c.gif
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    sttttttttttttttttttop jinxing it

Bills game will not be played in Buffalo. Not sure if they are moving the location or rescheduling it.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    sttttttttttttttttttop jinxing it

I'm not saying what will happen.

I saying what I WANT to happen. Desperately.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
This discussion has been closed.