As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PbP] [Microscope] Game 1: Sid Meier's Alpha Microscope (Reserves Welcome)

1235»

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Been waiting my turn to nefariously gloat with Moro, but you're right that the question seems mainly-answered. I think for completeness' sake I'd rather do another fast-forward and cap off with a gloating hologram speech if the alternative is ending the scene here, assuming that's cool with you guys.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    the "Aliens"- like radar/motion tracker bleeps was meant to allow you potentially introduce yourself via Hologram made manifest - like a bunch of evil Obiwan Konobis/Mr. Smiths or some other weirdness if you wanted to take advantage of it.

Lariat's potential s revival also if you wanted to use him as a tool

Egos on
  • Options
    @the brayster @alfredr . let me know if you just want to skip ahead or get another post or so before. Seems like either meeting up with others+salvon, taking the lift back up or escaping the facility would be the next transition

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I'd like to skip ahead. The question is answered unless the entire situation gets skewered somehow. Remember, scenes last until the answer is found, not necessarily when the action is over. If there is more you want to explore, even if that is immediately after, but does not relate to the question, it may be worth creating another scene for. In my most recent game, which was medieval fantasy, we had a single battle have four scenes attached to it, even though it was a minor event in the grand scheme of things.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ---Part III---

After releasing Burke from her cell, the team make their way back up through the facility. They rendezvous with Phillips and Marshall back in the surveillance room and promptly destroy or take any evidence of Salvon and Burke's existence in Divinity's Reach. Upon exiting , the complex had become completely dark with all the power seemingly being shut down remotely. Expecting an ambush the group cautiously make their way towards their point of ingress.
    alright feel free to have the lights ominously pop back on and do your speech or whatever you have planned, @Auralynx‌

Egos on
  • Options
    @Auralynx‌ , would you like to have your monologue, or shall we close the scene?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    No, just keep plowing ahead.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Scene Closed

Question: “How does Atlas “secure” the conduit?”

Summary: A squad of SOL mercenaries lead by Dylan Cain Strout infiltrate Divinity’s Reach with the goal of rescuing on the “conduit”: Samantha Burke. A woman appearing much younger than her apparent age and with skin colored like stone. As they made their way through they encountered a “duplicate” of a war criminal and several other oddities. Meanwhile Atlas spy, Rolan Strout, waited for the right moment to make his move deep within Moro’s complex.

Answer: After SOL mercenaries dispatch of Moro’s forces in Divinity’s Reach, Rolan Strout “apprehends” the key to release Burke from those guarding her. They are able to escape Divinity’s Reach seemingly unobstructed.

• Options
    I believe that @The Brayster gets to pick a legacy and @Auralynx is now the lens?

• Options
    I am going to pick The Conduit as the legacy from this focus.

Current Legacies: 'Colonies at Knoxos Tertius B' and 'The Conduit'

I'm gonna keep with the conduit, and the event will be:

Event: The Conduit undergoes extensive research at the Pegasus facility".

I'm gonna put that right after "Head of Exo-Corp converts to Aeonism", at the end of "The Colonization of Knoxos". I'm also leaving it vague on purpose.

• Options
    @The Brayster , I feel like I really sidetracked this game, which I'm apologetic for. This was my first time playing so I think I may have done things incorrectly. And I realize how one player not meshing with the rest-overstepping boundaries can ruin things. So I apologize if my participation has caused...some of the inactivity. As mentioned above I should have presented the scene in a different way and several other things.

• Options
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you've done. There is no 'right' way to play Microscope. As for the slower pace, we said right from the start we'd be relaxed about it, as people have busy lives. I have had a pretty busy couple of weeks myself.