As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX AUS 2015 (Oct 30th to Nov 1st) TICKETS ARE LIVE GO GO GO!

fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin ManNewcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited December 2014 in PAX Australia

At least one present suggestion for me taken care of.

EDIT: Taking place on 30th Oct to 1st Nov 2015.

http://www.paxsite.com/

fishfishmonkeyhat on

• Options
    DruexDruex Registered User regular
    The question is will we have the dates announced before the tickets go on sale?

"It would be a sad error in judgement to mistake me for a corpse" - Kane : Tiberian Sun
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    You may want to look here: http://www.paxsite.com/

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh well there you go, 30th Oct to 1st Nov 2015.

• Options
    DruexDruex Registered User regular
    awesome! time to start making preparations...

"It would be a sad error in judgement to mistake me for a corpse" - Kane : Tiberian Sun
  • Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I've booked non-refundable accommodation already, so I'd better make sure I get tickets :)

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Has anyone checked the exam schedules for poor Aussie students?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Has anyone checked the exam schedules for poor Aussie students?

They will luck out again unfortunately. Though I'm sure just attending for a day (say Sunday) wouldn't impact too much?

I'd still prefer to attend a little earlier than October, when Melbourne is colder :)

agentcooper on
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    @Robert Khoo Can you please address the date collision with university/college/school exams around this time? It seems like the impact on a large demographic of PAX attendees is a problem. I know that I spoke to several people this year who were impacted, by needing to skip either the Friday or the Sunday in order to attend exams or study for them.

It's been a while since I had to deal with any of that, but I imagine that attending a PAX with that hanging over my head could put a dampener on the fun.

• Options
    RandomDannyRandomDanny Western AustraliaRegistered User new member
    Having a laugh at the amount of people upset that tickets are coming up for sale so quickly. Followed by it's still around Melbourne Cup week.

It's great.

As for those with exams/college/school. I've got a job I need to get time off for, can that be taken into consideration? I'm sure parents would mind if they could fix it around for them too.

You gotta make that choice. Would be great if it worked out for everyone. Unfortunately, it doesn't.

• Options
    Having a laugh at the amount of people upset that tickets are coming up for sale so quickly. Followed by it's still around Melbourne Cup week.

It's great.

As for those with exams/college/school. I've got a job I need to get time off for, can that be taken into consideration? I'm sure parents would mind if they could fix it around for them too.

You gotta make that choice. Would be great if it worked out for everyone. Unfortunately, it doesn't.

Putting them on sale in December might be a little quick, but it does allow people to use the line "You can always get me PAX tickets for Christmas".

I have a feeling that it might well be booked for Melbourne Cup Week every year, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason that slot is available at the convention centre is that everyone else steers clear.

The concern about those with exams is quite real though. It seems like it is a large proportion of the demographic that make up PAX attendees, and if it was possible to move it outside of exam season would be a good thing.

Comparing a work calendar to a school one isn't the same thing. Work is all year round, but as adults we have the ability to book time off when we choose (to a greater or lesser extent). Those at school are stuck to whatever timetable they are given, and even at college/university there isn't the same autonomy. Shifting Aus to a better time in the school calendar (I have no idea if one week either side would do it) could allow more people to attend. I don't know if they will even have their exam schedules when the tickets go on sale in a few weeks. Maybe they will hold off buying until they know for sure, or have the problem of trying to sell them in September/October when they get their schedules.

Probably nothing can be done for the next five years, they may have already committed to a calendar.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    And registration is live! http://www.showclix.com/event/3897703

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Got mine! See you all next year!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Of course the one day I leave the house they put them on sale.. as I'm heading into a meeting..

But I got mine!

• Options
    Locked in Eddie!

"Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Sweet three days still available!

flashe on
  • Options
    RandomDannyRandomDanny Western AustraliaRegistered User new member
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Putting them on sale in December might be a little quick, but it does allow people to use the line "You can always get me PAX tickets for Christmas".

I have a feeling that it might well be booked for Melbourne Cup Week every year, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason that slot is available at the convention centre is that everyone else steers clear.

The concern about those with exams is quite real though. It seems like it is a large proportion of the demographic that make up PAX attendees, and if it was possible to move it outside of exam season would be a good thing.

Comparing a work calendar to a school one isn't the same thing. Work is all year round, but as adults we have the ability to book time off when we choose (to a greater or lesser extent). Those at school are stuck to whatever timetable they are given, and even at college/university there isn't the same autonomy. Shifting Aus to a better time in the school calendar (I have no idea if one week either side would do it) could allow more people to attend. I don't know if they will even have their exam schedules when the tickets go on sale in a few weeks. Maybe they will hold off buying until they know for sure, or have the problem of trying to sell them in September/October when they get their schedules.

Probably nothing can be done for the next five years, they may have already committed to a calendar.

You can't have your cake and eat it. You want to go to PAX? You go. You have to do exams? You're gonna do exams. Sucks for them, but that's the path they chose.

• Options
    It's no choice to pick exams over something like PAX. Pedro's merely asking that they take into consideration moving it to a time of the year when a bunch of PAX's core demographic isn't otherwise occupied with the end of their schooling.

• Options
    It's no choice to pick exams over something like PAX. Pedro's merely asking that they take into consideration moving it to a time of the year when a bunch of PAX's core demographic isn't otherwise occupied with the end of their schooling.

Hey, it's the internet. Showing empathy to someone who isn't in your situation is frowned upon, remember?

Forget that there are people missing out on PAX for a second, let's try and come up with an argument for the selfish.

If fewer people attend PAX Aus, it is less successful than it could be. If it isn't as big a draw as the other PAXen, there is less incentive for larger devs to attend from the US. Less money comes in, fewer items in the swag bag, fewer giveaways. Less PAX for you.

People in school are one of the main markets for the exhibitors. Whilst they might not have as much money as the older more mature experienced gamers (25-45) they are (in theory) going to complete degrees and get higher paying jobs in the future, and continue playing games.

• Options

Didn't 3 day passes sell out within 48 hours last year? How many more are being allocated? I heard they allocated less for East this year.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    These things change so much on the supply and demand side from PAX to PAX its not really useful to try to compare them.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    No, but it is fun.

But I suspect these numbers aren't something they want publicly known anyway. Otherwise Bob Shrew might set up his own highly successful show MAX AUS.

It's a show for guys named Max.

• Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Regarding the exams situation, a thought occurred to me over Xmas. PAX Aus may have staked out the Melbourne Cup weekend to somewhat future-proof the event. If it grows so large that they need to add an extra day (a la PAX Prime), then Cup weekend is the perfect day to add a Monday, seeing as so many people take the day off anyway. Won't be necessary any time soon, but who knows where we'll be in five years?

• Options
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    FYI, normal 3-day badges sold out yesterday:

IhtGIyi.png