As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Now I have a [movies] thread, ho ho ho

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    God

Johnny Carson was so fucking good

and they replaced him with Jay Leno

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Then they replaced him with Jimmy Fallon.

This is where I want to smack talk Jimmy Fallon but I am surprisingly always entertained by the stuff he does on there and he just seems like the nicest dude ever and I want to be friends with him.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Jimmy Fallon puts on a good show

his monologues are just bad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Title sequences?

All of the title sequences

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Jimmy Fallon puts on a good show

his monologues are just bad

Sometimes he talks over his guests a little obnoxiously. And he snickers at his own jokes too much. Other than that, though, he is actually a very good talk show host.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    The soundtrack to guardians of the galaxy is free on google play today.

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

Stephen Colbert turns me on in a serious way. Cannot begin to explain it.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »

Stephen Colbert turns me on in a serious way. Cannot begin to explain it.

Well he is one of us...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Jimmy Fallon is perfectly adequate but his Tonight Show is not as good as Conan's Tonight Show

6F32U1X.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Jimmy Fallon is perfectly adequate but his Tonight Show is not as good as Conan's Tonight Show

Different strokes. The shit he does with other celebrities is awesome. Conan is definitely funnier overall.

Conan works better on cable anyway where he can get away with more.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

But only in the US.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

But only in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhI0OVs_zj0

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    David_T wrote: »

But only in the US.

USA USA USA USA!

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    It's always the same old story

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Interstellar was awesome.

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Big Hero 6 was awesome.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    come gather round ppl wherever u roam

PNk1Ml4.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Look at what popped up today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20DF6U1HcGQ

I'm skeptical of this to be honest. Alice in WoUnderland and Maleficent, whatever their flaws, were at least attempts to tell different stories. This looks like a straight retelling, and that makes it feel unnecessary and biases me against it.

I will concede the visuals look good however.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    There need to be straight up adaptations of Grimm fairy tales. I'm talkin Cinderella's step sisters mutilating their feet and shit. Fuckin sleeping beauty's prince charming having his eyes put out with rose thorns and shit.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    ...Huh

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    There need to be straight up adaptations of Grimm fairy tales. I'm talkin Cinderella's step sisters mutilating their feet and shit. Fuckin sleeping beauty's prince charming having his eyes put out with rose thorns and shit.

I thought the latter was Rapunzel's hero? And then she turns up with short hair and cries his eyes better.

Either way. Original fairy tales are a fuckin carnival of nightmares.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The past is a carnival of nightmares, the original Grimm stories weren't taken as fantastical, a plump German child in 1400 had to dodge like seven cannibals a day

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • BigBearBigBear If your life had a face, I would punch it. Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Big Hero 6 was awesome.

I agree, I enjoyed it a lot when I saw it last Saturday.

I have one question though, regarding
    the scene with Hiro and Baymax in that pocket of space-time.

What bugs me is when Baymax leaves Hiro the chip with all of his healthcare data and personality and whatnot in his rocket fist. How is he able to do that if the chip isn't still installed in him at the time? How is he still Baymax if everything that is Baymax is on that chip? I've tried to sort of reconcile this in my head, but I can't figure out a way around it. It's a pretty big plothole.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    BigBear wrote: »
    Big Hero 6 was awesome.

What bugs me is when Baymax leaves Hiro the chip with all of his healthcare data and personality and whatnot in his rocket fist. How is he able to do that if the chip isn't still installed in him at the time? How is he still Baymax if everything that is Baymax is on that chip? I've tried to sort of reconcile this in my head, but I can't figure out a way around it. It's a pretty big plothole.

BH6/The Prestige
    They're both Baymax?

"No one cares about the man who goes in the box"

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    At a special screening of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1! SO EXCITE!!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    BigBear wrote: »
    Big Hero 6 was awesome.

My guess is that Baymax is still Baymax without the chip, it's just that he doesn't have access to all the medical data on it unless it's plugged in. If he can read off of it, maybe he could back-up himself onto it?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Look at what popped up today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20DF6U1HcGQ

I'm skeptical of this to be honest. Alice in WoUnderland and Maleficent, whatever their flaws, were at least attempts to tell different stories. This looks like a straight retelling, and that makes it feel unnecessary and biases me against it.

I will concede the visuals look good however.

maleficent was garbage though

like i would have absolutely preferred a remake of sleeping beauty to maleficent.

into the woods does this, i don't know if the one this winter will

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    like i would have absolutely preferred a remake of sleeping beauty to maleficent.

You want to watch that shit man, some of those Maleficent people will come up with a knife

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    The Cinderella remake has me repeating Why? Why? Why? To myself.

It seems utterly pointless.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I keep hearing that Maleficent was surprisingly good and enjoyable.

I keep hearing that Maleficent was an awful pile of horse poop.

WHICH ONE IS IT

Only you, this bottle of discount brandy, and a revolver can decide that.

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Only you, this bottle of discount brandy, and a revolver can decide that.

God damn could I do with some hard liquor and a handgun right now

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

1984 seems like it'd be a weird story for today's world.

Camera's Everywhere, Government watching and listening to everything we do?

That's not 1984 anymore, that's called a Tuesday

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
This discussion has been closed.