As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's that time of year again. Support [Child's Play] through [Desert Bus for Hope]

ElaroElaro ApologeticRegistered User regular
edited November 2014 in Social Entropy++
So.

These guys made this charity that has helped raise over 7 million dollars for children's hospitals.

Now these guys decided, 7 years ago, to play the boringest, longest, dumbest game that was ever coded. A game so bad, it wasn't fit to produce. It is a game we like to call "Desert Bus". For, as of last reckoning, 77 hours, someone will helm the Desert Bus for Hope while the rest of the crew sing, dance, do sketches, do interviews with some interesting people and generally be your monkeys until the donations are not enough to buy another hour. Each hour costs 1.07*cost of the earlier hour, with the first hour starting at 1$. As of now, it'll cost 129.10 $ to extend the Desert Bus for Hope another hour. Will you continue their suffering... for the children?

Oh, and I guess this could be the Child's Play 2014 thread?

EDIT: So desertbus.org. Go donate, or something.

Children's rights are human rights.
Elaro on

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'm sorta sad it won't be in the Moonbase this year, but the Lunar Module should help things out immensely by actually having room to do things in.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i like how you have all your helpful links but there isn't one to the actual site

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    i like how you have all your helpful links but there isn't one to the actual site

*shoots self*

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It's almost time to JAM ON THE GAS, and they've already collected $6k.

BTW, it's not incredibly obvious, but if you are going to bid in auctions this year you need to have a donor account on the website and then link it to your Twitch account. Go into your profile on the DB page, and there'll be a little green + next to Twitch Accounts. Click that, and it'll send you to Twitch to confirm your login.

EDIT: Also, FanGamer has this year's t-shirt up for sale. They're not pre-orders, they've already made them and will be shipping them out ASAP, so might want to get it early.

db8.png

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    f-yeah desert bus!

• Options
    Khoo stares disapprovingly at the camera:

npAnlku.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    That looks more like a profound sense of comfort with his companion.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm amazed James hasn't crashed yet during this whole Skeleton Abraham Lincoln thing.

dtZtN7Z.jpg

(Kathleen's hands are in the hoodie arms, and the skull is on James' head.)

GIF

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Holy bussing hell, there was just a epic auction battle for a set of Pinny Arcade pins. 5500 for a bunch of the rare/limited edition pins, which pushed it over $40k.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    2 million lifetime. So great a moment. So happy it was on Alex's shift, because Alex.

• Options
    Holy bussing crap, some wild suits just appeared. They were super effective.

(The BC Minister of Technology just showed up out of the blue and they auctioned off a house-boat vacation raising 5k for the kids.)

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Today is a day of miracles.

Notch has been dethroned as the highest DB bidder on one auction. By one dollar.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Dengler had already 10001'd on a Mikey auction (the one with the firefly sword). Apparently.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    And Penn brings the value.

It's crazy, but he just cloned this pig and is offering it to the three top bidders if they all bid over 7 grand. They're trying to work things out now with the auction system.

A full Desert Buck.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    SIX
    HUNDRED
    THOUSAND!

EDIT: Oh god, Fangamer you beautiful trolls. They added in extra just so they can hit that even 600k moment, plus just to screw with Paul because he was trying to sing a song for a contest.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I haven't had anytime to watch this week but I'm here for the end of it

Load up the stream and the whole studio is caramelldansen-ing, feels good to be back

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I gave more than initially intended, which is a predicament I knew would arise.

I took no steps to combat this inevitable possibility.

FOR THE CHILDREN.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    This final box o' stuff is ridiculous

Also, did they really only crash once this year?

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Bahahahahahaha, oh my Cheesus, not even close. Beej crashed six times himself.

The counter resets every shift.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    That makes much more sense.

also, hey RMED

38uh2ijp9vml.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    In case anyone missed the link in chat, BigGiantCircles did their annual remix.

EDIT: And of course that's what THE SWITCH does.
    Hard-wired to start the FINAL BUSDOWN.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg