As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sean Bean [Phalla] - Day Four: Gondor Needs No Bean

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Woah, the mafia had a guard?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Yep. I had a lot kills in this game. You guys just took out half of them in the first few days.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Thank you for hosting, Mikey.

Good job, surviving mafias.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    Baidol wrote: »

Mafia had a guard, vig, and vote maniper

Steam
    edited November 2014
    No village proboard, but here's the break of the "network".

I make my call Day 1. Day 2 Assuran (roleblocker), egos and SLyM (masons) are the village specials to contact me. Fun fact: T_A was some kind of cult and I got converted and unconverted when I and the mafia killed him.

Day 3, LostNinja (guard) contacts me. That was why he was never a target, if you were curious.

Day 4, oldmanken (seer) contacts me with Infidel's name. This leads to a series of vote records that pinpoints the mafia.

Baidol on

Was jdark the vote manip? I am surprised the second mafia kill was not a group kill.

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    premium was vote manip, preda kill, bedlam guard.

Also, i'm pretty sure Infi got targeted for conversion day 1 also.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    the whole deal with 38th doe and myself and baidol was weird as fuck and I still don't really understand what he was.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    Apparently 38th Doe "seered" SLyM on Day 1.

Oh yeah. I gave the SK a seer. SK as a role sucks. Not as bad as a Village Idiot but normally all it is good for is to speed up a game. It's really hard without a way to defend itself. Hence the seer.

Mafia boards should be unlocked:

http://thebeanthatwouldnt.proboards.com/

Steam
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Apparently 38th Doe "seered" SLyM on Day 1.

You can take those quotes right off of that word mister!

I guess I should have just worked together with you Day 2. There was exceedingly little chance that you'd be mafia. Not that it would have saved me so I guess it doesn't matter.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    unless you are running an edcrab type game...giving the mafia a guard is .... :/

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    unless you are running an edcrab type game...giving the mafia a guard is .... :/

Depends on village powers. Did village have anything more than standard load out?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited November 2014
    38thDoe wrote: »

Depends on village powers. Did village have anything more than standard load out?

based on baidol's post. it was just him, masons, 1 seer and a guard. so yeah. also i guess assuran was a roleblocker? (which isn't that great for village)

granted if one of the kills was a hitman ...the mafia could have been screwed if they had bad luck. (imo hitmen are awful)

Egos on
    regardless, thanks for hosting mikey

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular

Was jdark the vote manip? I am surprised the second mafia kill was not a group kill.

Nope, I was a mook.

38thDoe wrote: »

based on baidol's post. it was just him, masons, 1 seer and a guard. so yeah. also i guess assuran was a roleblocker? (which isn't that great for village)

granted if one of the kills was a hitman ...the mafia could have been screwed if they had bad luck. (imo hitmen are awful)

Yeah, Assuran was a roleblocker. I will edit that in.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Fun first phalla for me, thanks for the game Mikey.

LostNinja wrote: »

You did a pretty good job. The mafia didn't suspect you to be a special.

Steam
    LostNinja wrote: »

Did way better than my first phalla. You played really well.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Damn the mafia had 7

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Nice endgame play there, mafia.

Thanks for hosting, Mikey. Wish I'd bean around longer to see it out.

MrTLicious wrote: »
    Nice endgame play there, mafia.

Thanks for hosting, Mikey. Wish I'd bean around longer to see it out.

Geth likes puns...

Truly he is evil.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Thanks for the game everyone.

7 mafia in a 30 player game (I'd be expecting 6), plus mafia specials, plus cult, plus SK, seems like a very likely village loss IMO.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Thanks for running Mikey.

The problem with being a village aligned roleblock is that you are as likely to hurt the village the first few days as you are hurt the mafia. A vig can always call their kill in public, thus it's not a waste even if you get unlucky. Almost all other standard village powers can forward the village agenda.

A roleblocker that hits a special just screws the village.

So, I sat on my power day 1. Day 2 and 3 I targeted Delmain at Baidol's request.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah, I kinda agree with discrider. 1/5 is a pretty standard rule and the reasons you manipulate it are because you give the mafia more or less power. Generally you don't give the mafia more power (guard and vote manip) and then give them more people as well.

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Sorry to my fellow villagers about not being active that last day, was stuck in a conference meeting and wasn't able to post.

My guess is that the balancing factors for the stronger mafia were taken out on Day 1 and 2 (cult and SK, respectively).

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Day 4, oldmanken (seer) contacts me with Infidel's name. This leads to a series of vote records that pinpoints the mafia.

Called it.

My strategy was basically to give as little information to work with relating to me as possible. Could have been way worse.

GG, Baidol was annoying as usual. :) I keep getting on mafia groups when I play lately and it's just like ughhhh

OrokosPA.png
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting, Mikey!

Yeah, thanks for the game Mikey!

JPants wrote: »
    My guess is that the balancing factors for the stronger mafia were taken out on Day 1 and 2 (cult and SK, respectively).

I don't think either of these hurt the mafia though, aside that the SK was a second seer.

The cult 'popped' once the leader died, so if the mafia knew that then it's just another mafia tool (don't target until the end, gain information from fellow cultists).
    If the mafia didn't know that, then it would suck to be the mafia who betrays the mafia to the cult and then winds up harming their own victory condition.

Normally an SK hurts the village more than it hurts the mafia, as random kills will hit both sides proportionally, but will also shorten the length of the game making it harder for the village to win.
    The SK also being a seer limits this a fair bit though.

I assume/hope mafia couldn't be converted? Would they just die or what?

Looking at the proboards, the cult couldn't convert mafia.
    So I guess that does balance the mafia somewhat as a sort of masoning-seeing network.

discrider wrote: »
    So I guess that does balance the mafia somewhat as a sort of masoning-seeing network.

Was that ever confirmed or did they just think that and never find out as the Cumberbatch was quickly killed?

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I was the attempted conversion.

If he had lived, it would have been plenty awkward for me.

OrokosPA.png
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    I wish I had known this, because I'd hoped to convert mafia since Cultberbatch was basically a second mafia anyway

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    For all the powers we had in the end it came down to numbers. We had more and it could have easily swung the other way if we made more mistakes or if the vig got to us sooner. We got lucky on some early kills and both village and mafia played well IMO.

Thanks for hosting Mikey! I enjoyed playing.