As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Android: Netrunner] Creating and Controlling since 2012

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    I'll read it, its a slow day at work ;).

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Sadly, not so for me. I wouldn't get to this until this evening, I imagine.

• grungeboxgrungebox Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Cerberus wrote: »
    If you (or anyone else) wants to review, I will PM it over. Its about 2000 words of blurb so far...

I'd be happy to read. EDIT: It would be this evening (PST)

Also, not sure if it's in your list but Stimshop decks are a viable archetype (Tomacz's deck, the one you triple-scorched :) )

grungebox on
    Quail is just hipster chicken
  • Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Two more O&C spoilers from the dusty tomb-servers of /tg/, provided by known cyber-scholar Snow-jax.
    Amped Up
    Anarch - 3 inf
    Cost 1

Gain click, click, click. Take 1 brain damage.

Builder
    Weyland - 1 inf
    ICE: Code Gate
    Cost 2,strength 4.

Click: Move this ice to the outermost position on any server.

->Place 1 advancement counter on a piece of ice that can be advanced.
    ->Place 1 advancement counter on a piece of ice that can be advanced.

Another Anon claims that he will have access to O&C this upcoming Thursday and will release its contents if Snow-Jax does not do it first. I'll report back if they only go up on the /NRG/ thread.

Jesus, it looks like new Anarch are just going to outrun the corp, in all senses of the word.

Edit: Misread a comment

Stranger Danger on
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    All this ice advancing stuff is really nice, but it still doesn't make Because We Built It good. I feel like core Weyland is still going to be better if they don't put in something specifically to make 'click to advance' better.

edited November 2014
    I'd love to see a better version of Salvage along the lines of a 2-strength 3-rez advancable code gate that gains 1 "you gain 1 credit" subroutine per advancement. You know, something potentially playable ... :P
    I won't hold my breath though. Really, Weyland getting more IDs is a better thing than trying to see BWBI becoming more prevalent. It's not like Stronger Together gained traction from C&C.

ArcticLancer on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I do wonder if that supposedly spoiled Weyland ID is real.

The
    When a runner accesses a agenda, they have to take either 2 meat or a tag.
    one.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    What about the spoiled Anarch with
    At the beginning of your turn, draw a card and place the top two cards of your stack into your heap.

?

admanb on
    admanb wrote: »
    At the beginning of your turn, draw a card and place the top two cards of your stack into your heap.

?

Hadn't heard about that one, is it supposed to be some sort of stim junkie runner?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I was thinking of a hypothetical Anarch runner, 45/12, with the ability "Any time you would take at least one tag, you may draw a card." Doesn't quite counter SEA/Scorch, but Anarchs have the most ways of tagging themselves, and this could in particular help AoA-style builds.

PMAvers wrote: »

?

Hadn't heard about that one, is it supposed to be some sort of stim junkie runner?

"Live fast, die young" is the completely unsurprising flavor text.

I've seen those spoilers thrown around, but I don't tend to believe things unless they come from trusted sources.

I'd love to see a better version of Salvage along the lines of a 2-strength 3-rez advancable code gate that gains 1 "you gain 1 credit" subroutine per advancement. You know, something potentially playable ... :P
    I won't hold my breath though. Really, Weyland getting more IDs is a better thing than trying to see BWBI becoming more prevalent. It's not like Stronger Together gained traction from C&C.

I played around with Stronger Together, just before H&P came out. I didn't find it to be as bad as everyone said it was. Once you get three ice rezzed on a server, it's pretty much impregnable without MOpus or Stimhack. I feel like all it needs is two more decent 1-2 cost bioroids with 3STR to be extremely potent as a glacier deck.

Something along the lines of "->Trace 4: Get a power counter + Hosted Power Counter: Install a piece of ICE, ignoring all costs" would work wonders.

Carnarvon wrote: »

I played around with Stronger Together, just before H&P came out. I didn't find it to be as bad as everyone said it was. Once you get three ice rezzed on a server, it's pretty much impregnable without MOpus or Stimhack. I feel like all it needs is two more decent 1-2 cost bioroids with 3STR to be extremely potent as a glacier deck.

Something along the lines of "->Trace 4: Get a power counter + Hosted Power Counter: Install a piece of ICE, ignoring all costs" would work wonders.
    Both Minelayer and Howler do something similar.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

Howler doesn't do much for ice install costs, it just replaces itself and stops one run? And maybe pulls ice out of archives, I guess. It's a waste of a card imo

sig.gif
    edited November 2014

ST's problem is that until a certain point, your scoring remote sucks. Click through Eli, take a dain bramage or two, and you've got a credit-free, breaker-free agenda. What you need is something that A: eats their clicks for cheap, and B: gets you to 3 stacked servers cheaply and quickly.

Howler is really only useful as a trap, as you still have to pay to install Howler, and you still have to pay to rez the installed ice permanently. It accomplishes nothing you want in ST.

Minelayer is closer to what you want, but has the fatal limitation of only being able to install into its own server, making it a little worthless for remotes. If you draw it early enough, it's great, but bioroids are already great at protecting centrals.

Architect is the closest thing there is to what I want, I just want it cheaper at the expense of being a bioroid.

Carnarvon on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    both spoilers are legit, I was told about them a few months ago by someone who'd know

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

?

"Live fast, die young" is the completely unsurprising flavor text.

that specific part of it is unconfirmed

we know the name and the ability and deck/influence size and the link for certain

edited November 2014
    You guys will never guess what the new Anarch runner does.
    B3QHxnxCYAAvRpB.jpg

I really do like her art.

Carnarvon on
  • grungeboxgrungebox Registered User regular
    I've seen those spoilers thrown around, but I don't tend to believe things unless they come from trusted sources.

It's the second of third time I've heard that being her exact ability (I heard it at Worlds from some folks). It's almost certainly real.

That ability is crazy good though. You get 5 clicks forever. Building that deck will be heaps of fun. My hunch is Anarch breakers, D4v1d, Retrieval Runs, and multiaccess events with 3x Same Old Things/Deja Vu? Depends on the O&C spoilers...

Quail is just hipster chicken
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I am sure she is going to be plenty strong mechanically but I do not like that new runner at all, not my style in the least.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I am sure she is going to be plenty strong mechanically but I do not like that new runner at all, not my style in the least.

I'm just glad with MaxX and Valencia there's really good id's for Anarchs that aren't all about Viruses. Reina was a bit of 'best-of-worst' for Anatomy of Anarch styles, but now you can build event based craziness with MaxX and bad pub themes with Valencia.

Shorty wrote: »
    both spoilers are legit, I was told about them a few months ago by someone who'd know

Fair enough. I'm more used to the occasional outright fibs on the /nrg/ thread. There was one glorious thread where a faker got into a big arguement with snow-jax and an actual FFG employee. The employee oosted a image of Lukas' cubical to get the faker too shut up.

I also misread a comment from snow-jax about the anarch card.
    Amped Up brain damage CAN be prevented. Though the only card that I think can do that is Feedback Filter.

edited November 2014
    Yes, Weyland, Yeeeeees...

Titan Transnational:
    45/17
    When you score a agenda, you may place 1 agenda counter on it.

Why yes, I'd love a extra Atlas counter. Or a extra use of High-Risk Investment for many creds.

Or who needs NBN to do FA? Rez SanSan, score a Atlas out of hand. If the Runner doesn't trash San, search for another Atlas next turn and do it again. And again. And then score a Hostile whenever.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg

Titan Transnational:
    45/17

Why yes, I'd love a extra Atlas counter. Or a extra use of High-Risk Investment for many creds.

Or who needs NBN to do FA? Rez SanSan, score a Atlas out of hand. If the Runner doesn't trash San, search for another Atlas next turn and do it again. And again. And then score a Hostile whenever.

yeah it looks really neat! it's a shame that Atlas will rotate out eventually, that ID is going to take a nosedive once it happens

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    IDs will eventually rotate out too, yeah? Everything but the core set given enough time?

• xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    I
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    IDs will eventually rotate out too, yeah? Everything but the core set given enough time?

Core set and deluxe boxes remain in the game forever, it's just the data packs that fall out eventually.

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2014
    Shorty wrote: »

Titan Transnational:
    45/17

yeah it looks really neat! it's a shame that Atlas will rotate out eventually, that ID is going to take a nosedive once it happens

Depends on what other agendas come out, there's already a decent number of other ones. A extra use of Geothermal Frackig for all the credits, or the upcoming Firmware Updates - 3/1 that gets 3 counters by itself when scored and you can once per turn spend one to advance a ICE without spending a cred or click. Different play styles could work out okay out of it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    And keep in mind that rotation means they can print other cards that do similar-but-different things to continue enabling IDs.

And keep in mind that rotation means they can print other cards that do similar-but-different things to continue enabling IDs.

Not to mention that, outside of Atlas, all the other options are pretty much balls. At the moment it looks worse than BWBI, but I'm assuming that O&C will be printing more agendas for it.

To be fair, BWBI has rare applications, and this at least has 17 influence which is definitely SOMETHING.

• EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    Do you guys really intend to still be playing by the point cards start rotating out? I love the game and all, but I doubt I'll be buying much past Order and Chaos.

Endaro wrote: »
    Do you guys really intend to still be playing by the point cards start rotating out? I love the game and all, but I doubt I'll be buying much past Order and Chaos.

Nope. Not with a 7 set rotation. <_<

Endaro wrote: »

I've been playing since Classic. Don't think I'm going anywhere. <_<

persona4celestia.jpg
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    I'm slowly playing a game on the forums!

...I really don't see any point to buying any more, though. They sit on the shelf unused, as I have utterly failed to convince a single person to play it.

I'll keep buying and playing as long as I stay interested. Still need to see what the NBN big box will do, anyway!

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah as long as I still find it fun to play and have folks to play with I'll be sticking with it!

Based Snowjax just dropped some O&C spoilers.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Ok this one is hilarious.

* The Board
    Asset: Executive
    Cost 3
    Trash 7
    Each agenda in the Runner's score area is worth 1 fewer agenda point. If the Board is trashed while being accessed, add it to the Runner's score area as an agenda worth 2 agenda points.
    W (5)

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Though I'll probably never play competitively....anyone know of any holiday deals coming up on netruner cards? I have the base set...I'd like to own say...all the rest.

Also, at worst that spoiler list looks like a lot of fun things. No clue how many are "good" but plenty of fun.

QuantumTurk on