As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

far cry four

Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
edited November 2014 in Social Entropy++
far cry 4 is a video game

one time I shot a guy with an arrow and he rocketed twenty feet straight into the air

are you into driving squirrelly four wheelers through the tree line and then right off a cliff face

or using a bow and arrow no matter how many machine guns you see

far cry four

Vann Diras on

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't need this thread to remind me much I want this game but at the same time how big my backlog already is and how it's going to get bigger come Black Friday.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    How does 4 go with, uh, troublesome elements?

Like I can appreciate that 3 was aiming for satire, but it was a bit too subtle and ended up seeming like it was just played straight.

Anyway I heard this game is like 15 minutes long if you go for the secret ending.

broken image link
  • Options

Like I can appreciate that 3 was aiming for satire, but it was a bit too subtle and ended up seeming like it was just played straight.

Anyway I heard this game is like 15 minutes long if you go for the secret ending.

I'm not super far into the story

But it seems okay so far

The game kind of leans into the action movie side in that it doesn't even attempt to explain why your character can hang glide and shoot a rifle and climb up a cliff and murder a guy with a knife

But like I said it feels like an action movie in that way, I like it way more that the last game's attempts to rationalize that progression

You play a local who left as a child and is returning as an adult, so I'm hoping they do something with the comparison between yourself and the villain, since he'a also an Americanized local in a fashion. But like I said, no clue how the plot goes since I'm too busy climbing towers and shit

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I loved Far Cry 3. LOVE IT.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I might get this

Eventually

When it's cheap

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Far Cry 3 was the best game I played in 2012/3. It was amazing. I want to play Far Cry 4 so bad but I can't and I am sad because of it.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    Today at work is rough because I have very little to do and an entire weekend of running through beautiful, expansive woodland to hunt the majestic wildlife that dwells there so that I might

I dunno

Carry another automatic rifle, I guess

• Options
    I really like far cry

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

if they were aiming for satire then they were 100% facing the wrong direction.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I will get this just as soon as I can. I had a go on it at PAX, but the little area they had prepared for us to play in was designed specifically for us to ride an elephant and smash our way into an outpost, and I did that maybe twice out of all the outposts in the entirety of FC3?

It's very pretty though.

• Options
    Can you fire a gun from the elephant?

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    had to choose between inquisition and this. went with the former. hopefully this'll be on sale come christmas so i can grab it like i did when far cry 3 came out

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Oh yes, most definitely.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Allow me to answer that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5VUBesZUIk

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Pro-tip this game rules

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    That looks awesome

But why is the person playing it always firing to the side of enemies

At this range, he wouldn't be correcting for windage, wouldn't he

• Options
    That looks awesome

But why is the person playing it always firing to the side of enemies

At this range, he wouldn't be correcting for windage, wouldn't he

Because I am terrible at first person games with a controller

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, please forgive me then!

• Options
    Also, the default stick sensitivity is really high and I keep forgetting to turn it down.

Also @SimBen, did you work on this game? If so, there is a bug on the PS4 where it doesn't save the option to turn off the touchpad controls between restarts. The option screen says it's off, but it lies. You have to turn it back on, and then turn it back off again everytime you boot up the game.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Also, the default stick sensitivity is really high and I keep forgetting to turn it down.

Also @SimBen, did you work on this game? If so, there is a bug on the PS4 where it doesn't save the option to turn off the touchpad controls between restarts. The option screen says it's off, but it lies. You have to turn it back on, and then turn it back off again everytime you boot up the game.

Son of a bitch

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »

Son of a bitch

Same thing happening to you?

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    I'm going to play this at some point...probably after Dragon Age, and Destiny DLC, and...oh god

signature.png

• Options

Son of a bitch

Same thing happening to you?

Unsure, but I absolutley turned that nonsense off when I figured out it was a thing

I'll have to see if it actually stuck

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Hey guys.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i'm led to believe that wildlife is sort of a problem in FC4

i-vMHPJL5-1050x10000.jpg

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I just had that exact scenario happen to me.

• Options
    You're not wrong

Fucking packs of dhole everywhere, ruining my shit

It's pretty much a guarantee now that if I'm sneaking around on a grassy cliff side trying to scope out an outpost

A pack of goddamn dhole will be right behind me, just waiting for me to take out my camera

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    You're not wrong

It's pretty much a guarantee now that if I'm sneaking around on a grassy cliff side trying to scope out an outpost

A pack of goddamn dhole will be right behind me, just waiting for me to take out my camera

I don't know why packs of asshole animals are so entertaining to me but the bloodthirsty wildlife is exactly why I love both these games and monster hunter series

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I have died more to wildlife than bad guys.

I would love a stat screen saying what all has killed you.

Rhino X1
    pack of dhole X1
    tiger X1
    honey badgers X2
    THOSE GODDAMN BIRDS, NOT YET YOU FUCKERS BECAUSE I AM ALWAYS ON GUARD X0

• Options
    You're not wrong

I don't know why packs of asshole animals are so entertaining to me but the bloodthirsty wildlife is exactly why I love both these games and monster hunter series

That's because suddenly being murdered by a pack of wild dogs is the perfect counterpoint to being the big badass action gun man

Related: ok I don't know what has changed but I've lost any ability to stealth my way through an outpost. Guards spot you so quick now

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    You're not wrong

I read this like you were self-censoring "dickhole"

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Fuck Dholes

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Fuck Dholes

at least buy me dinner first, gosh

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    I love how if there is an eagle anywhere in the area, people flip their shit. Even if you just untied them as a hostage as soon as you untie them "AAAA EAGLE! RUN AWAY"

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    I have died more to wildlife than bad guys.

I would love a stat screen saying what all has killed you.

Rhino X1
    pack of dhole X1
    tiger X1
    honey badgers X2
    THOSE GODDAMN BIRDS, NOT YET YOU FUCKERS BECAUSE I AM ALWAYS ON GUARD X0

I remember there being something like that in the PC version of FC3?

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Reminder that the game can be beaten in like 15 minutes if you are just polite
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnCed-hb53E

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    There's something very intense about riding an elephant while hunting animals with a bow and arrow

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I just want 16:10 support. I can't stand playing with god damn black bars on the top and bottom of my monitor.

Bubby on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    the next far cry shouldn't even have people in it

it should just be an animal murder simulator. "hunting" is too polite a word

actually my secret dream is far cry: jurassic park

• Options
    the next far cry shouldn't even have people in it

it should just be an animal murder simulator. "hunting" is too polite a word

actually my secret dream is far cry: jurassic park

You mean, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter?