As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NOBODY EXPECTS THE FERELDEN [INQUSITION] especially if you never leave the Hinterlands

Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for teaSecret British ThreadRegistered User regular
edited November 2014 in Social Entropy++
HEY YOU GUYS PLAY WITH EACH OTHER
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtnkIjN6PVE0dGxuSWtOX2FNVVlLSXhrSUQ0ZmRsbXc&usp=sharing#gid=0
THE LIST

FILL THIS SHIT OUT IF YOU WANNA PLAY WITH OTHER NERDS
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kC0Ma9q9C-jEGXGgLYuwzqtDXUCPZW2i4QwAA22153k/viewform?c=0&w=1

You don't import a save from Dragon Age Origins or Dragon Age 2! Use the Keep!
9QWwvV9.jpg
No not that kind
GtIuxDT.jpg
DRAGON AGE: INQUISTION
Release Dates: (EU) November 21, (JP) November 27, OUT EVERYWEHRE ELSE PLAY IT PLAY IT
Official Website
Available for PC, 360, PS3, Xbox One and PS4.

PC Specs:
AlgiqhI.jpg

The third major release in the Dragon Age franchise, Dragon Age Inquistion is what Bioware calls “the Dragon Age we always wanted to make.” Sure. Whatever.
Dragon Age Inquisition sees a lot of returning features and franchise firsts.
  • Races are back! You don't have to play a human to play Inquisition. In fact, Qunari have been added as a fourth playable race, joining the Human, Dwarf and Elf races from Origins.
  • Jumping! The animation is really bad!
  • Open world exploration! Good thing you have that jump button!
  • The Tactical Camera! This returns from Origins as well, with the added benefit that the camera can be detached from the party and swung or moved around independently, allowing you to scout and study enemies in greater detail.
  • Multiplayer! Seems good!
  • Base customization! Making a return from the Awakening expansion and receiving a major upgrade, you will have access to a fortress called Skyhold that you can customize with materials you collect in the open world. Additionally, there will be smaller fortresses that you can capture and upgrade to suit your needs and the growth of your organization.
  • Healing is out! Get fucked facetanking with healing!
  • Crafting! Enjoy clicking your left stick in a bunch!
  • Companion Armor Changes! One of the more controversial design choices in DA2 was to give every companion an “iconic” look and remove the option for them to use the armor found in the game. Bioware has tried to find a compromise by allowing you to equip any armor to a companion, but the armor will now change slightly to suit the character. Varric's chest hair needs to breathe, you see.

In the wake of the disaster in Kirkwall (and following some events in the novel Asunder which were from all accounts much more reasonable than anything having to do with Anders or Knight-Commander Meredith), the mages and templars are in an all-out war. Desperate to see an end to the strife and to bring order back to Thedas, the Divine, head of the Chantry, convenes a summit. It is to this summit that your player character has been sent. But then something terrible and calamitous happens and a great explosion kills everyone in the conclave but you, and you suddenly are infused with a strange “mark” in your left hand. This mark allows you to close demon-spawning rifts that are connected to the original explosion: the Breach. Because this special power makes you invaluable to saving the world, you are placed at the head of the newly formed Inquisition to stop this disaster before it can consume all of Thedas!

The Keep
Before you start your grand adventure with the Inquisitor, you may want to import your decisions from the previous two games. But how do you do that when you played the first game on the 360 and just bought the sequel on the Xbox One?

The answer is the Keep. Enter your Origin ID and it will look at the records from your old games and import data about your old playthroughs and characters. Eventually, you will come face to face with the Tapestry.

kJDCnhKl.png

There’s a lot of decisions to make here. Enjoy losing an hour or two of your life if you want to go through them all.

Didn't play the previous games or don't remember what you did or what some of the decisions mean (who the fuck is Deygan)? This video might help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv6A-CHqkq8
It’s also two fucking hours long.

The Inquisitor
Be a male! Be a female! Have the game fuck up with a hilarious bug that screws up your gender!
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/how-to-fix-dragon-age-inquisition-gender-bug.454299519/

Fm1SEpvl.jpg
Humans are the “safe” option, so to speak, because culturally they dominate Thedas. As a human inquisitor, you were born in the Free Marches (of Kirkwall infamy) as a noble of the Trevelyan family in Ostwick. Your family has always had close ties to the Chantry and the Circle, so you became part of the delegation to the summit. Humans receive an extra ability point at character creation.

Cjwtwi9l.jpg
A dwarven inquisitor is a “surface” dwarf, with no caste or connection to life in Orzammar. Instead, you are a member of the Carta, an infamous criminal syndicate that (among other unsavory things) smuggles lyrium, a material mages need for channeling spells and which templars are often addicted to. Obviously it's important for business to know how things will play out at the summit, so you got roped in to spy on things. Dwarves have a 25% bonus to magic defense.

4UySzDUl.jpg
Elves have long been persecuted in Thedas. Those that live in cities are kept in racially segregated ghettos, and those that live free are obliged to stay on the move. You are one of the latter, a Dalish, either a hunter or, if a mage, a First, the apprentice of the clan's Keeper. Your Keeper believes something is going to happen at the summit that will affect everyone in Thedas, even the elves, and so you have been sent to spy on the summit to make sure the clan is forewarned about events. Elves receive a 25% bonus to ranged defense, and Dalish heritage in particular makes them very politically inconvenient for the Chantry.

7HQliH8l.jpg
Qunari are famous for their strict dedication to the religious philosophy of the Qun, but not all qunari fit the mold. You have never lived in Qunari lands and would be called Tal-Vashoth by any practicing qunari for not adhering to the Qun. As part of a mercenary company, you have been hired as muscle to help keep the peace between templars and mages that would be attending the summit. Qunari receive a +25% bonus to melee defense, and being giants with horns descended from a conquering empire with an inscrutable philosophy, they tend to freak people out.

Classes
The Big Three classes return, and each in turn has three specializations. You may pick one specialization, which can be unlocked through a quest that opens up at a certain point in the game. Specializations are not just for show this time, as they actually have story content tied to them. If you make your character a Templar, there may be some mages who feel strongly about that! Please note that the use of Qunari for these pictures is in no way intended as discrimination against lesser races.

qaU2Wk1.png
Mage: Blessed with the power of magic and cursed with the threat of demonic possession for having it, they can use the powers of Winter, Inferno, Spirit and Storm schools to combat their foes, and may choose to specialize as a Rift Mage, a Necromancer or a Knight Enchanter.
Rift Mages are new, but they have old favorites in their repertoire, like Stone Fist and Pull of the Abyss. They weaken and trap targets and can blanket the battlefield in a meteor swarm through Firestorm.
Necromancer is the "dark" path this time around, replacing the frankly inappropriate Blood Mage from the previous two games. They use fear effects and spirit damage to harry their targets and have access to Haste.
Knight Enchanter is this game's answer to the Arcane Warrior. Instead of wearing heavy armor, they have a built in light saber, slow effects, intangiblity and access to Resurgence, an AoE full heal.

9N4gYDG.png
Warrior: Front line fighters, warriors can soak up more punishment than other classes with exclusive access to Guard, a form of temporary health only they can generate. They have access to the Weapon and Shield, Two-handed, Battlemaster and Vanguard skills as well as the Reaver, Templar and Champion specializations.
Reaver returns as the berserker specialization, doing self harm to increase its damage output and stealing health from targets. They can use Rampage to increase their attack speed and steal life with every hit.
Templar (not a very complete ability list at this point, sorry) is the anti-magic specialization for warriors. They can shut down hostile magic or resist a portion of elemental damage, and use Rally to boost the party and give them Guard, something non-warriors can't normally get.
Champion is all about area denial and being tough. They can block enemy movement through choke points, become temporarily immune to damage and use Counterstrike to taunt everything into attacking them, automatically countering every melee attack.

IcB7Ijl.png
Rogue: Whether it's striking from the shadows or from a distance, rogues are all about hitting hard and not getting hit back. They can use the Double Daggers, Archery, Subterfuge and Sabotage skill trees and specialize as Tempests, Assassins or Artificers.
Assassins make their returns as a stealth and burst damage specialization. They can auto-stealth after killing a target and deal extra damage to wounded targets while ignoring a portion of armor, and can use Cloak of Shadows to stealth the whole party.
Tempest is specialized around using alchemical potions to self-buff. They can give themselves a haste effect or set themselves on fire to knock back enemies. They can use Thousand Cuts to as much as 11400% their base damage to a target.
Artificers are about traps. They can lock down targets, pull them away from the crowd, use mines, and perhaps benefit from teamwork more than other rogue specs. They can use Hail of Arrows to duplicate their Archery effects (so you really want to spec these guys with Archery).
Companions
There are a lot of characters! A lot of companions! I’m purposely leaving them blank because you should really get to know them on your own if you haven’t.
Advisers and the War Table
EutwcQm.gif
New to Inquisition is the War Table, and with it Advisers. When you wish to progress the story or unlock objectives for exploration, you use the War Table and choose an Adviser who represents a particular approach to solving problems: Secrets, Forces or Connections. They will then carry out your will, sometimes completing activities off camera using a real-time cooldown, sometimes sending agents to perform activities like repairing bridges or digging up intelligence, or sometimes actually becoming involved in missions themselves. Some of them may even like-like you. :3

Crafting
iTdgvTTl.png
You can expand a base! You can make your own stuff! Be warned though, you have to collect a ton of shit in order to make things for everyone. I hope you like field gathering!

Influence and Power
As you complete activities in Dragon Age Inquisition, you earn gold and experience, but the Inquisition itself also improves by acquiring Power and Influence. Influence acts as experience to level up the inquisition and acquire Perks, and then Power is spent to accomplish activities and actually open new areas.

PhdbbG6.png

Inquisition Perks are very important, especially Cullen's Forces perks that increase your potion limit and unlock/upgrade your Focus meter, which powers special “limit break” style skills tied to your specializations. Other perks can expand the amount of elixirs you bring into combat, improve the quality of your equipment, or unlock dialogue options. Pick your perks carefully, though, because there are about thirty and you can expect to have about ten or so by end-game.

Reviews, or “Is it a Good Game or Not?”
The game is fun! Shut the fuck up and play it!

DLC
Most of the DLC is good for the first four levels of the game right now. They’re still pretty! But you’re not missing much.
Red Lyrium Reapers:
A hot spot puzzle game or something for unlocking a free DLC weapons pack. Basically, watch four trailers twice each and click on green clouds (if you can see them--the video quality is kind of shit). Best attempted in Chrome--doesn't work in Internet Explorer and may crash Firefox. Remember to log in with your Origin account so you can claim your goodies.
Hot spots to click: Vivienne's video:
The Bust of Celene on the right
the guy's mask
Vivienne's staff while she's blocking shrapnel
; Iron Bull's video:
One of Bull's Chargers, specificially "Krem"
the guy Bull is strangling
the body of the giant after bull kills it
; Varric's video:
When the bar interior is seen from above, Cassandra is on the left
when the guy gets slapped, Solas is in the background
when Varric says "take a hint," click the crossbow
; Inquisitor's video: Just watch the bar down at the bottom of the video and when a green dot appears, click it and drag it to the frame that makes a weapon show up.

Zen Vulgarity on

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Struggle is an illusion. The tide rises, the tide falls, but the sea is changeless. There is nothing to struggle against. Victory is in the Qun.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Struggle is an illusion. The tide rises, the tide falls, but the sea is changeless. There is nothing to struggle against. Victory is in the Qun.

You must be this tall to Ride The Bull

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    This is the first time I've actually seen the recommended specs. Holy crap. I didn't realise hexcore processors were even a thing!

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    This game sounds cool and good maybe. Are dwarf ladies in game as cool looking as that concept art

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I approve though because hexcore is a word I want to say repeatedly.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    just say honeycomb

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    And here's the latest trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJqxfkgSUog

If anybody is interested in jumping into the multiplayer (on ps4) let me know. It's a lot of fun!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I am actually playing as Satan after a massive bender, he woke up in Ferelden and is going with the Qunari thing just to be easy to get along with

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I lost an hour of progress last night (mostly conversations with people in Skyhold) because of a bug that inexplicably switched my voice from British to American

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Once you unlock Katari in Multiplayer you realize that every other part of the game is just leading up to that point.

Whatever we were before, we are now Katari.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    This is the first time I've actually seen the recommended specs. Holy crap. I didn't realise hexcore processors were even a thing!

They are

But they are very, very rarely needed for home use

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    I lost an hour of progress last night (mostly conversations with people in Skyhold) because of a bug that inexplicably switched my voice from British to American
    That bug currently occurs when you customize Hawke. Fix is coming in next patch, but for now, unfortunately, it'll set you back to 'default' for your race/gender.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I keep seeing an animation bug (I think it's a bug) that distracts me to the point of taking me out of the game a bit just because it looks so awkward. Anyone else with a human female inquisitor always see that her shoulders are pushed forward slightly in every cutscene? I don't know if it's just human female, that's the one i've spent the most with is all.

It's easiest to show in a screenshot when looking from the side, but it's noticeable everywhere else while in motion.
    MPuOkY7.jpg

Does this happen for anyone else?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »

If anybody is interested in jumping into the multiplayer (on ps4) let me know. It's a lot of fun!

I tried it on PC and it was janky and awful but hopefully the PS4 multi will be better.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    My download is done, after eighteen hours

I don't know why I am suddenly so hyped for this game

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    vsove wrote: »
    That bug currently occurs when you customize Hawke. Fix is coming in next patch, but for now, unfortunately, it'll set you back to 'default' for your race/gender.

Yeah, I figured that was what did it. I was just bummed because I looked up the last save I had and whoops it was from right after I reached Skyhold, so now I gotta talk to all these people again.

• Options
    Well, I think I know

But it's been a while since I really felt excited for a new game

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Oh my goodness The Iron Bull is so rad. Want to put eyepatches on all the characters.

Gundi on
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    So I'm a mage... If almost every chest I open has either a bow or a dagger what are the chances the game is bugged and thinks I'm a rogue?

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    My download is done, after eighteen hours

I don't know why I am suddenly so hyped for this game

The digitial future is so convenient!

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Okay, what do I have to do to run the game in fullscreen

The options seem to have no effect

Or is it supposed to start windowed

• Options
    Okay, windowed fullscreen seems to work for now

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    you know, it occurs to me that two of the leading figures of the mage rebellion, fiona and anders, are both grey warden mages

I bet people are gonna be stricter about the way they recruit mages in the future

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    do you mean if I imported a custom Hawke through the keep or is it something you actually do in-game here?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I tried it on PC and it was janky and awful but hopefully the PS4 multi will be better.

The only big thing is to not run into the other people playing as that's definitely janky. Once you get used to that though it's fun running through the floors with different classes and team compositions.

Sometimes the pots full of money will be resilient to your breaking them. Or they're fancy and immediately reform after you break them.

Those are the primary issues that I can think of though.

• Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    do you mean if I imported a custom Hawke through the keep or is it something you actually do in-game here?

The latter
    Before you meet Hawke, the game will prompt you for default appearance or custom appearance (which will load up the character creator menu for Hawke).

• Options

The only big thing is to not run into the other people playing as that's definitely janky. Once you get used to that though it's fun running through the floors with different classes and team compositions.

Sometimes the pots full of money will be resilient to your breaking them. Or they're fancy and immediately reform after you break them.

Those are the primary issues that I can think of though.

Occasionally, you'll get some weird desync and have to restart the game (the host, actually, as opposed to the person getting the desync, which is counterintuitive).

Sometimes, despair demons will teleport through locked doors and you have to back up and let them come out to you.

Those are the big ones I've encountered in my MP.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    ahahahahah I read the Templar spoilers

aaahahahhahah everyone's a fucking moron

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    @Zen Vulgarity could you put the multiplayer list and the form to get your name added to the list into the OP, please?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Holy tits that's big. Sure.

• Options
    So I'm a mage... If almost every chest I open has either a bow or a dagger what are the chances the game is bugged and thinks I'm a rogue?

You know now that I think about it... When I opened the chest after solving all 3 constellation things in the a Hinterlands, I got a rare dagger and I'm a Mage.

I've gotten a lot of daggers I think, certainly more than staffs (though I did get a rad unique staff I rocked for a few hours)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

You know now that I think about it... When I opened the chest after solving all 3 constellation things in the a Hinterlands, I got a rare dagger and I'm a Mage.

I've gotten a lot of daggers I think, certainly more than staffs (though I did get a rad unique staff I rocked for a few hours)

Is the loot system different from DA2

In DA2 I was a two hander warrior and I got upgrades for every other type of weapon far, far more often, to the point where I sometimes had to use a sword/board to even do damage

is it supposed to tailor drops?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Varric: "Have I mentioned how much I hate the Deep Roads?"

haaaaaaaaaa

• Options
    I want my fucking actual base I should just plow through the story until I get it

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

uh I didn't notice this had changed until now

damn you

• Options
    Oh wait my dude is already American so I don't have to worry about that bug I think?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    B21f1DhCcAA-MpQ.png

goddamnit, takyris

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    in other news, it took three tries but I managed to make a character who doesn't look perpetually confused and also vaguely amphibian

• Options
    ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular

It is so very good. I tried it out after playing singleplayer through the prologue and after 3 days haven't gone back to single. Not that the story is bad, but the multi has been a ton of fun, especially as you unlock new classes and get to higher difficulty levels. Also a great way to try out skills before you commit to a class in the main game.

• Options
    Oh wait my dude is already American so I don't have to worry about that bug I think?

If you didn't change the voice from the default voice, it should be fine. Maybe create a save before you initiate that talk though.

This discussion has been closed.